Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bottom Line 15:40 - Dec 7 with 4955 viewsmacthejack

West Ham were the better team than us today and they got the victory they deserved. The refereeing decisions are irrelevant. Players did not perform to their best and despite all the talk we failed to deal with Andy Carroll. Pick ourselves up and dust ourselves down for the Spurs game, onwards and upwards!

COYS!
The Bottom Line on 17:23 - Dec 7 with 1236 viewsItchySphincter

We struggled today. The rest is semantics.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Bottom Line on 17:25 - Dec 7 with 1230 viewsoldcob

The Bottom Line on 17:20 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

nope - you're not stating facts, you're stating your opinion.

We were not 'outplayed'. We had an obvious strategy to allow them the ball at the back, to deal with their threat in the air and to counter attack.

If we had been outplayed, you would expect to see a string of great saves from Fabianski (which there weren't - there was one single save before our goal). We had the clearer opportunities and could have gone 2 up on two occasions in the first half.

We didn't play particularly well on the counter attack as we gave the ball away too cheaply - particularly from our full backs who were poor. We weren't the better team either. But we weren't 'outplayed'. A succession of balls lumped into our box with a crowd screaming for penalties every ten seconds does not mean we've been outplayed.

You do what you do to win. WHU played to their strengths, can't blame them for that.
The Bottom Line on 17:32 - Dec 7 with 1213 viewslondonlisa2001

The Bottom Line on 17:25 - Dec 7 by oldcob

You do what you do to win. WHU played to their strengths, can't blame them for that.

at no point have I said that I even slightly blame them ??
The Bottom Line on 17:41 - Dec 7 with 1188 viewsicecoldjack

Quite a few of our old guard didn't fancy a battle today , plain and simple .

Bartley,while a rate him lowest in the pecking order of our centre backs is changing my mind and playing 100% what he lacks in smartness he makes up with enthusiasm, even bollocking Ash williams today !

Our footballing principles are eroding though, we aint playing keep ball anymore and that's just inviting pressure, oh the irony !

We will bounce back but this was a fookin' horror show today make no mistake.
The Bottom Line on 17:55 - Dec 7 with 1163 viewsWhiterockin

Why do teams always undermine the opposition when they loose by saying that they played badly. Some credit must be given to the wining team.
The Bottom Line on 17:58 - Dec 7 with 1158 viewsParlay

The Bottom Line on 17:25 - Dec 7 by oldcob

Correct.

Unfortunately "doing what we need to win" is easier said than done.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 17:59]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

The Bottom Line on 17:59 - Dec 7 with 1149 viewsjackrabbit

A poor sub-par performance with absolutely nobody, bar Bony, worth more than 5/10, and Bony was a 7/10 on account of his goal, his near goal and his defensive work. Both fullbacks were exceptionally poor although I'd rate Richards higher than Rangel who was appalling. Here's a stat: i 'm pretty certain that Rangel did not complete a single pass all afternoon - not one. But he wasn't alone. Leon looked well off the pace and we can excuse him to a certain extent after his long layoff. Routledge also couldn't pass the ball and looks like a fish out of water on the right wing.

We played 30 seconds of football in the first half and we scored a magnificent goal. We didn't even manage 30 seconds second half.

A day to forget.
The Bottom Line on 18:01 - Dec 7 with 1132 viewsParlay

We were not 'outplayed'. We had an obvious strategy to allow them the ball at the back, to deal with their threat in the air and to counter attack.

If we had been outplayed, you would expect to see a string of great saves from Fabianski (which there weren't - there was one single save before our goal). We had the clearer opportunities and could have gone 2 up on two occasions in the first half.

We didn't play particularly well on the counter attack as we gave the ball away too cheaply - particularly from our full backs who were poor. We weren't the better team either. But we weren't 'outplayed'. A succession of balls lumped into our box with a crowd screaming for penalties every ten seconds does not mean we've been outplayed.

