Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 23991 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 20:25 - Jul 24 with 711 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 20:17 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

At the moment though, the Trust seems to have very little influence within the club and no public visibility whatsoever. This just leads to the assumption that we've seen on this thread and others previously that the Trust is either doing nothing or is too close to the club. I don't believe that the Trust is doing nothing, but that is definitely the perception and that has to change. The Trust is not the club and the club is not the Trust. That has to become clearer and as I said to Phil last night if it means shouting from the rooftops that the Trust has lobbied the club strongly on (for example) ticket prices and been ignored or knocked back then that's what it has to do. The Trust is at a crossroads at the moment. It can either be relevant and represent the fans proactively and positively or it can fade away. I know which one I'd rather.

the Trust then as a priority should not necessarily shout about disagreements (as I said I think that may be counter productive eg ticket bundles) but should certainly shout when they have lobbied for something that has been achieved. I don't think we know at the moment what 'good things' are from the trust and what would happen anyway - I'm trying to think of an example but i can't really at the moment..... which maybe says it all ;-)
£15 for our home friendly on 20:28 - Jul 24 with 694 viewstomdickharry

£15 for our home friendly on 19:47 - Jul 24 by _

Well I wouldn't go as far as to say "driven" by it either, but I'm sure they're enjoying a very wealthy existence from their hard work and venture with the club.

It's also human nature, i'm afraid, we'd all be guilty of it. This is why questions being raised and a close monitor of what's going on at Board level can only be a good thing in terms of keeping a sense or reality and protecting our club.

Just like the hand full of fans at the last Trust AGM in the real world hardly any fans gives a toss about the Trust. As a paid up member that does not apply to me,just wonder how many more who spout in this thread about the missgivings of the Trust are not paid up members.The next Fans Forum will surely be live on Sky.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:28 - Jul 24 with 693 viewsSwanseajill

£15 for our home friendly on 20:17 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

Not everyone is as nice as you Lorr. Some people like creating Internet personas just to argue the toss with random strangers on the Internet. Weirdos. The good news is that nothing on here really matters and we can both enjoy the upcoming season.

Ps troop all say hello. You'll be glad to hear they're wearing me and my nearly empty wallet out on our summer hols.

What else is a better way of spending your easy earned dosh on then.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:28 - Jul 24 with 691 viewsexiledclaseboy

£15 for our home friendly on 20:25 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

the Trust then as a priority should not necessarily shout about disagreements (as I said I think that may be counter productive eg ticket bundles) but should certainly shout when they have lobbied for something that has been achieved. I don't think we know at the moment what 'good things' are from the trust and what would happen anyway - I'm trying to think of an example but i can't really at the moment..... which maybe says it all ;-)

Why would it not shout about the disagreements? Equally if not more important than emphasising achievements (of which there seem to be very few currently) in my view.

Poll: Tory leader

£15 for our home friendly on 20:29 - Jul 24 with 688 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 20:18 - Jul 24 by MoscowJack

Personally, I think Huw Cooze is doing an excellent job. He's got the diplomacy that I wish I had. He's also not afraid to stand up for what he wants - he's a man of principals.

It would be hard to find someone as committed to the Swans and intent on doing the right thing for the fans acting in his role as Huw.

Personally, and I know some will disagree, but if Huw's tender was the same as Joe Bloggs Inc from London, I'd rather the local business won it. I'd rather give something back to someone who's given his FREE time.

If he was doing the Trust job just to win business from the Club then I'd be screaming out and asking questions. I did once actually.

There are other fish to fry so instead of pointing fingers at people who are genuinely (a) best suited for the role and (b) doing their utmost best, why not focus on what you don't like and get the Trust to respond.

I've just tried ordering a home and away kit online. The first time I was screwed because they're slim fit (and I haven't been slim for 10 years) so I lost that money.

I left it a while but went to order, but can't as there are no PL badges available. I'm not going to order a kit without one - it doesn't seem right!

How difficult would it be to think - hhhmm....we've ordered 10,000 kits, I wonder how many badges we might need! It's so f'ing simple.

Things like this annoy me as they're simple to plan and work out for someone with the right experience. Things like not warning the fans that the shirts are one size too small annoy me as people will waste their hard-earned money because they can't wear the "spray on" kit.

Pointing a finger at someone like Huw Cooze is an absolute waste of time. He's 100% on our side, even if the PR of the Trust doesn't do this justice. Others are earning a hefty salary (100k a year or more) on the premise of a job well done.....but it's certainly not.

So Nick,

When you were "screaming out and asking questions" did you know Huw then?

He's our man at the top, our man to go to. The man unfortunately that will get brought into debate because thats the job he's gone in for.

I'm not singling him out. But no one, ideally, should have a financial interest in the club if sometimes they need to stick their head above the parapet and say, hey, the masses aren't happy, wtf can we do about it....

