Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That ice bucket thingy 15:50 - Aug 20 with 12590 viewsDarran

It's really f*cking tedious now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

That ice bucket thingy on 19:08 - Aug 24 with 996 viewsepaul

Well said!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

That ice bucket thingy on 19:15 - Aug 24 with 977 viewsskippyjack

That ice bucket thingy on 18:55 - Aug 24 by Jackbustard

You really are an absolute prick aint you. Its raised over 60 million in the last few weeks and is a great way to get people to donate money they probably wouldnt have

What percentage of that 60 million gets donated?.. you don't know do you? Think.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

That ice bucket thingy on 19:24 - Aug 24 with 960 viewsJackbustard

What ever percentage is donated its still more than what would have been raised if this "tedious" gimic hadnt been started.

How anyone can have an issue with it is beyond me
That ice bucket thingy on 19:25 - Aug 24 with 933 viewsJackfath

Look at me! Look at me!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

That ice bucket thingy on 19:33 - Aug 24 with 947 viewsskippyjack

That ice bucket thingy on 19:24 - Aug 24 by Jackbustard

What ever percentage is donated its still more than what would have been raised if this "tedious" gimic hadnt been started.

How anyone can have an issue with it is beyond me

The tedious gimmick has had 100s of multi million billionaires spreading the word.. worth billions.. they've managed to make 60 million!.. how much did they all donate? 20,000 each?.. that's like a 10er to them.. 60 million is shocking with all the millionaires on display... they could potentially give ALS funding for years.. 60 million is deducted somewhere between 45-50 million.. it's a sham.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 19:34]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

That ice bucket thingy on 19:37 - Aug 24 with 938 viewsJackbustard

That ice bucket thingy on 19:33 - Aug 24 by skippyjack

The tedious gimmick has had 100s of multi million billionaires spreading the word.. worth billions.. they've managed to make 60 million!.. how much did they all donate? 20,000 each?.. that's like a 10er to them.. 60 million is shocking with all the millionaires on display... they could potentially give ALS funding for years.. 60 million is deducted somewhere between 45-50 million.. it's a sham.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 19:34]

Again its 45 - 50 million more than would have been raised had it not been started. How can that be a bad thing.
That ice bucket thingy on 19:46 - Aug 24 with 927 viewsskippyjack

That ice bucket thingy on 19:37 - Aug 24 by Jackbustard

Again its 45 - 50 million more than would have been raised had it not been started. How can that be a bad thing.

Good Lord give me a job!.. are people this dense?.. OMG BECKHAM said to donate.. are you going to donate.. OMG it's such a good cause.. OMG.. he isn't donating! It's alright DAVID I'll donate for you.. even though you're a multi multi millionaire earning 1 million a week easily.. I'll put my hard earned 10er (£7).. into the ring! People are blind and easily led.. this world is f*cking stupid.

That ice bucket thingy on 19:57 - Aug 24 with 916 viewsJackbustard

That ice bucket thingy on 19:46 - Aug 24 by skippyjack

Good Lord give me a job!.. are people this dense?.. OMG BECKHAM said to donate.. are you going to donate.. OMG it's such a good cause.. OMG.. he isn't donating! It's alright DAVID I'll donate for you.. even though you're a multi multi millionaire earning 1 million a week easily.. I'll put my hard earned 10er (£7).. into the ring! People are blind and easily led.. this world is f*cking stupid.

You must be a barrell of laughs to know, absolute idiot. I dont give a f11ck what celebrity has donated or how much either. The money raised will go towards good causes and research into a disease that kills millions and idiots like you have a problem with that.
Login to get fewer ads

That ice bucket thingy on 20:01 - Aug 24 with 889 viewsJackfath

That ice bucket thingy on 19:57 - Aug 24 by Jackbustard

You must be a barrell of laughs to know, absolute idiot. I dont give a f11ck what celebrity has donated or how much either. The money raised will go towards good causes and research into a disease that kills millions and idiots like you have a problem with that.

Have you done the challenge?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

That ice bucket thingy on 20:05 - Aug 24 with 898 viewsskippyjack

That ice bucket thingy on 19:57 - Aug 24 by Jackbustard

All I'm thinking is.. 100s of multimillionaires ask poorer people to donate for charity... it's a good cause.. but if everyone of these celebrities who earn like a million a week.. spare that million they earn on this wonderful cause.. research wouldn't be a cause then.. I'm an idiot though.. for pointing it out.. you carry on thinking these celebrities are God's.. they're c*nts.

