Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tesco 20:30 - Oct 23 with 461 viewsSwanzay

Error or crime?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29735685

These comment sums it up nicely

I was a JP for 20 years.

Over time it became increasingly clear that poor people commit "crimes " for which they should be punished, whereas rich people commit "errors of judgement" for which they deserve sympathy and understanding because of all the pressures they are under...MPs, bankers, Tesco......
I resigned rather than continue as part of the farce.

Still calling him Sir
Still gets golden parachute payoff
Still gets full pension despite failure
Still no prosecutions for manipulation of a UK company many depend on for livelihoods

What exactly has changed since the financial crisis?

Tesco on 20:41 - Oct 23 with 452 viewsswanny

I refuse to shop in Tesco any more. *shakes head sadly*

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Tesco on 20:45 - Oct 23 with 443 viewsdickythorpe

Tesco used to be very good but now their quality has gone to the dogs. Sainsbury's is far better as is Lidl and Aldi.
Tesco on 20:49 - Oct 23 with 432 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I still use Tesco. They're going to become increasingly desperate so I'm expecting prices to drop further for a while yet.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tesco on 20:52 - Oct 23 with 426 viewsdickythorpe

Mike Ashley bought a load of shares a month or two ago in them so i expect things to improve......maybe Pardew will be on the till at a store near you.
Tesco on 21:10 - Oct 23 with 403 viewsPozuelosSideys

I dont have time for Tesco, but its 'error' rather than 'crime'.

What i do take issue is what the fck were the auditors doing? The same auditors who are virtually a cartel and the same auditors who held the accounts of all the major banks for years during and before the crash. Each and every one signed everything off. Yet no mention of their role? Hmmm..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Tesco on 22:21 - Oct 23 with 350 viewsjackonicko

Tesco on 21:10 - Oct 23 by PozuelosSideys

I dont have time for Tesco, but its 'error' rather than 'crime'.

What i do take issue is what the fck were the auditors doing? The same auditors who are virtually a cartel and the same auditors who held the accounts of all the major banks for years during and before the crash. Each and every one signed everything off. Yet no mention of their role? Hmmm..

Depends on intent. Flom what I've read so far, and the number of suspensions of executives, I wouldn't be surprised if Deloitte have dug up the odd email or two that suggests otherwise.

Re the auditors, the accounts for this year were 'unaudited' for those results that were restated with the 260m error. The Deloitte report suggests the impact on last year's audited results was only 25m, which is a rounding error for a company the size of Tesco. Or not material, in accounting speak.

Also, auditors do not have an obligation or duty to search for fraud.
Tesco on 22:30 - Oct 23 with 335 viewsmonmouth

Tesco on 22:21 - Oct 23 by jackonicko

Depends on intent. Flom what I've read so far, and the number of suspensions of executives, I wouldn't be surprised if Deloitte have dug up the odd email or two that suggests otherwise.

Re the auditors, the accounts for this year were 'unaudited' for those results that were restated with the 260m error. The Deloitte report suggests the impact on last year's audited results was only 25m, which is a rounding error for a company the size of Tesco. Or not material, in accounting speak.

Also, auditors do not have an obligation or duty to search for fraud.

Aye, they just have an obligation to themselves for milking all plcs for as much moolah as they can stuff themselves with whilst doing as little work as they can get away with. An expectation gap indeed.

In this case however, I also think they are in the clear.

Without knowing the ins an outs, suspensions and multiple instances points towards deliberate manipulation rather than error.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024