Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Milliband must be replaced now! 07:43 - Sep 21 with 2164 viewsNOTRAC

The Scottish issue has shown once again what a weak leader Labour has in Ed Milliband.
Not only was his presence almost invisible in that his apparent support for greater powers for Scotland coincided to such a degree with those of Cameron and Clegg, but he has failed completely to see the trap that he has now fallen into.
The English parliament for the English is now the Tory battle cry.This of course would mean that the Scottish representatives in Parliament would not be able to vote on English laws.As very few of those Scottish representatives are conservatives, Labour would lose out to the extent that even with a majority they would find it difficult to govern ,lacking the Scottish Labour vote on major issues.
The fact also that it was Gordon Brown that made the biggest impact in Scotland shows what little impact Milliband had.
The latest opinion polls in the Times today shows Labour(36%) leading the Tories (31%).however Cameron is the public's most trusted leader with 22% with only 16% supporting Milliband.
Again his support for the Barnett formula brings him into direct conflict with his Welsh Labour MPs.
If there is to be any hope of a change from Tory rule at the next elections Milliband must be replaced, and must be replaced now.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Milliband must be replaced now! on 20:39 - Sep 22 with 343 viewsLohengrin

Milliband must be replaced now! on 20:33 - Sep 22 by exiledclaseboy

I don't think it's uncomfortable for anyone to admit that Wales and Scotland rarely, if ever, vote Conservative. Every Conservative government in living memory has been elected on the back of English votes. That's just a simple statement of fact.

The Tories did top the vote in Wales for the European Elections in 2009. I would imagine that would have come as a massive shock to a lot of people at the time, not least the Tory candidates themselves.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Milliband must be replaced now! on 20:40 - Sep 22 with 341 viewsLohengrin

Milliband must be replaced now! on 20:18 - Sep 21 by monmouth

People like Michael Foot and Tony Benn are idealists not chameleon lizardlike scumbags. Therefore making them political leaders is doomed to failure. If they had been pretend idealists, like Thatcher, and said one thing and done another to get and keep power they might have done better, and we might have a fairer society. That duplicity didn't work for Kinnock obviously, but nothing can save a ginger lump of sh*t I guess. I respected John Major too (even after the incredible lapse of judgement implied in swapping fluids with The Currie), even though temperamentally I don't think he was really cut out for it.

Benn was a complete non-entity in comparison to Michael Foot.

Milliband must be replaced now! on 20:41 - Sep 22 with 340 viewsexiledclaseboy

Milliband must be replaced now! on 20:39 - Sep 22 by Lohengrin

The Tories did top the vote in Wales for the European Elections in 2009. I would imagine that would have come as a massive shock to a lot of people at the time, not least the Tory candidates themselves.

By less than a percentage point if I remember right. Even Plaid got nearly 20% in that one, and UKIP over 10%. That really was a case of "anyone but Labour".

Poll: Tory leader

Milliband must be replaced now! on 20:43 - Sep 22 with 337 viewsLohengrin

Milliband must be replaced now! on 20:41 - Sep 22 by exiledclaseboy

By less than a percentage point if I remember right. Even Plaid got nearly 20% in that one, and UKIP over 10%. That really was a case of "anyone but Labour".

Still, it beggared belief.

Milliband must be replaced now! on 22:58 - Sep 22 with 294 viewsDr_Winston

Milliband must be replaced now! on 20:40 - Sep 22 by Lohengrin

Benn was a complete non-entity in comparison to Michael Foot.

It's amusing to see the change in opinion with regards to Benn. In the 70's he was a member of the bastard squad. A leftie agitator with no chance of power, but a real pain in the arse to the main party. Compare to his later rep as an almost grandfatherly figure it's clear that time has an effect on reputation.

Would never, ever have voted for him or anyone else espousing the same views but it's hard not to hold a modicum of respect.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Milliband must be replaced now! on 11:47 - Sep 23 with 258 viewsCatullus

Milliband must be replaced now! on 20:02 - Sep 22 by trampie

What's relevant is, it was the English electorate that run a mile, the Welsh and Scots voted for it, the break up of the UK is coming, like I said before a ball was kicked not this time of asking but the next time, if England want different things to Wales and Scotland then so be it, far from it for me to force what Wales wants on England but the sentiment is slowly starting to be reciprocated the other way around, well starting to be talked about anyway, the Celtic Autumn is here.

I love your certainty that the break up is coming. How close do you think it is? After all, the next millenium is coming, but we won't see it, none of us. In all likelihood, one day the union will break up. But I don't think it will be soon, not even if Scotland is gone in less than ten years, the rest of us are less aggressively nationalistic than Scotland.
They can say what they like, but the overtones of "hating England" were obvious. A day didn't pass without seeing or hearing a comment about English overlords etc.
As for us Welsh, I don't personally know a single person who wants out of the union.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024