Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 24042 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 20:49 - Jul 23 with 1069 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

For anyone who's been to a 'Fans Forum' event before, is there a limit to how much questions you can ask? This is a serious question so no tedious replies please.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

£15 for our home friendly on 20:53 - Jul 23 with 1058 viewsexiledclaseboy

£15 for our home friendly on 20:46 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

no.

There is some overlap but they are not the same people - there are directors who are not shareholders and vice versa. Some (eg Huw / Leigh Dineen) are both.

How many board members are not shareholders? Edit - ignore, seen Phil's reply.

So the directors vote on whether to give the shareholders a dividend. And from what I can tell at least five of our nine directors are shareholders.

So in practice, the directors have voted to pay the shareholding directors (and other shareholders) a dividend.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

£15 for our home friendly on 20:54 - Jul 23 with 1053 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 20:47 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

sorry Phil - I didn't see you answer.

By the way - I think it is also correct isn't it that some directors are certainly not in 'highly paid' positions with the club?

Yes you are absolutely correct
£15 for our home friendly on 20:59 - Jul 23 with 1038 viewsDr_Winston

£15 for our home friendly on 20:31 - Jul 23 by MattG

Agree with that but the fact that it's only 20% means that the Trust could risk isolating itself which could, in turn, undermine it's effectiveness.

For example, the situation could arise where the Trust becomes a lone voice on a very sensitive topic and to insist on shouting its position from the rooftops could be counter-productive in the longer term.

If the trust's lone voice has little impact on ticket prices it could be said that it's effectiveness is already undermined.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15 for our home friendly on 21:01 - Jul 23 with 1023 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 20:53 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

How many board members are not shareholders? Edit - ignore, seen Phil's reply.

So the directors vote on whether to give the shareholders a dividend. And from what I can tell at least five of our nine directors are shareholders.

So in practice, the directors have voted to pay the shareholding directors (and other shareholders) a dividend.

This post has been edited by an administrator

yes where there is an overlap there will effectively be the same people deciding it, voting for it and getting it.

But I have no idea other than last year's accounts which declared last year's dividend whether any dividend has or hasn't been proposed or declared this year so I obviously don't know whether it's right or not to say that they have voted or decided to do that this year other than the comment I saw on here.
£15 for our home friendly on 21:01 - Jul 23 with 1021 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 20:49 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

For anyone who's been to a 'Fans Forum' event before, is there a limit to how much questions you can ask? This is a serious question so no tedious replies please.

No although in the interests of fairness I wouldnt want to see one person monopolise any forum so we try and ensure everyone asks the questions they have

What were your dates again as I have provisional dates being checked with the club
£15 for our home friendly on 21:02 - Jul 23 with 1012 viewspencoedjack

£15 for our home friendly on 20:54 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

Yes you are absolutely correct

Is David Morgan still a (non paid) director Phil ?
£15 for our home friendly on 21:03 - Jul 23 with 1009 viewsMattG

£15 for our home friendly on 20:59 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

If the trust's lone voice has little impact on ticket prices it could be said that it's effectiveness is already undermined.

Fair point. Here's hoping that can be rectified.
Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 21:04 - Jul 23 with 1004 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 21:02 - Jul 23 by pencoedjack

Is David Morgan still a (non paid) director Phil ?

David and Will Morris (Trust) are associate directors (which in layman speak I guess means non exec)
£15 for our home friendly on 21:09 - Jul 23 with 986 viewspencoedjack

£15 for our home friendly on 21:04 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

David and Will Morris (Trust) are associate directors (which in layman speak I guess means non exec)

I guess a lot on here will not realise the great work the likes of David Morgan have done for Swansea City with little or no reward.

They wouldn't be whinging about paying 15 notes for a friendly against a top Spanish side if it wasn't for the likes of them.
£15 for our home friendly on 21:15 - Jul 23 with 966 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£15 for our home friendly on 21:01 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

No although in the interests of fairness I wouldnt want to see one person monopolise any forum so we try and ensure everyone asks the questions they have

What were your dates again as I have provisional dates being checked with the club

Between the 19th August and early September, likely before the 10th.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

£15 for our home friendly on 21:27 - Jul 23 with 939 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 21:01 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

yes where there is an overlap there will effectively be the same people deciding it, voting for it and getting it.

But I have no idea other than last year's accounts which declared last year's dividend whether any dividend has or hasn't been proposed or declared this year so I obviously don't know whether it's right or not to say that they have voted or decided to do that this year other than the comment I saw on here.

Wrong, Lisa.

In a closely held company like this shareholders will invariably approve the dividend via a vote at a shareholders' meeting, and indeed that was clearly the procedure at Swansea, as an informed reading will reveal:

Swans announce healthy £15.3m profit
http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/accounts-may-3013-1146109.aspx

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

£15 for our home friendly on 21:35 - Jul 23 with 915 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 21:27 - Jul 23 by Shaky

Wrong, Lisa.

In a closely held company like this shareholders will invariably approve the dividend via a vote at a shareholders' meeting, and indeed that was clearly the procedure at Swansea, as an informed reading will reveal:

Swans announce healthy £15.3m profit
http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/accounts-may-3013-1146109.aspx

what the hell are you on about?

What exactly did I say was wrong - I said effectively the same people declare it, decide it and get it - that's true - you just said the same thing. What on earth is the matter with you? Shareholders always have to bloody approve it you complete moron - in this case they're in some cases the same people which was the question being asked.

