Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabian Way 19:06 - Jun 26 with 10060 viewsSwanzay

I see they are installing average speed cameras there. The place will be a nightmare over the next months whist the road works are being carried out. What a wonderful welcome for potential tourists.
Fabian Way on 09:32 - Jun 27 with 7294 viewsCatullus

A nightmare during the roadworks yes. But average speed cameras may help traffic flow!
It has been shown that people driving too fast cause traffic jams. If we all went along at roughly the speed limit ( on motorways and dual carriageways) not above or too much below, the flow would be much smoother.
Then we just have to sort out the really bad drivers and the excessively slow!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fabian Way on 09:36 - Jun 27 with 7278 viewsperchrockjack

the OPEN will he here soon.LAST TIME it was here never seen so many hand held police cameras and parking wardens and tow trucks

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fabian Way on 09:50 - Jun 27 with 7257 viewsLeonisGod

Presumably it's linked to the relative high accident rate on the road, including events like this http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Police-appeal-tragic-Fabian-Way-crash/st

Given that speed cameras are proven to lower accident rates, then I suppose it can only be a good thing. It does feel all big brotherish though.
Fabian Way on 13:50 - Jun 27 with 7140 viewsrob

I'm pretty sure the accidents have mainly happened nearer the St Thomas end, where it is 30mph anyway in an area which has poor crossings at street level for pedestrians. Fabian Way used to be a 70mph road, and still is in reality as a vast majority of cars travel 60-70mph along it safely.

The main danger of the road is it's drainage, it is non existent and it becomes very dangerous once water starts to sit on it. Maybe they should spend some money fixing that before putting speed cameras in.
Fabian Way on 07:50 - Jun 28 with 6992 viewsPacemaker

Fabian Way on 13:50 - Jun 27 by rob

I'm pretty sure the accidents have mainly happened nearer the St Thomas end, where it is 30mph anyway in an area which has poor crossings at street level for pedestrians. Fabian Way used to be a 70mph road, and still is in reality as a vast majority of cars travel 60-70mph along it safely.

The main danger of the road is it's drainage, it is non existent and it becomes very dangerous once water starts to sit on it. Maybe they should spend some money fixing that before putting speed cameras in.

The speed cameras are only there for the workforce building the new junction for the new Uni campus.

If you have ever stood alongside traffic or been down a trench whilst vehicles are passing you would want cameras there too!

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Fabian Way on 08:18 - Jun 28 with 6969 viewscyril

It's just another money making exercise, traffic will only get busy there at peak times so roughly an hour in the morning and perhaps at around 5, the rest of the day it will be used to fleece people yet again of their hard earned

The devil is in the detail

Fabian Way on 08:19 - Jun 28 with 6968 viewsEdmundo

The cameras are a necessary evil unfortunately, I have worked as a site engineer on urban roads and motorways, it's a friggin dangerous place to work.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Fabian Way on 07:39 - Jun 30 with 6826 viewsSlugster664

Fabian Way on 08:18 - Jun 28 by cyril

It's just another money making exercise, traffic will only get busy there at peak times so roughly an hour in the morning and perhaps at around 5, the rest of the day it will be used to fleece people yet again of their hard earned

Doubt the peak times will bother you eh cyril...your in your pit for the am peak and the pub for evening peak!

STID

Login to get fewer ads

Fabian Way on 10:08 - Jun 30 with 6760 viewsLord_Bony

In 30 years of driving I have only ever had two speeding tickets from cameras.

BOTH of them were dished out from driving along Fabian Way the last three years.

I think there are some sneaky tactics going on to catch out drivers there by the police,lots of people have been caught out the same.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Fabian Way on 21:17 - Jul 2 with 6556 viewsmagicdaps10

So are these cameras working now or when the work starts?

we got any date on when they are up and running and working?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:17 - Jul 2 with 6556 viewsmagicdaps10

Fabian Way on 21:22 - Jul 2 with 6549 viewsNeath_Jack

Fabian Way on 21:17 - Jul 2 by magicdaps10

Stick to the speed limit and it won't matter when they are live.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Fabian Way on 21:23 - Jul 2 with 6545 viewsmagicdaps10

Fabian Way on 21:22 - Jul 2 by Neath_Jack

Stick to the speed limit and it won't matter when they are live.

That's correct but I would still like to know when they are up and running.

do you know or not?

Fabian Way on 21:26 - Jul 2 with 6540 viewsNeath_Jack

Fabian Way on 21:23 - Jul 2 by magicdaps10

That's correct but I would still like to know when they are up and running.

do you know or not?

No idea.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Fabian Way on 21:28 - Jul 2 with 6537 viewsPhileas_Fogg

Fabian Way on 21:17 - Jul 2 by magicdaps10

Someone was working in the camera panels yesterday when I drove past. The speed limit has been dropped to 40mph.
Fabian Way on 21:38 - Jul 2 with 6521 viewsLord_Bony

Is it me or is there an increase in activity by the law.

Seem to be everywhere these traffic officers,I was just driving into Cardiff today off the motorway when a 40mph sign appeared,I was still driving about 50 and immediately an unmarked police car,black Audi,flashed it s blue lights from behind me,came from nowhere.

He pulled alongside waved his finger at me then drove off.

Wonder if this means a warning or maybe I ll have a ticket in the post in a few weeks..I also seen a yellow peed camera flash today as I approached it ...fec

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Fabian Way on 22:22 - Jul 2 with 6482 viewsSwanzay

Fabian Way on 21:38 - Jul 2 by Lord_Bony

Is it me or is there an increase in activity by the law.

