Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH 16:30 - Nov 6 with 12047 viewsLord_Bony

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 11:27 - Nov 7 with 1152 viewsParlay

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 11:17 - Nov 7 by WarwickHunt

Energy transference from a corpse is taught in every educational establishment in the world? Really?
Measured in joules, presumably.

Put that shovel down, FFS.

Energy transference from anything is taught in educational establishments, yes. Why does it matter if blood is pumping in the vessel? You seem fixated on the human definition of death, thats a very narrow thought process based on minutely limited experience. If a car runs out of petrol, its still a car. If you no longer use the car in its form and scrap it, its still made of metal.

Energy transference was one example of how our limited human knowledge can explain ONE form of life after death not the notion OF life after death itself. People of many cultures naturally bury their dead for this very reason as their energy transfers to the earth and thus plants and animals that will live based on the energy which in itself gave that human its life. But just for your information, a body wont even decompose without energy transference. Its a way of life, and seemingly, death.

So again i ask, what is life? Until this is confirmed the conversation will be fruitless.

I have mused that all living things have ONE thing in common, energy. Without it nothing "living" would exist. So my suggestion is that WHEN energy is transferred (not IF as you seem to be suggesting) then that basis of your own life does not die but alas continues in other vessels or forms. This wont be the conscious human brain synapse after life you seem to be perusing however but as we have established by the fact brainless plants are still alive, the ability to have thought process does not mean "life".
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 11:30]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 11:33 - Nov 7 with 1144 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Energy cannot die. It converts to another form.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 11:41 - Nov 7 with 1135 viewsParlay

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 11:33 - Nov 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Indeed, energy is something that cannot be created or destroyed - it is simply transferred.

If energy is life, then life after a physical death (as we have come to describe it) is guaranteed.

This is what i was trying to explain. This is ONE of probably an billion possibilities regarding life after death and this based on the minute amount humans have learned. The amount we DONT know is truly unfathomable.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 11:42]

Forum celebrity

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 11:43 - Nov 7 with 1130 viewslifelong

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 11:33 - Nov 7 by Brynmill_Jack

I'll probably come back as a fish, I've caught and eaten plenty of them in my time.🐠🐠🐠🐠
iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 11:44 - Nov 7 with 1130 viewsWarwickHunt

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 11:27 - Nov 7 by Parlay

Energy transference from anything is taught in educational establishments, yes. Why does it matter if blood is pumping in the vessel? You seem fixated on the human definition of death, thats a very narrow thought process based on minutely limited experience. If a car runs out of petrol, its still a car. If you no longer use the car in its form and scrap it, its still made of metal.

Energy transference was one example of how our limited human knowledge can explain ONE form of life after death not the notion OF life after death itself. People of many cultures naturally bury their dead for this very reason as their energy transfers to the earth and thus plants and animals that will live based on the energy which in itself gave that human its life. But just for your information, a body wont even decompose without energy transference. Its a way of life, and seemingly, death.

So again i ask, what is life? Until this is confirmed the conversation will be fruitless.

I have mused that all living things have ONE thing in common, energy. Without it nothing "living" would exist. So my suggestion is that WHEN energy is transferred (not IF as you seem to be suggesting) then that basis of your own life does not die but alas continues in other vessels or forms. This wont be the conscious human brain synapse after life you seem to be perusing however but as we have established by the fact brainless plants are still alive, the ability to have thought process does not mean "life".
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 11:30]

Ah - I never thought of decomposed matter becoming fertiliser as energy transference.

Quite prosaic then really. Thanks for clarifying.
iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 11:48 - Nov 7 with 1124 viewsPonderosa

"So what is life?"

LA LA LA LA LA, LIFE IS LIFE, LA LA LA LA LA

Bring The Missus

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 11:48 - Nov 7 with 1124 viewsParlay

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 11:44 - Nov 7 by WarwickHunt

Ah - I never thought of decomposed matter becoming fertiliser as energy transference.

Quite prosaic then really. Thanks for clarifying.

Energy transference comes in many forms, but it is the basis of life itself, what it doesn't do however, is die. So again, if life is energy and energy is life - as is being hypothesised, then it continues long after a physical human interpretation of death. Is energy not the only thing living organisms have in common?

Again i shall ask for a clarification of your view of what life is, before we can even begin to discuss whether it continues.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 11:51]

Forum celebrity

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 12:00 - Nov 7 with 1104 viewsBrynmill_Jack

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 11:48 - Nov 7 by Parlay

Energy transference comes in many forms, but it is the basis of life itself, what it doesn't do however, is die. So again, if life is energy and energy is life - as is being hypothesised, then it continues long after a physical human interpretation of death. Is energy not the only thing living organisms have in common?

