Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread 07:25 - Sep 1 with 18014 viewsNeath_Jack

Does what it says on the tin.

My prediction.

Bony out.
Sinclair or Ayew in.
Bessone in.
Just miss out on Cork.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:34 - Sep 1 with 2270 viewsAnotherJohn

Garry has done well and I think the club should have supported him by getting at least one in. If we hit problems in any of the vulnerable positions let us hope we can just about get through to January. Can't see much happening tonight given how events have unfolded.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:37 - Sep 1 with 2240 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we don't bring anyone in that doesn't automatically mean that people haven't been working their nuts off.

These are complex negotiations which can collapse at any time through no fault of Swansea City.

We have no reason to believe that the board haven't been working like dogs for the good of the club. After all, they've been doing it for over 10 years.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:41 - Sep 1 with 2201 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I am not that bothered about getting a LB in to be honest

We have Taylor and Richards, Tiendalli and Kingsley as cover there.
I never understood why we are moving for another LB

The only position I am still slightly concerned about is the DM role.
I thought we have gone for someone with more experience than Tom Carroll and looked for a long term replacement for Leon Britton.

With Bony going on African Cup duty in February, lets hope Gomis doesn't get injured
The same goes for Ki and Shelvey. If they are out the same time we may struggle with back up

We have a great 14 players who can slot straight into the first team but outside that I think we are light
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:45 - Sep 1 with 2140 viewssnork44

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:37 - Sep 1 by Joe_bradshaw

If we don't bring anyone in that doesn't automatically mean that people haven't been working their nuts off.

These are complex negotiations which can collapse at any time through no fault of Swansea City.

We have no reason to believe that the board haven't been working like dogs for the good of the club. After all, they've been doing it for over 10 years.

I agree with you in a certain respect! But I still would have liked a couple in, but considering the fvck ups that have happened before with the different governing boards and not getting the paperwork through before the deadline! Perhaps the club has put a self imposed deadline not to flub up again! Although even Sinclair or Borini on loan would have been good!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 19:48]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:48 - Sep 1 with 2106 viewsSwansNZ

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:37 - Sep 1 by Joe_bradshaw

This.

So, if we don’t sign anyone, we have let Gary down? unbelievable!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:52 - Sep 1 with 2049 viewsSwansNZ

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:41 - Sep 1 by TenkosBlondeWig

I am not that bothered about getting a LB in to be honest

We have Taylor and Richards, Tiendalli and Kingsley as cover there.
I never understood why we are moving for another LB

The only position I am still slightly concerned about is the DM role.
I thought we have gone for someone with more experience than Tom Carroll and looked for a long term replacement for Leon Britton.

With Bony going on African Cup duty in February, lets hope Gomis doesn't get injured
The same goes for Ki and Shelvey. If they are out the same time we may struggle with back up

We have a great 14 players who can slot straight into the first team but outside that I think we are light

If we want cover for Bony for Jan/Feb, then we don’t need to bring anyone in now, just to have them sitting around for 4 months.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:56 - Sep 1 with 1994 viewsmagicdaps10

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:48 - Sep 1 by SwansNZ

This.

So, if we don’t sign anyone, we have let Gary down? unbelievable!

How is it unbelievable?

He has stated for a good while that he wants a LB and RW and has stated that each position that they are looking at half a dozen players so he has obviously given the board plenty of time and plenty of targets.

We are in a good position at present and a good start should open the boards eyes that the club cant let slip and rest and their laurels or what they have.

Monk would be let down if the players are not brought in, plenty of time and targets.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:13 - Sep 1 with 1830 viewsblaine_scfc

As I said on another thread, disappointed we didn't close out some deals for players GM has targeted, he stated he wanted two more, didn't happen.

However, if we couldn't conclude deals for genuine targets, then I definitely prefer us to do no business rather than deals for average players such as Sinclair and Naughton. Go with what we have got and hope for luck in the injuries and suspension department.
Login to get fewer ads

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:13 - Sep 1 with 1820 viewsSwansNZ

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:56 - Sep 1 by magicdaps10

How is it unbelievable?

He has stated for a good while that he wants a LB and RW and has stated that each position that they are looking at half a dozen players so he has obviously given the board plenty of time and plenty of targets.

We are in a good position at present and a good start should open the boards eyes that the club cant let slip and rest and their laurels or what they have.

Monk would be let down if the players are not brought in, plenty of time and targets.

Because maybe, just maybe, those targets either did not want to come here for one reason or another or were overpriced.

Garry wants player X, we think he is valued at 2 million, his club want 5 — so, do we pay 5 million because Garry wants him? No

We already have brought in a number of very good players, to replace those, that I assume Garry did not want.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:15 - Sep 1 with 1794 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:13 - Sep 1 by blaine_scfc

As I said on another thread, disappointed we didn't close out some deals for players GM has targeted, he stated he wanted two more, didn't happen.

