Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
American owners 20:58 - Sep 25 with 31490 viewswestx

Any truth in the rumours that we are about to be sold to some Americans?

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

American owners on 13:38 - Oct 2 with 2444 viewsShaky

American owners on 12:10 - Oct 2 by Spratty

Excellent I raised this question in the other thread about investment a few days ago. It seemed obvious there had to be some way of circumventing any acquisition block that may be put on the Trust by other shareholders (presumably due to concern that any additional control it would transfer would significantly dilute the attractiveness and therefore value of their shares).

Perhaps we need to forearm ourselves with more detail re viability / effectiveness / mechanism (if we have not already) so we could be prepared to move quickly should such and opportunity present itself. Of course would depend on the likelihood of the shareholders blocking such a Trust acquisition in the first place — but where potentially partially limiting massive shareholder profits, it is best to be prepared for all outcomes.

The issue as I explained several pages ago is that if the potential acquiror is a Financial investor the actions that can be blocked with a 25% + 1 share holding become significantly less important.

If it were a strategic acquiror the approach would typically be to set up a new company "Newco" and finance it with debt and equity, acquire the target then seek to merge the two so that for example you could reduce the corporation tax payable by the interest on the debt. In such a situation the ability to be able to block special resolutions of the company would offer significant defences.

With an investment company that all changes, for example in terms of tax planning they could simply raise debt at the fund level generating a tax shield for overall fund profits, while indirectly achieving their target leverage.

Furthermore the ability Lisa mentions to block share issues without preemption rights is likely to to trivial, since I bet the shareholders agreement' and quite possibly the statutes of the company make provisions for what is known as a right of first refusal on share sales, that might just apply to rights not taken up say by the Trust because they don't have enough dosh in the event new share capital is raised.

There are a number of interesting possible implications arising from all this. However, not only have I not received my customary huge fee from anybody, but more importantly it seems highly unwise to discuss elements of a coherent response strategy in the event an actual offer does in fact materialise.

Oh and Lisa you may have been unfairly caught in the crossfire, when all you were doing was parroting Jackinoclue's waffle cum bollocks.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 13:42]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

American owners on 13:47 - Oct 2 with 2417 viewsSpratty

American owners on 13:38 - Oct 2 by Shaky

The issue as I explained several pages ago is that if the potential acquiror is a Financial investor the actions that can be blocked with a 25% + 1 share holding become significantly less important.

If it were a strategic acquiror the approach would typically be to set up a new company "Newco" and finance it with debt and equity, acquire the target then seek to merge the two so that for example you could reduce the corporation tax payable by the interest on the debt. In such a situation the ability to be able to block special resolutions of the company would offer significant defences.

With an investment company that all changes, for example in terms of tax planning they could simply raise debt at the fund level generating a tax shield for overall fund profits, while indirectly achieving their target leverage.

Furthermore the ability Lisa mentions to block share issues without preemption rights is likely to to trivial, since I bet the shareholders agreement' and quite possibly the statutes of the company make provisions for what is known as a right of first refusal on share sales, that might just apply to rights not taken up say by the Trust because they don't have enough dosh in the event new share capital is raised.

There are a number of interesting possible implications arising from all this. However, not only have I not received my customary huge fee from anybody, but more importantly it seems highly unwise to discuss elements of a coherent response strategy in the event an actual offer does in fact materialise.

Oh and Lisa you may have been unfairly caught in the crossfire, when all you were doing was parroting Jackinoclue's waffle cum bollocks.

Thanks, agree about not publicising that is why I did not push my initial question to this effect, until it was brought up again here.
American owners on 14:01 - Oct 2 with 2377 viewslondonlisa2001

American owners on 13:38 - Oct 2 by Shaky

to be fair Shaky, you can tell that you usually command a 'huge fee' for such insights as 'I hope that the purchasers remember that the enterprise value of the company should be equity value plus net debt' and 'having updated my valuation figure (based on what exactly??) I find that the value of the club is somewhere between £100m and £150m giving a mid point valuation of £125m' ....

Anyway, shouldn't you be spending your hugely valuable time somewhere other than chatting nonsense about a club you have little interest in or knowledge of? You may want to instead spend it paying Sky bills, or gas bills or something similar for your friend the time lord - or was it crime lord ...!!
American owners on 14:07 - Oct 2 with 2360 viewsWatchman

American owners on 12:07 - Oct 2 by Spratty

Funny how we beat quite a few of them under him huh (including as I recall the Champions League Champions, plus the Premier League Champions, plus Arsenal plus Liverpool all at theirs) as well as our first ever major cup and great European run — think what we could have done if he really had ambition .

