Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabian Way 19:06 - Jun 26 with 10059 viewsSwanzay

I see they are installing average speed cameras there. The place will be a nightmare over the next months whist the road works are being carried out. What a wonderful welcome for potential tourists.
Fabian Way on 13:47 - Jul 3 with 2057 viewsDarran

Fabian Way on 13:44 - Jul 3 by Neath_Jack

Yeah because that's what i said innit bruv.

Exactly he's a persistent law breaker.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fabian Way on 14:06 - Jul 3 with 2034 viewsLord_Bony

Fabian Way on 13:33 - Jul 3 by Neath_Jack

I never mentioned leagues my friend. I'm simply saying that if you break the law, expect to be punished.

Are you qualified to comment on what is the right place to site cameras or decide what speed limits should be in place? Are you in possession of all the accident stats for the roads where you feel the limits are wrong?

Again, they could use as many "underhand" tactics as they wish, as long as you are driving within the speed limits, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

What are your views of people who drive without insurance?

People who drive without insurance should have an automatic ban and their car sold off.

But there's a difference between this and say someone who drives 3mph over the speed limit.

Anyone who comes on here and says they have never broken the speed limit I would call a little liar..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Fabian Way on 14:06 - Jul 3 with 2032 viewsLord_Bony

Fabian Way on 13:47 - Jul 3 by Darran

Exactly he's a persistent law breaker.

Leave it there you thick c:nt

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Fabian Way on 14:11 - Jul 3 with 2025 viewsNeath_Jack

Fabian Way on 14:06 - Jul 3 by Lord_Bony

People who drive without insurance should have an automatic ban and their car sold off.

But there's a difference between this and say someone who drives 3mph over the speed limit.

Anyone who comes on here and says they have never broken the speed limit I would call a little liar..

But people who break the speed limit should just have a telling off?

Someone who drives 3mph over the speed limit is not likely to be prosecuted (there'll always be the odd occasion that some are though), especially if we are talking in areas where the speed limit is 50/60/70.

Because most people have broken the speed limit at some time or another doesn't make it right does it. That's what i said in an earlier reply, that speeding is socially accepted for some reason.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Fabian Way on 14:15 - Jul 3 with 2019 viewsDarran

Fabian Way on 14:06 - Jul 3 by Lord_Bony

Leave it there you thick c:nt

F*ck off you crim.

Fabian Way on 15:21 - Jul 3 with 1979 viewsmagicdaps10

On from the original thread and away from the do gooders who have taken over.

The average speed camera's are up and running from Tuesday 8th July, so that is Tuesday coming.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Fabian Way on 15:24 - Jul 3 with 1976 viewsllangyfelach

Fabian Way on 15:21 - Jul 3 by magicdaps10

On from the original thread and away from the do gooders who have taken over.

The average speed camera's are up and running from Tuesday 8th July, so that is Tuesday coming.

Tuesday?

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Fabian Way on 15:33 - Jul 3 with 1971 viewsmagicdaps10

No,Wednesday!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Fabian Way on 16:50 - Jul 3 with 1934 viewsSwanzay

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Fabian-Way-average-speed-cameras-install

IF you are in a rush heading in or out of Swansea, think twice about putting your foot down on Fabian Way.

Cameras measuring average speed have been installed to enforce the 30mph limit on the stretch adjacent to Swansea University's under- construction Bay Campus.

They will be active from Tuesday at all times of the day and night during the 40-week highways project to create two campus entrances.

Extra congestion has already been reported on the main east-west gateway into Swansea, with queues heading into the city yesterday reaching as far as the Amazon depot at Jersey Marine.
Fabian Way on 20:57 - Jul 6 with 1867 viewsLord_Bony

Traffic queues today were really bad and also port talbot stretch,wish they'd hurry up with those road works.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2014 20:58]

Fabian Way on 21:49 - Jul 6 with 1839 viewsSwanzay

Fabian Way on 20:57 - Jul 6 by Lord_Bony

Traffic queues today were really bad and also port talbot stretch,wish they'd hurry up with those road works.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2014 20:58]

Instead of sorting a long term solution, they just cause more chaos! Typical of those in power in Wales.
As it doesn't effect cardiff, the senedd counldnt give a shite!
Fabian Way on 08:37 - Jul 7 with 1809 views1jack

Fabian Way on 21:38 - Jul 2 by Lord_Bony

Is it me or is there an increase in activity by the law.

Seem to be everywhere these traffic officers,I was just driving into Cardiff today off the motorway when a 40mph sign appeared,I was still driving about 50 and immediately an unmarked police car,black Audi,flashed it s blue lights from behind me,came from nowhere.