And then... to come back and transparently inform the fans what's being done or going on...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 20:31 - Jul 24 with 670 viewsjackonicko

£15 for our home friendly on 20:28 - Jul 24 by tomdickharry

Just like the hand full of fans at the last Trust AGM in the real world hardly any fans gives a toss about the Trust. As a paid up member that does not apply to me,just wonder how many more who spout in this thread about the missgivings of the Trust are not paid up members.The next Fans Forum will surely be live on Sky.

I've never added it up, but the trust has probably had over £1,000 of my money over the years.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:33 - Jul 24 with 659 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 20:28 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

Why would it not shout about the disagreements? Equally if not more important than emphasising achievements (of which there seem to be very few currently) in my view.

because I think that if the board as a whole believe that everytime they make a decision that is unpopular, the trust member starts complaining about it in public, the board will start to treat them as an outsider thus reducing their influence. It's just my view - as I say, in my mind it's the same as Vince Cable slagging off the Tories - they just trust him less and don't listen to a word he ever says.

I do think it's tricky though and it's only an opinion - we haven't had a supporters' director that acts in that way so we can't know for sure I guess.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 648 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 20:28 - Jul 24 by tomdickharry

That's a good post actually,T2C failed to show the last time he had a grievance.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 20:36 - Jul 24 with 644 viewsperchrockjack

I couldn't bring myself to read all this but is the suggestion our club is not run enough and/or some directors are gorging on some of the revenue created. I hope they re all doing well as I can remember the time our directors were nomarks clueless and not a piot to piss in

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

£15 for our home friendly on 20:38 - Jul 24 with 639 viewsexiledclaseboy

£15 for our home friendly on 20:33 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

because I think that if the board as a whole believe that everytime they make a decision that is unpopular, the trust member starts complaining about it in public, the board will start to treat them as an outsider thus reducing their influence. It's just my view - as I say, in my mind it's the same as Vince Cable slagging off the Tories - they just trust him less and don't listen to a word he ever says.

I do think it's tricky though and it's only an opinion - we haven't had a supporters' director that acts in that way so we can't know for sure I guess.

I take the point but whatever the SD says in public the Trust's shareholding ensures that it has a voice in the boardroom regardless of whether the other board members trust him (no pun intended) or not. The Supporters' Director is there to represent the interests of the fans. Whether that makes him popular with his muckers in the boardroom or not is entirely irrelevant. Decisions can't be taken without his input because he's on the board by right.

I'm not sure the coalition comparison works. Having seen a little of how that works from the inside what you essentially have is two warring factions playing a constant game of political oneupmanship with each other. It's actually quite amusing to behold. But I'm not suggesting nor would I want the Trust to declare open warfare on the club.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:39 - Jul 24 with 638 viewsexiledclaseboy

£15 for our home friendly on 20:36 - Jul 24 by perchrockjack

I couldn't bring myself to read all this but is the suggestion our club is not run enough and/or some directors are gorging on some of the revenue created. I hope they re all doing well as I can remember the time our directors were nomarks clueless and not a piot to piss in

No, that's not the suggestion.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:41 - Jul 24 with 623 viewsSwanseajill

£15 for our home friendly on 20:29 - Jul 24 by _

So Nick,

When you were "screaming out and asking questions" did you know Huw then?

He's our man at the top, our man to go to. The man unfortunately that will get brought into debate because thats the job he's gone in for.

I'm not singling him out. But no one, ideally, should have a financial interest in the club if sometimes they need to stick their head above the parapet and say, hey, the masses aren't happy, wtf can we do about it....

And then... to come back and transparently inform the fans what's being done or going on...

We'll just for the record, when the Trust was in its fledgling stage, Huw was printing stuff for the club for now't.
I really think he's evolved from printing programmes, and gone on to do a sterling job on behalf of the fans.
If people attended the AGM, or Q&A, they will know this anyway.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:44 - Jul 24 with 606 viewsperchrockjack

Well reading some of this thread it clearly is

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

£15 for our home friendly on 20:44 - Jul 24 with 607 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 20:31 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

I've never added it up, but the trust has probably had over £1,000 of my money over the years.

#superfan

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

£15 for our home friendly on 20:44 - Jul 24 with 601 viewsskippyjack

In all seriousness though.. expansion next season.. reduce ticket prices and I won't complain.. but if nothing is done about expansion and ticket prices.. I'll complain.. the next generation of fans.. especially on summer holidays are missing out.. plus the ban on pub screening.. it's going to effect pubs throughout the city..

Fans are the winner
Potential fans and customers are a winner
The board is on a winner
The local pubs are on a winner
And we'll probably stay up this season.. so you're all on a winner

While I sit in the corner shaking my head.. at how you've all been employed.. give me a pint.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 21:08]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

£15 for our home friendly on 20:45 - Jul 24 with 596 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 20:28 - Jul 24 by Swanseajill

What else is a better way of spending your easy earned dosh on then.

Ssh. My bosses might be reading this. Can't have them knowing I spend my time dossing about on the patio instead of working

£15 for our home friendly on 20:45 - Jul 24 with 594 viewsJackfath

£15 for our home friendly on 20:44 - Jul 24 by skippyjack

In all seriousness though.. expansion next season.. reduce ticket prices and I won't complain.. but if nothing is done about expansion and ticket prices.. I'll complain.. the next generation of fans.. especially on summer holidays are missing out.. plus the ban on pub screening.. it's going to effect pubs throughout the city..

