Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Made a elderly gentleman very happy 20:19 - Sep 5 with 12353 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

Going back to the WBA game when I got to my usual seat in the east stand in the row directly behind me I saw a chap who I known for a number of years from work he is 76 years old an until recently has still done some driving work for us , he had to stop because his wife was taken ill and sadly died 6 months ago, I started to talk to him and said that I had never seen him at the liberty before he told me that he had not been to a football game for years but one of his friends had a ticket for the game but could not go an persuaded him to take the ticket to (As he put it to get him out of the house) Now as you know the north east can geta a bit rowdy to say the least.
After the game I met him outside and he had the biggest smile on his face and told me that he had not enjoyed himself so much for years and the game itself was fantastic and the fans by us are so passionate ,the noise the banter the vocal support and (laughing at the away fans ) was not what he had expected when he took the ticket.
He told me that he was hooked for life .And he left me still with the big grin on his face.
We'll done SCFC and well done the east stand you made a elderly gentleman very happy,
[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 20:21]

:Til I Die,and Beyond. Oi !! It's A Way Of Life.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:20 - Sep 5 with 5477 viewsJackfath

Hooked for life. He's 76 ffs.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:24 - Sep 5 with 5464 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:20 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

Exactly, 76 recently widowed,made very happy by a football game and it's supporters.
Typical reply from the likes of you.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:25 - Sep 5 with 5461 viewsmorningstar

Hooked for life means hooked for life doesn't it? Doesn't matter how old you are?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:26 - Sep 5 with 5440 viewsJackfath

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:24 - Sep 5 by Sandfieldshellsangel

Exactly, 76 recently widowed,made very happy by a football game and it's supporters.
Typical reply from the likes of you.

What do you mean typical reply?

How should I have responded?

The amount of precious posters on here is multiplying by the day. Would it have altered your point of view if I'd added a "smillie" to help you?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:29 - Sep 5 with 5435 viewsPozuelosSideys

What a stupid response to a good story.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:30 - Sep 5 with 5431 viewsjackharris

That's a lovely story. I hope he's able to get tickets for more matches. My Dad only recently started going when we were in the Championship after he had retired. After years of working as a carpenter and supporting my mum and my 3 brothers. He's 71 and loves it!!!
[Post edited 6 Sep 2014 12:21]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:31 - Sep 5 with 5421 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:26 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

What do you mean typical reply?

How should I have responded?

The amount of precious posters on here is multiplying by the day. Would it have altered your point of view if I'd added a "smillie" to help you?

Do not try and justify your juvenile cold attention seeking post.
Stop fishing for argument it' truly is a joke

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:31 - Sep 5 with 5399 viewsJackfath

It's a really great story and I hope I am as lucky to still be able to watch the Swans when i am 71.

Login to get fewer ads

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:32 - Sep 5 with 5394 viewsJackfath

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:31 - Sep 5 by Sandfieldshellsangel

Do not try and justify your juvenile cold attention seeking post.
Stop fishing for argument it' truly is a joke

Rightio.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:33 - Sep 5 with 5395 viewsexiledclaseboy

You've done it again, Fath.

Poll: Tory leader

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:34 - Sep 5 with 5394 viewsjackharris

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:31 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

It's a really great story and I hope I am as lucky to still be able to watch the Swans when i am 71.

He looks and acts about 50 mind! Clean living lad is my Dad!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:34 - Sep 5 with 5375 viewsJackfath

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:33 - Sep 5 by exiledclaseboy

You've done it again, Fath.

It's mental.

I am at a loss as to what I am supposed to do.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:39 - Sep 5 with 5377 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:30 - Sep 5 by jackharris

That's a lovely story. I hope he's able to get tickets for more matches. My Dad only recently started going when we were in the Championship after he had retired. After years of working as a carpenter and supporting my mum and my 3 brothers. He's 71 and loves it!!!
[Post edited 6 Sep 2014 12:21]

Thanks , after other replays to this it makes me wonder if you really are aloud to make a tidy non confrontation threads on this site.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:39 - Sep 5 with 5353 viewsJackfath

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:39 - Sep 5 by Sandfieldshellsangel

Thanks , after other replays to this it makes me wonder if you really are aloud to make a tidy non confrontation threads on this site.

Only one person was confrontational.

You.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:43 - Sep 5 with 5351 viewslonglostjack

I met a really nice bloke from Abercrave in the South Stand last season in his eighties he was probably - we had a bit of chat and as it goes a few mutual names cropped up. What supporting the Swans is all about.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:43 - Sep 5 with 5332 viewsJackfath

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:43 - Sep 5 by longlostjack

I met a really nice bloke from Abercrave in the South Stand last season in his eighties he was probably - we had a bit of chat and as it goes a few mutual names cropped up. What supporting the Swans is all about.

That's lovely. Makes me feel all warm inside.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:47 - Sep 5 with 5327 viewsswanny

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:43 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

That's lovely. Makes me feel all warm inside.

*administers bitch slap to Jackfath*

behave now, you're upsetting peeps ;)

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:49 - Sep 5 with 5298 viewsJackfath

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:47 - Sep 5 by swanny

*administers bitch slap to Jackfath*

behave now, you're upsetting peeps ;)

I apologise to anyone who have offended on this thread. I cannot help it if you're all extremely sensitive and need a smilie to help you through life.

I am sorry.

I actually like old people.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 20:50]

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:50 - Sep 5 with 5300 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:39 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

Only one person was confrontational.

You.

You truly are sad and cold. And believe in your own hype
Cannot be arsed anymore

Ps keep on fishing.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:51 - Sep 5 with 5278 viewsJackfath

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:50 - Sep 5 by Sandfieldshellsangel

You truly are sad and cold. And believe in your own hype
Cannot be arsed anymore

Ps keep on fishing.

I have apologised.

I am sorry if I offended.

It's a really great story.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:52 - Sep 5 with 5290 viewsswanny

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:49 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

I apologise to anyone who have offended on this thread. I cannot help it if you're all extremely sensitive and need a smilie to help you through life.

I am sorry.

Now then - doesn't that make you feel better....and it didn't hurt a bit :)

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:52 - Sep 5 with 5289 viewsOldjack

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:49 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

I am sorry.

your no bloody spring chicken yourself sarnnn

Nice post by the OP ,.I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:52 - Sep 5 with 5286 viewsScoobyWho

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:31 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

He's 76, keep up !
[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 20:53]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:53 - Sep 5 with 5269 viewsJackfath

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:52 - Sep 5 by Oldjack

your no bloody spring chicken yourself sarnnn

Nice post by the OP ,.I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING

Yeah me too.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:54 - Sep 5 with 5277 viewsswanny

Hardys Crest on special offer in Tesco

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024