Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH 16:30 - Nov 6 with 11935 viewsLord_Bony

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 16:10 - Nov 11 with 764 viewsZut_Alors

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 12:25 - Nov 11 by Lord_Bony

This is what I mean about narrow mindedness.

Does this "scientist" really believe we are the only intelligent life form in the galaxy?

How would he know wether we ve been visited by other outside intelligence or not?
Answer

He does nt , it s just one mans opinion.

Think you totally missed the message of the argument. Do remember he's talking about flying saucers and alien encounters, not the existence of outside intelligence, which I think you'll find most scientists do consider highly possible.

Two key points he made:
"It is scientific only to say what is more likely and what less likely, and not to be proving all the time the possible and impossible."

"I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."

I would argue that you could replace flying saucers for god and religious experience in general. We're considering the known irrationality of humans vs the unknown (and evidence lacking) supernatural.

Finally, and I don't mean to be rude here, but putting scientist in quote marks when talking about Richard Feynman is like doing the same for the "footballer" Messi or the "artist" Michelangelo. Have a watch of this fabulous doco on his life. He was the absolute antithesis of the type of scientist you described.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024