Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Made a elderly gentleman very happy 20:19 - Sep 5 with 12464 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

Going back to the WBA game when I got to my usual seat in the east stand in the row directly behind me I saw a chap who I known for a number of years from work he is 76 years old an until recently has still done some driving work for us , he had to stop because his wife was taken ill and sadly died 6 months ago, I started to talk to him and said that I had never seen him at the liberty before he told me that he had not been to a football game for years but one of his friends had a ticket for the game but could not go an persuaded him to take the ticket to (As he put it to get him out of the house) Now as you know the north east can geta a bit rowdy to say the least.
After the game I met him outside and he had the biggest smile on his face and told me that he had not enjoyed himself so much for years and the game itself was fantastic and the fans by us are so passionate ,the noise the banter the vocal support and (laughing at the away fans ) was not what he had expected when he took the ticket.
He told me that he was hooked for life .And he left me still with the big grin on his face.
We'll done SCFC and well done the east stand you made a elderly gentleman very happy,
[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 20:21]

:Til I Die,and Beyond. Oi !! It's A Way Of Life.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:34 - Sep 5 with 1685 viewsAngelRangelQS

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:20 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

Hooked for life. He's 76 ffs.

Well I enjoyed this post if nobody else did
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:34 - Sep 5 with 1667 viewsJackfath

I am taking my Dad down to the Quadrant in the morning as he's getting a bus to Bristol as he's going on holiday.

That's a true story.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:35 - Sep 5 with 1675 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:34 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

I am taking my Dad down to the Quadrant in the morning as he's getting a bus to Bristol as he's going on holiday.

That's a true story.

#HookedForLife

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:45 - Sep 5 with 1656 viewsjackforever

My dads 70 sat next to ecb once last season. Saw us at villa park got lost to rugby but a season ticket holder for years now and loves it.
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:47 - Sep 5 with 1652 viewsbluenile

You really can be insensitive at times..............My brother goes occasionally if my son or another supporter who sits nearby can't make it. He's not really a football fan, but now follows the results avidly, texts me after any games saying "didn't we do well", or otherwise................I invited him because a couple of years ago his lovely wife died, they had been together since school days and it left him devastated and distraught. We all stood by him because it was important that we supported him through the darkest days, whether it be a Sunday dinner, helping him with renovating his house or shed or, as mentioned, involving him in the Swansea City supporters life................why oh why do you always have to have a sarcastic response to such situations.........is it simply because you 'can'?

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 23:09 - Sep 5 with 1620 viewsTNT

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:34 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

That's a true story.

They say there's a smashing zoo there.

Hope he has a lovely holiday.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 23:15 - Sep 5 with 1603 viewsairedale

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 20:54 - Sep 5 by swanny

Hardys Crest on special offer in Tesco

You can do better Swanny. Crest is a 'Premium' £10 wine that spends most of its time on offer.

I've drunk a lot of Crest and enjoyed it, but can't help thinking that there is a tie-up somewhere with the supermarket.

What color wine do you like?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 23:29]
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 23:21 - Sep 5 with 1595 viewsDyfnant

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:35 - Sep 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

#HookedForLife

Possibly on heroin

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 23:22 - Sep 5 with 1593 viewsDyfnant

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:07 - Sep 5 by longlostjack

Back in the fifties my Grandfather was working and my Grandmother had to queue up to buy tickets for a game. There was a bit of an incident when a copper asked her to move on because he assumed she was a prostitute.

YKTR

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 23:32 - Sep 5 with 1560 viewsItchySphincter

My mum and dad have recently joined up to jackarmy. They'll be seventy in a few years. Surprised they got the hang of the internet but they're also on Facebook too. Used it to get tickets to the Burnley game I believe.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 23:34 - Sep 5 with 1556 viewsLiberty

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:16 - Sep 5 by Liberty

Is it a really tall cabinet ?

Well I thought it was funny

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 23:53 - Sep 5 with 1523 viewsdameedna

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:31 - Sep 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I invited my father along to the U21 match last week. He enjoyed himself. Up arrow my post now please.

I'd sya he was too young to qualify for this thread

This thread is about old people, 65 and over

U21s game does not count unless he support Birmingham then it could
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 01:20 - Sep 6 with 1459 viewssnork44

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:04 - Sep 5 by JethroJack

Complete & utter bellend.

