Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben injured then? 16:01 - Nov 2 with 4198 viewsQuakerJack

Or just not good enough for Spurs' bench?

Loan move in January.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Ben injured then? on 16:09 - Nov 2 with 3102 viewsSTEVE1

A bit of a puzzle that they went out of their way to get him and pay in the region of 10 million but is not getting much of a look in we need back up but cannot see us getting Davies back.
Ben injured then? on 16:12 - Nov 2 with 3085 viewsorion3016

Definitely worth an enquiry. they maybe looking for a new manager in January which could hamper us but you do wonder if pochetino rates him

Be over there now after

Ben injured then? on 16:16 - Nov 2 with 3063 viewsMrSwan

I have no idea why he bought him just shows how bad of a manager he is spurs need a new manager.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Ben injured then? on 16:22 - Nov 2 with 3039 viewsshandyjack

Ben injured then? on 16:16 - Nov 2 by MrSwan

I have no idea why he bought him just shows how bad of a manager he is spurs need a new manager.

can hardly say he is a bad manager after what he did at Saints last season, had a slow start and needs a good 18 months to sort out the mess at spurs

Poll: Expectation for the season

Ben injured then? on 16:43 - Nov 2 with 2951 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Watching them now it looks like they probably sold their best player to us

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Ben injured then? on 16:49 - Nov 2 with 2915 viewsraynor94

Ben injured then? on 16:16 - Nov 2 by MrSwan

He didn't buy him, it was the director of football baldini, he has to work with the players he's given

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ben injured then? on 16:51 - Nov 2 with 2900 viewsJackfath

Spurs are cack.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ben injured then? on 16:52 - Nov 2 with 2887 viewsWhiterockin

How many players can you loan from another Premier League club?
Login to get fewer ads

Ben injured then? on 16:53 - Nov 2 with 2877 viewsItchySphincter

We don't need Spurs's cast offs.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ben injured then? on 16:55 - Nov 2 with 2871 viewsMrSwan

Totenhams time in the premier league coming to an end

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Ben injured then? on 16:57 - Nov 2 with 2860 viewsorion3016

Ben injured then? on 16:55 - Nov 2 by MrSwan

Totenhams time in the premier league coming to an end

They're not that bad! Far worse than them but pochetino on borrowed time if they lose today

Be over there now after

Ben injured then? on 17:51 - Nov 2 with 2714 viewsJackfath

Villa are cacker

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ben injured then? on 17:59 - Nov 2 with 2687 viewsairedale

Wasn't impressed with Rose at all in the first half. Not a patch on Ben.
Ben injured then? on 18:08 - Nov 2 with 2641 viewsblaine_scfc

Ben Davies is so over rated on here it's unreal. He was a weak link last season and cost us plenty of times, would also be interesting to see his pass completion stats compared to the rest of the team last year.

Not good enough for a top 6 team and the Spurs management have identified that hence offering Danny Rose a four year contract two weeks after Davies signed for them.
Ben injured then? on 23:14 - Nov 2 with 2314 viewsKilkennyjack

I would certainly get Ben back. The only meaningful player we have produced since 2009. Thats half a decade now in old money. Ben is a young quality international player and i cant see any valid reason for not welcoming him back with open arms. Except his wages !

Beware of the Risen People

Ben injured then? on 14:07 - Nov 4 with 1959 viewsSpokenword

The only way we should take Ben back on Loan is if Taylor gets injured. What if Ben plays well if he comes back and Taylor drops to the bench?. If we are gonna sign a left back it would have to be a perm switch. We need someone at right back more than anything.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2014 14:09]
Ben injured then? on 14:08 - Nov 4 with 1954 viewsStarsky

Ben injured then? on 23:14 - Nov 2 by Kilkennyjack

I would certainly get Ben back. The only meaningful player we have produced since 2009. Thats half a decade now in old money. Ben is a young quality international player and i cant see any valid reason for not welcoming him back with open arms. Except his wages !

And Joe Allen

It's just the internet, init.

Ben injured then? on 14:57 - Nov 4 with 1887 viewswaynekerr55

Ben injured then? on 18:08 - Nov 2 by blaine_scfc

Ben Davies is so over rated on here it's unreal. He was a weak link last season and cost us plenty of times, would also be interesting to see his pass completion stats compared to the rest of the team last year.

