Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) 17:06 - Jul 29 with 2840 viewsDanielswan

Just asking!
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 17:06]

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 16:00 - Jul 30 with 653 viewsJokeren1943

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:22 - Jul 30 by Drizzle

I'm loving this idea that atheists are saintly beings that got here all on their own. Theres no telling what the world would be like had religion not prevailed for as long as it did.

Atleast as far as I can see, they would do much better in the Israel/Palestine conflict without religion.

The world may have had been much more peaceful without religion, in human history.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 16:01]
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 16:59 - Jul 30 with 629 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 16:00 - Jul 30 by Jokeren1943

Atleast as far as I can see, they would do much better in the Israel/Palestine conflict without religion.

The world may have had been much more peaceful without religion, in human history.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 16:01]

And people wouldn't find something else to fight about?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:01 - Jul 30 with 611 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 16:59 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

And people wouldn't find something else to fight about?

Without religion it means there's a lot less to worry about.

Improvement don't you think!?!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:04 - Jul 30 with 622 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:01 - Jul 30 by JackoBoostardo

Without religion it means there's a lot less to worry about.

Improvement don't you think!?!

That statement is as contentious as the "is there a God or not ?" question in my eyes. People hate each other for far less. Should we abolish football too??

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:09 - Jul 30 with 601 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:04 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

That statement is as contentious as the "is there a God or not ?" question in my eyes. People hate each other for far less. Should we abolish football too??

Why not? Why not abolish everything?!?

(p.s.... You're being an idiot!).

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:56 - Jul 30 with 590 viewsJokeren1943

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:04 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

His argument was (between the linies) that world history without religion, would have been more violent.

I turn the question around - what prof do he has for such argument.

But yes, human as animals are violent by nature - with or without religion.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 17:57]
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:57 - Jul 30 with 586 viewsHighjack

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:56 - Jul 30 by Jokeren1943

His argument was (between the linies) that world history without religion, would have been more violent.

As are most species to be fair.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:59 - Jul 30 with 583 viewsJokeren1943

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:57 - Jul 30 by Highjack

As are most species to be fair.

a constant fight for women, territory, food and football.
Login to get fewer ads

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:10 - Jul 30 with 570 viewsshingle

I`m an Atheist, my oldman who is a Doctor is an Atheist, also he tell`s me most of his college`s fellow doctors and surgeons at the hospital he works at are Atheist as well, there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that without Religion and Dictators the world would be a far safer and better place.
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:14 - Jul 30 with 559 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:10 - Jul 30 by shingle

I`m an Atheist, my oldman who is a Doctor is an Atheist, also he tell`s me most of his college`s fellow doctors and surgeons at the hospital he works at are Atheist as well, there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that without Religion and Dictators the world would be a far safer and better place.

Iraq? Libya? Hmmmnnnnn

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:16 - Jul 30 with 558 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:14 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Iraq? Libya? Hmmmnnnnn

Syria as well . When you get rid of the dictators these places go feckin wild mun

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:18 - Jul 30 with 556 viewsHighjack

North Korea is fairly secular too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:28 - Jul 30 with 551 viewsphact0rri

I believe it's less about being atheist/gnostic/christian/wtf but instead about being open minded, that can help with being safe. By being blinded by faith, and angered by differing views without at least listening someone's point of view... well thats the cause of a lot of violence. Or in the words of Mike Ness of Social Distortion... "ignorance is like a gun in hand, reaching out to the promise land."

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:36 - Jul 30 with 544 viewskeeponrockin

I have no problem with people not having faith, but these days it just seems so 'cool' to be like fck you religion and all that.

I personally consider myself a Christian but I'm not certain, I don't know how you can be either way.

Nihilism just seems the way forward these days - it makes you nostalgic for a time when there was Nationhood and a sense of common purpose.
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 19:33 - Jul 30 with 510 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:56 - Jul 30 by Jokeren1943

Err what!??

All you have to do is look at historical battles, and what is happening today in the name of religion!

So there's my proof - open your eyes!

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 20:01 - Jul 30 with 511 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 19:33 - Jul 30 by JackoBoostardo

Err what!??

All you have to do is look at historical battles, and what is happening today in the name of religion!

So there's my proof - open your eyes!

A lot to be fair is being done in the name of money and oil. Religion is just a smokescreen, N I was an example of drug turf wars with Orangemen and Republicans taking the focus away.

