Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye Ole 20:05 - Sep 16 with 9397 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Goodbye Ole on 11:04 - Sep 17 with 1280 viewsDarran

Name in the frame is a man who's managed at the highest level.

Neil Lennon.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Goodbye Ole on 11:31 - Sep 17 with 1229 viewsHugeEnkins

Goodbye Ole on 11:04 - Sep 17 by Darran

Neil Lennon.

Nathan Blake talks a good game.... I'd give it to him!
Goodbye Ole on 11:38 - Sep 17 with 1212 viewspencoedjack

Neil Lennon.

I could think of no better fit

Horrible club with a horrible tw@t as manager.

Perfect.

But I hope they keep Ole ... doing a grand job.
Goodbye Ole on 11:44 - Sep 17 with 1202 viewsScoobyWho

I personally now want them to get a bit of hope by winning a game and maybe drawing so they keep him, then another go on slide. Too early to sack him, in the words of Uncle Bryn - ' I'm having a lovely time !
[Post edited 17 Sep 2014 11:44]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Goodbye Ole on 11:46 - Sep 17 with 1190 viewsjackforever

Goodbye Ole on 20:58 - Sep 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why?

Because they have a stadium that would help us greatly.

They have proved that expansion can happen quickly if you try hard enough.

We'll be lucky to begin expanding before the end of the season and then it will still be years too late.

Does anyone actually believe we'll begin expanding in January like what we were told, or are the club treating us like fools again while they plot how much to take in the next dividend.

They had a smaller crowd last night than we get, smallest for 4 years. Even their own fans think there was less there than the official attendance. Half full stadiums on a Tuesday night are a nightmare imo. At this rate they will never pay off the cost of the extension. Yes their extension happened quickly but unlike us there was clearly no need of it. Stick another 4,000 on the liberty at the right price and that will ding dang do for me or now. Steady growth over boom and bust.
Goodbye Ole on 11:47 - Sep 17 with 1182 viewsScoobyWho

Goodbye Ole on 21:09 - Sep 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Expanding too fast?

We've sold out every home league match for over 3 years and it will likely be 4 years come May.

We're not risking expanding too fast, what we're doing is failing to grow our fan base. We are failing to grow our core support. We are failing to attract your casual football fan in South Wales who will attend a couple of matches a season but doesn't care enough to buy tickets in advance etc.

'I would like to see us expand, but do it organically as our fan base brows'

Our fan base has grown. It is still growing but we cannot fit them all in the stadium.

People like you need to sit back and have a look where we are. We're not little old Swansea City anymore. We're a big club now whether the old fans like it or not, and clearly some crave the 'small club mentality' and are desperately trying to cling to it.

This bit I agree with, we should have increased capacity gently over time. And more greatly - FFS we have been at the liberty for 8 years, seat increases are about 220 a year !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Goodbye Ole on 11:48 - Sep 17 with 1180 viewsmonmouth

What still gives me a laugh is the shedload of dosh that Tan had to give him to join and then to do what he has done, and the way all the basseys were crowing when he agreed to their begging to be their manager. So, so funny. Reminds me of something.......oh yeah....POOR LEICESTER...but unlike the hopeless hilarious dwarves, they weren't inept enough to keep the hilarity going for long.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Goodbye Ole on 12:01 - Sep 17 with 1144 viewsCatullus

Expanding too fast?

We've sold out every home league match for over 3 years and it will likely be 4 years come May.

We're not risking expanding too fast, what we're doing is failing to grow our fan base. We are failing to grow our core support. We are failing to attract your casual football fan in South Wales who will attend a couple of matches a season but doesn't care enough to buy tickets in advance etc.

Our fan base has grown. It is still growing but we cannot fit them all in the stadium.

People like you need to sit back and have a look where we are. We're not little old Swansea City anymore. We're a big club now whether the old fans like it or not, and clearly some crave the 'small club mentality' and are desperately trying to cling to it.

Oh you are so wrong. We are not a big club because we are Premier league.

We are a medium sized club with a lot of money. And the board have gone too slow with expansion, but better that and no debt than to spend huge amounts on an expansion and get relegated.
You seem to forget, expansion wasn't and isn't a given no matter how much we want it. The council has to agree first. And we all know there have been issues.
Personally, I would have liked another 4-5000 seats for this season. But fools rush in etc.

On the OP, I don't give a rats ass about Cardiff. What happens to them now is all their own work, nothing to do with us. We have better things to talk about.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye Ole on 12:06 - Sep 17 with 1125 viewsmonmouth

Goodbye Ole on 12:01 - Sep 17 by Catullus

Oh you are so wrong. We are not a big club because we are Premier league.

We are a medium sized club with a lot of money. And the board have gone too slow with expansion, but better that and no debt than to spend huge amounts on an expansion and get relegated.
You seem to forget, expansion wasn't and isn't a given no matter how much we want it. The council has to agree first. And we all know there have been issues.
Personally, I would have liked another 4-5000 seats for this season. But fools rush in etc.

On the OP, I don't give a rats ass about Cardiff. What happens to them now is all their own work, nothing to do with us. We have better things to talk about.

To talk about yes, but not to laugh and point at.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Goodbye Ole on 12:12 - Sep 17 with 1118 viewskopperburgjack

Has anyone not heard? Tan is appointing himself manager next #TanIn #BlueOut #RedIn

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Goodbye Ole on 12:16 - Sep 17 with 1102 viewsCatullus

Goodbye Ole on 12:06 - Sep 17 by monmouth

To talk about yes, but not to laugh and point at.

I have to concede the point, there isn't much around that's funnier than them these days. Though QPR are doing their best.
I see the proposed new ground has hit a snag, the land they said they'd agreed to buy isn't for sale and the owners never agreed a sale or said they'd talk about it. If Cardiff are comedy gold, QPR get silver!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Goodbye Ole on 12:30 - Sep 17 with 1065 viewsDevz00

Expanding too fast?

That is the best post you've ever put on here, IMO.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Goodbye Ole on 12:55 - Sep 17 with 1012 viewsmorningstar

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5919865/Ole-Goner-Solksjaer-

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Goodbye Ole on 13:10 - Sep 17 with 960 viewskopperburgjack

On sky sports just now, solsjkaer is in London have a meeting with the club owners !!

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Goodbye Ole on 13:17 - Sep 17 with 936 viewsHugeEnkins

Goodbye Ole on 13:10 - Sep 17 by kopperburgjack

On sky sports just now, solsjkaer is in London have a meeting with the club owners !!

I'm hoping he gets a vote of confidence then loses the next 3 or 4 before getting the boot.
Goodbye Ole on 15:37 - Sep 17 with 747 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Neil Lennon.

Wasn't he the man, who, in a Celtic press conference first coined the phrase "doing a Cardiff" ?

Oh PLEASE let this one be true!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Goodbye Ole on 16:35 - Sep 17 with 631 viewsairedale

I reckon that Vincent Tan should swallow his pride and ask Malky to come back.

At least Malky is known to be capable of getting them into the PL.

And the media would luuuurrrrvvv it.
Goodbye Ole on 17:05 - Sep 17 with 571 viewslonglostjack

Goodbye Ole on 13:17 - Sep 17 by HugeEnkins

I'm hoping he gets a vote of confidence then loses the next 3 or 4 before getting the boot.

This. At least 3 more games - give the boy a chance.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024