Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? 19:38 - Aug 28 with 9200 viewsJackoBoostardo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28972878

With NATO, Europe and the US calling Russia up on deceitfully sending their troops, and with diplomatic paths & sanctions failing due to Putin's disregard for the this, it seems there are vague possibilities of further intervention to uphold the rights of a European country.

So, best get planning just in case. Where would you go or what would you do in the event of a nuclear armageddon at the hands of those crazy ruskies?

(And NO! Doing an Indiana Jones and hiding in a fridge will NOT protect you!)
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 19:39]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 19:41 - Aug 28 with 7299 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Russia are laughing at them all .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 19:41 - Aug 28 with 7299 viewsDarran

I'll be safe because I'll be cwtched up in Lord Bonys bunker.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 19:43 - Aug 28 with 7285 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 19:41 - Aug 28 by Darran

Your on the standby list .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 19:46 - Aug 28 with 7270 viewsJackoBoostardo

I'm in the middle of trying to purchase an several aircraft blackboxes and live in them for a while. Can't be arsed to dig a bunker in my back garden!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 19:50 - Aug 28 with 7253 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

(And NO! Doing an Indiana Jones and hiding in a fridge will NOT protect you!)
(Feck I had it all planned)

:Til I Die,and Beyond. Oi !! It's A Way Of Life.

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 19:53 - Aug 28 with 7243 viewsDarran

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 19:43 - Aug 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Your on the standby list .

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:10 - Aug 28 with 7208 viewsJackoBoostardo

Looking into this, in the UK we have very little choices. We do not have bomb shelters remaining, and our buildings are small and relatively open to any blasts or shockwaves - including radiation. It' suggested you remain as low as possible if you can't get indoors quick enough - like behind a kerb.... but our kerbs are much smaller in comparison to those in some other countries.

I know there are other cities more likely to be hit than Swansea..... but the options are very very limited which is odd considering the cold war only officially ended fairly recently.

If you're at home, or anywhere for that matter, it's the Gamma Rays that will get you. You need to minimise the impact from fallout by blocking any openings, and then considering materials that will reduce the pesky Gamma's getting at you. Here's a little guide over the materials you may have (and density required to be useful) to hand that can be used to stack around your home or hideout:

Steel: 21 cm (0.7 feet)
Rock: 70-100 cm (2-3 ft)
Concrete: 66 cm (2.2 ft)
Wood: 2.6 m (8.8 ft)
Soil: 1 m (3.3 ft)
Ice: 2 m (6.6 ft)
Snow: 6 m (20-22 ft)
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 20:14]

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:14 - Aug 28 with 7200 viewsexiledclaseboy

People have been predicting WWIII for so long it's going to be a tangible disappointment when it's all over within the hour.

I'm going to have a can of Carling Premier and smoke a fag. And possibly have a quick one off the wrist if I've got a spare 30 seconds before the bomb drops.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:18 - Aug 28 with 7187 viewsJackoBoostardo

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:14 - Aug 28 by exiledclaseboy

People have been predicting WWIII for so long it's going to be a tangible disappointment when it's all over within the hour.

I'm going to have a can of Carling Premier and smoke a fag. And possibly have a quick one off the wrist if I've got a spare 30 seconds before the bomb drops.

Well the Cuban missile crisis was narrowly avoided, and very few people knew about it!

I don't know how much notice, or whether there will indeed be any, before we're hit . Would be useful though.

The US are in the process of developing supersonic missiles that can reach any place in the world within an hour. You should look to have something sorted out to protect you and your family within an hour..... think you can do it IF something was to happen?

This of course is a philosophical question.

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:23 - Aug 28 with 7177 viewsLord_Bony

What all three at the same time? That is impressive..

Don t forget to smoke outside though for health and safety reasons...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:24 - Aug 28 with 7174 viewsLord_Bony

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 19:41 - Aug 28 by Darran

No prob ,don't forget the Cheap Trick collection...good lad...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:25 - Aug 28 with 7168 viewsDarran

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:24 - Aug 28 by Lord_Bony

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:27 - Aug 28 with 7161 viewskeeponrockin

Most will probably be on planetswans
Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:27 - Aug 28 with 7160 viewsJackfath

I'd come on here to say goodbye to all my friends.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:29 - Aug 28 with 7148 viewsC_jack

Probably a bit risky to settle a world war over a game of football

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:31 - Aug 28 with 7142 viewsJackoBoostardo

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:29 - Aug 28 by C_jack

Probably a bit risky to settle a world war over a game of football

Be tempting to give Cardiff another mauling in our final hour or so!

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:50 - Aug 28 with 7105 viewsmax936

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:24 - Aug 28 by Lord_Bony

You promised me a spot you rotter, I ain't coming if he's bringing that cheap trick shite

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:54 - Aug 28 with 7096 viewsskippyjack

I don't mind going to war... I've got f*ck all to look forward to anyway.. it'll be a doddle for me.. or a sense of adventure.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:55 - Aug 28 with 7089 viewsexiledclaseboy

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:54 - Aug 28 by skippyjack

I don't mind going to war... I've got f*ck all to look forward to anyway.. it'll be a doddle for me.. or a sense of adventure.

They won't let you fight, Skip. Unskilled see.

Poll: Tory leader

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:55 - Aug 28 with 7089 viewsLord_Bony

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:50 - Aug 28 by max936

You promised me a spot you rotter, I ain't coming if he's bringing that cheap trick shite

You just bring a couple crates of Gower Gold and all will be well.....

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 22:10 - Aug 28 with 6995 viewsthe_oracle

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:27 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

I'd come on here to say goodbye to all my friends.

What will you being doing for the other 59 minutes 59 seconds?
Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 22:47 - Aug 28 with 6940 viewsmax936

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:55 - Aug 28 by Lord_Bony

You just bring a couple crates of Gower Gold and all will be well.....

You'll have to settle on SA Gold, I haven't seen any bottled Gower Gold on the shelves yet.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 00:28 - Aug 29 with 6869 viewsJackhero

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 20:18 - Aug 28 by JackoBoostardo

Well the Cuban missile crisis was narrowly avoided, and very few people knew about it!

I don't know how much notice, or whether there will indeed be any, before we're hit . Would be useful though.

The US are in the process of developing supersonic missiles that can reach any place in the world within an hour. You should look to have something sorted out to protect you and your family within an hour..... think you can do it IF something was to happen?

This of course is a philosophical question.

Swansea and surrounding areas come to a gridlock when there's a snow shower ffs, can you imagine impending Armageddon was announced.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 09:37 - Aug 29 with 6800 viewsCatullus

Oh god, I agree again, this is getting to be a habit!!

If it does happen there's no point worrying. Even if you survive the strikes and the radiation, there's very little that will survive that's worth having.
The food, water, plants and animals will all be poisoned and die.

The only real hope is that they just hit London and the winds are blowing east at the time!!
PS, They could hit Manchester, that'll take care of the Mancs and the Scoucers, gogs too!!

If it's all out war and we survive, I'll cwtch up with my wife, son and dog, in our car. I'll put some good music on then close the garage door and start revving the engine.

NB, I must remember not to start the car during a strike!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Where will you be with WWIII kicks off? on 09:45 - Aug 29 with 6796 viewsdickythorpe

I'll be playing "postmans knock" and "oi" - great games to distract and confuse people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024