Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US grand jury's decision not to indict? 20:35 - Dec 4 with 5630 viewsSwanzay

Why are they so against prosecuting the relevant white police officers, what going on?

Protests after N.Y. cop not indicted in chokehold death; feds reviewing case

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/03/justice/new-york-grand-jury-chokehold/

Same happened Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, Missouri.

So wrong, show the breadth of corruption in the US on these matters.

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 23:44 - Dec 4 with 1387 viewsicecoldjack

Im no lover of the law but have always respected it .

if a copper tells me to stop or pulls a gun im gonna do exactly what the fooker says !

In the recent shooting, if the guy had done what he was told then he would still be alive, no respect means things can go wrong.

No doubt it's a similar thing here with this new story, on a human level people will always try and push the boundries of the law especially on a one V one with a police officer, sometimes things go a bit wrong and exessive force is used but perhaps not intentionally , bottom line is yet again respect for the law , nothing to do with race at all.

I have to say that i could never be a cop in USA, they are very often left on their own to deal with some scary people, often being physically out muscled and indimidated , the criminals know this and play on it, again a lack of respect for the law is probably more of an issue than these incidents being linked to race or over zealous policing.
US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 00:21 - Dec 5 with 1353 viewsFree_Willy

72 Percent of African-American Children Born to Unwed Mothers
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2010/11/72_percent_of_africanamerican_ch

* 63 percent of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
* 90 percent of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes
* 85 percent of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes
* 80 percent of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes
* 71 percent of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes
* 75 percent of all adolescent patients in chemical-abuse centers come from fatherless homes
* 85 percent of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes

These statistics apply to African-American homes in disproportionate numbers. Compared with the 72 percent in our communities, 17 percent of Asians, 29 percent of whites, 53 percent of Hispanics and 66 percent of Native Americans were born to unwed mothers in 2008, the most recent year for which government figures are available. The rate for the overall U.S. population was 41 percent.
US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 07:41 - Dec 5 with 1313 viewsKilkennyjack

Free Willy - have you thought about 'why' ? What you seem to be saying is that americas poorest people have the most problems associated with them. Without education and opportunity its difficult to see why things might change. Recent events offer no way forward.

Beware of the Risen People

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 07:53 - Dec 5 with 1302 viewsdgt73

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 07:41 - Dec 5 by Kilkennyjack

Free Willy - have you thought about 'why' ? What you seem to be saying is that americas poorest people have the most problems associated with them. Without education and opportunity its difficult to see why things might change. Recent events offer no way forward.

More nonsense from you Kilkenny have you heard of "affirmative action" legislation in America, if you haven't google it. It may stop you from talking rubbish.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 08:53 - Dec 5 with 1286 viewsmbl1966

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 07:53 - Dec 5 by dgt73

More nonsense from you Kilkenny have you heard of "affirmative action" legislation in America, if you haven't google it. It may stop you from talking rubbish.

A bit harsh that.

Kilkenny has a point but his point seems to be a part of the problem. The US is a toxic mess of issues and contradictions as I see it. The American Dream is shoved down their throats day and night if you are willing to work hard and tv highlights instant success (?????). Sleaze and aggression v Godliness (no, I'm not saying that is religions fault in this instance). Obvious racism v the Land of the Free and a black President. Guns!!!!! Some months ago there was a programme on telly showing a church minister who lists the deaths ( in a 'black' area) and reasons for deaths. So many dead. So many by gunshot.

I pull my hair out in frustration at the football hierarchy not sorting out obvious cheating on the pitch but compared to the issues in US society......

Can you imagine banning guns now? It would be all out war.

The issues/actions in Furguson seem to have been extreme from both directions but what happened in NY seems rediculous (though the footage doesn't show the run up to what happened so don't show the level of resisting arrest). Selling tax free cigarettes shouldn't mean death. Was the strangle hold really necessary? Was it really necessary to 'put him down' on the floor?

All I see is a big man politely repeating that he couldn't breath time and time again until he became unconscious and died. Very sad.

Sorry it takes me so long to say stuff.

