Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The future of SCFC 09:32 - Nov 11 with 40994 views_

Can we start a thread to get some structure at the meeting night before West Ham. I'm not going to the game and won't be in the country that weekend and I've also heard the Q&A session can be a bit ad hoc let's say. Dav and ARQS have asked some serious questions.

Do you think it's possible for the ones going to go in ready with structured questions?

I wouldn't necessarily want these questions on a public forum but I'm sure anyone that wants something answered can get their questions to the Trust people or the ones attending that night.

That would only take just a little organising and a panel could decide the best say 10 questions to take to Leigh and Huw. I'm sure someone at the event could also set up a video link or at least record it?
[Post edited 13 Dec 2014 15:26]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Trust Forum - London on 09:36 - Nov 11 with 6540 viewsUxbridge

We're not going to have a set Q&A. If you have prepared questions you have prepared answers. They're no fun. Plus, and I'm totally biased here, I have total faith in the London crowd to ask the sort of searching questions that many would like to see.

If there's anything specific you would like asked then I'm sure we could look to accommodate that during any lulls in the Q&A.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Forum - London on 10:04 - Nov 11 with 6490 views_

Trust Forum - London on 09:36 - Nov 11 by Uxbridge

We're not going to have a set Q&A. If you have prepared questions you have prepared answers. They're no fun. Plus, and I'm totally biased here, I have total faith in the London crowd to ask the sort of searching questions that many would like to see.

If there's anything specific you would like asked then I'm sure we could look to accommodate that during any lulls in the Q&A.

Sent the last one by phone and it sent too early and missed most out.

I don't want them to prepare their answers either but I'd like to guarantee the questions get asked and not leave anything to chance.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Trust Forum - London on 10:08 - Nov 11 with 6483 viewsDarran

Unless things drastically change within the next few weeks I'm afraid you won't be getting any answers at the Forum other than what you've already had.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Forum - London on 10:12 - Nov 11 with 6475 views_

Trust Forum - London on 10:08 - Nov 11 by Darran

Unless things drastically change within the next few weeks I'm afraid you won't be getting any answers at the Forum other than what you've already had.

You don't know the questions yet...

Trust Forum - London on 10:15 - Nov 11 with 6470 viewsDarran

Trust Forum - London on 10:12 - Nov 11 by _

You don't know the questions yet...

I know the answers though,Mr Jenkins won't be giving a lot away on the night it'll be a similar spiel to what the press have had.
We need someone there on the night to badger him,someone that can keep on and on at him.

Trust Forum - London on 10:20 - Nov 11 with 6459 viewsUxbridge

Trust Forum - London on 10:04 - Nov 11 by _

Sent the last one by phone and it sent too early and missed most out.

I don't want them to prepare their answers either but I'd like to guarantee the questions get asked and not leave anything to chance.

A fair comment. Like I say, can try and accommodate although only fair priority will go to those attending.

To be fair, I can't see us having a repeat of the Rangel question or my mate's tactical advice to Monk down there.

Trust Forum - London on 10:21 - Nov 11 with 6454 viewsgiantstoneater

Just joined the trust today although I may already be a member as a season ticket holder but hopefully a few pointed questions will be asked by those who go. Can we trust the investors, when they took over that baseball team what was their record and what state did they leave it in when they upped sticks. Personally I feel another Petty coming on only this one is a little bit more cleverer. If members of the board want to sell up couldn't they sell a percentage of shares to the trust. I have to state I have no idea how big businesses operate but there's something that smells very fishy about the whole affair.
Trust Forum - London on 10:22 - Nov 11 with 6451 views_

Trust Forum - London on 10:15 - Nov 11 by Darran

I know the answers though,Mr Jenkins won't be giving a lot away on the night it'll be a similar spiel to what the press have had.
We need someone there on the night to badger him,someone that can keep on and on at him.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, there needs to be a structured flow to the questions and all pertinent to the main issue.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Forum - London on 10:36 - Nov 11 with 6430 viewsmonmouth

Isn't it all about:

"In specific detail, how will the future of the club be protected in a legally and contractually bulletproof way?"

A prepared answer to that would be most welcome.