Nope we were outplayed. Its strange you hang on the pundits comments regarding the sending off yet happy to ignore them when we were obviously outplayed. They had more possession, more shots, more goals, more completed passes, a higher % of successful passes - how much more comprehensive do you want it?

Those are facts.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

The Bottom Line on 18:03 - Dec 7 with 1125 viewslondonlisa2001

The Bottom Line on 18:01 - Dec 7 by Parlay

Nope we were outplayed. Its strange you hang on the pundits comments regarding the sending off yet happy to ignore them when we were obviously outplayed. They had more possession, more shots, more goals, more completed passes, a higher % of successful passes - how much more comprehensive do you want it?

Those are facts.

whatever.
The Bottom Line on 18:04 - Dec 7 with 1123 viewsMagic_Michu

Angry entirely with the opening post... we weren't at our best but we weren't allowed to play.

Currently and on merit West Ham are the 3rd best team in the league and I'm not overly disheartened. West Ham pressed us all over the pitch and never really allowed us to get our game going. Tactically, they got it spot on.

I thought West Ham may fade, but I think they'll be up there towards the end.

I'd predict West Ham to finish 5-6th and we should end up around 8-10th.

Hopefully we'll dictate the play when they come back down here.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

The Bottom Line on 18:08 - Dec 7 with 1110 viewsblaine_scfc

We can not deal with the physicality teams like West Ham produce away from home, Bartley was the only defender in my opinion who looked like he could cope with the influx of balls piling into our box, he definitely deserves his shirt at present.

Rangel looked off his game today, doesn't seem fit and Routs didn't give his much, frustrated me when GM subbed Montero, I can only assume he was feeling the pace and tired. Personally think we should give Routledge a rest now and let Dyer have a crack.
The Bottom Line on 18:32 - Dec 7 with 1063 viewsRevJames

Predicatably, another goal conceded shortly before half time.....
The Bottom Line on 19:15 - Dec 7 with 1025 viewsParlay

The Bottom Line on 18:03 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

whatever.

Thank you.

Forum celebrity

The Bottom Line on 20:51 - Dec 7 with 940 viewsIslander

We were totally outplayed, outmanoeuvred.......out-ed

- get over yourself , eh
The Bottom Line on 20:56 - Dec 7 with 927 viewslondonlisa2001

The Bottom Line on 20:51 - Dec 7 by Islander

We were totally outplayed, outmanoeuvred.......out-ed

- get over yourself , eh

we were outplayed against Chelsea. We were outplayed against Man City for large swathes of the game. we have been outplayed on a large number of occasions since we've been in this league.

We were not outplayed today. We lost, we played badly in some areas, we defended badly against Carroll on a couple of occasions, but we were not outplayed in the match as a whole.
The Bottom Line on 21:02 - Dec 7 with 864 viewstomdickharry

Didn't see the game today due to work,however,watched first 34 mins on Sky plus then turned to "Where Eagles Dare".We were useless full stop not going to run any one player down except the one who aught to be ashamed of himself for a spineless,gutless,now lost for words performance in those 34mins,that player Mr W.Routledge was he just as awful for the rest of the game?
The Bottom Line on 21:04 - Dec 7 with 861 viewsIslander

The Bottom Line on 20:56 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

we were outplayed against Chelsea. We were outplayed against Man City for large swathes of the game. we have been outplayed on a large number of occasions since we've been in this league.

We were not outplayed today. We lost, we played badly in some areas, we defended badly against Carroll on a couple of occasions, but we were not outplayed in the match as a whole.

disagree - we were out-muscled, out-fought, out-thought

unfortunately they played a canny brand of high-pressing, high tempo, energetic, feisty performance - whch we couldnt handle on the day - it happens
The Bottom Line on 21:05 - Dec 7 with 858 viewsParlay

The Bottom Line on 20:56 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

Again...

They completed more passes
Had more possession than us
Spent more time in our half than us
Had more chances than us
Had more on target than us
Scored more than us
Made a high % of successful passes

And beat us 3-1

They outplayed us and you are by far the front runner for straw clutcher of the day.