That's not a nice thing to say about a 79 year old!
[Post edited 6 Sep 2014 1:24]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 07:24 - Sep 6 with 1407 viewsswanny

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 23:15 - Sep 5 by airedale

You can do better Swanny. Crest is a 'Premium' £10 wine that spends most of its time on offer.

I've drunk a lot of Crest and enjoyed it, but can't help thinking that there is a tie-up somewhere with the supermarket.

What color wine do you like?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 23:29]

I don't normally shop at Tesco, I usually get my wine from Lidl (red, that is)...if I'm in Tesco I just pick a label that I recognise.

There are some very funny one liners on this thread, particularly the filing cabinet, and YKTR. A classic Friday night thread.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2014 7:25]

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 07:50 - Sep 6 with 1391 viewsairedale

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 07:24 - Sep 6 by swanny

I don't normally shop at Tesco, I usually get my wine from Lidl (red, that is)...if I'm in Tesco I just pick a label that I recognise.

There are some very funny one liners on this thread, particularly the filing cabinet, and YKTR. A classic Friday night thread.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2014 7:25]

Of the really famous reds, have a go at Wolf Blass Yellow Label Cab Sav (£10), or Castillero Del Diablo Cab Sav (£8), when they're on offer. If you can get them for £6.50 and £5 respectively you're a good shopper.

I've never tried the German shops' gear, I'll have to give them a go.

Missed the other items you mentioned, have to go back.

Chin chin.
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 08:33 - Sep 6 with 1361 viewsJackhero

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 07:50 - Sep 6 by airedale

Of the really famous reds, have a go at Wolf Blass Yellow Label Cab Sav (£10), or Castillero Del Diablo Cab Sav (£8), when they're on offer. If you can get them for £6.50 and £5 respectively you're a good shopper.

I've never tried the German shops' gear, I'll have to give them a go.

Missed the other items you mentioned, have to go back.

Chin chin.

Castillero Del Diablo Cab Sav & the Merlot are 3 bottles for £12 in Cresci's Skewen! Have been for a while too.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 11:01 - Sep 6 with 1294 viewsJackbustard

Great story mate thanks for sharing.

As for that excuse for a human being Ive got him on ignore thankfully. But doesn't take much to see hes been a complete pr1ck yet again.

Keep it up mate

This post has been edited by an administrator
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 11:30 - Sep 6 with 1268 viewsDyfnant

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 11:01 - Sep 6 by Jackbustard

As for that excuse for a human being Ive got him on ignore thankfully. But doesn't take much to see hes been a complete pr1ck yet again.

Keep it up mate

I don't really think his dads on heroin, he could be going ice skating or something

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 11:41 - Sep 6 with 1250 viewsYrAlarch

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 22:27 - Sep 5 by Jackfath

I wish I had an old person story to share.

Why don't you give it a rest now you're ahead having u-turned more than dramatically Cameron does. I think you have been somewhat taken aback by the reaction to your original crass comment.
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 11:42 - Sep 6 with 1250 views1jack

Keep it up mate

Yes I hope he gets hit soon because he didn't put a smilie on his post.

Fvcking asking for it.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 12:10 - Sep 6 with 1221 viewsBillyChong

Tit
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 12:27 - Sep 6 with 1205 viewsmarchamjack

Great OP. Also enjoyed the way this thread has meandered a little with some funny quips. Good stuff.

Glad too the pathetic comment made in response to the OP has been picked up and slated by many (in spite of some of the fastest back-peddalling ever attempted on here by the offender).

Who needs mods when the board can be self policing. All good.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 12:41 - Sep 6 with 1181 viewsdickythorpe

Tis a wonderful thread......
Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 13:16 - Sep 6 with 1144 viewstf_jack

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 12:41 - Sep 6 by dickythorpe

Tis a wonderful thread......

Talking of old age. I'm 68 and have supported the Swans ever since I could remember. Just wondered at what age the average child understands the game and their team ?

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Made a elderly gentleman very happy on 14:28 - Sep 6 with 1101 viewsJackfath

Keep it up mate

Cool story.

You've got me on ignore but still feel the urge to talk about me. Then you state as people know who I am (which is rather worrying in itself, no?) you hope my face meets one of their fists.

Goodness me, you're a real quality poster and we should all be more like you.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024