As for mention by another poster of never achieving 8th except by fluke….. we were one disallowed good goal (Brom at theirs) away from it the season before last (despite our disappointing final game against Fulham). We had a great Europa and FA cup run last season and a decent PL finish, despite our major key injuries. The likes of ManU, Liverpool and Everton are looking to be on poor form this season and the latter 2 distracted by Europe. Spurs are looking wobbly too. Even ManC not at their best and we outclassed the current main contenders Chelsea in the first half at theirs. Do we truly believe we cannot have a hope to emulate our previous achievements (made when the top teams were strong) with our current team and currently fortuitous downturn in some of the higher teams?

Laudrup said we needed more investment to realistically compete at the very top level of the PL in an ongoing basis, but his stated desire was merely to strengthen. Seems the Board agree. We have already upped our investment to get the team we currently have (which many see as our strongest team ever) including 2 quality strikers. As the post says “Swansea’s wage bill is bigger than it has been at any stage in their history” and quality free transfers are rarely free.

Personally I would rather the cut and thrust of achieving over the odds rather than the bland expectation of winning every game and being disappointed if we did not. Throwing masses of money at spoilt millionaires when at the end of the day they still may not perform — as we have in the past proved against them with heart, skill, style and overachievement — the latter is the greatest joy of our team for me.

Spratty you tinker take my comment out of context naughty Jack you :D

The comment is not a dig at Laudrup the point being made is that competing/ competition is in the mind if a person keeps on saying that we are not competing then they and others start to believe it. That is true of anyone

If we were in L1 now we would be competion agst the likes of Swindon etc. Even if were were in L1 we are still competing( as a business/club) agst Prem clubs. Remember Martin Edwards' words there is no place in football for smaller clubs that is what he said at the very start of the life of the EPL!

SCFC is a commercial concern it competes for each and every day! on every level! that is what we all fought for

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

American owners on 22:14 - Oct 2 with 2228 viewslatchford

It's martin Morgan who wants his money out for personal reasons not other directors. The club have apparently halted work at fair wood because of cash flow issues.
American owners on 22:39 - Oct 2 with 2190 viewsraynor94

American owners on 22:14 - Oct 2 by latchford

It's martin Morgan who wants his money out for personal reasons not other directors. The club have apparently halted work at fair wood because of cash flow issues.

Clever use of the word apparently, careful what you post

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

American owners on 22:43 - Oct 2 with 2176 viewsSpratty

American owners on 14:07 - Oct 2 by Watchman

Spratty you tinker take my comment out of context naughty Jack you :D

The comment is not a dig at Laudrup the point being made is that competing/ competition is in the mind if a person keeps on saying that we are not competing then they and others start to believe it. That is true of anyone

If we were in L1 now we would be competion agst the likes of Swindon etc. Even if were were in L1 we are still competing( as a business/club) agst Prem clubs. Remember Martin Edwards' words there is no place in football for smaller clubs that is what he said at the very start of the life of the EPL!

SCFC is a commercial concern it competes for each and every day! on every level! that is what we all fought for

Well said
American owners on 23:35 - Oct 2 with 2141 viewsUxbridge

American owners on 22:14 - Oct 2 by latchford

Yeah, Morgans broke. That'll be it. That's probably the daftest rumour to date.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

American owners on 23:43 - Oct 2 with 2117 viewsperchrockjack

Little sign of any discussion then ...

Just as well.

Still, if it ain't your money uou won't be truly arsed.

Easier to bitch from sidelines.

Serious question, we ve seen the board questioned as to their ability now their motives.

If I was reading this stuff on here I d out my money out and let those who know best get on with it.

If we have people who don't make money on their investment then we re in shuite.

If we weren't making money is the time to worry

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

American owners on 23:53 - Oct 2 with 2109 viewsjackonicko

American owners on 23:35 - Oct 2 by Uxbridge

Yeah, Morgans broke. That'll be it. That's probably the daftest rumour to date.

Hope not. Those American investors will have nowhere to stay after the game Saturday...
American owners on 00:05 - Oct 3 with 2085 viewsSpratty

American owners on 23:43 - Oct 2 by perchrockjack

Little sign of any discussion then ...

Just as well.

Still, if it ain't your money uou won't be truly arsed.

Easier to bitch from sidelines.

Serious question, we ve seen the board questioned as to their ability now their motives.

If I was reading this stuff on here I d out my money out and let those who know best get on with it.

If we have people who don't make money on their investment then we re in shuite.

If we weren't making money is the time to worry

Thought there was a lot of balanced argument and few could question what the Board have achieved

However prudence would have us prepare for all eventualities especially where such massive profits are on offer, that would be difficult for many to ignore when they come to a potentially optimum level

Unless you prefer our forum to look like this

American owners on 00:11 - Oct 3 with 2076 viewsperchrockjack

That s a truly good reply and one I appreciate.

Sorry but again the thread was soured by insults.

