Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cost of Building a new Stadium v Expansion 11:01 - Oct 1 with 4675 viewsjacksinceever

Has anyone have a realistic cost of buying land, building a new purpose built stadium and putting in all the necessary infrastructure (from which Swans would then gain 100% of all profit from attendances, catering, car parking etc), as opposed to the cost of extending a stadium they will (as things stand) never own, have limited potential to expand or improve and pay out a large part of income to third parties (including companies piggybacking on the club's success by charging for parking, etc from which the club sees not a red cent)
Cost of Building a new Stadium v Expansion on 14:24 - Oct 3 with 521 viewsLeonisGod

Cost of Building a new Stadium v Expansion on 14:13 - Oct 3 by glynthomas

Perhaps its not to build a new staduim that is required but buy the land opposite where the industrial units are,build a multi storey car park,to take all the extra cars etc when they expand,build a an indoor arena for two football pitches and other sports that are lacking indoor facities,turn the area into sports village as such and have a link up with both universities in the city.

I seems legacy is the name which is a feeling you get off the board nowadays.

Big thumbs up from me. The only problem with parking is that the roads can't take the traffic as it is, so do they really want to encourage more to drive? Maybe when the link road is complete things might improve there. Indoor facilities would be a great addition. Presumably cost would be a major issue in all of this, as I can't expect sports facilities generally make much dosh. But a facility comparable to Llandarcy would be great for the kids teams in Swansea.
Cost of Building a new Stadium v Expansion on 15:10 - Oct 3 with 486 viewsglynthomas

Place the car park down in the corner by the roundabout and have link road straight onto the road,with the indoor arena,the things you can do is endless and can be used seven days a week,from holding football tournaments,tennis,baskteball,gymnastics to car boot sales,dog shows(!!!)wedding fayers.

I would say hold pop concerts but i think that needs more thinking with regard to how many people to hold,sound and wear and tear thats involved.

You could also build an hotel though a travelodge or a premier inn would get a foothold there.
Cost of Building a new Stadium v Expansion on 15:24 - Oct 3 with 473 viewsllareggub

an indoor arena are you mad where would customers of this indoor arena park even if there was a multi storey car park it wouldnt even touch the numbers needed ...........also lots are failing to understand we went into a 3 cornered agreement with the council an ospreys ask yourselves what if we had languished in the lower leagues with gates of 2k an the ospreys were doing well an suggesting buying the stadium an charging us rent would we have that not bloody likely as rents go up an our postion would be seriously undermined .........we have a great stadium we pay very little for it ............my only gripe with the stadium is it shouldnt be where it is , based on when you build a stadium on an island you have all the problems associated with getting people an cars on an off that island , as i said great stadium wrong place .
Cost of Building a new Stadium v Expansion on 15:42 - Oct 3 with 461 viewsglynthomas

...feck sake not talking about an NEC size arena,but a sporting arena,Swans be using it for their academy etc but can be used for the community on other times.

Where would you like to play football from November till March on a windswept/snowy/freezing astro turf pitch with rain pissing down or on an a dry 3g football pitch indoors. Anything that shows its 2015 not the 1990's must be a plus.
Cost of Building a new Stadium v Expansion on 15:56 - Oct 3 with 449 viewsLeonisGod

Cost of Building a new Stadium v Expansion on 15:24 - Oct 3 by llareggub

an indoor arena are you mad where would customers of this indoor arena park even if there was a multi storey car park it wouldnt even touch the numbers needed ...........also lots are failing to understand we went into a 3 cornered agreement with the council an ospreys ask yourselves what if we had languished in the lower leagues with gates of 2k an the ospreys were doing well an suggesting buying the stadium an charging us rent would we have that not bloody likely as rents go up an our postion would be seriously undermined .........we have a great stadium we pay very little for it ............my only gripe with the stadium is it shouldnt be where it is , based on when you build a stadium on an island you have all the problems associated with getting people an cars on an off that island , as i said great stadium wrong place .

Llandarcy Academy of Sport's car park would fit into the existing Liberty car park several times over. But that's just a pedantic point. Nothing wrong with the Liberty as it is, but I don't think that's the point of the thread. Agreed it's a sod to get to though.
Cost of Building a new Stadium v Expansion on 22:26 - Oct 3 with 405 viewsStarsky

Cost of Building a new Stadium v Expansion on 15:24 - Oct 3 by llareggub

And!

It's just the internet, init.

Cost of Building a new Stadium v Expansion on 15:22 - Oct 4 with 346 viewsllareggub

errr what do you mean by that can you clarify what you are asking me ..............cheers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024