Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Iron Maidens. tribute band 06:29 - Sep 4 with 6057 viewsLord_Bony

Check out this stunning female tribute to the mighty gods of rock.

Been following them over the years would love to see them live,big mates with maiden,Kiss etc.
Phil Cambell Motörhead /pontypridd done some work with them too.
Really talented musicians...

Do you have any videos of a good tribute band? if so whack them up here...

These Maidens rock man...

[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 6:42]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 09:41 - Jan 27 with 1794 viewsperchrockjack

Condesecending>
Holy MARY

I comment about a metal band and just how the feck James does it lead to that.

Its one thing for Proseer to keep his pitiful posts going but you, really, disappointed.

I ve always been condescending anyway. Its not hard really looking at the dicks around.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 09:47 - Jan 27 with 1770 viewsDarran

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 09:41 - Jan 27 by perchrockjack

Condesecending>
Holy MARY

I comment about a metal band and just how the feck James does it lead to that.

Its one thing for Proseer to keep his pitiful posts going but you, really, disappointed.

I ve always been condescending anyway. Its not hard really looking at the dicks around.

Another day of not ignoring me I see.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 20:37 - Jan 27 with 1676 viewsItchySphincter

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 22:37 - Jan 26 by WarwickHunt

Anyone paying to see a tribute band deserves a serious f*cking slap.

I generally don't get/like the tribute band thing. It's one thing playing classic covers for kicks in a pub band or whatever, but can't understand pretending to actually be someone else.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 20:39]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 21:41 - Jan 27 with 1662 viewsLoyal

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 01:15 - Jan 27 by Humpty

I'm a liberal feminist type of chap but in the second video I'm very impressed by the right breast of each of the musicians.

Is that wrong?

Not as far as I am concerned, but there does seem to be an element that scream political correctness when it suits on here.

My view would be to have a small man ( midget ) standing on a table wearing a nappy just in front of her licking jam off her wheel nuts.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 23:53 - Jan 28 with 1592 viewsLord_Bony

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 21:41 - Jan 27 by Loyal

Not as far as I am concerned, but there does seem to be an element that scream political correctness when it suits on here.

My view would be to have a small man ( midget ) standing on a table wearing a nappy just in front of her licking jam off her wheel nuts.

Rather disturbing...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 23:58 - Jan 28 with 1584 viewsItchySphincter

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 23:53 - Jan 28 by Lord_Bony

Rather disturbing...

How's the Fleetwood Mac tribute act going?

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 00:45 - Jan 29 with 1582 viewsphact0rri

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 09:05 - Jan 27 by WarwickHunt

I love both - just don't see the point of watching a covers band who add nothing to the originals.

Most tribute bands do add stuff to the originals. Flair and such, also there's something to say about seeing an aging band who is bored playing the same songs and fan who has strong passion for the music because it shows.

I suspect having been absorbed by the culture of LA, that there's a lot of this stuff around "people pretending to be other people" and not just because hollywood. We got super heroes roaming the streets, street performers dolled up like vintage 50's stars, loads of plays riffing on original material... and lots and lots of tribute bands.

Truth is, before I moved here I hated to see covers by some live band at a pub. But a good tribute band is so much fun. its a good evening out. Granted if you've never seen very many good tribute bands you might not know what its really all about.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 01:00 - Jan 29 with 1577 viewsWarwickHunt

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 00:45 - Jan 29 by phact0rri

Most tribute bands do add stuff to the originals. Flair and such, also there's something to say about seeing an aging band who is bored playing the same songs and fan who has strong passion for the music because it shows.

I suspect having been absorbed by the culture of LA, that there's a lot of this stuff around "people pretending to be other people" and not just because hollywood. We got super heroes roaming the streets, street performers dolled up like vintage 50's stars, loads of plays riffing on original material... and lots and lots of tribute bands.

Truth is, before I moved here I hated to see covers by some live band at a pub. But a good tribute band is so much fun. its a good evening out. Granted if you've never seen very many good tribute bands you might not know what its really all about.

Thanks for the tip but I'd rather eat my own feet.
Login to get fewer ads

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 02:53 - Jan 29 with 1560 viewsphact0rri

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 01:00 - Jan 29 by WarwickHunt

Thanks for the tip but I'd rather eat my own feet.

pickled, or just pan fried? Its important you know, so I can get the correct mental image.

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 09:30 - Jan 29 with 1523 viewsWarwickHunt

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 02:53 - Jan 29 by phact0rri

pickled, or just pan fried? Its important you know, so I can get the correct mental image.

Raw. With some fava beans and a nice Chianti....
The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 11:51 - Jan 29 with 1492 viewsItchySphincter

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 00:45 - Jan 29 by phact0rri

Can't say I agree with a single word of that. It's akin to seeing a musical version of Alitair McGowan. I don't mind seeing a shit hot covers band doing a cover of White Room or Sunshine Of Your Love but I don't want to see them doing it in costumes and wigs pretending to be Cream. Way too cabaret for my liking.