They won't answer of course...it will all be 'under discussion', 'trust us to do it' etc, but I reckon that question should always be in the forefront as the major focus of the debate and used to evaluate all the answers. Why, specifically, can we never become another Cardiff, Leeds, Portsmouth or Swansea 2001?

There's no way the discussion won't be sidetracked though. There are too many potential blind emotional alleys.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Forum - London on 10:38 - Nov 11 with 6420 viewsepaul

Trust Forum - London on 10:22 - Nov 11 by _

Yeah that's what I'm saying, there needs to be a structured flow to the questions and all pertinent to the main issue.

Trust me it wont be structured as said, however as also said all the pertinent questions will be asked, given it's the main bone of contention at the minute and as said again wether we get the answers we want.......

In fairness the ones weve had up here have been quite relaxed and I think Huw is a bit more open in answering the questions

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Trust Forum - London on 12:37 - Nov 11 with 6336 viewsClinton

Are you saying you want an agenda ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Trust Forum - London on 13:04 - Nov 11 with 6289 viewsskippyjack

Trust Forum - London on 10:15 - Nov 11 by Darran

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Trust Forum - London on 13:24 - Nov 11 with 6255 viewsSwanseajill

Trust Forum - London on 10:21 - Nov 11 by giantstoneater

Just joined the trust today although I may already be a member as a season ticket holder but hopefully a few pointed questions will be asked by those who go. Can we trust the investors, when they took over that baseball team what was their record and what state did they leave it in when they upped sticks. Personally I feel another Petty coming on only this one is a little bit more cleverer. If members of the board want to sell up couldn't they sell a percentage of shares to the trust. I have to state I have no idea how big businesses operate but there's something that smells very fishy about the whole affair.

I believe ST holders are not automatic members.
Personaly, even when we were given free membership I've always paid my subs. So,I wouldn't know for sure.
I reckon Phil will confirm this one way or another when he gets a moment to read the posts.
And a reminder for some, ..it's £5 for juniors or over 65
Trust Forum - London on 13:31 - Nov 11 with 6245 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Forum - London on 10:08 - Nov 11 by Darran

I tend to agree with you !

The only question i would have (and I'm trying to move stuff to see if I can be there - irritating that it's now the Saturday rather than Friday when I could have definitely attended) - does the board understand that the word 'investment' only applies if money goes to the club not to existing shareholders. There are 2 ways in which this can happen - new shares or loans, and which mechanism do the board envisage being used.

On a more general note - there is a part of me that wondered how Huw and the board felt when the second went in on Sunday. I don't doubt for one second them being genuine and fervent supporters of the team as much as well are, but the irony may not have been lost on Huw that his programme notes talked about not being able to compete, when 90 minutes later our team (minus several 'first choice players') beat a club that year after year is a nailed on champions league team. It seemed that the result in some ways contradicted the message he was trying to portray (and yes - I realise that it's a one off, and we can't compete with them week after week, but it should have certainly given them pause for thought).
Trust Forum - London on 13:35 - Nov 11 with 6235 viewsgiantstoneater

Trust Forum - London on 13:24 - Nov 11 by Swanseajill

I believe ST holders are not automatic members.
Personaly, even when we were given free membership I've always paid my subs. So,I wouldn't know for sure.
I reckon Phil will confirm this one way or another when he gets a moment to read the posts.
And a reminder for some, ..it's £5 for juniors or over 65

Thanks Swansea Jill used to be a member but lapsed but see the trust as the true voice of the club so have reunion for the fight which I believe will come. I don't like the way we are being drip Fed with the news on this "investment" although I concede that it may happen but having read Davillins initial thoughts on the new investors perhaps we should steer clear on this occasion.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2014 20:51]
Trust Forum - London on 12:22 - Dec 10 with 6012 views_

Trust Forum - London on 09:36 - Nov 11 by Uxbridge

"""I have total faith in the London crowd to ask the sort of searching questions that many would like to see. """

Trust Forum - London on 12:27 - Dec 10 with 5989 views_

More questions need answering now starting with why someone on the Trust Board (Jim White) asked people not to feedback the meeting for the Trust members who could not attend or the general fan base at large.

