Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu left to help his career 10:38 - Aug 5 with 4876 viewsDarran

F*ck him.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Michu-Leaving-Swansea-City-Napoli-help-c

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Michu left to help his career on 10:50 - Aug 5 with 3457 viewsperchrockjack

I just cant

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Michu left to help his career on 10:50 - Aug 5 with 3455 viewsJokeren1943

Fucck I miss Michu as player for Swansea.
Michu left to help his career on 10:58 - Aug 5 with 3396 viewsJackhero

Well he is progressing his career. Champions league football.
Some people are so touchy. Even my 7 yr old has got over him leaving. The King is dead long live the King!
Don't kick the hoardings too hard Michu, we still need a decent transfer fee for you.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Michu left to help his career on 11:04 - Aug 5 with 3358 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

But didn't Monk say he spoke to him & he wanted to play ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Michu left to help his career on 11:10 - Aug 5 with 3327 viewsBLAZE

Michu left to help his career on 10:50 - Aug 5 by Jokeren1943

Fucck I miss Michu as player for Swansea.

We got by without him for the best part of 18 months, we'll be a'ight
Michu left to help his career on 11:17 - Aug 5 with 3272 viewsJokeren1943

Michu left to help his career on 11:10 - Aug 5 by BLAZE

I agree, as club Swansea will surely manage - but as player (and personality), in my eyes, he was outstanding.

[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 12:06]
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:53 - Aug 5 with 3156 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Michu left to help his career on 11:17 - Aug 5 by Jokeren1943

I agree, as club Swansea will surely manage - but as player (and personality), in my eyes, he was outstanding.

[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 12:06]

Great finisher but a deeply flawed personality. Shame.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 19:09]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Michu left to help his career on 12:07 - Aug 5 with 3097 viewsTom1912

Michu left to help his career on 11:10 - Aug 5 by BLAZE

We've already moved on. And it is a good move for his career, Champs League and all that, but what annoys me is how poor a deal we agreed for him.

In terms of outgoings, we've had a very poor window in my opinion. Fortunately the incomings have been the exact opposite and very good.
Login to get fewer ads

Michu left to help his career on 12:23 - Aug 5 with 3038 viewsraynor94

Great player, great memories, but what a petulant prick

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michu left to help his career on 12:27 - Aug 5 with 3010 viewsItchySphincter

Good for him. I doubt Napoli will help his career as much as Swansea did by plucking him out of obscurity and turning him in to a superstar, because that's what happened.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Michu left to help his career on 12:32 - Aug 5 with 2982 viewsQuakerJack

Michu left to help his career on 12:07 - Aug 5 by Tom1912

We've already moved on. And it is a good move for his career, Champs League and all that, but what annoys me is how poor a deal we agreed for him.

In terms of outgoings, we've had a very poor window in my opinion. Fortunately the incomings have been the exact opposite and very good.

It is a good move for him, he'll be playing in the champs league, he's 28 now so he's probably at the peak this season and next, then he hits 30 and it's a downward slope from there so he's got his chance in the big time, fair enough, we've managed without him for so long, I'd be peeved if he knocked in another 20 last season but he was anonymous and we've got Gylfi in who's just as effective and much younger...

as for his transfer.... it could work in our favour, if he has a stormer then we should sell next season for much more than we'd have gotten off the back of a non-existent campaign.... we were all talking 30 mil after his first year, suddenly we were talking 6mil after last season.... if he goes there, knocks in 10 or 15 league goals and gets a few in cups and the CL, then we sell for 10 to 12mil.... for a 29 year old, double what we'd have gotten this summer and up to six times what we paid. Not to mention he's a high earner who's off the wage bill for a year.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Michu left to help his career (n/t) on 12:38 - Aug 5 with 2951 viewsJedjack

Michu left to help his career on 12:23 - Aug 5 by raynor94

Great player, great memories, but what a petulant prick

I agree,I will never forget that day at the Emirates.

Trouble is he got a few screws loose
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 12:41]
Michu left to help his career on 12:38 - Aug 5 with 2949 viewsraynor94

Michu left to help his career on 12:32 - Aug 5 by QuakerJack

It is a good move for him, he'll be playing in the champs league, he's 28 now so he's probably at the peak this season and next, then he hits 30 and it's a downward slope from there so he's got his chance in the big time, fair enough, we've managed without him for so long, I'd be peeved if he knocked in another 20 last season but he was anonymous and we've got Gylfi in who's just as effective and much younger...

as for his transfer.... it could work in our favour, if he has a stormer then we should sell next season for much more than we'd have gotten off the back of a non-existent campaign.... we were all talking 30 mil after his first year, suddenly we were talking 6mil after last season.... if he goes there, knocks in 10 or 15 league goals and gets a few in cups and the CL, then we sell for 10 to 12mil.... for a 29 year old, double what we'd have gotten this summer and up to six times what we paid. Not to mention he's a high earner who's off the wage bill for a year.

