Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we now a "selling club"? 21:54 - Jul 24 with 1353 viewsdickythorpe

I'm not looking to wind people up here.

Just look at us and Southampton lately.

It seems good business to sell players on for a profit. However that has to be countered with getting quality players in.

I still applaud the club on making a profit on Danny Graham, plus of course Joe Allen and Scott Sinclair.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 21:54]
Are we now a "selling club"? on 21:55 - Jul 24 with 1343 viewsItchySphincter

Not a lot wrong with the OP.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Are we now a "selling club"? on 21:58 - Jul 24 with 1305 viewsOldjack

I've no doubt we don't want to sell our best assets but when the bright lights shine on them ,heads turn and money talks, it also happens to the big clubs but just not as frequent ,that's life

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are we now a "selling club"? on 21:58 - Jul 24 with 1302 viewsraynor94

Are we now a "selling club"? on 21:55 - Jul 24 by ItchySphincter

Not a lot wrong with the OP.

Is there a club in this country that isn't a selling club?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Are we now a "selling club"? on 21:59 - Jul 24 with 1299 viewsSwansNZ

we are a selling and buying club.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:01 - Jul 24 with 1274 viewsCatullus

Are we now a "selling club"? on 21:59 - Jul 24 by SwansNZ

we are a selling and buying club.

Only one player is not for sale in Europe, Messi (197 million buy out clause) every other player has their price, whatever the club.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:03 - Jul 24 with 1259 viewsNeath_Jack

There are very few clubs in the world who are not selling clubs in my opinion. But it goes down to what you deem a "selling club" as, after all, every club in the world sells players.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:04 - Jul 24 with 1252 viewsSwan91

I think we only sell if the players mentality is not good and if we already have a replacement. But I don't think we look at selling to make a profit, we only sell if the deal is best for the club.

Unlike Southampton who have seen their best players go without replacement leaving them look pretty bad atm, we actually look on par or even a bit better than we did last season.
Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:06 - Jul 24 with 1244 viewsPhil_S

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:01 - Jul 24 by Catullus

Only one player is not for sale in Europe, Messi (197 million buy out clause) every other player has their price, whatever the club.

Surely though the very fact ht he has a buy out clause means that he is for sale? An unlikely sale admittedly but a sale nonetheless
Login to get fewer ads

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:07 - Jul 24 with 1229 viewsblaine_scfc

No we are not. As you all know, I have been massively critical over a lot of decisions the board have made over the last 12 months, but they've played a blinder with his deal in my opinion.

Davies has the ability to have a massive career at the top level, and I really hope he fulfils it, but despite the rose tinted views of many of our supporters he was poor for the majority of last season. Taylor after a run of games will more than fill his boots. Vorm hasn't been the same since his injury, in return, if reports are right we have £5 million, plus Gylfi who has proven match winning ability in the premier league. Players like him aren't easy to find, especially with our finances.
Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:08 - Jul 24 with 1221 viewsNeath_Jack

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:04 - Jul 24 by Swan91

I think we only sell if the players mentality is not good and if we already have a replacement. But I don't think we look at selling to make a profit, we only sell if the deal is best for the club.

Unlike Southampton who have seen their best players go without replacement leaving them look pretty bad atm, we actually look on par or even a bit better than we did last season.

And if Liverpool/Man Utd had come in with £25m + bids for our players they would be off too. Not Southampton's fault.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:08 - Jul 24 with 1219 viewsSwansNZ

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:01 - Jul 24 by Catullus

So even Messi does in fact have a price then

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:09 - Jul 24 with 1204 viewsKennedy

Every club outside of the 'Big 5' will always have their best players poached. Look at Southampton this summer.

The best way to combat this

a) Academy setup so a conveyor belt of quality players are coming through.
b) Get as much money as we can for them.
c) Look at other markets for players and 'develop' them here (spain, holland, scotland etc)

The leaders in this so far is Southampton.

Just call me JFK

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:12 - Jul 24 with 1174 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We are a selling club but due to our financial health we only sell when we get good offers. We don't have to compulsively sell just to balance the books.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:30 - Jul 24 with 1094 viewsScoobyWho

I see us more as a football club that for the better good buys and sells to consolidate and gradually move forwards on the pitch sportingly and as a business thereafter. Meaning we implement a continental system of the board locating and sourcing players for the manager to train in a specific way.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:33 - Jul 24 with 1084 viewsDrizzy

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:09 - Jul 24 by Kennedy

Every club outside of the 'Big 5' will always have their best players poached. Look at Southampton this summer.

The best way to combat this

a) Academy setup so a conveyor belt of quality players are coming through.
b) Get as much money as we can for them.
c) Look at other markets for players and 'develop' them here (spain, holland, scotland etc)

The leaders in this so far is Southampton.

Excellent post.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Are we now a "selling club"? on 09:27 - Jul 25 with 835 viewsItchySphincter

Are we now a "selling club"? on 21:58 - Jul 24 by raynor94

Is there a club in this country that isn't a selling club?

I don't think so.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Are we now a "selling club"? on 09:39 - Jul 25 with 800 viewsperchrockjack

It's should be a sustainable business and we have no rich daddy to help.we re almost unique in pl maybe only burnley comparable

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Are we now a "selling club"? on 10:27 - Jul 25 with 730 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:12 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

We are a selling club but due to our financial health we only sell when we get good offers. We don't have to compulsively sell just to balance the books.

Exactly - we are never forced to sell and even our players know that unless the right offer comes in then it will not happen as we are not desperate for cash.

Think this has been proved by us reinvesting most of our funds previously or looking to swap players where it suits us and not the poaching club

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Are we now a "selling club"? on 10:37 - Jul 25 with 702 viewsMattG

Are we now a "selling club"? on 22:12 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

This is the key. I posted in a separate thread that the term "selling club" has negative connotations because of those clubs who have to sell to balance the books.

Our approach of selling players at a healthy profit which is then re-invested in the Club, either to improve the First Team or the facilities, should have no such negative slant.
Are we now a on 11:14 - Jul 25 with 630 viewsJokeren1943

Are we now a "selling club"? on 10:37 - Jul 25 by MattG

This is the key. I posted in a separate thread that the term "selling club" has negative connotations because of those clubs who have to sell to balance the books.

Our approach of selling players at a healthy profit which is then re-invested in the Club, either to improve the First Team or the facilities, should have no such negative slant.

Best reply today.

A football club is (also) a business. It live by buying and selling shite - can't understand why that is so controversial :-)

Some players are better then others. And since it is a market the clubs shop around different players to maximize their profit - we are just lucky that Swansea have a sound strategy - and others do not. Swansea can not be an succes unless other fails.

If people do not like it, become birdwatchers.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 11:20]
Are we now a "selling club"? on 11:43 - Jul 25 with 589 viewsRancid

Every club in world football is a selling club unless your Real Madrid.Look at Ronaldo, he went from United to Real so even they are vulnerable to other clubs taking their best players.
Are we now a "selling club"? on 12:30 - Jul 25 with 524 viewsDevz00

As has been said, every single club in the UK are a selling club. It seems like the only club in the world who aren't is Real Madrid.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024