That ice bucket thingy on 20:08 - Aug 24 with 891 viewsRancid

People will only give what they can afford and the celebs doing it are raising it's awareness and in the meantime making themselves look cool.There's no harm in that.I thought I was cynical but after reading this board the weekend I'm conference league material.
That ice bucket thingy on 20:11 - Aug 24 with 885 viewsDarran

Aye the moaning c*nt should do it with a bucket of acid.

That ice bucket thingy on 20:13 - Aug 24 with 881 viewsJackbustard

That ice bucket thingy on 20:05 - Aug 24 by skippyjack

All I'm thinking is.. 100s of multimillionaires ask poorer people to donate for charity... it's a good cause.. but if everyone of these celebrities who earn like a million a week.. spare that million they earn on this wonderful cause.. research wouldn't be a cause then.. I'm an idiot though.. for pointing it out.. you carry on thinking these celebrities are God's.. they're c*nts.

Like I said f@ck the celebrities. The vast majority of the money raised has come from normal working class folk who wouldnt have given money without this gimic, so again what is your issue with 50 million plus going towards good causes and research to finding a cure to killer diseases.
That ice bucket thingy on 20:13 - Aug 24 with 881 viewsskippyjack

That ice bucket thingy on 20:08 - Aug 24 by Rancid

People will only give what they can afford and the celebs doing it are raising it's awareness and in the meantime making themselves look cool.There's no harm in that.I thought I was cynical but after reading this board the weekend I'm conference league material.

It's not being cynical.. if all these tw*ts were donating instead of spreading.. research wouldn't be a cause.. but you have the intelligence of a sheep.

That ice bucket thingy on 20:16 - Aug 24 with 871 viewsRancid

That ice bucket thingy on 20:13 - Aug 24 by skippyjack

It's not being cynical.. if all these tw*ts were donating instead of spreading.. research wouldn't be a cause.. but you have the intelligence of a sheep.

Aye, that's it.Ultimately, shitloads of money is being raised for these charities and that can only be a good thing.And what me and you think? Who gives a shit.
That ice bucket thingy on 20:18 - Aug 24 with 867 viewsJackbustard

I didnt think this site could get much worse but there are people slating others on here for taking part in something and donnating to charity.

Darran with yours and your families issues youd think youd be all for money be raised for charitable causes but your comments and those of others just show what absolute c@nts people can be.
That ice bucket thingy on 20:18 - Aug 24 with 851 viewsJackfath

That ice bucket thingy on 20:18 - Aug 24 by Jackbustard

I didnt think this site could get much worse but there are people slating others on here for taking part in something and donnating to charity.

Darran with yours and your families issues youd think youd be all for money be raised for charitable causes but your comments and those of others just show what absolute c@nts people can be.

That ice bucket thingy on 20:18 - Aug 24 with 863 viewsJackoBoostardo

That ice bucket thingy on 20:05 - Aug 24 by skippyjack

It's unfortunately the way of the world - celebrities are used to sell overpriced products to us daily, and people buy these. People watch celebrity big brother to have a game of "spot to celebrity", and people are drive by celebrity endorsements.

Regardless though of how much these overpaid numpties have contributed, it's their involvement that makes the news and brings this to the attention of others who may not have known about it otherwise, or in some (false?) way maybe given this fad the appearance of some further credibility? Whatever, the money raised through this online 'fad' has raised millions for what was otherwise a vastly overlooked charity for a greatly overlooked illness.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

That ice bucket thingy on 20:21 - Aug 24 with 858 viewsexiledclaseboy

That ice bucket thingy on 20:18 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

I've been "nominated" twice. It ain't going to happen.

Poll: Tory leader

That ice bucket thingy on 20:25 - Aug 24 with 847 viewsskippyjack

That ice bucket thingy on 20:13 - Aug 24 by Jackbustard

Like I said f@ck the celebrities. The vast majority of the money raised has come from normal working class folk who wouldnt have given money without this gimic, so again what is your issue with 50 million plus going towards good causes and research to finding a cure to killer diseases.

Look mate we've been giving billions to charity for at least 30 years... has it cured cancer? No.. has it cured aids? No.. has it stopped poverty? Has Alzheimer's been cured? No.. has our money done anything? The NHS is falling to bits.. and people with cancer, Alzheimer's and aids and other illnesses.. diseases are not being treated or receiving any support.. these are the working class people.. notice anything?

That ice bucket thingy on 20:26 - Aug 24 with 847 viewsDarran

That ice bucket thingy on 20:21 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

I've been "nominated" twice. It ain't going to happen.

Can't get a big enough bucket can you?