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 20:25 - Jul 30 with 507 viewsshingle

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:14 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Iraq? Libya? Hmmmnnnnn

Because other wanna be dictators are trying to get in on the act, these countries people`s are so suppressed they can not do nothing about it.
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 20:45 - Jul 30 with 491 viewsCottsy

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:36 - Jul 30 by keeponrockin

I have no problem with people not having faith, but these days it just seems so 'cool' to be like fck you religion and all that.

I personally consider myself a Christian but I'm not certain, I don't know how you can be either way.

Nihilism just seems the way forward these days - it makes you nostalgic for a time when there was Nationhood and a sense of common purpose.

Iesu Mawr!

On what planet does atheism = nihilism? That's as ridiculous as saying atheism = anarchism.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:06 - Jul 30 with 482 viewsDrizzle

http://francoistremblay.wordpress.com/2010/12/19/atheism-and-anarchism-ideologic

https://www.facebook.com/Atheism.Anarchism.Activism

http://anarchyinyourhead.com/2008/08/25/anarchism-the-new-atheism/
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 21:27]
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:45 - Jul 30 with 457 viewsDavillin

"But yes, human as animals are violent by nature - with or without religion."

At best that is an unsubstantiated opinion [and glib, really]. Just as valid [invalid] in every way to "Human beings are pacific by nature."

Violence is what we do, not what we are. Sadly.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:58 - Jul 30 with 440 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:06 - Jul 30 by Drizzle

http://francoistremblay.wordpress.com/2010/12/19/atheism-and-anarchism-ideologic

So as an atheist, I am to go ram raiding tesco's and the age concern store in town?

You don't half post some shit here Drizzle! Your so called sources are as weird as you are!

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 22:24 - Jul 30 with 433 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 20:01 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

A lot to be fair is being done in the name of money and oil. Religion is just a smokescreen, N I was an example of drug turf wars with Orangemen and Republicans taking the focus away.

Northern Ireland is currently split between Catholic and Protestants!

Iraq is being ravaged by Muslim extremists who are killing those who are non-Muslim.

We are currently at war with global Muslim extremism.

The whole muslim world appears to hate the Jews.

and so on, and so on!....
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 22:27]

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 22:55 - Jul 30 with 422 viewsJokeren1943

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:45 - Jul 30 by Davillin

"But yes, human as animals are violent by nature - with or without religion."

At best that is an unsubstantiated opinion [and glib, really]. Just as valid [invalid] in every way to "Human beings are pacific by nature."

Violence is what we do, not what we are. Sadly.

To me violence in Darwins evalution is as tool to strenghten your position against those who are weaker.

Since testosterone is embedded in the male body (primarily), violence is a natural part of human beings.

To me violence is only constrained by civilization. The lack of civilization (like hurricane Katrina) will bring anarchy within few days.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 22:59]
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 23:17 - Jul 30 with 412 viewsCottsy

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:06 - Jul 30 by Drizzle

Oh well done you just proved your point.

Apart from that in the first link the author concludes that atheism is always related to anarchy but not vice versa, the second link is a facebook page and the third link is a blog post by an anarchist cartoonist where he says,

"Obviously, one can be an anarchist without being an atheist and vice versa. That doesn’t change the fact that it’s often a useful analogy. For many religious anarchists, their religious views are at the core of their lack of faith in government, seeing God as the only true source of authority. However, that doesn’t describe me and I cannot speak from that viewpoint with any conviction or intellectual honesty. I’ll leave it to them to explain anarchy to those theists that are too distracted by my atheism."

Try a little harder next time.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 23:24 - Jul 30 with 410 viewsDanielswan

I think atheists like every other group are often put into boxes and labeled, however atheists unlike chritians f.ex. only have one thing in common, we dont believe in god. We dont share any common philosophy nor are we naturally benevolent, having grown up in Denmark I am ofcourse inspired by a certain culture, our social politics, free sexual thinking and the whole danish mindset.

An american atheist would have been brought up with different values and thus represent a different mindset, but american or danish we are still largely individuals with each our own perception of our peripheral environment. I wont and cant project my feelings or thoughts towards other atheists, it would be wrong and inconsiderate.

Actually I get along well with most people I know regardless of their religious beliefs, one of my best friends is a muslim, my neighbour whom I often visit is a devout catholic. I do understand my limits however in regard to both behaviour and the choice of topics when in their company, it doesnt mean I dont question certain things but I do so with carefull thinking.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024