Why is Ux and Jacko in hiding after this and WTF went on up there????

Trust Forum - London on 12:30 - Dec 10 with 5976 viewsSkewenJack

This is all a bit odd. Like it never happened.

Tell us what farking went on someone.
Trust Forum - London on 12:37 - Dec 10 with 5953 viewsDarran

Trust Forum - London on 12:27 - Dec 10 by _

More questions need answering now starting with why someone on the Trust Board (Jim White) asked people not to feedback the meeting for the Trust members who could not attend or the general fan base at large.

Please don't take this the wrong way but why don't you pop on to Jim Whites guestbook and ask him?

Trust Forum - London on 12:39 - Dec 10 with 5949 viewsjackonicko

Trust Forum - London on 12:27 - Dec 10 by _

Not hiding - just buried with work to do a full summary. I've posted a couple of bits on the board since sat night where it was relevant.

I tihnk what's happened is it finished late saturday night, a lunchtime game on the sunday and then the working week started. Noone has really had the time to do it. If others want to make a start, I'll add thoughts.

To be clear, no-one was asked to withold details - only that we were asked not to tweet etc during the Q&A itself.

Most people are interested in the new owners. HJ was pretty candid on the subject, and said the deal would only go through if it was right for Swansea. He also confirmed that some of the current shareholders would be selling (rather than it being the issue of new shares). HJ openly wondered what was really in it for the Americans (in terms of a return on their investment) and said he had asked them that direct question. In his view, he wasn't really sure what return they could get.

LD was also on the stage but to be honest was a bit of an irrelevance to the evening. HJ and HC were the main men on the stage and I think they endeavoured to answer every question they could.

As an aside, Chopper was excellent in the session preceding the Q&A (as was Lee) who told some great stories of his time with us - and them! Well done to Garbo for his efforts as MC too.

Ux is probably still suffering from the Vetch pasties he ordered for us.
Trust Forum - London on 12:50 - Dec 10 with 5914 viewsperchrockjack

so it would seem we are in the hands of Huw Jenkins entirely.

It depends on how you judge him as to how you feel about the future of OUR club.

I don't have the time or the money to invest as is the case with most on here so its a matter of trusting them.

You either do...or don't..

If someone doesn`t, then do something about it and by other means than a keyboard on a chat room.

I d suggest our current board s track record is pretty good and one which many many other bigger clubs envy.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Trust Forum - London on 13:09 - Dec 10 with 5859 views_

Trust Forum - London on 12:39 - Dec 10 by jackonicko

Not hiding - just buried with work to do a full summary. I've posted a couple of bits on the board since sat night where it was relevant.

I tihnk what's happened is it finished late saturday night, a lunchtime game on the sunday and then the working week started. Noone has really had the time to do it. If others want to make a start, I'll add thoughts.

To be clear, no-one was asked to withold details - only that we were asked not to tweet etc during the Q&A itself.

Most people are interested in the new owners. HJ was pretty candid on the subject, and said the deal would only go through if it was right for Swansea. He also confirmed that some of the current shareholders would be selling (rather than it being the issue of new shares). HJ openly wondered what was really in it for the Americans (in terms of a return on their investment) and said he had asked them that direct question. In his view, he wasn't really sure what return they could get.

LD was also on the stage but to be honest was a bit of an irrelevance to the evening. HJ and HC were the main men on the stage and I think they endeavoured to answer every question they could.

As an aside, Chopper was excellent in the session preceding the Q&A (as was Lee) who told some great stories of his time with us - and them! Well done to Garbo for his efforts as MC too.

Ux is probably still suffering from the Vetch pasties he ordered for us.

Well fair enough if it were still Monday - but it's Wednesday now and you and Ux are normally on here 24/7.