It's a good subject as it hoes to the heart of the club..

You have to bear in mind I've seen some complete tosses running our club in the past .at least this lot have our club interest at heart and have done, I would say, a good job in attracting players and managers so I d rather not feck them off and have them pull the plug. It could happen and plenty of chairmen have walked away at other clubs.

Anyway, a very goodnight to uou and hope we both see the new dawn

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

American owners on 00:17 - Oct 3 with 2072 viewsSpratty

American owners on 00:11 - Oct 3 by perchrockjack

That s a truly good reply and one I appreciate.

Sorry but again the thread was soured by insults.

It's a good subject as it hoes to the heart of the club..

You have to bear in mind I've seen some complete tosses running our club in the past .at least this lot have our club interest at heart and have done, I would say, a good job in attracting players and managers so I d rather not feck them off and have them pull the plug. It could happen and plenty of chairmen have walked away at other clubs.

Anyway, a very goodnight to uou and hope we both see the new dawn

Fair points

Nighty night PRJ sleep tight
American owners on 00:10 - Dec 14 with 1814 viewsBobJack

Apart from some directors wishing to sell some shares, any new news ?
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 0:21]

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

American owners on 00:15 - Dec 14 with 1800 viewsDJack

American owners on 00:10 - Dec 14 by BobJack

Apart from some directors wishing to sell some shares, any new news ?
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 0:21]

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/130384/page:1#.VIzWaH96-

Try this for size.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

American owners on 00:19 - Dec 14 with 1788 viewsBobJack

American owners on 00:15 - Dec 14 by DJack

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/130384/page:1#.VIzWaH96-

Try this for size.

I don't have much time to read it all. Has anything significant changed in last few months ?

American owners on 00:28 - Dec 14 with 1769 viewsDJack

American owners on 00:19 - Dec 14 by BobJack

I don't have much time to read it all. Has anything significant changed in last few months ?

T2C is still ranting, so no there... but to be fair, his heart is in the right place (I think). Apparently the investment is actually the yanks buying some existing shares, so no investment and HJ rates the chances of this happening as 50/50. HJ has also expressed his support for the Trust - so at least one ally.

So keep up to date and when we have news rally support and act accordingly!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

American owners on 00:45 - Dec 14 with 1736 viewsBobJack

American owners on 00:28 - Dec 14 by DJack

T2C is still ranting, so no there... but to be fair, his heart is in the right place (I think). Apparently the investment is actually the yanks buying some existing shares, so no investment and HJ rates the chances of this happening as 50/50. HJ has also expressed his support for the Trust - so at least one ally.

So keep up to date and when we have news rally support and act accordingly!

Cheers.

If someone who owns shares in tesco wants to sell, and I buy them. Tesco have no more money to invest, just ownership has changed.

Simple really. Is this any different ?

Apart from the fact that the Trust and Huw ( the board ) can ensure a complete knob head, does not buy the shares ? They have control, whereas any plonker can buy Tesco shares.

They would be a plonker too, as Aldi and Lidl sell better food for less, going off track a bit. Apologies.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 0:48]

American owners on 00:49 - Dec 14 with 1727 viewsDJack

American owners on 00:45 - Dec 14 by BobJack

Cheers.

If someone who owns shares in tesco wants to sell, and I buy them. Tesco have no more money to invest, just ownership has changed.

Simple really. Is this any different ?

Apart from the fact that the Trust and Huw ( the board ) can ensure a complete knob head, does not buy the shares ? They have control, whereas any plonker can buy Tesco shares.

They would be a plonker too, as Aldi and Lidl sell better food for less, going off track a bit. Apologies.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 0:48]

As it stands I don't know whether Huw and the trust is enough to stop idiots from hijacking our club. We don't want ownership from people who just don't get it do we!

American owners on 01:58 - Dec 14 with 1693 viewsScoobyWho

If nobody sells nobody buys,. It isn't that complicated and vica versa.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

American owners on 00:42 - Dec 16 with 1529 viewsBobJack

Why did Westx get so many down arrows for op ?

American owners on 23:02 - Nov 5 with 946 viewsSoberBaker

American owners on 15:27 - Sep 26 by westx

Been meaning to ask as well why the opening post was down arrowed by three people. Did you not like the wording on the original question?

I've been away for a while.

Which little weasel are you then?

AMOW

American owners on 23:07 - Nov 5 with 926 viewsSoberBaker

American owners on 00:42 - Dec 16 by BobJack

Why did Westx get so many down arrows for op ?

You banned, Bob?

Or did you delete your account?

AMOW

American owners on 23:17 - Nov 5 with 907 viewsDarran

American owners on 23:07 - Nov 5 by SoberBaker

You banned, Bob?

Or did you delete your account?

He's banned.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024