Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? 21:16 - Apr 27 with 2690 viewsDavillin

Out of curiosity, who among you plays no video games - online or from media?

Quite a few years ago, I enjoyed a flight simulator which included aerial combat, but then decided if I couldn't have a reasonably full cockpit [stick, throttle, rudder pedals, at least], it wasn't for me. I also enjoyed a tank battle simulation, but it became too simplistic and predictable.

Never played Football Manager or anything like it.

And you?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 12:04 - Apr 28 with 877 viewsWarwickHunt

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 12:00 - Apr 28 by JackSomething

Always found this a strange attitude, probably coming from people who have never tried playing games (and therefore shouldn't comment) or aren't very good at them when they have tried.

I've played games all my life. I have a fiancee and a 1-yeard old son. I'm an ex-librarian and read more books than the average person. I also enjoy films, TV shows, sports, going to the gym, travelling, cooking and various other interests.

I also don't castigate people who enjoy something I don't.

Anyone who says I don't have a real life because I like games can take a running jump off a high cliff.

Also, I'm obviously also a bit sensitive on this topic.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2014 12:06]

Are we allowed to pick up a parachute hidden behind a rock en route?
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 12:05 - Apr 28 with 876 viewsBloodyhills

Was into playing Medal of Honour quite a few years ago but don't play any video games now.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 12:07 - Apr 28 with 873 viewsJackSomething

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 12:04 - Apr 28 by WarwickHunt

Are we allowed to pick up a parachute hidden behind a rock en route?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 12:15 - Apr 28 with 865 viewsSA1_Jack

I used to play a lot of Call of Duty and FIFA over the years (online multiplayer). It is quite easy to knock them if you haven't ever played them but they are very addictive for good reason, that is that they are very good. I generally used to play online with the same real life mates a few nights a week and was always an easy way to kill a few hours if needed, a bit too easy really.

I never played much on my own as the social side of it was more fun and this is what non-gamers don't really appear to get, especially all the various team games in Call of Duty. I took a break from it and haven't played for a good year or so now though, just got too much else going on and it does require a fair bit of time.

For what its worth I'm in my 30's and married as were the people I played with, a couple a fair bit older some younger. I never really took the p*** as far as the misses was concerned but I know I probably came close to it.
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 13:09 - Apr 28 with 828 viewspansypants

A lot of women have complained to me that their partners spend more time in front of their consoles than their c*nts.

I maybe old fashioned but I know what I prefer using my thumbs and fingers for.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 15:53 - Apr 28 with 787 viewsThursday

I play a few times a week, but always with the kids. Otherwise, the console is a media device.

To those saying they prefer reading, music, movies, and women... I'm happy that you know what brings you pleasure. I like them, too, but they're not exclusive.

To those saying that their real lives are too busy for games... I feel very sorry that your lives give you no free time for personal enjoyment.

In excess, everything becomes a poison. In moderation, anything can be a pleasure.
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 15:56 - Apr 28 with 783 viewsDarran

The video game says "Play me"
Face it on a level but it takes you every time on a one on one
Feeling running down your spine
Nothing gonna save your one last dime cause it owns.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 16:11 - Apr 28 with 780 viewsjamiewales

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 21:56 - Apr 27 by Lord_Bony

Well I m the same age and I m well and truly hooked into the system.

As we speak I am hard wired in for a combat flight sim Warthunder it s brill...
I have fllight stick,throttle,pedals,mic,headphones and I R Tracking headset that allows you to look inside the cockpit and outside at your enemies...it s unreal the camera follows your head movements....it s so realistic...

I also like Call of Duty black ops 2 for PC and will happily spend a few hours in multiplayer mode with a coupla cold ones....

It s so absorbing and mentally challenging....feck reality sometimes...lol

What system you on? i`m hooked to Warthunder too, i`m on ps4 if you want a game
Login to get fewer ads

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 16:31 - Apr 28 with 769 viewsLord_Bony

Ha ha

I mean I love gaming ...I would much rather be in a story than read it if you know what I mean....a much more immersive experience.

Like a lot of guys I have my own "man cave" just for me.it s set up around The PC and monitors.noone is allowed in and it s like mission control for music making and gaming,cinema with ambient lighting and cracking sound..I loves it plus I can talk to you lot as I have different monitors when I m working there too.

War thunder is awesome as I m a big aviation enthusiast, know there's a few on here..(I'm helping Dav with his setup at the moment).

I m not sure if it's cross platform but if it is give me a shout and you can join my squadron....flying a virtual aircraft and using skill just to fly the thing-and engaging in ariel battles and campaigns with similar enthusiasts from all over the world really is an experience that you could never get from reading a book or watching a movie.sometimes it leaves me breathless and pumped full of adrenalin it so realistic and really taxes your brain power and concentration when flying in realistic mode.

Lots of people regularly enjoy gaming,young and old,men and women....absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as like any pleasure,it does nt take over your life....

[Post edited 28 Apr 2014 16:51]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 16:50 - Apr 28 with 752 viewsDarran

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 16:31 - Apr 28 by Lord_Bony

Ha ha

I mean I love gaming ...I would much rather be in a story than read it if you know what I mean....a much more immersive experience.

