Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Caroll signed on loan 12:28 - Aug 22 with 13903 viewsSwan91

[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 12:32]
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 19:00 - Aug 22 with 2857 viewsSwan91

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 18:49 - Aug 22 by ScoobyWho

This guy has been passed around Orient, Derby, QPR and now us. He sounds like the new josh McCraechan or whatever he was called. He may well fit in because of how we play but I cant see him getting in ahead of Fulton when fit or Britton.

A lad in work said it was more like Spurs weakening us by letting I'm come to us, QPR fans hated him.

Cant see the point.

I remember Middlesbrough fans saying the same thing about Emnes... not worth money and not a good footballer and look how he turned out, certainly played a part in keeping us away from relegation. hes only 22 so obviously he would go to lower teams to get experience and QPR are no way anywhere near our style of football so he nmight not have been good there doesn't mean he wont be good at swansea.

Like i said before Im not making an opinion till i see him play, i'm certainly not going to write him off before he even steps on the pitch. someone who is good enough to break into a busy midfield at totenham will certainly know how to prove himself and work hard for a club.

wished he was a transfer and not a loan though. would like to see him work into our team in the long term and maybe we would have a future england internatonal playing for us
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 19:04 - Aug 22 with 2843 viewsmonmouth

Given up on JJS then ?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 19:22 - Aug 22 with 2769 viewsJonnyTheJack

I like the signing. He'll get plenty of game time especially with Leon out for another month.
Ki, Leon, JJS, Carroll and Fulton. I'm happy with that.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 19:55 - Aug 22 with 2674 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

He's going to change his name to Tomas Carolazio to get the fans on his side...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 19:58 - Aug 22 with 2663 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 19:55 - Aug 22 by FearOfAJackPlanet

He's going to change his name to Tomas Carolazio to get the fans on his side...

And don't talk to the press. 'Cos that just reeks of arrogance and David Brent-ism. Or something.

Poll: Tory leader

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 20:00 - Aug 22 with 2652 viewsmagicdaps10

Any info if this affects our pursuit of Stambouli or Cork??

Im happy with the guy despite being slightly underwhelmed aslong as we get the required DM in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 20:23 - Aug 22 with 2599 viewsairedale

I'd prefer it if it was a permanent deal too. The boy has worked himself up through the divisions and now he's a SCFC Finishing School. I just can't help thinking that he's keeping one (or two) of our players on the bench while he develops himself for the benefit of Spurs.

Cartilage Free Captain:

Long-time blog favorite Tom Carroll is making a nice step up in competition, heading on loan to Swansea City. There, he should have one last shot to prove to Tottenham Hotspur that he's a high level Premier League player.

Carroll was given a chance to win a first team place upon returning from Queens Park Rangers, but his preseason performances were a bit erratic. He was out-performed by Ryan Mason, and central midfield was always going to be a tough position to crack at Spurs anyway.

At Swansea, it's not exactly clear what position Carroll will play or what his opportunities for playing time will look like. The Swans have lost Alejandro Pozuelo, Michu and Jonathan De Guzman, but have brought in Gylfi Sigurdsson and have Ki Sung-Yeung back after his very solid season at Sunderland. There could be time at central midfield and attacking midfield available for Carroll, but he's not clearly first choice at either spot.

This is going to end up being a make or break year for Carroll. If he's spectacular, he'll get another chance at Spurs. If he's just okay, he'll probably be sold to a Swansea-level team. If he struggles, it's not clear what his future holds.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 20:36 - Aug 22 with 2565 viewsMolliemick

Caroll looks a decent player, let's see how it goes.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 21:12 - Aug 22 with 2487 viewsSwansNZ

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:31 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

Agreed! Lots of Spurs fans thought he'd break into their team or thereabouts this year.

By the way - I also don't know anything about Stambouli and I'm sure that most on here don't either other than a you tube clip.

For those saying it's another Josh Mceachran - it's just as likely of course to be another Caulker.

That’s what I was thinking. The last youngster we loaned off Spurs, did very well.

Welcome to Swansea Tom

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 21:25 - Aug 22 with 2441 viewsDanielswan

Never really liked to loan players without a buyout clause, but welcome Tom ... lets see what the future brings.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 21:56 - Aug 22 with 2355 viewsStarsky

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 18:49 - Aug 22 by ScoobyWho

This guy has been passed around Orient, Derby, QPR and now us. He sounds like the new josh McCraechan or whatever he was called. He may well fit in because of how we play but I cant see him getting in ahead of Fulton when fit or Britton.

A lad in work said it was more like Spurs weakening us by letting I'm come to us, QPR fans hated him.

Cant see the point.

Good to have an open mind aye.

It's just the internet, init.

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 22:05 - Aug 22 with 2333 viewsSwansforever

So has anyone ever seen this guy play before? You all seem to be criticising him yet how many of you have actually watched him before.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 22:22 - Aug 22 with 2283 views1jack

Ridiculous uneducated reaction by some on here, absolutely stupid, I know someone who has seen him play a few times and said he is quality. I'm sorry but some on here are really pathetic.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 23:12 - Aug 22 with 2216 viewsScoobyWho

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 21:56 - Aug 22 by Starsky

Good to have an open mind aye.

Indeed, I agree.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 02:18 - Aug 23 with 2068 viewsSwansNZ

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 22:05 - Aug 22 by Swansforever

So has anyone ever seen this guy play before? You all seem to be criticising him yet how many of you have actually watched him before.

Most of those slagging him off, have probably never even heard of him, let alone seen him play.

I most certainly had not heard of him, but will wait until he plays a few games before, passing judgement.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 2:19]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 04:03 - Aug 23 with 2031 viewssnork44

He looks a Swansea type of player! As for him being not rated by QPR well to take any notice of what that scummy clubs fans think of a footballer is laughable.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 05:22 - Aug 23 with 2013 viewsdameedna

The next best thing to Jo Allen

Cracking signing, welcome and get on the bench lad
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 11:49 - Jan 4 with 1660 viewsPhil_S

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 15:57 - Aug 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's quite clearly a back up and so I hope he gets very limited game time here as any game time he gets would be at the expense of players far more talented than himself.

That being said I hope he enjoys his time here.

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 12:04 - Jan 4 with 1594 viewsJackSomething

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 11:49 - Jan 4 by Phil_S

If Dwight was still around, he'd find a way to argue that everything he said was correct. In his own head, he'd probably believe it too.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 12:10 - Jan 4 with 1566 viewsDarran

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:10 - Aug 22 by Darran

Another shit thread.
Give the bloke a break FFS.

Nice to see I was right as usual.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:05 - Jan 4 with 1420 viewsAJ101

What are the chances of Carroll replacing Ki in league games during the Asian Cup?
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:21 - Jan 4 with 1375 viewsmonmouth

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:05 - Jan 4 by AJ101

What are the chances of Carroll replacing Ki in league games during the Asian Cup?

I would say it has a probability of around 1.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:29 - Jan 4 with 1336 viewsrossshaw

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 12:04 - Jan 4 by JackSomething

If Dwight was still around, he'd find a way to argue that everything he said was correct. In his own head, he'd probably believe it too.

He is still around, under another alias I should imagine

Trundle could still do a job..

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 16:04 - Jan 4 with 1245 views1jack

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 22:22 - Aug 22 by 1jack

Ridiculous uneducated reaction by some on here, absolutely stupid, I know someone who has seen him play a few times and said he is quality. I'm sorry but some on here are really pathetic.

Told you so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024