Top Mark

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 09:03 - Dec 5 with 1278 viewsShaky

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 00:21 - Dec 5 by Free_Willy

72 Percent of African-American Children Born to Unwed Mothers
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2010/11/72_percent_of_africanamerican_ch

* 63 percent of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
* 90 percent of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes
* 85 percent of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes
* 80 percent of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes
* 71 percent of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes
* 75 percent of all adolescent patients in chemical-abuse centers come from fatherless homes
* 85 percent of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes

These statistics apply to African-American homes in disproportionate numbers. Compared with the 72 percent in our communities, 17 percent of Asians, 29 percent of whites, 53 percent of Hispanics and 66 percent of Native Americans were born to unwed mothers in 2008, the most recent year for which government figures are available. The rate for the overall U.S. population was 41 percent.

Good news everybody -- the US fatherless statistics have just gone up:

Cop Kills Unarmed Black Man in Arizona

Rumain Brisbon, an unarmed black father of four, was shot to death in Arizona Tuesday when a police officer apparently mistook his bottle of pills for a gun.

About 100 protestors marched to police headquarters in Phoenix Thursday, demanding the department release the name of the officer who shot Brisbon. A spokesperson reportedly defended the shooting, saying, "This one went bad from the standpoint of how it ended, but the officer was doing exactly what we want him to do."

Full story: http://gawker.com/cop-kills-unarmed-black-man-in-arizona-1667104180?utm_source=f

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 09:11 - Dec 5 with 1275 viewsmbl1966

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 07:53 - Dec 5 by dgt73

It's also illegal to murder in the US and look at the stats on that. 'Legislation' regarding "affirmative action" has its flaws. As an ex-employer in the Midlands I 'bent over backwards' to ensure my staff reflected the mix in the area (just based on skin colour as I had no hope of covering religions as well). But it would have been easy to highlight any applications flaws to limit the field to people in my own racial/socio economic grouping.

This will be highlighted by certain posters on here who only see what they want to see but, and this might sound crass and gittish ( but it is only meant to illustrate, honest)' an employer can tick many boxes by hiring one black lesbian with one leg.

Top Mark

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 09:14 - Dec 5 with 1271 viewsShaky

Those who made it to the end of the Gawker story will have noticed the final sentence: ". . .police say they later recovered marijuana and a handgun from the SUV".

That makes it alright to shoot him does it? Well in the eyes of many it clearly helps to justify it, certainly in the eyes of racists and bigots.

One of the best writers ever at Gawker was a white guy who went under the pen name of Mobutu Sese Seko, and he wrote a brilliant article on how racism is institutionalised in the US on the occasion of the death of some other black kid. But it remains highly relevant to these types of discussions.

Here is a little taster:

The Dog Whistle Has Sounded: How the Right Talks About ‘Thugs’ Like Trayvon Martin

On Sunday, Bill Kristol, chronically incorrect steward of his daddy's magazine movement, dismissed liberals' and black activists' outraged response to the Trayvon Martin killing as "just demagoguery... mostly on the side of those who want to indict the whole society for this death." The following day, Rush Limbaugh said the response was "doing more harm to the black community than anything else." How blessed the black community must feel to have their best interests overseen by the living embodiment of everything wrong with white people.

Thus we've reached the inevitable conservative endpoint of any race conversation in the United States. Racism, violence, the horror of an entire community–these are mere emotional reactions cynically drummed up by "race hustlers," marshaled against a demonized white society. If black people are upset about black people getting shot, they have only themselves to blame for their unwillingness to forget about it. And if they're still so upset after so much time, they must have an agenda. After all, the victim was only a black boy.

Full story: http://gawker.com/5899322/the-dog-whistle-has-sounded-how-the-right-talks-about-

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 11:03 - Dec 5 with 1230 viewsJackhero

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 09:11 - Dec 5 by mbl1966

It's also illegal to murder in the US and look at the stats on that. 'Legislation' regarding "affirmative action" has its flaws. As an ex-employer in the Midlands I 'bent over backwards' to ensure my staff reflected the mix in the area (just based on skin colour as I had no hope of covering religions as well). But it would have been easy to highlight any applications flaws to limit the field to people in my own racial/socio economic grouping.