Seem to be everywhere these traffic officers,I was just driving into Cardiff today off the motorway when a 40mph sign appeared,I was still driving about 50 and immediately an unmarked police car,black Audi,flashed it s blue lights from behind me,came from nowhere.

He pulled alongside waved his finger at me then drove off.

Wonder if this means a warning or maybe I ll have a ticket in the post in a few weeks..I also seen a yellow peed camera flash today as I approached it ...fec

I always so down precautionarily when ever I see fairly 'new' black or silver Audi or BMWs ahead. Seem to be the forces car of choice atm, quite easy to recognise the undercover ones once you are fairly close, though.
They seem to like rear blacked out windows recently too. once close you can see the camera is positioned above the rear seat.
Fabian Way on 11:55 - Jul 3 with 6369 viewsLord_Bony

So another ticket on the way then...that s three on my licence now,all happened recent times.

Motorists will always be a soft target.this was coming straight off a motorway into a 40 mph zone and not a build up area but a straight approach road....easy pickings.

Fabian Way on 12:39 - Jul 3 with 6338 viewsNeath_Jack

Why do people moan about a speeding ticket? You break the law and get caught you get punished. No different if you got caught shoplifting. If you don't want to be prosecuted, don't break the law, or if you do, don't grizzle about it when you do get done. You lot are quick enough to jump on the back of drink drivers or drug dealers, but speeding seems to be socially acceptable.

Fabian Way on 13:05 - Jul 3 with 6321 viewsLord_Bony

Fabian Way on 12:39 - Jul 3 by Neath_Jack

Why do people moan about a speeding ticket? You break the law and get caught you get punished. No different if you got caught shoplifting. If you don't want to be prosecuted, don't break the law, or if you do, don't grizzle about it when you do get done. You lot are quick enough to jump on the back of drink drivers or drug dealers, but speeding seems to be socially acceptable.

What a feckin ridiculous thing to say.

How can you compare what I did coming off a motorway into a 40 mph zone that had just been put in place in the same league as shop lifting?

Do you mean to tell me you ve never gone over the speed limit?

That kind of answer from you is just laughable ...it s a pity the police would nt put their time and resources into going out and catching the real criminals out there who are laughing at them and get away with it while the average law abiding citizen has to put up with this crap.

Get real ffs.

Fabian Way on 13:10 - Jul 3 with 6307 viewsNeath_Jack

Fabian Way on 13:05 - Jul 3 by Lord_Bony

What a feckin ridiculous thing to say.

How can you compare what I did coming off a motorway into a 40 mph zone that had just been put in place in the same league as shop lifting?

Do you mean to tell me you ve never gone over the speed limit?

That kind of answer from you is just laughable ...it s a pity the police would nt put their time and resources into going out and catching the real criminals out there who are laughing at them and get away with it while the average law abiding citizen has to put up with this crap.

Get real ffs.

Here we go......

Catching real criminals you say, so breaking the law is not a crime then. Or because you break the speed limit and, oh its ok, i'm only going a little bit too fast. Do you realise how many people are killed due to speed every year, innocent people at that? Speed limits are set for a reason due to risk, they don't just think of a number and put up a sign ffs.

That reply was typical of an ignorant person.

Real criminals ffs.

Fabian Way on 13:27 - Jul 3 with 6293 viewsLord_Bony

Fabian Way on 13:10 - Jul 3 by Neath_Jack

Here we go......

Catching real criminals you say, so breaking the law is not a crime then. Or because you break the speed limit and, oh its ok, i'm only going a little bit too fast. Do you realise how many people are killed due to speed every year, innocent people at that? Speed limits are set for a reason due to risk, they don't just think of a number and put up a sign ffs.

Real criminals ffs.

Going over the speed limit puts you in the same league as a drug dealer or a shop lifter?

That's a big statement to make there...jeez...

I m can assure you I m a very careful considerate driver and I m all for traffic control and speed limits BUT IN THE RIGHT PLACES.

What I object to is underhand tactics being used to ensnare motorists which we re all aware of,it s also been proven that too many speed cameras and traffic enforcement officers popping up all over the place can actually CONTRIBUTE to road accidents !

Fabian Way on 13:33 - Jul 3 with 6280 viewsNeath_Jack

Fabian Way on 13:27 - Jul 3 by Lord_Bony

Going over the speed limit puts you in the same league as a drug dealer or a shop lifter?

That's a big statement to make there...jeez...

I m can assure you I m a very careful considerate driver and I m all for traffic control and speed limits BUT IN THE RIGHT PLACES.

What I object to is underhand tactics being used to ensnare motorists which we re all aware of,it s also been proven that too many speed cameras and traffic enforcement officers popping up all over the place can actually CONTRIBUTE to road accidents !

I never mentioned leagues my friend. I'm simply saying that if you break the law, expect to be punished.

Are you qualified to comment on what is the right place to site cameras or decide what speed limits should be in place? Are you in possession of all the accident stats for the roads where you feel the limits are wrong?

Again, they could use as many "underhand" tactics as they wish, as long as you are driving within the speed limits, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

What are your views of people who drive without insurance?

Fabian Way on 13:36 - Jul 3 with 6274 viewsDarran

Fabian Way on 13:10 - Jul 3 by Neath_Jack

Here we go......

Real criminals ffs.

Innit he should be banned for breaking the law.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fabian Way on 13:44 - Jul 3 with 6265 viewsNeath_Jack

Fabian Way on 13:36 - Jul 3 by Darran

Innit he should be banned for breaking the law.

Yeah because that's what i said innit bruv.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024