Again i shall ask for a clarification of your view of what life is, before we can even begin to discuss whether it continues.

"The force" cannot be destroyed and as Star Wars was a pseudo Christian good vs evil story in church terms it's the fountain of life. The Holy Spirit, Spiritus Sanctus or Αγίου Πνεύματος in the original Greek.

It's difficult for some people to relate to but the spark of life Christians believe comes directly from God.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 12:29 - Nov 7 with 1075 viewsWarwickHunt

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 11:48 - Nov 7 by Parlay

"life is energy and energy is life" - FAR OUT!

I was taught that all living things have seven characteristics. Energy (whatever the f*ck that is) wasn't one of them. I doubt if much has changed since I was at school.

Still, being DImi, you pathologically have to have the last word.

Be my guest...
iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 12:56 - Nov 7 with 1061 viewsLord_Bony

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 12:29 - Nov 7 by WarwickHunt

I was taught that all living things have seven characteristics. Energy (whatever the f*ck that is) wasn't one of them. I doubt if much has changed since I was at school.

Be my guest...

Assuming you're talking about the seven processes all living things posess then of course we posess an energy or life force ...without it we would nt be alive.

What happens to that life force after we die is up to us a s adults to find out and draw our own conclusions.

You certainly won t find the answer in a school text book....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 13:20 - Nov 7 with 1049 viewsWarwickHunt

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 12:56 - Nov 7 by Lord_Bony

Assuming you're talking about the seven processes all living things posess then of course we posess an energy or life force ...without it we would nt be alive.

What happens to that life force after we die is up to us a s adults to find out and draw our own conclusions.

You certainly won t find the answer in a school text book....

Well, you sure as f*ck won't get any answers using abstractions like "life force."

"I'm afraid your life force is f*cked sir and it's too late to operate. Go away and get your affairs in order and prepare for a spot of energy transference..."

F*ck my eyes - what utter tosh.
iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 13:28 - Nov 7 with 1044 viewsdickythorpe

Baby Jesus wept!!! Some fruitcakes on here!! Doreen's having a Soreen!!!
iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 13:37 - Nov 7 with 1040 viewsNaughty71

I don' t wish to be flippant on this subject as it can REALLY cause offence to people, but the "logic" that people use to try to explain that they believe their spirit lives on sometimes borders on farcical.

"There is no proof that there is life after death"

"There is no proof that there isn't"

Disregarding the fact that the burden of proof doesn't lie with atheists but with believers, you could just as easily proffer because there is a wealth of literature on fairies, Father Christmas, Harry Potter (just as much as religious texts, and in some cases, more), that believers in these fictitious characters are just as valid?

Like I said, I just can't put it into words without it seeming flippant or condescending, there are many people who take comfort in their beliefs. I am not one of them, and without definite proof of and afterlife (I'm not talking about a grainy photo of "ghostly figures", or visits to mediums - who can be discredited with research on how they cold read people to glean information from them (see Derren Brown)), I will not sway my position.

Cold, hard, scientific proof. Possibly an interview by Wogan with a ghost would do.

See what I mean about flippancy? I'm sorry, strike that last remark from the record.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 13:43 - Nov 7 with 1032 viewsParlay

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 12:29 - Nov 7 by WarwickHunt

Be my guest...

You are confusing characteristics with things each living thing possesses. You seem to picking tiny parts of a thesis and completely making a hash of a retort. If you have something to add then be my guest, at the moment you seem a bit out of your depth and flapping around looking for the opposite opinion for whatever reason that may be. I assume its a realisation you have been a bit of a plum. But then again you have form for that. You are welcome back with some decent input at any time.

I will settle on the fact i apparently made up the notion of energy. What an achievement. *rolls eyes*
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 13:44]

Forum celebrity

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 13:45 - Nov 7 with 1029 viewsParlay

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 13:20 - Nov 7 by WarwickHunt

Well, you sure as f*ck won't get any answers using abstractions like "life force."

"I'm afraid your life force is f*cked sir and it's too late to operate. Go away and get your affairs in order and prepare for a spot of energy transference..."

F*ck my eyes - what utter tosh.

Yes we understand you do not understand scientific facts, we have grasped that. Maybe let those of us that do discuss it. You may look a bit less dim then.