Not good enough for a top 6 team and the Spurs management have identified that hence offering Danny Rose a four year contract two weeks after Davies signed for them.

So you'd have Taylor instead then?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ben injured then? on 15:13 - Nov 4 with 1849 viewsZut_Alors

Ben will come good. Can't believe he's getting such stick now from our fans. We go Gylfi out of the deal and he's been fantastic.
Ben injured then? on 15:17 - Nov 4 with 1846 viewsC_jack

Ben injured then? on 18:08 - Nov 2 by blaine_scfc

Yeah of course, Spurs were going buy a player and then decide if he's any good two weeks later.

He was put into our side way ahead of schedule, most players his age haven't played anywhere near the amount of games he has at the top level, it is not a two week project.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Ben injured then? on 15:46 - Nov 4 with 1817 viewsmonmouth

He'll come good. Not sure it'll be at Spurs though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ben injured then? on 15:50 - Nov 4 with 1807 viewsDewi1jack

Ben in the Standard says he doesn't want to come back here on loan yet

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ben-davies-admits-frustration-at-lack-o

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Ben injured then? on 15:50 - Nov 4 with 1806 viewslondonlisa2001

Ben injured then? on 15:17 - Nov 4 by C_jack

Yeah of course, Spurs were going buy a player and then decide if he's any good two weeks later.

He was put into our side way ahead of schedule, most players his age haven't played anywhere near the amount of games he has at the top level, it is not a two week project.

he's not 18 !

He's 22 or so isn't he? Older or same age as Shelvey? Older than Carroll, and not much younger than the likes of Gylfi.

he may well come good, but Spurs didn't pay £10m for a player to be, at best, reserve left back - it's not working out as they planned. I wouldn't be surprised to see him out on loan in January if something doesn't change. Either to a lower PL team, or even more likely, to someone at the top of the championship.

It's not been a good move for him at the moment - that may well change, but he's also lost his place for now to Taylor in the Welsh team.
Ben injured then? on 16:47 - Nov 4 with 1760 viewsC_jack

Ben injured then? on 15:50 - Nov 4 by londonlisa2001

he's not 18 !

He's 22 or so isn't he? Older or same age as Shelvey? Older than Carroll, and not much younger than the likes of Gylfi.

he may well come good, but Spurs didn't pay £10m for a player to be, at best, reserve left back - it's not working out as they planned. I wouldn't be surprised to see him out on loan in January if something doesn't change. Either to a lower PL team, or even more likely, to someone at the top of the championship.

It's not been a good move for him at the moment - that may well change, but he's also lost his place for now to Taylor in the Welsh team.

He's 21, and has played near 80 games at the top level in just two seasons, you won't find many other 19/20 year olds who will have done that, for obvious reasons, it's an incredible amount. It has taken Jonjo Shelvey twice the amount of years to reach the same amount of games.

IMO the slightly less intense period of games this season will benefit him in the long term significantly.

This has been done numerous times, Spurs paid for a young, exciting prospect that they could work on, not the finished article. They did not buy Ben Davies with the intention of getting 50 games a season out of him. They did the same with Chris Gunter, although on a slightly smaller monetary scale, but the same principle.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Ben injured then? on 16:50 - Nov 4 with 1752 viewslondonlisa2001

Ben injured then? on 16:47 - Nov 4 by C_jack

He's 21, and has played near 80 games at the top level in just two seasons, you won't find many other 19/20 year olds who will have done that, for obvious reasons, it's an incredible amount. It has taken Jonjo Shelvey twice the amount of years to reach the same amount of games.

IMO the slightly less intense period of games this season will benefit him in the long term significantly.

This has been done numerous times, Spurs paid for a young, exciting prospect that they could work on, not the finished article. They did not buy Ben Davies with the intention of getting 50 games a season out of him. They did the same with Chris Gunter, although on a slightly smaller monetary scale, but the same principle.

no I understand they don't want 50 games from him, but I'm pretty certain they were hoping for more than 50 minutes (premier league minutes that is).

he's a little younger than I thought - i thought he was 22, so my mistake.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024