Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chromecast Dongle 13:51 - Jun 1 with 1663 viewsymaohyd

I'm useless with technology. Bought the above yesterday. Installed it ok. What is the quickest way to watch family videos from my phone via Chromecast? I have a Sansung S 3 haven't uploaded my videos from my phone onto any outlet. Ideally want to upload videos onto lap top then watch on tv.

Any advice much appreciated. Cheers.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Chromecast Dongle on 16:36 - Jun 1 with 1575 viewsUxbridge

I don;t know if you can via Android. Supposed to be possible via PC however I can't get the damn thing to connect with my PC.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Chromecast Dongle on 18:46 - Jun 1 with 1496 viewsdnrc85

I use an app called Avia to cast direct from android. That seems to work ok but I don't think it picks up all formats so I'd just try installing it and seeing what it can find.

Easiest way I've found from the PC/laptop is to open the video in a chrome browser and cast from there.

Hope that helps
Chromecast Dongle on 19:12 - Jun 1 with 1471 viewsJackoBoostardo

Android already has the ability to remotely play (or push) video, music and photos to other devices on the same wireless network. You do not need to get third party apps to do this.

I've not got Chromecast myself as I already have an internet enabled TV (where I can download and use apps and go online). However, I came across this for you.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/4352049?hl=en-GB

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Chromecast Dongle on 19:15 - Jun 1 with 1466 viewsymaohyd

Chromecast Dongle on 19:12 - Jun 1 by JackoBoostardo

Android already has the ability to remotely play (or push) video, music and photos to other devices on the same wireless network. You do not need to get third party apps to do this.

I've not got Chromecast myself as I already have an internet enabled TV (where I can download and use apps and go online). However, I came across this for you.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/4352049?hl=en-GB

Cheers

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Chromecast Dongle on 21:04 - Jun 1 with 1406 viewsClydachjack

Try ezcast from play store, it's free and works fine.
Chromecast Dongle on 22:00 - Jun 1 with 1372 viewsCatullus

So is chromecast worth getting then? We are on the cusp of ditching Sky for chromecast or similar and going with whatever is online (and Netflix) as a cheaper option.
Anyone got any tips?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Chromecast Dongle on 22:14 - Jun 1 with 1365 viewsjackforever

Chromecast Dongle on 22:00 - Jun 1 by Catullus

So is chromecast worth getting then? We are on the cusp of ditching Sky for chromecast or similar and going with whatever is online (and Netflix) as a cheaper option.
Anyone got any tips?

Got a chromecast and its a brilliant bit of kit. Use it with an android app called showbox to watch all latest films and tv series. Just need to download another app called all cast to be able to view it on the box. The all cast app costs a couple of quid but tbh its worth every penney. Makes the need for a smart tv redundant imo all for thirty odd quid.
Chromecast Dongle on 22:24 - Jun 1 with 1359 viewsjackforever

Chromecast Dongle on 22:00 - Jun 1 by Catullus

Anyone got any tips?

Got a chromecast and its a brilliant bit of kit. Use it with an android app called showbox to watch all latest films and tv series. Just need to download another app called all cast to be able to view it on the box. The all cast app costs a couple of quid but tbh its worth every penney. Makes the need for a smart tv redundant imo all for thirty odd quid.
Login to get fewer ads

Chromecast Dongle on 10:49 - Jun 2 with 1275 viewsCatullus

Chromecast Dongle on 22:24 - Jun 1 by jackforever

So you'd recommend it ahead of Sky then? Is it easy to install and set up? I'm a technodunce see!!

And when you say all the latest films and tv series, is that free, or subscription based?

I always have questions!!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Chromecast Dongle on 13:00 - Jun 2 with 1215 viewsjackforever

Chromecast Dongle on 10:49 - Jun 2 by Catullus

So you'd recommend it ahead of Sky then? Is it easy to install and set up? I'm a technodunce see!!

And when you say all the latest films and tv series, is that free, or subscription based?

Google "showbox" and have a look. Yes its free so obviously its not exactly legal. But every episode of every decent tv series is on there as is a massive selection of films. All stream in brilliant quality through my chromecast and phone. Took a couple of mins to setup piece of cake. Difficult to compare it to sky as they offer a different service but if you want sky for movies and tv series then imo theres no point. How long until the site is taken down is anybodies guess but thats the only drawback in reality.
Chromecast Dongle on 13:05 - Jun 2 with 1211 viewsCatullus

Chromecast Dongle on 13:00 - Jun 2 by jackforever

Google "showbox" and have a look. Yes its free so obviously its not exactly legal. But every episode of every decent tv series is on there as is a massive selection of films. All stream in brilliant quality through my chromecast and phone. Took a couple of mins to setup piece of cake. Difficult to compare it to sky as they offer a different service but if you want sky for movies and tv series then imo theres no point. How long until the site is taken down is anybodies guess but thats the only drawback in reality.

Cheers mate

Chromecast Dongle on 13:36 - Jun 2 with 1184 viewsApeShit

Chromecast Dongle on 10:49 - Jun 2 by Catullus

Chromecast & Sky are completely different services.
Chromecast Dongle on 14:45 - Jun 2 with 1164 viewsJackoBoostardo

If anyone has a modern TV that is able to go online (download apps after connecting it to your router via wifi or connection), then you do not necessarily need the Chromecast device as you will be able to download Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Movies and most things you would with Chromecast. You can also send movies from your laptop or mobile to your TV via WiFi.

I would only really recommend Chromecast for people with older TV's with USB and HDMI ports, or those without the online capabilities.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Chromecast Dongle on 22:38 - Jun 23 with 991 viewsClydachjack

I use mine with plex server and some unofficial plugins to add streaming services.
Chromecast Dongle on 11:02 - Jun 24 with 914 viewsCatullus

Chromecast Dongle on 14:45 - Jun 2 by JackoBoostardo

If anyone has a modern TV that is able to go online (download apps after connecting it to your router via wifi or connection), then you do not necessarily need the Chromecast device as you will be able to download Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Movies and most things you would with Chromecast. You can also send movies from your laptop or mobile to your TV via WiFi.

I would only really recommend Chromecast for people with older TV's with USB and HDMI ports, or those without the online capabilities.

But apparently I need a dongle to connect my tv to my router. And the only one I have found, thus far, costs more than the Chromecast.

Unless you can recommend something better for a 5 year old Samsung tv?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024