Im still waiting for your definition of what you believe life to be. By all means tell us.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 13:46]

Forum celebrity

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 13:48 - Nov 7 with 1024 viewsParlay

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 13:37 - Nov 7 by Naughty71

I don' t wish to be flippant on this subject as it can REALLY cause offence to people, but the "logic" that people use to try to explain that they believe their spirit lives on sometimes borders on farcical.

"There is no proof that there is life after death"

"There is no proof that there isn't"

Disregarding the fact that the burden of proof doesn't lie with atheists but with believers, you could just as easily proffer because there is a wealth of literature on fairies, Father Christmas, Harry Potter (just as much as religious texts, and in some cases, more), that believers in these fictitious characters are just as valid?

Like I said, I just can't put it into words without it seeming flippant or condescending, there are many people who take comfort in their beliefs. I am not one of them, and without definite proof of and afterlife (I'm not talking about a grainy photo of "ghostly figures", or visits to mediums - who can be discredited with research on how they cold read people to glean information from them (see Derren Brown)), I will not sway my position.

Cold, hard, scientific proof. Possibly an interview by Wogan with a ghost would do.

See what I mean about flippancy? I'm sorry, strike that last remark from the record.

Science has a huge flaw. It cannot show what it doesnt know.

Forum celebrity

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 13:56 - Nov 7 with 1017 viewsWarwickHunt

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 13:45 - Nov 7 by Parlay

Yes we understand you do not understand scientific facts, we have grasped that. Maybe let those of us that do discuss it. You may look a bit less dim then.

Im still waiting for your definition of what you believe life to be. By all means tell us.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 13:46]

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 13:58 - Nov 7 with 1013 viewsParlay

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 13:56 - Nov 7 by WarwickHunt

As i thought. Next time maybe think before typing.

Forum celebrity

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 13:59 - Nov 7 with 1011 viewsWarwickHunt

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 13:58 - Nov 7 by Parlay

As i thought. Next time maybe think before typing.

My "life force" wouldn't let me.
iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 14:01 - Nov 7 with 1009 viewsParlay

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 13:59 - Nov 7 by WarwickHunt

My "life force" wouldn't let me.

By that do you mean energy? The concept that didn't exist before this thread? (Biologists look away now).

Forum celebrity

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 14:06 - Nov 7 with 998 viewsWarwickHunt

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 14:01 - Nov 7 by Parlay

By that do you mean energy? The concept that didn't exist before this thread? (Biologists look away now).

You are Deepak Chopra and I claim my five pounds.
iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 14:08 - Nov 7 with 996 viewsParlay

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 14:06 - Nov 7 by WarwickHunt

You are Deepak Chopra and I claim my five pounds.

Good one. You have an inability to understand simple concepts and i claim obviousness.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 14:10]

Forum celebrity

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 14:33 - Nov 7 with 984 viewsWarwickHunt

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 14:08 - Nov 7 by Parlay

Good one. You have an inability to understand simple concepts and i claim obviousness.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 14:10]

It's been fun toying with you Dim - unfortunately, I have meetings for the rest of the day.

Let Dara explain it... go straight to 1:52 in the unlikely event that you're pushed for time.

Toodle pip.

ps get in the f*cking sack.
iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 14:43 - Nov 7 with 978 viewsParlay

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH (n/t) on 14:33 - Nov 7 by WarwickHunt

It's been fun toying with you Dim - unfortunately, I have meetings for the rest of the day.

Let Dara explain it... go straight to 1:52 in the unlikely event that you're pushed for time.

Toodle pip.

ps get in the f*cking sack.

Apology accepted. Oooh a meeting, an actual meeting? Sounds unique. Tusk tusk.

Please don't mention your opinion that energy transference is a fairy story created on a football forum in your meetings, i don't think they will last too much longer if so.

My offer still stands about debating with you sensibly when you wish to gather an opinion and not just hector scientific facts... Oh and post youtube clips of irish comedians who in fact backs up my hypothesis as he condones science, which of course energy transference is as i taught you.

Yes toodle pip chap, toodle pip.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 14:51]

Forum celebrity

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 15:52 - Nov 7 with 953 viewsDavillin

iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH on 08:22 - Nov 7 by Nogginthenog

I was referring to the physical universe and us being made up from tiny atoms formed by the decay of dying stars etc. What we become once those atoms have arranged themselves into us beings with the ability to think and reason is an entirely strange phenomenon. In the end we all decay and die just like the stars that formed us. Whether a soul is left behind as some semblance of our existence is a mystery but it would be somehow reassuring to think it would.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 9:32]

Serious question: If "...the physical universe and us [were] made up from tiny atoms formed by the decay of dying start," what had those dying stars been made up from?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024