Fans are the winner
Potential fans and customers are a winner
The board is on a winner
The local pubs are on a winner
And we'll probably stay up this season.. so you're all on a winner

While I sit in the corner shaking my head.. at how you've all been employed.. give me a pint.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 21:08]

The club should give you a job.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

£15 for our home friendly on 20:45 - Jul 24 with 593 viewsjackonicko

£15 for our home friendly on 20:44 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

#superfan

#tosser

Knew the love-in would end, eventually.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:48 - Jul 24 with 578 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 20:38 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

I take the point but whatever the SD says in public the Trust's shareholding ensures that it has a voice in the boardroom regardless of whether the other board members trust him (no pun intended) or not. The Supporters' Director is there to represent the interests of the fans. Whether that makes him popular with his muckers in the boardroom or not is entirely irrelevant. Decisions can't be taken without his input because he's on the board by right.

I'm not sure the coalition comparison works. Having seen a little of how that works from the inside what you essentially have is two warring factions playing a constant game of political oneupmanship with each other. It's actually quite amusing to behold. But I'm not suggesting nor would I want the Trust to declare open warfare on the club.

Time and place innit. Some battles not worth being in public, but some are.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:50 - Jul 24 with 572 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 20:45 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

#tosser

Knew the love-in would end, eventually.

Only to be expected. We're both far too opinionated.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:53 - Jul 24 with 557 viewsexiledclaseboy

£15 for our home friendly on 20:48 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

Time and place innit. Some battles not worth being in public, but some are.

Indeed.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:56 - Jul 24 with 546 viewsCatullus

£15 for our home friendly on 19:14 - Jul 24 by _

""He has been involved in the programme for far longer than he has been supporter director and I believe far longer than he has been involved in the Trust. This is not a conflict of interest and each year he is asked to make his tender for the job and in fairness is probably screwed to the wall more than the other tenders and puts up with deadlines that I'm not sure many would accept to work with ""

Really??

I have a lot of time for you and Jim, known you both personally for years. You are both thoroughly good people who adore the Swans.

It's not that. Like Ux said, in the ideal world no Trust member would have any personal financial interest in the Club and therefore no one would ever think of conflicts of interest.

It's just when mistakes are repeated season on season; when nothing seems to have been learned from outrages on fans forums etc; when there is an ever-widening gap between fan and owner; when fans (not all) feel they are shouting but not getting heard.....

Then....

Then I wouldn't want someone who has a contract with the club for printing programmes going into bat for me; or anyone else for that matter that relies in some way or other, no matter how big or small, on being personally financially disadvantaged by ruffling some feathers.

It's unfortunately inevitable however, that anyone that does get to the heady heights of trust director will get close to the board themselves.

Its handy isn't it... get the news first, good for business, great tickets, directors privileges. All great until Joe Bloggs up the Hafod can't get to games because of the sheer greed involved.

And it is greed now.

The Bayern Munich President came out with comments relating to the good value versus bad value in Germany and England, which was the catalyst for me starting this thread. Gary Lineker also tweeted something along the lines of "pure football avarice" and with the TV deal clubs get, this is basically taking the pi55.

It would be good kudos all round; not just from a business perspective which in the long run will benefit greatly, that i'm sure, but also from the perspective of bringing fan and owner close together again. Which in fairness is why we have a Trust in the first place.

You know what, if your posts were all like that (ie you cut out the poisonous crap and insults) you'd find a lot more people would agree with you.
He'll you'd probably get some respect to. That is a good post. I agree about HC, and in an ideal world things would be different. We can't do much about the greed, short of stopping funding it. And the Swans aren't the worst. Linker is a hypocrite, a million at least from MOTD, how much from walkers and that players pension, he's a rich man.
The irony is, if we were a championship club, we'd possibly be paying more for the friendly because the club would be much poorer.
Ps, Shaky, when you are behaving like a child, best not to subtly accuse others or call someone a psycho liar!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

£15 for our home friendly on 20:57 - Jul 24 with 537 viewsskippyjack

£15 for our home friendly on 20:45 - Jul 24 by Jackfath

The club should give you a job.

I'm a vigilante.. all this petty haggling over dividends.. let's all come to some form of agreement.. do you all want reduced ticket prices? Do you want an expansion?.. our argument should be.. if you t*ts up top are insisting on taking dividends.. give us fans a promise you'll start expanding next season and reduce ticket prices?.. I won't give two sh*ts about dividends then.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

£15 for our home friendly on 20:58 - Jul 24 with 531 viewsPhil_S

I should probably also clarify that Huw does not print the programme, he designs it!
£15 for our home friendly on 21:00 - Jul 24 with 519 viewsNeath_Jack

£15 for our home friendly on 20:58 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

I should probably also clarify that Huw does not print the programme, he designs it!

Someone been on the blower to you, Phil

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024