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 12:01 - Jan 29 with 1491 viewsDarran

I had one of the best nghts of my life watching a tribute band.
Amy's was always fascinated by KISS when she was little so I took her to see a KISS tribute band called Dressed To Kill several years ago in Cardiff,there was about five or six kids there so they had them all up on stage to join in with the last song,I was talking to Ian Danter down the Liberty about it a couple of months ago he was on drums that night and he reckoned it is one of the most memorable gigs they ever played and it was a couple of nights before Christmas too and they came out in full make-up after the show to have photos with the kids too.

So if any of you tossers have anything to say to that you can go f*ck yourselves.

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 12:07 - Jan 29 with 1491 viewsWarwickHunt

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 12:01 - Jan 29 by Darran

Amy's was always fascinated by KISS when she was little so I took her to see a KISS tribute band called Dressed To Kill several years ago in Cardiff,there was about five or six kids there so they had them all up on stage to join in with the last song,I was talking to Ian Danter down the Liberty about it a couple of months ago he was on drums that night and he reckoned it is one of the most memorable gigs they ever played and it was a couple of nights before Christmas too and they came out in full make-up after the show to have photos with the kids too.

So if any of you tossers have anything to say to that you can go f*ck yourselves.

Did they give you jelly and ice-cream too?
The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 12:09 - Jan 29 with 1488 viewsDarran

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 12:07 - Jan 29 by WarwickHunt

Did they give you jelly and ice-cream too?

No it melted with the fire breathing.

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 14:02 - Jan 29 with 1468 viewsLord_Bony

Tbh the thread was started mainly to highlight some of the remarkable musical ability of women in a rock music scene that is predominantly dominated by males.

Great to see and yes a world tour by The Iron Maidens with millions of world wide fans would say there is a market for this and people enjoy going to their shows...they prob don t care much for other opinions...its just a great tribute playing music people know and a good night out...simple as that.

http://areaxyz.com/wp-content/themes/areaxyz/timthumb/timthumb.php?src=

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 16:24 - Jan 29 with 1444 viewsphact0rri

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 11:51 - Jan 29 by ItchySphincter

Can't say I agree with a single word of that. It's akin to seeing a musical version of Alitair McGowan. I don't mind seeing a shit hot covers band doing a cover of White Room or Sunshine Of Your Love but I don't want to see them doing it in costumes and wigs pretending to be Cream. Way too cabaret for my liking.

Oh I love it when they go all out. Its a bit of a laugh and having fun... its different if they take it serious or not. if they are out having fun its a good time.

Granted I'm not about to say that good tribute bands are the norm, because this is very much not the case-- but there's some good ones I've enjoyed over the years.

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 16:34 - Jan 29 with 1430 viewsItchySphincter

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 12:01 - Jan 29 by Darran

Kiss don't count. They're a comedy band and a franchise to boot.

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 17:29 - Jan 29 with 1411 viewsDarran

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 16:34 - Jan 29 by ItchySphincter

Kiss don't count. They're a comedy band and a franchise to boot.

I took her to see the real KISS a few years later and it's a hell of a show but I kind of take your point.

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 18:36 - Jan 29 with 1386 viewsWarwickHunt

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 23:58 - Jan 28 by ItchySphincter

It was fine until everyone started shagging each other.
The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 18:43 - Jan 29 with 1378 viewsJackfath

I like Los Colorados. Not a tribute band as such but nevertheless an excellent 4 piece band.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 19:56 - Jan 29 with 1339 viewsWarwickHunt

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 05:32 - Jan 30 with 1288 viewsLord_Bony

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 19:56 - Jan 29 by WarwickHunt

Who the feck is that? I'm ashamed to say I actually enjoyed that version of Smoke on the Water..

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 10:18 - Jan 30 with 1258 viewsWarwickHunt

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 05:32 - Jan 30 by Lord_Bony

Who the feck is that? I'm ashamed to say I actually enjoyed that version of Smoke on the Water..

He's a German nutter believe it or not.

I'd pay to see this lot. Now that would be a fun night out.

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 21:56 - Feb 10 with 1152 viewsDarran

Just saw this on Twits.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/features/2016-02-10/bruce-chickinson

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 23:27 - Feb 10 with 1121 viewsLord_Bony

The Iron Maidens. tribute band on 23:58 - Jan 28 by ItchySphincter

Ha.. you mean this one ?...nothing came of it as I said it was just a project..but we are planning to go back in the studio this summer with a new drummer to put down some more tracks...

Watch this space...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/133510/my-fleetwood-mac-

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024