He pulled alongside waved his finger at me then drove off.

Wonder if this means a warning or maybe I ll have a ticket in the post in a few weeks..I also seen a yellow peed camera flash today as I approached it ...fec

I'm pretty sure that was just a "friendly" warning. Don't think they can issue a ticket from a moving car.
Fabian Way on 08:55 - Jul 7 with 1800 viewsepaul

Fabian Way on 08:37 - Jul 7 by 1jack

I'm pretty sure that was just a "friendly" warning. Don't think they can issue a ticket from a moving car.

They cant do anything in unmarked cars, only traffic vehicles with calibrated eqiupment can do you for speeding as they have to prove what speed you were going at.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Fabian Way on 10:05 - Jul 7 with 1776 viewsMrSwerve

Speed limits are subjective thought aren't they? Doing 85 on the m4 at 1am is totally safe, yet doing 60 on the m4 in the pissing rain on a fri at rush hour is mental.

Totally depends on the situation imo.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Fabian Way on 10:14 - Jul 7 with 1771 viewsDarran

Fabian Way on 10:05 - Jul 7 by MrSwerve

Speed limits are subjective thought aren't they? Doing 85 on the m4 at 1am is totally safe, yet doing 60 on the m4 in the pissing rain on a fri at rush hour is mental.

I agree but 40mph on parts of Fabian Way at any time of day isn't.
I drove it yesterday morning at 7:30am and can't get my head around it.

Fabian Way on 10:31 - Jul 7 with 1745 viewsNeath_Jack

Fabian Way on 10:05 - Jul 7 by MrSwerve

What happens when you have a blow out at 85mph compared to 70mph? I don't know the answer but an educated guess would tell me that your chances of surviving the probable resultant crash would be lower than it would be if you were doing 70mph.

Similarly, it makes a hell of a difference to injuries sustained if you are struck at speeds of 30/40/50mph.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Fabian Way on 10:35 - Jul 7 with 1741 viewsNeath_Jack

Fabian Way on 10:14 - Jul 7 by Darran

I agree but 40mph on parts of Fabian Way at any time of day isn't.
I drove it yesterday morning at 7:30am and can't get my head around it.

I haven't been down there, but i'm going to assume it's alongside the new campus they're building?

Fabian Way on 10:42 - Jul 7 with 1725 viewslifelong

I'm with Neathie on this one, people are simply driving too fast.

Those of us that drive at the speed limit seem to get criticised these days, as he said, stick to the speed limit and you won't get done.
Fabian Way on 13:53 - Jul 7 with 1684 viewsepaul

I'm surprised people speed around everywhere these days given the cost of petrol, the faster ou go slamming brakes on etc surely it's going to cost a lot more. Drive at a sensible speed make the petrol go further

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Fabian Way on 20:30 - Jul 7 with 1651 viewsWinchWenJack

So, what is the average speed?

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

Fabian Way on 09:23 - Jul 8 with 1592 viewsDDCH

Had some arsehole raging, swearing, fist shaking and flashing lights behind me on Fabian recently. People don't like the new 30 limit. Due to the lights by the old Fords I caught up with him by the amazon roundabout, so the speeding was pointless in the first place.

Less brave when stopped at traffic lights though.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Fabian Way on 09:35 - Jul 8 with 1586 viewsmax936

Was caught up in traffic coming out of Swansea yday afternoon just after the old Vale of Neath pub, thankfully the Mrs was driving

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fabian Way on 13:23 - Jul 9 with 1526 viewsStarsky

Fabian Way on 15:33 - Jul 3 by magicdaps10

No,Wednesday!

Crying here

It's just the internet, init.

Fabian Way on 14:55 - Oct 23 with 1222 viewsSwanzay

200 speeding offences per day in Fabian Way - but not one fine until system goes live

So the council were not forthcoming that the cameras were not live back in July, yet they are about to be imminently. In time for a boost of the cash fund for the council office party.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Fabian-Way-speeding-200-offences-day-bus
Fabian Way on 15:51 - Oct 23 with 1203 viewsSenhin

Fabian Way on 09:32 - Jun 27 by Catullus

A nightmare during the roadworks yes. But average speed cameras may help traffic flow!
It has been shown that people driving too fast cause traffic jams. If we all went along at roughly the speed limit ( on motorways and dual carriageways) not above or too much below, the flow would be much smoother.
Then we just have to sort out the really bad drivers and the excessively slow!

The worst thing about speed cameras are the people who are already driving along at say 50 in a 50 zone, see the cameras and think "shit, better go down to 35 just incase". They cause bad traffic too.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024