This will be highlighted by certain posters on here who only see what they want to see but, and this might sound crass and gittish ( but it is only meant to illustrate, honest)' an employer can tick many boxes by hiring one black lesbian with one leg.

Just a point raised here. I hear a lot of there are not enough of a particular race in certain Jobs. The one raised recently is to do with football and the number of Black managers in the league. The impression I got from the reports was they were trying to suggest there is an undercurrent of racism going on within clubs. I've not got the stats to reflect this or really an opinion on the racism bit. My own probably naive opinion is surely jobs are given on merit? Not whether your the right colour or not.
Also an experience I have witnessed are organisations keeping stats on the % of people in their organisation of a certain race.If it goes below a certain % then regardless of skills or experience the minority race will be preferred for the job. Also why is it when you fill out application forms they ask for your ethnicity? It shoudn't matter should it!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 12:17 - Dec 5 with 1195 viewsdgt73

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 09:11 - Dec 5 by mbl1966

So to meet the social diversity of your area, could mean not employing the best candidate for that job.

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 14:34 - Dec 5 with 1170 viewsmbl1966

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 12:17 - Dec 5 by dgt73

So to meet the social diversity of your area, could mean not employing the best candidate for that job.

On paper yes (though very rarely). Strange you should jump on this when you used "affirmative action" as a blunt tool earlier.

I have also turned away better qualified people in favour of lesser educated on the simple premise that their attitude and desire to work was far better. Fair to say, I've enjoyed working with a diverse range of people including, dare I say, homosexuals. There have been mistakes, but that's life.

Top Mark

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 14:40 - Dec 5 with 1163 viewsdgt73

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 14:34 - Dec 5 by mbl1966

On paper yes (though very rarely). Strange you should jump on this when you used "affirmative action" as a blunt tool earlier.

I have also turned away better qualified people in favour of lesser educated on the simple premise that their attitude and desire to work was far better. Fair to say, I've enjoyed working with a diverse range of people including, dare I say, homosexuals. There have been mistakes, but that's life.

So i take it most of the people who have been turned away, to help reflect the racial diversity of your area are white.?????

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 15:13 - Dec 5 with 1144 viewsmbl1966

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 14:40 - Dec 5 by dgt73

So i take it most of the people who have been turned away, to help reflect the racial diversity of your area are white.?????

Not at all. You will be pleased to know, evidently, that the majority of my staff were white. One or two, over the years were gay though.

I kept a socially diverse workforce, not because of legislation, but because it seemed to make sense from a business perspective.

I'm watching the Book Thief at the moment. I think you'd like it.

Top Mark

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 15:15 - Dec 5 with 1142 viewslondonlisa2001

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 15:13 - Dec 5 by mbl1966

Not at all. You will be pleased to know, evidently, that the majority of my staff were white. One or two, over the years were gay though.

I kept a socially diverse workforce, not because of legislation, but because it seemed to make sense from a business perspective.

I'm watching the Book Thief at the moment. I think you'd like it.

what is it like compared to the book? I loved the book - remember sobbing on a beach reading that a few years ago and have been reluctant to watch the film in case it disappoints as is often the case when you've loved a book.
US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 15:24 - Dec 5 with 1135 viewsmbl1966

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 15:15 - Dec 5 by londonlisa2001

what is it like compared to the book? I loved the book - remember sobbing on a beach reading that a few years ago and have been reluctant to watch the film in case it disappoints as is often the case when you've loved a book.

Hi Lisa

I haven't read the book, but I'm really enjoying it. It warms the heart from a 'Nature vs Nurture' perspective. Young innocence left to grow naturally will tend towards simple decency. I hope I haven't miss-interpreted where I think this is going.

Top Mark

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 17:25 - Dec 5 with 1080 viewsreddythered

A white/hispanic person was killed by a policeman, I believe African-American in heritage.

I can only assume those protestors in Ferguson will be protesting that one as vigourously.