However, if we couldn't conclude deals for genuine targets, then I definitely prefer us to do no business rather than deals for average players such as Sinclair and Naughton. Go with what we have got and hope for luck in the injuries and suspension department.

I don't agree that we should "hope for luck with injuries and suspensions"

Fail to plan prepare to fail and all that !

We have 14 players who we can count on but outside that we may be asking too much

Fingers crossed then
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:17 - Sep 1 with 1783 viewsSwansNZ

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:15 - Sep 1 by TenkosBlondeWig

I don't agree that we should "hope for luck with injuries and suspensions"

Fail to plan prepare to fail and all that !

We have 14 players who we can count on but outside that we may be asking too much

Fingers crossed then

We have more than 14 players capable of playing in the PL

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:19 - Sep 1 with 1764 viewsmonmouth

Even though I always thought holding on to Bony would be ok for me, and it is, I would feel a bit sour if I was GM. he's been saying for some time that he expects two or three players. Whatever the reasons, excuses or circumstances, he hasn't got anyone unless there's some late action. He will say and mean that it's ok I'm sure, but in his mind he must think we do not have what he set out in good faith what he wanted. Soon forgotten I'm sure but it all feels a bit meh.

Another reason to just say nothing before these deadlines really. Why publicise what you want anyway, just say we're always in the market for players that suit us and, if we can get the right terms we'd bring them in, if not we won't. Now he's going to have to explain what happened interminably to some press numpty after the goddamn window goddamn SLAMS goddamn shut. How tedious.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:24 - Sep 1 with 1705 viewsSwansNZ

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:19 - Sep 1 by monmouth

Even though I always thought holding on to Bony would be ok for me, and it is, I would feel a bit sour if I was GM. he's been saying for some time that he expects two or three players. Whatever the reasons, excuses or circumstances, he hasn't got anyone unless there's some late action. He will say and mean that it's ok I'm sure, but in his mind he must think we do not have what he set out in good faith what he wanted. Soon forgotten I'm sure but it all feels a bit meh.

Another reason to just say nothing before these deadlines really. Why publicise what you want anyway, just say we're always in the market for players that suit us and, if we can get the right terms we'd bring them in, if not we won't. Now he's going to have to explain what happened interminably to some press numpty after the goddamn window goddamn SLAMS goddamn shut. How tedious.

I think that is the problem — don’t say you are looking for players in certain positions, just keep it vague.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:27 - Sep 1 with 1682 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:24 - Sep 1 by SwansNZ

I think that is the problem — don’t say you are looking for players in certain positions, just keep it vague.

Emyr Huws to Wigan for £2.5M.......

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:27 - Sep 1 with 1681 viewsQuakerJack

Emyr Huws to Wigan for 2.5mil

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:38 - Sep 1 with 1579 viewsswanduck

People who were worried about Bessone, he has signed for Blackpool.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:38 - Sep 1 with 1579 viewsPozuelosSideys

More importantly, Borini is on £90k a week? Or at least that was what he would have got at QPR. Fck my eyes.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:40 - Sep 1 with 1562 viewsSwansNZ

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:38 - Sep 1 by PozuelosSideys

More importantly, Borini is on £90k a week? Or at least that was what he would have got at QPR. Fck my eyes.

Yes, but if Garry had wanted him, it would be the board at fault if we did not sign him

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:46 - Sep 1 with 1497 viewsPozuelosSideys

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:40 - Sep 1 by SwansNZ

Yes, but if Garry had wanted him, it would be the board at fault if we did not sign him

Some of these salaries are scary. Waaay above what i thought theyd be. If anything it shows the Board are doing a pretty good job at keeping tabs on it all and still bring in good players.

£90k a week? For Borini? Fccccckkkk

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:48 - Sep 1 with 1476 viewsSwansNZ

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:46 - Sep 1 by PozuelosSideys

Some of these salaries are scary. Waaay above what i thought theyd be. If anything it shows the Board are doing a pretty good job at keeping tabs on it all and still bring in good players.

£90k a week? For Borini? Fccccckkkk

Totally agree

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 20:57 - Sep 1 with 1398 viewsC_jack

ffs

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 21:02 - Sep 1 with 1339 viewsmagicdaps10

Layvin Kurzawa and Lacine Traore of Monaco.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 21:13 - Sep 1 with 1210 viewsexiledclaseboy

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 21:02 - Sep 1 by magicdaps10

Layvin Kurzawa and Lacine Traore of Monaco.

What about them?

Poll: Tory leader

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 21:14 - Sep 1 with 1200 viewsMusical_Swan

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 21:13 - Sep 1 by exiledclaseboy

What about them?

They've got funny names.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 21:14 - Sep 1 with 1196 viewsmagicdaps10

They play for Monaco.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024