Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Crowd Facing LED adverts 20:05 - Aug 30 with 13727 viewsPhil_S

Keen to understand the views of those who were complaining about these last week

Was there improvements in them?
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:53 - Sep 5 with 1095 viewsdobjack2

The more I think about it the better an idea it seems. Rather than sing/chant/cheer or shout we could text the boards. We could turn the liberty into the football equivalent of a silent disco.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:56 - Sep 5 with 1090 viewsGram2086

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:33 - Sep 5 by Flashberryjack

Well said Spratty... the fans that are the most affected by these hideous boards, desperately need the support of the ones only slightly affected or not affected at all.
Otherwise we are well and truly f*cked....thank's to all concerned.

Be interested to know whether and if so in what way the issue of the boards was raised with the Trust and what representations were made on our behalf before installation. It would also be helpful to know what the official Trust line is now following what seems to be unanimous disapproval of the idea and, irrespective of dimming and slowing down tweaks, a universal wish that the club abandon the scheme.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:25 - Sep 5 with 1044 viewstomdickharry

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 19:56 - Sep 5 by Gram2086

Be interested to know whether and if so in what way the issue of the boards was raised with the Trust and what representations were made on our behalf before installation. It would also be helpful to know what the official Trust line is now following what seems to be unanimous disapproval of the idea and, irrespective of dimming and slowing down tweaks, a universal wish that the club abandon the scheme.

Good post,lets hope they are gone by the Southampton game.
The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:41 - Sep 5 with 1026 viewssully49

Surely its because the camera's at every game, and sponsors want their advert to seen, no probs. That said why do the signs have to be facing the crowd? It makes sense to just turn them off and only to be seen pitch side.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 22:49 - Sep 5 with 978 viewsAndy1300

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 20:41 - Sep 5 by sully49

Surely its because the camera's at every game, and sponsors want their advert to seen, no probs. That said why do the signs have to be facing the crowd? It makes sense to just turn them off and only to be seen pitch side.

Went to watch the Ospreys tonight, sat in row D and the crowd facing ads were not on while the game was being played.

Number 1 team in Wales

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 23:16 - Sep 5 with 954 viewsItchySphincter

Ospreys most likely can't get anyone to stump up for advertising.

On the epilepsy 'issue', I don't think there is evidence to suggest LEDs can trigger an occurrence but it is the frequency of the light not the type which could cause problems. This is generally accepted and even if only one person in a thousand is affected caution should be considered. In my line of work we use photo sensor epilepsy tests, often referred to as Harding tests which I'm sure one or two others here will be familiar with. If I send out a project and I haven't taken steps to check the content - it could be strobing, flash bulbs, even stationary pattern and if one person has a problem with it it's on my head. It's a legal requirement. The way broadcasters often get around it for news is to warn viewers that the following images may contain flash photography, etc. Only acceptable in news.

There was an episode in Japan in the '90's of a higher than usual number of children admitted to hospital at the same time showing signs of having epileptic seizures. I believe that after research it was deduced that they had all watched the same episode of Pokemon which contained flashing images at the same time.

Also, if anyone thinks it's not a condition to be treated seriously my cousin suffered with it and fell down the stairs and died. Nothing to do with flash lighting as far as I know, just one of those things.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Crowd Facing LED adverts on 01:06 - Sep 6 with 916 viewsHighjack

It was this scene.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024