Like a lot of guys I have my own "man cave" just for me.it s set up around The PC and monitors.noone is allowed in and it s like mission control for music making and gaming,cinema with ambient lighting and cracking sound..I loves it plus I can talk to you lot as I have different monitors when I m working there too.

War thunder is awesome as I m a big aviation enthusiast, know there's a few on here..(I'm helping Dav with his setup at the moment).

I m not sure if it's cross platform but if it is give me a shout and you can join my squadron....flying a virtual aircraft and using skill just to fly the thing-and engaging in ariel battles and campaigns with similar enthusiasts from all over the world really is an experience that you could never get from reading a book or watching a movie.sometimes it leaves me breathless and pumped full of adrenalin it so realistic and really taxes your brain power and concentration when flying in realistic mode.

Lots of people regularly enjoy gaming,young and old,men and women....absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as like any pleasure,it does nt take over your life....

[Post edited 28 Apr 2014 16:51]

Grow up.

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 16:55 - Apr 28 with 743 viewslifelong

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 16:50 - Apr 28 by Darran

Grow up.

I played Donkey Kong once.
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 16:57 - Apr 28 with 738 viewsstonedroller

i love games because my mind needs a challenge, i cannot sit and watch TV or shows/series, mind numbing nonsense, i need to be in control of my entertainment when sat at home, of course i love a good film but that's when i relax, i like to keep my mind stimulated with internet, gaming, mobile games ect.

I think you'll find those who don't like gaming probably suck at gaming and they probably also watch eastenders / corrie / game of thrones / blah blah blah boring fcking TV bullsht.

I know what i'd rather spend my evenings doing if i'm bored, playing a game than watching shite acted by wnkers on the telly.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2014 16:57]
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 17:06 - Apr 28 with 727 viewsLord_Bony

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 16:57 - Apr 28 by stonedroller

i love games because my mind needs a challenge, i cannot sit and watch TV or shows/series, mind numbing nonsense, i need to be in control of my entertainment when sat at home, of course i love a good film but that's when i relax, i like to keep my mind stimulated with internet, gaming, mobile games ect.

I think you'll find those who don't like gaming probably suck at gaming and they probably also watch eastenders / corrie / game of thrones / blah blah blah boring fcking TV bullsht.

I know what i'd rather spend my evenings doing if i'm bored, playing a game than watching shite acted by wnkers on the telly.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2014 16:57]

This times 10

Grow up? Ha ah no thanks,I don t want to end up a brain dead twisted old prune full of vitriol...there's more pleasurable ways to vent your anger thanks.....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 17:08 - Apr 28 with 722 viewsDarran

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 17:06 - Apr 28 by Lord_Bony

This times 10

Grow up? Ha ah no thanks,I don t want to end up a brain dead twisted old prune full of vitriol...there's more pleasurable ways to vent your anger thanks.....

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 17:17 - Apr 28 with 711 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 17:08 - Apr 28 by Darran

I was ranked number 1 in the world on Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 on the Playstation 2 for a number of months. I have been consistently good at football games such as Fifa since I was young and I have only lost twice offline to a friend in what must be 300+ games (treboeth_jack holds one of the wins). I like to think if you have a sharp brain then it aids you in games such as Fifa as there are a huge number of choices you have to make every second and the person with the faster and more powerful brain will come out on top.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 17:40 - Apr 28 with 662 viewsNogginthenog

I'm an aviation enthusiast too and was once hooked on Flightsim. Had a brief spell with Call of Duty but not for many years now.
Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 22:58 - May 1 with 558 viewsLord_Bony

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 17:40 - Apr 28 by Nogginthenog

I'm an aviation enthusiast too and was once hooked on Flightsim. Had a brief spell with Call of Duty but not for many years now.

Thanks for that idea,I m getting FSX sim soon.

Heres the IR TRacking and console system...almost as good as flying the real thing....

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 04:39 - May 2 with 531 viewsCatullus

Out of Curiosity, Who out there Plays No Video Games? on 12:00 - Apr 28 by JackSomething

Always found this a strange attitude, probably coming from people who have never tried playing games (and therefore shouldn't comment) or aren't very good at them when they have tried.

I've played games all my life. I have a fiancee and a 1-yeard old son. I'm an ex-librarian and read more books than the average person. I also enjoy films, TV shows, sports, going to the gym, travelling, cooking and various other interests.

I also don't castigate people who enjoy something I don't.

Anyone who says I don't have a real life because I like games can take a running jump off a high cliff.

Also, I'm obviously also a bit sensitive on this topic.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2014 12:06]

I agree with you. If you enjoy something and it's not hurting anybody, where's the harm?
I sometimes enjoy the racing simulators. Football is unsatisfying though, no physical contact or the true buzz I used to get from a good tackle or banging one in from 25 yards! And the miltary sims aren't realistic enough unless you are a really serious gamer and spend a fortune on all the kit. I'd rather go paintballing.

A little bit of everything is the road I choose. I read a bit, game a bit, watch tv a bit etc. I'm too old and knackered for sport anymore though, I cant even get on a bike because my hip is bu@@ered.
My son will be encouraged to actually play sport outdoors rather than online and gaming time will be restricted until after homework (and before bedtime) anyway.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024