Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leigh Dineen 17:24 - Sep 29 with 9159 viewsjack247

Apologies for my ignorance, but why the bad feeling towards him from some people on here?
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:10 - Sep 29 with 2272 viewsacejack3065

Leigh Dineen on 21:58 - Sep 29 by Pacemaker

He still runs a vending company doing sweets and the like, I wasn't aware he worked full time at the club tbh

Official Twitter account. - Vice Chairman Swansea City AFC Owner Bulk Vending Systems LTD Director CCB Supplies LTD All views expressed are my own.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 22:03]

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:29 - Sep 29 with 2139 viewsLiberty

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:10 - Sep 29 by acejack3065

Well that was a shorter leaving speech than your last one.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Leigh Dineen on 05:56 - Sep 30 with 2030 viewsDr_Winston

Leigh Dineen on 21:58 - Sep 29 by Pacemaker

He still runs a vending company doing sweets and the like, I wasn't aware he worked full time at the club tbh

Official Twitter account. - Vice Chairman Swansea City AFC Owner Bulk Vending Systems LTD Director CCB Supplies LTD All views expressed are my own.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 22:03]

He doesn't work full time at the club, which might be part of the problem.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leigh Dineen on 08:15 - Sep 30 with 1942 views1jack

So we are in our 4th season in the most lucrative league in the world, we are currently 5th and making money.
Carrying on making mistakes please Mr. Dineen.
Leigh Dineen on 09:47 - Sep 30 with 1875 viewsjacksinceever

Leigh Dineen on 08:15 - Sep 30 by 1jack

So we are in our 4th season in the most lucrative league in the world, we are currently 5th and making money.
Carrying on making mistakes please Mr. Dineen.

I agree.
Our club is so mistake riddled we should sack them and sell out to a true knowledgeable guy like Tan who can take us to the promised land - the Conference
FFS people slag off Leigh and others who have made mistakes.
At the end of the day the work these guys put in so we can moan about our badly run club was unsurpassed in my opinion.
How quick we forget about Petty et all, - we'd have given our collective right arms to be in the position where all we had to moan about was some advertising boards or whatever.
Leigh is human with all the normal frailties, not Judas Escariot.
Leigh Dineen on 09:58 - Sep 30 with 1851 viewsbudegan

Leigh Dineen on 05:56 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

Ah, my bad - I assumed he'd be a f/t club employee.
Leigh Dineen on 11:26 - Sep 30 with 1781 viewstomdickharry

Leigh Dineen on 05:56 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

Extract from Trust Board Minutes 7 October 2013.

Commercial Department now headed full time by Vice Chairman, Leigh Dineen.
Leigh Dineen on 12:14 - Sep 30 with 1731 viewsSwanseajill

Leigh Dineen on 20:52 - Sep 29 by Davillin

I never promised shit. You sound like T2C -- is he your mentor?

What I do or do not do is none of your business. Stop trying to be a gadfly and stop bothering me with your triviality. Satisfactorily answered?

p.s. For you and all of the other mini-Chrissies who actually think they're embarrassing or annoying me by peddlng that childish falsehood, I'm "back" because as I see it, the site owner stubbornly refused to ban me, even though a majority of voting posters insisted and I repeatedly requested him to do so, and then he repeatedly begged me to not leave, and then insisted that I return.

Splunge.

And I for one am very glad to see you back Dav.
We need variety on here, other than those that believe they can outdo the previous post in nastier abuse, swear worse than the previous post, and be the most controversial than the previous poster.

#Stayforthejacks.
Login to get fewer ads

Leigh Dineen on 13:33 - Sep 30 with 1650 viewsJackhero

First Impressions last as they say. Over the years I have met many people involved with our club and have found them very nice and approachable. Leigh is not one of these unfortunately, and before someone else says 'but he re-mortgaged his house blah blah blah' he is still responsible for his actions and attitude, this does not give him a free pass to be as he comes across, which is mostly rude with a very high opinion of himself.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Leigh Dineen on 14:42 - Sep 30 with 1602 viewsFlashberryjack

Leigh Dineen on 09:47 - Sep 30 by jacksinceever

I agree.
Our club is so mistake riddled we should sack them and sell out to a true knowledgeable guy like Tan who can take us to the promised land - the Conference
FFS people slag off Leigh and others who have made mistakes.
At the end of the day the work these guys put in so we can moan about our badly run club was unsurpassed in my opinion.
How quick we forget about Petty et all, - we'd have given our collective right arms to be in the position where all we had to moan about was some advertising boards or whatever.
Leigh is human with all the normal frailties, not Judas Escariot.