Still, it's always nice to see groups with obviously vested interest protesting when they don't get the decision they want.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2014 17:26]

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 17:54 - Dec 5 with 1064 viewsShaky

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 15:24 - Dec 5 by mbl1966

Hi Lisa

I haven't read the book, but I'm really enjoying it. It warms the heart from a 'Nature vs Nurture' perspective. Young innocence left to grow naturally will tend towards simple decency. I hope I haven't miss-interpreted where I think this is going.

Where do you think it is going no0b?

Dinner, dancing followed by who knows what?

Misology -- It's a bitch

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 17:55 - Dec 5 with 1061 viewsLohengrin

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 17:54 - Dec 5 by Shaky

I nearly choked on a biscuit then!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 17:56 - Dec 5 with 1057 viewsShaky

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 17:25 - Dec 5 by reddythered

A white/hispanic person was killed by a policeman, I believe African-American in heritage.

I can only assume those protestors in Ferguson will be protesting that one as vigourously.

Still, it's always nice to see groups with obviously vested interest protesting when they don't get the decision they want.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2014 17:26]

You assume wrong, because whites and Hispanics aren't the racial types suffering completely disproportionately from police killings.

Source: http://www.vox.com/2014/8/21/6051043/how-many-people-killed-police-statistics-ho

Misology -- It's a bitch

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 18:20 - Dec 5 with 1044 viewsreddythered

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 17:56 - Dec 5 by Shaky

You assume wrong, because whites and Hispanics aren't the racial types suffering completely disproportionately from police killings.

Source: http://www.vox.com/2014/8/21/6051043/how-many-people-killed-police-statistics-ho

Spectacularly missing the point.

Claiming it's a racial thing whilst ignoring any racial link when the "killer" is one of your own, right? Not consistent.

Still, the braying mob clearly know far, far more than the grand juries who sat through all the evidence provided. Clearly must be a fundamentally racist setup, see.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 18:21 - Dec 5 with 1041 viewscontroversial_jack

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 23:12 - Dec 4 by VetchitBack

Thank god the US aren't so spinelessly cowed by the prevailing political orthodoxy.

Of course they are.They take their orders from a certain country in the middle east
US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 18:26 - Dec 5 with 1027 viewsShaky

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 18:20 - Dec 5 by reddythered

Spectacularly missing the point.

Claiming it's a racial thing whilst ignoring any racial link when the "killer" is one of your own, right? Not consistent.

Still, the braying mob clearly know far, far more than the grand juries who sat through all the evidence provided. Clearly must be a fundamentally racist setup, see.

People are shot all the time by police in America.

It is a daily occurrence, and while individual circumstances will vary what is important to look at is broad trends, if we wish to identify systemic failings.

Now I am busy this evening but having seen the picture of those girls left fatherless by the Arizona shooting I am in zero tolerance mode for bigots and racists. You get me?

Misology -- It's a bitch

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 18:30 - Dec 5 with 1019 viewsDarran

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 18:26 - Dec 5 by Shaky

People are shot all the time by police in America.

It is a daily occurrence, and while individual circumstances will vary what is important to look at is broad trends, if we wish to identify systemic failings.

Now I am busy this evening but having seen the picture of those girls left fatherless by the Arizona shooting I am in zero tolerance mode for bigots and racists. You get me?

"Now I am busy this evening but having seen the picture of those girls left fatherless by the Arizona shooting I am in zero tolerance mode for bigots and racists. You get me?"

Hahahaha I loves a bit of drama queenery.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 18:58 - Dec 5 with 999 viewsmbl1966

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 17:54 - Dec 5 by Shaky

You must have had a hard day Shaky. That was weak. Amazing how fare when you don't depend on cut and paste and just rely on spontaneous wit instead. I admit I thought better of you.

Top Mark

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 19:02 - Dec 5 with 996 viewsmbl1966

US grand jury's decision not to indict? on 17:55 - Dec 5 by Lohengrin

I nearly choked on a biscuit then!

Only "nearly" ho hum!

Must try better.

I prefer your work as a proof reader.

Top Mark

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024