Why were you asked not to Tweet, Jack? What was the reason for that?
Who exactly is looking to sell and why?
When do they want to sell?
What due diligence has been carried out, if any on the Yank investors?
What is going on with the stadium expansion and why are we promised so much and have yet to see anything?
Why was the film so misrepresenting of the supporters and the Trust?
Why have we got people on the Trust board with direct business interests in the club?
What has happened to the mantra of the board being run by fans for fans?
Are they disappointed we are competing this season in the league after coming out and saying we could not be competitive?
How are the Trust (SCFC) protected and how much say would they have in a decision to sell?
Are dividends being paid out again this season?
And again - WHY WERE YOU ASKED NOT TO TWEET??
[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 13:11]

Trust Forum - London on 13:54 - Dec 10 with 5771 viewsUxbridge

Trust Forum - London on 13:09 - Dec 10 by _

Well fair enough if it were still Monday - but it's Wednesday now and you and Ux are normally on here 24/7.

Why were you asked not to Tweet, Jack? What was the reason for that?
Who exactly is looking to sell and why?
When do they want to sell?
What due diligence has been carried out, if any on the Yank investors?
What is going on with the stadium expansion and why are we promised so much and have yet to see anything?
Why was the film so misrepresenting of the supporters and the Trust?
Why have we got people on the Trust board with direct business interests in the club?
What has happened to the mantra of the board being run by fans for fans?
Are they disappointed we are competing this season in the league after coming out and saying we could not be competitive?
How are the Trust (SCFC) protected and how much say would they have in a decision to sell?
Are dividends being paid out again this season?
And again - WHY WERE YOU ASKED NOT TO TWEET??
[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 13:11]

Well can only speak for myself, but unless 24/7 equates to 7 posts since the 26th of Nov then you'd be about right You'll have to forgive me two things I'm afraid ... a) I had a very busy, and utterly superb, weekend and b) I've rather given up with this place for various reasons.

Anyway, the questions ... would have been great to have these before the event of course as I did offer to do what I could to arrange some answers, but never mind.

Can only echo what Jacko wrote really. HJ was candid as ever and gave me hope that he at least will act in the best interests of the club, and spoke quite passionately about the Trust and its future. Dineen, well, wasn't as comfortable up there or as forthright as the others but fair play to fronting up at least.

A fair few of those questions were asked (albeit in less incendiary way) and Jenkins was relatively honest that any deal still has some way to go. Stadium expansion was raised and the issue there is around financing really and getting that right. Little talk about the other shareholders, but then there was never going to be ... selling their stake is a personal decision ultimately and any comments would be speculation, and of course likely to be covered by any NDA.

You should have come Chris. The beer was good, the company was better and it was a top night.

Trust Forum - London on 14:07 - Dec 10 with 5745 views_

Trust Forum - London on 13:54 - Dec 10 by Uxbridge

Well can only speak for myself, but unless 24/7 equates to 7 posts since the 26th of Nov then you'd be about right You'll have to forgive me two things I'm afraid ... a) I had a very busy, and utterly superb, weekend and b) I've rather given up with this place for various reasons.

Anyway, the questions ... would have been great to have these before the event of course as I did offer to do what I could to arrange some answers, but never mind.

Can only echo what Jacko wrote really. HJ was candid as ever and gave me hope that he at least will act in the best interests of the club, and spoke quite passionately about the Trust and its future. Dineen, well, wasn't as comfortable up there or as forthright as the others but fair play to fronting up at least.

A fair few of those questions were asked (albeit in less incendiary way) and Jenkins was relatively honest that any deal still has some way to go. Stadium expansion was raised and the issue there is around financing really and getting that right. Little talk about the other shareholders, but then there was never going to be ... selling their stake is a personal decision ultimately and any comments would be speculation, and of course likely to be covered by any NDA.

You should have come Chris. The beer was good, the company was better and it was a top night.

These question would have been great to have beforehand?? Are you serious?

As far as I'm seeing all this then the Trust itself has done its members no favours at all.

It's not good enough. Something very fishy about it all.

We can "trust" no-one it seems.

Trust Forum - London on 14:09 - Dec 10 with 5739 viewsDarran

Trust Forum - London on 14:07 - Dec 10 by _

These question would have been great to have beforehand?? Are you serious?

As far as I'm seeing all this then the Trust itself has done its members no favours at all.

It's not good enough. Something very fishy about it all.

We can "trust" no-one it seems.

Uxbridge is covering up by the sound of it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024