To be fair....I don't see people slagging Leigh Dineen off.
Constructive criticism of a few things some people are unhappy with, is healthy for the club to progress even further.

Feedback from customers, whether good or bad is a healthy and correct way to run any business, this is good for both Club and supporters alike, it may help the board on decisions they may want to implement in the future, whilst still keeping the ethos of a fan friendly club.
I'm not happy trying to watch a game with led advertising boards stuck in my face, they're bloody awful, and I have a right to complain, so I have.

Mr Dineen and the rest of the board have done a fantastic job for this club, nobody with half a brain could possibly deny that.
But whilst accepting the accolades for getting things right, by the same reasoning they and others must accept the criticism when they get things wrong.
And in my humble opinion, they got this one bady wrong.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Leigh Dineen on 15:49 - Sep 30 with 1540 viewsperchrockjack

I find it hard to rip into Dineen and the board-and they have been- considering what they ve done for our club.
Only we could turn on them- and some have...

short memories

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leigh Dineen on 16:09 - Sep 30 with 1521 viewsDavillin

Leigh Dineen on 21:51 - Sep 29 by ScoobyWho

I tried to enter in to dialogue with you some Weeks ago, you took humbridge and decided to come over all feisty, I for one enjoyed your instant responses and level headed replies. Then you found a stash of controlled drugs, clearly consumed them - and started poorly thought out drivel like encounters with people for no good reason.

I merely asked the question.

First, I apologize for the rant in reply to your post, and offer this in my defense -- I have had my fill of falsehoods and insults, my alleged "faithful promise" being one of the the former, and often of the latter. That also explains your imaginary "stash of controlled drugs."

I will keep an eye out for your user name and be more considerate in the future.

"umbrage"

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Leigh Dineen on 16:10 - Sep 30 with 1516 viewsUxbridge

Leigh Dineen on 15:49 - Sep 30 by perchrockjack

I find it hard to rip into Dineen and the board-and they have been- considering what they ve done for our club.
Only we could turn on them- and some have...

short memories

The day we stop questioning the board is the day we might as well dress in red.

I don't disagree when you say the good needs to be remembered, and of course slack should always be given where intentions are honourable, but if things are done badly or dishonourably then I hope they get called out for what they are.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Leigh Dineen on 16:23 - Sep 30 with 1480 viewsperchrockjack

of course they shouldn't be above criticism but from what Ive seen it seems pretty personal stuff ,which isnt really surprising.
Ideally, as Ive been hammered before for saying, a full on experienced CE should be at the helm overseeing our progress upwards but -it mght be me- but I tend to see my arse when the BOARD are picked out individually .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leigh Dineen on 16:33 - Sep 30 with 1465 viewsjohnlangy

Leigh Dineen on 13:33 - Sep 30 by Jackhero

First Impressions last as they say. Over the years I have met many people involved with our club and have found them very nice and approachable. Leigh is not one of these unfortunately, and before someone else says 'but he re-mortgaged his house blah blah blah' he is still responsible for his actions and attitude, this does not give him a free pass to be as he comes across, which is mostly rude with a very high opinion of himself.

All personal opinions of course.

I got to know Leigh fairly well over a few years and found him perfectly approachable and not with a high opinion of himself. While agreeing that the board could be doing things better I doubt that there's a board of any other Club in the country who couldn't be criticized in a similar way.

And I wouldn't swap ours for any of the others.
Leigh Dineen on 16:44 - Sep 30 with 1377 viewsUxbridge

Leigh Dineen on 16:23 - Sep 30 by perchrockjack

of course they shouldn't be above criticism but from what Ive seen it seems pretty personal stuff ,which isnt really surprising.
Ideally, as Ive been hammered before for saying, a full on experienced CE should be at the helm overseeing our progress upwards but -it mght be me- but I tend to see my arse when the BOARD are picked out individually .

I've got no time for baseless criticism either.

We've already got a pretty experienced CEO in charge. He's been at the helm for the last 10 years and overseen a period of unparalleled growth. That's not an issue.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Leigh Dineen on 16:52 - Sep 30 with 1360 viewswestx

It is obviously fair to say that the current board have done a brilliant job to get us to where we are - something that most of us never believed would ever happen.

