Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? 18:37 - Jul 25 with 8821 viewsJackfath

Discuss.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:44 - Jul 25 with 2570 viewsC_jack

We're not, Fath.

We have an outstanding Paralympic record.

Very good Boxing pedigree, certainly at Amateur level.

Large pool of talented cyclists.

No doubt other representations in many sports around the world.

Admittedly, I've never seen a Welsh tennis player.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:47 - Jul 25 with 2558 viewstreboethjack

I'm not sure we are personally. If anything I think we do quite well given the size of our country and population.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:48 - Jul 25 with 2554 viewsJackfath

We're not winning anywhere near as many medals as Scotland, Nigeria, Singapore and India.

We haven't qualified for a major football tournament in decades.

We are unable to beat any Rugby team from the Southern Hemisphere.

We used to have a plethora of talented snooker players.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:50 - Jul 25 with 2544 viewsAquinas

Calzaghe, Woosnam, Bale, Giggs, Ramsey, 6 nations champions regularly, Tanni Grey-Thompson.

We aren't that bad for a country of around 3 mil. Greece is about 4 times the size of us and they're wan.k at everything, same with Belgium (until recently in football).
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:52 - Jul 25 with 2537 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:50 - Jul 25 by Aquinas

Calzaghe, Woosnam, Bale, Giggs, Ramsey, 6 nations champions regularly, Tanni Grey-Thompson.

We aren't that bad for a country of around 3 mil. Greece is about 4 times the size of us and they're wan.k at everything, same with Belgium (until recently in football).

You've pulled names from a long time ago. Who are the current stars?

As stated, why are we so shit at sport? Economic, talent, coaching, climate?

What did Giggs do for Welsh football?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 18:55]

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:52 - Jul 25 with 2534 viewstomdickharry

Wales should be a devolved nation in all sports,it is only then that Welsh competitors will be able to achieve the level of competition they deserve. What's okay for footballers,should be okay for Judo players and so on. When this aspect of Welsh Sport is brought up at Sports Wales level it is a taboo subject,been there seen it done it.
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:55 - Jul 25 with 2515 viewsC_jack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:48 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

We're not winning anywhere near as many medals as Scotland, Nigeria, Singapore and India.

Hardy any northern teams are able to beat the Southern ilk though. Cue massive celebrations when it happens.

We all know how poor our record as a football nation is.

We were good at Snooker when it was dominated by UK players, it's represented all over the world now, the Chinese will have it all in the next decade.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 18:56]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:55 - Jul 25 with 2514 viewsNeath_Jack

We're not jellied enough, need more togetherness. Speaking Welsh would do that see.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:55 - Jul 25 with 2512 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah Greece are terrible. They only won the European Championships within the last decade and got to the last 16 of the 2014 World Cup. Dear me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:19 - Jul 25 with 2454 viewsItchySphincter

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:48 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

It's because they made us play rugby in school.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:23 - Jul 25 with 2442 viewsDanielswan

If you had a pretty girl around every corner like we do in Denmark you would do your best to impress them, I have to do better so she likes me. I remember that being the best motivation when I played football, my knee was busted however at the age of 17 ... so had to find other ways to get laid.

We lost the final at the school championship when I was 16, never got so much pussy in my life inspite of loosing that final... and I was just 16, girls dig success .... and we dig pretty girls. Women and money ....

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:25 - Jul 25 with 2432 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:23 - Jul 25 by Danielswan

If you had a pretty girl around every corner like we do in Denmark you would do your best to impress them, I have to do better so she likes me. I remember that being the best motivation when I played football, my knee was busted however at the age of 17 ... so had to find other ways to get laid.

We lost the final at the school championship when I was 16, never got so much pussy in my life inspite of loosing that final... and I was just 16, girls dig success .... and we dig pretty girls. Women and money ....

Are you saying Welsh ladies are minging and that is why we are rubbish at sport?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:25 - Jul 25 with 2432 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:23 - Jul 25 by Danielswan

I can vouch for the pretty girls over there. Did i ever tell you all about our trip to Copenhagen?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:26 - Jul 25 with 2424 viewsDanielswan

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:25 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

Are you saying Welsh ladies are minging and that is why we are rubbish at sport?

Pretty much yes .....

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:27 - Jul 25 with 2415 viewsHighjack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:25 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

No I think he's saying Welsh women are easy so we don't need to impress them that much.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:27 - Jul 25 with 2414 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:26 - Jul 25 by Danielswan

Pretty much yes .....

Well this Danish lady isn't up to much either.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:27 - Jul 25 with 2415 viewsJackhero

So you saying welsh women are ugly?

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:30 - Jul 25 with 2396 viewsDanielswan

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:27 - Jul 25 by Highjack

No I think he's saying Welsh women are easy so we don't need to impress them that much.

I trained two or three hours extra on every football practise just to impress a girl who looked a bit like Kate Beckinsale, ooooh man ... she was .... so hot. I eventually got to do her best friend .. she was okay.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:30 - Jul 25 with 2395 viewsraynor94

Is that the same Greece who were European champions and just participated in the wc or Belgium who have played in a wc semi final?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:31 - Jul 25 with 2387 viewsDanielswan

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:27 - Jul 25 by Jackhero

So you saying welsh women are ugly?

Yes .. in general, I am sure you can find one or two outthere with a scandinavian gene.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:31 - Jul 25 with 2386 viewsLiam

I blame that Gareth bale, Jonathan Edwards and ieuen evans
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:33 - Jul 25 with 2378 viewsDanielswan

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:27 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

Well this Danish lady isn't up to much either.

Ooooh boy .... well, we do have exceptions ... would be boring if we didnt.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:34 - Jul 25 with 2372 viewsJackfath

Calum jarvis Bronze

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:35 - Jul 25 with 2366 viewsraynor94

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:31 - Jul 25 by Liam

I blame that Gareth bale, Jonathan Edwards and ieuen evans

Who's Jonathan Edwards?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:35 - Jul 25 with 2356 viewsexiledclaseboy

Much of why we're sh*t at all sports bar rugby is because of the almost complete blanket coverage rugby gets in the media here at the expense of pretty much all other sports.

Just my view. Doesn't mean no one should like rugby. Each to their own. Watch and enjoy what you like. Just don't shout at me.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024