I then said that I didn't know whether there was a dividend or not this year - you have no idea whether that is right or not.

In your bloody frenzy to one day catch me out, you are talking bollocks yet again. Keep trying though you pathetic little troll.
£15 for our home friendly on 21:37 - Jul 23 with 902 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 21:35 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

what the hell are you on about?

What exactly did I say was wrong - I said effectively the same people declare it, decide it and get it - that's true - you just said the same thing. What on earth is the matter with you? Shareholders always have to bloody approve it you complete moron - in this case they're in some cases the same people which was the question being asked.

I then said that I didn't know whether there was a dividend or not this year - you have no idea whether that is right or not.

In your bloody frenzy to one day catch me out, you are talking bollocks yet again. Keep trying though you pathetic little troll.

"Shareholders always have to bloody approve it you complete moron"

Wrong as usual, Lisa.

But it is too late for me to be lecturing you about this tonight. Remember, however; Google is **your** friend.

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15 for our home friendly on 21:37 - Jul 23 with 901 viewsperchrockjack

It's a business.we don't have money men behind us.ee have a tiny stadium.last time I checked stains burs gave me not back for being a regular . If you want to go you ll go. Friendliest are meaningless to me. I'd see them if they played airbus uk though

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

£15 for our home friendly on 21:39 - Jul 23 with 896 viewsphact0rri

That feels pretty normal all around the board which is a shame. I am debating going to the ManU v LA Galaxy friendly tonight. but the tickets are £18 (32USD) for the worst possible seating you can have. Granted the Advertising alone for that match probably ate a lot of that up.

I think it would be nice as well for the Swans to give something back, and agree. And I don't know if people would just come out for a 5 £ match unless it was a side with some reputation. and even if they did so would the jacks and a filled Liberty isn't the worst thing.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

£15 for our home friendly on 21:39 - Jul 23 with 895 viewsdickythorpe

Thing is these pre season games may be the only opportunity some will get to see the boys this season.
£15 for our home friendly on 21:47 - Jul 23 with 877 viewsCatullus

£15 for our home friendly on 13:50 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wow.

We are the second most expensive team to watch in the Premier League. What an absolute joke.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 13:51]

WTF?? second most expensive, I know you can read and are not entirely stupid. So I have to assume you are trolling?
Only 6 clubs have a cheaper season than us and a few clubs have their cheapest ticket at a much, much bigger price than our most expensive.. Arsenals's cheapest is over £1000.
I know the arguments and I agree in theory. But if people want us to stay in the Premier league, they have to do a certain amount of "put up and shut up"
We can have vastly cheaper tickets and also a certain plummet back down to league one.

Out of interest, I would like to know how our budget compares this season, where will we come on the table, will we have the second lowest budget this term?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

£15 for our home friendly on 21:49 - Jul 23 with 867 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 21:37 - Jul 23 by Shaky

"Shareholders always have to bloody approve it you complete moron"

Wrong as usual, Lisa.

But it is too late for me to be lecturing you about this tonight. Remember, however; Google is **your** friend.

You literally have no idea whatsoever of what you are talking about do you? Or are you saying that an AGM doesn't vote to approve a final dividend? Have a quick google now before you comment again moron.

I don't know why you bother - you just always, always look like an arse. Google obviously isn't your friend.
£15 for our home friendly on 21:53 - Jul 23 with 858 viewsouttolunch

I wonder how much we paid villareal to come and play us. ? £50,000, £150,000, £200,000 coz they sure the hell haven't come here for fun.

I wonder how much we received to play against chivas in front of 30,000 fans coz i hope we didnt go over there for nothing.
£15 for our home friendly on 21:55 - Jul 23 with 847 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 21:49 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

You literally have no idea whatsoever of what you are talking about do you? Or are you saying that an AGM doesn't vote to approve a final dividend? Have a quick google now before you comment again moron.

I don't know why you bother - you just always, always look like an arse. Google obviously isn't your friend.

Always.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15 for our home friendly on 21:57 - Jul 23 with 842 viewspencoedjack

15 pager
£15 for our home friendly on 22:09 - Jul 23 with 819 viewsShaky

Aha, I see the blind little squirrelette has stumbled into a nut on Google.

Am I saying an "AGM doesn't vote to approve a final dividend?" Nope, I never suggested anything of the sort, but what did Google tell you about who approves an interim dividend?

And on that basis would you care to retract your earlier statement that
"Shareholders always have to bloody approve it you complete moron".

Alas based on your form my strong suspicion is you'll continue to bullshit and bluster instead.

Now it really is goodnight from me.

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15 for our home friendly on 22:10 - Jul 23 with 810 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 21:57 - Jul 23 by pencoedjack

15 pager

on this occasion it won't be because he'll have just googled 'does a dividend need to be approved at an AGM' and google will tell him 'yes it bloody well does you moron' so he won't comment again. He may (since he doesn't understand it all) come back with some bollocks about interim dividends, but won't understand the procedure for voting to adopt accounts at an AGM and the final dividends included within such accounts and the right of directors to vary the will of the members. He knows nothing about any of this.
£15 for our home friendly on 22:11 - Jul 23 with 802 viewslondonlisa2001

ha ha - just seen the reply from Shaky and it is as I suspected.....

clueless moron.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024