That doesn't make them immune from criticism though and for someone that earns £100k per annum from the club should be wide open to criticism when it is due. Our commercial department is a joke and has been for years and Dineen oversees this so he is solely accountable for anything that goes wrong with it. Doesn't mean they are his mistakes but he is accountable for it

And please don't get me started on his re-mortgaging of his house . He put in a small amount in 2002 and then the rest when the club was on an even footing and against the wishes of some other board members. By saying he re-mortgaged it sounds like he risked the family home which he didn't as he could afford the repayments by that point.

As a full time employee though he is accountable and some of his responses on Twitter to complaining customers are cringeworthy at best

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Leigh Dineen on 17:09 - Sep 30 with 1333 viewsfbreath

As a person in authority I am sure he expects to get called up on things that fans are unhappy with. It comes with the job description and the salary.

I do not agree with any personal insults.

I cannot comment on him as a person as I don't know him.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Leigh Dineen on 17:15 - Sep 30 with 1329 viewsBonjour

I've known Leigh for what must be almost 25 years. We are not best mates but I have always found him to be a genuinely good guy who always wants the best for the swans.

I don't do twitter so can't really comment on what he puts on there but there are enough examples around of people getting things horribly wrong on there. What you might say to someone's face doesn't always read the same in text.

I agree that whilst the board have done an amazing job it is hugely important that we as fans are able to question and criticise should we see fit. It just needs to be done constructively in a correct manner, rather than just abusing one individual.

Twitter probably isn't the best medium for that either.
Leigh Dineen on 17:18 - Sep 30 with 1320 viewsRancid

Leigh Dineen on 17:15 - Sep 30 by Bonjour

I've known Leigh for what must be almost 25 years. We are not best mates but I have always found him to be a genuinely good guy who always wants the best for the swans.

I don't do twitter so can't really comment on what he puts on there but there are enough examples around of people getting things horribly wrong on there. What you might say to someone's face doesn't always read the same in text.

I agree that whilst the board have done an amazing job it is hugely important that we as fans are able to question and criticise should we see fit. It just needs to be done constructively in a correct manner, rather than just abusing one individual.

Twitter probably isn't the best medium for that either.

Well said Mr.O
Leigh Dineen on 17:30 - Sep 30 with 1285 viewsDarran

I like Leigh he's always very nice whenever we meet.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Leigh Dineen on 17:58 - Sep 30 with 1256 viewsJJJack

Leigh Dineen on 11:26 - Sep 30 by tomdickharry

Extract from Trust Board Minutes 7 October 2013.

Commercial Department now headed full time by Vice Chairman, Leigh Dineen.

Good grief. A fact. On this site. I'm dumbstruck. Whatever next? A discussion about football tactics.......
Leigh Dineen on 18:02 - Sep 30 with 1247 viewsDr_Winston

Leigh Dineen on 17:58 - Sep 30 by JJJack

Good grief. A fact. On this site. I'm dumbstruck. Whatever next? A discussion about football tactics.......

If he's still running his own business as well then he's not full time, no matter how it's framed in the Trust minutes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leigh Dineen on 18:05 - Sep 30 with 1237 viewsJJJack

Leigh Dineen on 18:02 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

If he's still running his own business as well then he's not full time, no matter how it's framed in the Trust minutes.

Depends what you deem "full time". Many people hold multiple major roles in organisations simultaneously. I believe they manage this by a process known as "delegation". One can only hope the Trust is telling the truth since that's kinda the point of their existence IMO.
Leigh Dineen on 18:15 - Sep 30 with 1227 viewsDr_Winston

Leigh Dineen on 18:05 - Sep 30 by JJJack

Depends what you deem "full time". Many people hold multiple major roles in organisations simultaneously. I believe they manage this by a process known as "delegation". One can only hope the Trust is telling the truth since that's kinda the point of their existence IMO.

That all depends on what the Trust was told. They may well be under the impression that Dineen is devoting most of his time to the club rather than his own business.

I am also aware of the concept of delegation, so the sarcasm wasn't necessary. If he is delegating his duties at the club then he isn't full time. If someone else is running his business for him in the meantime then our commercial department should be running a lot better than it is.

In any case, a Premier League club should have a dedicated commercial director with no other concerns.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024