I would imagine napoli have already agreed a fee, so no matter what he does season, I would think it's six million

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michu left to help his career on 12:38 - Aug 5 with 2947 viewsPrivate_Partz

Looks like a SWEP exclusive with quotes as well.
But yesterday's Neapolitan papers are full of Michu stories. Maybe there is an Italian interpreter in High Street ;-)
Michu is still our player. I hope the Board tell Rafa he has to pay big bucks if the injury miraculously clears up and Michu starts banging them in in Serie A.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michu left to help his career on 12:39 - Aug 5 with 2940 viewsTom1912

Michu left to help his career on 12:32 - Aug 5 by QuakerJack

There is an option to buy in place, so either he performs well and they get him at a very good price without having to negotiate or he doesn't perform well/gets injured and we are left with a player who doesn't want to be here.
Michu left to help his career on 12:44 - Aug 5 with 2915 viewsPrivate_Partz

The worry for me is we have already agreed a price with Napoli in our anxiety to get shot.
Tom: the other scenario is the injury is real and we end up with a crocked player who does not want to play for us. If that is the case we could have not done any more than we have done.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michu left to help his career on 12:45 - Aug 5 with 2898 viewsQuakerJack

Michu left to help his career on 12:39 - Aug 5 by Tom1912

There is an option to buy in place, so either he performs well and they get him at a very good price without having to negotiate or he doesn't perform well/gets injured and we are left with a player who doesn't want to be here.

That agreed fee could have anything written into it, like a staggered costing depending on appearances, goals, etc.... I very much doubt our board would have loaned him out, with a guaranteed price of 6mil, when he's under contract for another two years, knowing he could knock in 20 goals (it's an inferior league) and be worth double that.

If they did then fair enough, someone needs shooting, but I doubt it.

if he goes lame again and they don't want him then nothing ventured, we've saved on his wages... he comes back and either sees out his contract or we get a few mil for him....

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Michu left to help his career on 13:02 - Aug 5 with 2833 viewsTom1912

Michu left to help his career on 12:44 - Aug 5 by Private_Partz

The worry for me is we have already agreed a price with Napoli in our anxiety to get shot.
Tom: the other scenario is the injury is real and we end up with a crocked player who does not want to play for us. If that is the case we could have not done any more than we have done.

Well, we could have sold him this summer.
Michu left to help his career on 13:08 - Aug 5 with 2808 viewsMattG

Michu left to help his career on 13:02 - Aug 5 by Tom1912

Well, we could have sold him this summer.

Remind me of all the clubs queueing up to buy him.....
Michu left to help his career on 13:13 - Aug 5 with 2767 viewsTom1912

Michu left to help his career on 13:08 - Aug 5 by MattG

Napoli and Athletico Madrid. We should have held out for a transfer at £6m in my opinion, which both of those could have afforded.
Michu left to help his career on 13:17 - Aug 5 with 2747 viewsMattG

Michu left to help his career on 13:13 - Aug 5 by Tom1912

Napoli and Athletico Madrid. We should have held out for a transfer at £6m in my opinion, which both of those could have afforded.

Did either of them offer anything approaching £6m? I doubt it. If Napoli had made a decent bid, there's no way we said no and insisted he went on loan instead.
Michu left to help his career on 13:17 - Aug 5 with 2745 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu left to help his career on 13:13 - Aug 5 by Tom1912

there is a big difference between newspaper speculation and truth. It works both ways - ins and outs.

If Atletico Madrid had wanted Michu they would have got him - it's utter nonsense therefore to suggest that they did.

On the wider point, Michu will find that he furthers his career by playing football and being professional, not acting like the big I am ever since he was called up to the Spain squad. He may well have had a wonderful first season with us, but it is difficult to remember a player ever acting more unprofessionally.
Michu left to help his career on 13:18 - Aug 5 with 2737 viewsmonmouth

Michu left to help his career on 13:08 - Aug 5 by MattG

Sounds more like remind him of all the clubs queuing up to buy him and 'progress his career'! I wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle to nail a place and disappear up his own arse to be honest, but for our sake I hope it works out to our advantage.

Great player for a season for us, thank god we had him at that time (same as with Bony and Siggy mk1 ......funny that there is always someone that steps up to the plate when last seasons 'indispensable hero' ferks off ain't it?).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michu left to help his career on 13:24 - Aug 5 with 2695 viewsTom1912

Michu left to help his career on 13:17 - Aug 5 by MattG

Did either of them offer anything approaching £6m? I doubt it. If Napoli had made a decent bid, there's no way we said no and insisted he went on loan instead.

That's my issue-we haven't been tough enough on deals offered for outgoing players.

Completely different to past player sales like Allen, Sinclair and Graham where our price was met.

I know there are a lot of factors involved in a negotiation process but this window it seems to me we've been accepting terms offered to us, and not stood firm. In my opinion, we've been too quick to try and get players off the books and haven't obtained the value for them in the way we have done in the past.

As I've already said though, this is balanced out by the extremely good value we've obtained in players coming in, and overall it's hard to be too disappointed with how the squad is shaping up.
Michu left to help his career on 13:24 - Aug 5 with 2690 viewsdickythorpe

Good luck to him - he will need it!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024