That ice bucket thingy on 20:36 - Aug 24 with 831 viewsJackoBoostardo

That ice bucket thingy on 20:25 - Aug 24 by skippyjack

Look mate we've been giving billions to charity for at least 30 years... has it cured cancer? No.. has it cured aids? No.. has it stopped poverty? Has Alzheimer's been cured? No.. has our money done anything? The NHS is falling to bits.. and people with cancer, Alzheimer's and aids and other illnesses.. diseases are not being treated or receiving any support.. these are the working class people.. notice anything?

Actually there are MANY different types of cancer, and through funding a lot have become more and more treatable and curable. The survival rate of cancers is improving exponentially on skin cancers, colon cancer and many others. The difference between terminal and survivable in these cases is dependent on how early they are detected - and funding has helped educate people too.

Research into Alzheimers is also making progress which is much slower due to the complexities involved. Trials have discovered medicine that can delay or slow the progress of this condition.

The NHS is being heavily affected by a number of things - mainly the way hospitals are run like business' (despite denials to the contrary - many doctors will tell you they are!). Funding to hospitals needs to be better regulated. But however unpopular the view is, immigration and Medical Tourism IS having a major negative impact too!

Apart from that - your comments on the celebrities not "giving" is deeply generalised as many do give money and do a lot for charity. But there are many that do not give enough! Could they do more? Absolutely! The term celebrity is overused nowadays anyway.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

That ice bucket thingy on 20:57 - Aug 24 with 815 viewsskippyjack

That ice bucket thingy on 20:36 - Aug 24 by JackoBoostardo

Actually there are MANY different types of cancer, and through funding a lot have become more and more treatable and curable. The survival rate of cancers is improving exponentially on skin cancers, colon cancer and many others. The difference between terminal and survivable in these cases is dependent on how early they are detected - and funding has helped educate people too.

Research into Alzheimers is also making progress which is much slower due to the complexities involved. Trials have discovered medicine that can delay or slow the progress of this condition.

The NHS is being heavily affected by a number of things - mainly the way hospitals are run like business' (despite denials to the contrary - many doctors will tell you they are!). Funding to hospitals needs to be better regulated. But however unpopular the view is, immigration and Medical Tourism IS having a major negative impact too!

Apart from that - your comments on the celebrities not "giving" is deeply generalised as many do give money and do a lot for charity. But there are many that do not give enough! Could they do more? Absolutely! The term celebrity is overused nowadays anyway.

All I'm saying is.. these multi millionaires could practically eradicate the need for research funding.. and it makes me pissed off.. it makes me even more pissed when they start asking every poor c*nt to donate.. on top of that.. 25% of donations will not be given for research.

That ice bucket thingy on 21:42 - Aug 24 with 781 viewsJackoBoostardo

That ice bucket thingy on 20:57 - Aug 24 by skippyjack

All I'm saying is.. these multi millionaires could practically eradicate the need for research funding.. and it makes me pissed off.. it makes me even more pissed when they start asking every poor c*nt to donate.. on top of that.. 25% of donations will not be given for research.

I'm not disagreeing with that aspect of your argument mate. Who needs to keep the multi-millions the bigger celebrities claim? Their oversized homes and ridiculously expensive lifestyles just reek over exuberance and the expense of the poorer in many cases.

However, without wanting to sound all French revolutionist, even if they give half of their money away they would still have more than enough to live on, whilst the charities to benefit would have enough to help many more people.

Bill Gates has gone the opposite way and given half of his wealth to charities. Warren Buffett has already given the vast majority of his wealth the charity already, and Mark Zuckerberg has also pledged to donate most of his wealth too. There are good rich people out there wanting to make a difference - but I do get what you're saying about there not being enough.

Little comment though - how many "normal" people do you think regularly give to charity or the needy though as it's not enough either.

That ice bucket thingy on 21:55 - Aug 24 with 764 viewsskippyjack

That ice bucket thingy on 21:42 - Aug 24 by JackoBoostardo

I'm not disagreeing with that aspect of your argument mate. Who needs to keep the multi-millions the bigger celebrities claim? Their oversized homes and ridiculously expensive lifestyles just reek over exuberance and the expense of the poorer in many cases.

However, without wanting to sound all French revolutionist, even if they give half of their money away they would still have more than enough to live on, whilst the charities to benefit would have enough to help many more people.

Bill Gates has gone the opposite way and given half of his wealth to charities. Warren Buffett has already given the vast majority of his wealth the charity already, and Mark Zuckerberg has also pledged to donate most of his wealth too. There are good rich people out there wanting to make a difference - but I do get what you're saying about there not being enough.

Little comment though - how many "normal" people do you think regularly give to charity or the needy though as it's not enough either.

Yeah I know about Bill Gates.. I'm not sure how many normal people give to charity regularly.. it's different being normal.. than a person who rakes in 500k upwards a week.. giving to charity..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024