It is not offensive to have been outplayed by a side not traditionally one of the big guns. Fair play to them.

Forum celebrity

The Bottom Line on 21:08 - Dec 7 with 848 viewslondonlisa2001

The Bottom Line on 21:05 - Dec 7 by Parlay

Again...

They completed more passes
Had more possession than us
Spent more time in our half than us
Had more chances than us
Had more on target than us
Scored more than us
Made a high % of successful passes

And beat us 3-1

They outplayed us and you are by far the front runner for straw clutcher of the day.

It is not offensive to have been outplayed by a side not traditionally one of the big guns. Fair play to them.

is there any chance you could stop stalking me you strange little man.
The Bottom Line on 21:14 - Dec 7 with 836 viewsParlay

The Bottom Line on 21:08 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

is there any chance you could stop stalking me you strange little man.

By all means if you dont like me answering your nonsense with sense you can put me on ignore. Or indeed suck it up and stop crying whenever someone disagrees with your almost ridiculously obtuse opinions (i use the term loosely).

Theres a good girl.

Forum celebrity

The Bottom Line on 21:19 - Dec 7 with 828 viewswestside

monk could have made subs earlier when it was 1-1.

why bring on dyer with 5 mins to go.

leon hasn't hardly played for months either.
The Bottom Line on 21:19 - Dec 7 with 828 viewslondonlisa2001

The Bottom Line on 21:14 - Dec 7 by Parlay

By all means if you dont like me answering your nonsense with sense you can put me on ignore. Or indeed suck it up and stop crying whenever someone disagrees with your almost ridiculously obtuse opinions (i use the term loosely).

Theres a good girl.

ha ha - you really are a patronising little twerp aren't you?

Is there a particular reason for your feelings of inadequacy?
The Bottom Line on 21:24 - Dec 7 with 811 viewsParlay

The Bottom Line on 21:19 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

ha ha - you really are a patronising little twerp aren't you?

Is there a particular reason for your feelings of inadequacy?

So you call me little man, and you call me patronising?

Would you like to debate the topic or are you too busy trolling and mirror insulting. Everything you do you blame me for, its awfully strange.

Now come on love, we are all swans fans (me less so apparently as my crime is knowing the rules) how about starting to be a bit decent now, your hectoring is making this board look awfully untidy.

Debate like a grown up or leave.

Forum celebrity

The Bottom Line on 21:30 - Dec 7 with 800 viewsLeonisGod

I'm largely with you on this Lisa. It's becoming a very obvious tactic of ours to conced possession, retain shape and then hit on the counter. It makes for pretty horrible stats (which catches out the stat warriors on here) and nervy viewing at times, but often results in Fab barely getting his gloves dirty. It's the complete opposite to Laudrup last year, when we were left so exposed at times it was scarey. I'm not sure I like it, but it is effective (as our position shows).

That could have been a different result (bony sliced wide and Bony off the bar). But equally that would have been harsh on Wet Spam who deserved the win because they took their chances. I'm not sure Garry dealt with the sending off very well, but that's another arguements on another thread....
The Bottom Line on 21:32 - Dec 7 with 796 viewslondonlisa2001

The Bottom Line on 21:24 - Dec 7 by Parlay

So you call me little man, and you call me patronising?

Would you like to debate the topic or are you too busy trolling and mirror insulting. Everything you do you blame me for, its awfully strange.

Now come on love, we are all swans fans (me less so apparently as my crime is knowing the rules) how about starting to be a bit decent now, your hectoring is making this board look awfully untidy.

Debate like a grown up or leave.

No, I have no interest in debating the topic with you.

You made your mind up hours ago - the swans were awful and Fabianski was a shoe in red card.

Nothing will make you change that stance, so I can't be arsed.

And since your idea of debating like a grown up is to go on and on until everyone else loses the will to live at which point you declare a victory, I don't think I'll bother to be honest.

In terms of blame you for everything, I can honestly say I've never taken any notice of you, and I can see that I haven't missed much. Now good night - I'm off to do something different!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024