Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ruskies Red Dawn Starts? 18:21 - Apr 23 with 1147 viewsjackharris

RAF Typhoon jet scrambled after 2 Russian planes stray close to UK airspace off North East Scotland.

[Post edited 23 Apr 2014 18:23]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Ruskies Red Dawn Starts? on 13:01 - Apr 24 with 314 viewsjackharris

Ruskies Red Dawn Starts? on 19:04 - Apr 23 by max936

Bad man your are JH, you had me hunting the news channels after reading your post

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Ruskies Red Dawn Starts? on 13:50 - Apr 24 with 286 viewsLord_Bony

Ruskies Red Dawn Starts? on 12:55 - Apr 24 by JackoBoostardo

It is posturing - the country isn't doing great and he's trying to publicly assert his power much like Argentina over the Falklands.

Russia did invade Georgia, but under different circumstances. This time there is a lot of public attention on Ukraine prior to an invasion.

The USA have sent in Marines to Poland for "training", whilst this issue is going on. Russia haven't been too keen on NATO and the US placing strategic defences in areas close to their borders and this is an escalation of that.

Problem is, posturing aside, Putin comes across as a bit of a maniac and may not know when to stop.

Do you think any of our leaders would have the balls to have a photo taken like that?

Says it all really...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Ruskies Red Dawn Starts? on 13:53 - Apr 24 with 279 viewsJackoBoostardo

Ruskies Red Dawn Starts? on 13:50 - Apr 24 by Lord_Bony

Do you think any of our leaders would have the balls to have a photo taken like that?

Says it all really...

Bony-assed Cameron and Clegg on horseback?

Wasn't that Brokeback Mountain 2?

Putin takes these publicity shots seriously - he's had them taken next to dead grizzly bears and when doing physical activities like swimming and jogging - which all incidentally occur when he has no shirt on. Psychologically - I believe he's trying to posture his manliness to the world.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Ruskies Red Dawn Starts? on 14:01 - Apr 24 with 274 viewsLord_Bony

Ruskies Red Dawn Starts? on 13:53 - Apr 24 by JackoBoostardo

Bony-assed Cameron and Clegg on horseback?

Wasn't that Brokeback Mountain 2?

Putin takes these publicity shots seriously - he's had them taken next to dead grizzly bears and when doing physical activities like swimming and jogging - which all incidentally occur when he has no shirt on. Psychologically - I believe he's trying to posture his manliness to the world.

Amateur shrinks have tied Putin’s behavior to his diminutive stature – by some accounts he’s only 5 feet 5 inches tall, others say he is 5 foot 7, but since he supposedly wears lifts in his shoes it’s difficult to tell.

What’s beyond doubt is that photos of Putin with the ousted president of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych, who is 6 foot 4, have uncomfortable “mini-me” associations.

This led one web forum on Ukraine to ponder the age-old question: “Does Putin's short height help explain Russia's aggressiveness toward Georgia and Ukraine where the leaders are much taller?”

Mainstream media outlets have been more reserved, but the recent rash of analyses comparing Putin to Napoleon are surely not accidental. The French general was well known for his small stature, and has given his name to a complex whereby a male overcompensates for lack of height by bouts of aggressive behavior.

Now I understand why Some posters on here get so aggressive
Read more

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/russia/140310/russian-pre
[Post edited 24 Apr 2014 14:05]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Ruskies Red Dawn Starts? on 14:41 - Apr 24 with 250 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Did anyone on here ever play the game Civilization 5?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ruskies Red Dawn Starts? on 14:57 - Apr 24 with 246 viewsDavillin

Ruskies Red Dawn Starts? on 09:50 - Apr 24 by Catullus

Isn't the current situation in the Ukraine evidence enough? Putin is pushing back against EU empire building.
If he trusted the West/NATO he wouldn't be worried.

[I had to search for a post without insults, and I found yours, thank goddess.

You're probably correct that Putin is pushing back, although it requires some clairvoyance to come to any conclusions about what's going on in his mind. You're also dead right about his pure Soviet distrust of the West.

He's also feeding his base, as we say, and proving his superior manliness [and you know what they say about needing to prove one's manliness].

My point above is that Putin will not start a world-wide nuclear war, which is what the Bear bombers are for -- that and intimidating the easily intimidated. He has absolutely nothing to gain, whereas chipping away at the borders is a very fruitful exercise for him, given the attitudes of the Allies -- and their sad weakness and unpreparedness.

Given his distrust, sending the Bears out over Allied airspace -- or right up to it -- is necessary for military readiness in case his fears materialize.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024