Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question Time 23:12 - Dec 11 with 10237 viewsreddythered

Absolutely hysterical.

Russell Brand being made to look a grade A fool; one of his acolytes in the crowd interrupting, making accusations. Even a UKIP supporter made him look like a 6th form student.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Question Time on 23:52 - Dec 11 with 4301 viewsKilkennyjack

Very entertaining tonight ! But why is that Farage bloke on every bloody week ?

Beware of the Risen People

Question Time on 00:01 - Dec 12 with 4285 viewsreddythered

Not every week.

Media like him; fact is, like his message or not it's ratings. Psycho lefties like that woman in the crowd with the troubling hair colour show themselves to be violent thugs. It's all controversy, it's all spectacle.

Brand no doubt felt with his "intellectual superiority" he'd feed his Messianic complex by being hailed as a god.

In reality, lack of preparation caused him to make mistakes like failing to acknowledge Farage's history. He certainly didn't expect to be torn to pieces by the audience - it was noticeable he went very quiet after one crowd members comments to him.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Question Time on 00:17 - Dec 12 with 4263 viewsParlay

One thing Brand is not, is a fool. He is not a politician remember.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is ÂŁ45 a match ticket too high?

Question Time on 00:29 - Dec 12 with 4256 viewslonglostjack

Reddy - ism 't it about time you were true to yourself and switched allegiances? You clearly can't get the intellectual stimulation you crave amongst the Neanderthal supporters of the "football team" in our capital. Go on Reddy you can do it :-))

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Question Time on 05:14 - Dec 12 with 4194 viewsdgt73

Question Time on 00:17 - Dec 12 by Parlay

You don't have to be a politician to be a fool, anyone can be one and brand certainly is one.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Question Time on 05:53 - Dec 12 with 4186 viewsicecoldjack

Question Time on 05:14 - Dec 12 by dgt73

You don't have to be a politician to be a fool, anyone can be one and brand certainly is one.

Brand is no fool.

listen to his you tube channel and it gives you a clear insight to what he is about. Question time is a staged media arranged TV show where certain members of the "public" are placed in the crowd to give a certain flavour or to lean towards a certain agenda .

Its no secret Brand is being targeted by popular media like the Sun newspaper etc, all for being a well off guy who wanted t support small people who were getting pushed around.

Im not a huge fan of his but i respect and like the fact that even though he has a few million in the bank he still wants to help working class people achieve some kind of voice against the corporate system, he is trying to help and raise awarness at least , probably black balling his career in the process .

If he was made to look a mug on Question time then it's because the dice was loaded against him, that is how the system works and has done for ages.
Question Time on 06:36 - Dec 12 with 4176 viewsDarran

A once brilliant show that now belongs on Comedy Central.
Brand & Farage = Two of the biggest bell ends in Britain.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Question Time on 06:55 - Dec 12 with 4171 viewsicecoldjack

Question Time on 06:36 - Dec 12 by Darran

I don't really know enough about either but to me, i don't think Brand is a bellend for pointing out that normal working people are being shafted every which way by the ruling elite and big business, we need more like him IMO.

The other Guy is one of those that wants to keep us down and send us back to the dark ages of lords and peasants , dressed up as a man who is for the working class , tackling issues of race and immigration etc and appealing to the less informed but would see you rot on the side of the road if it meant him making money out of it,self serving,look after the rich/ himself kind of guy.

Just my take on them .

Brand is at least trying to affect change and awareness , where he could just sit on his @r$e count his millions and drown in a life of celebrity and high end pussy .
Login to get fewer ads

Question Time on 07:49 - Dec 12 with 4129 viewsepaul

Question Time on 06:55 - Dec 12 by icecoldjack

I don't really know enough about either but to me, i don't think Brand is a bellend for pointing out that normal working people are being shafted every which way by the ruling elite and big business, we need more like him IMO.

The other Guy is one of those that wants to keep us down and send us back to the dark ages of lords and peasants , dressed up as a man who is for the working class , tackling issues of race and immigration etc and appealing to the less informed but would see you rot on the side of the road if it meant him making money out of it,self serving,look after the rich/ himself kind of guy.

Just my take on them .

Brand is at least trying to affect change and awareness , where he could just sit on his @r$e count his millions and drown in a life of celebrity and high end pussy .

well said, Farage will have us hurtling back to 1930's germany if he had his way and is nothing more than a sexist racist c*nt I detest the person, Brand has said himself he cant win, he'll get pilloried cos he got a few quid, at least he uses him fame to point out how we are being f*cked over by the right wing storm troopers running the country

Fair play tho spot on with his quote "pound shop Enoch Powell"

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Question Time on 08:00 - Dec 12 with 4117 viewsDarran

Question Time on 07:49 - Dec 12 by epaul

well said, Farage will have us hurtling back to 1930's germany if he had his way and is nothing more than a sexist racist c*nt I detest the person, Brand has said himself he cant win, he'll get pilloried cos he got a few quid, at least he uses him fame to point out how we are being f*cked over by the right wing storm troopers running the country

Fair play tho spot on with his quote "pound shop Enoch Powell"

Nobody's done more pillorying than you on these people with a few quid and too many rooms in their big houses that they don't need Paul.
The blokes an absolute tw*t.

Question Time on 08:00 - Dec 12 with 4117 viewsLohengrin

Question Time on 00:17 - Dec 12 by Parlay

Not a politician, no, but he does seem to fit Aristotle's description of a Sophist to a tee: One who makes money from an apparent but unreal wisdom.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Question Time on 09:20 - Dec 12 with 4039 viewslifelong

Farage may be a bell end but he's a clever bell end, many people in this country will be voting for him and his party in a few months.
Question Time on 09:46 - Dec 12 with 4015 viewsdickythorpe

Question Time on 09:20 - Dec 12 by lifelong

Farage may be a bell end but he's a clever bell end, many people in this country will be voting for him and his party in a few months.

I fear you may be right. But the Labour Party and Conservatives have only themselves to blame for the way they have fecked people over.

UKIP is the "none of the above party" with a nod to Richard Pryor.
Question Time on 09:47 - Dec 12 with 4015 viewsDarran

I see this mornings Mail & Guardian basically agree it was shit anyway.
Says it all.

Question Time on 10:26 - Dec 12 with 3955 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Question Time on 06:55 - Dec 12 by icecoldjack

Just my take on them .

Spot on.

If you are working class and vote for the UKIP party then you are seriously a bit of a t wat.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Question Time on 10:59 - Dec 12 with 3921 viewsreddythered

Brand trying to change things?

Buy his booky-wooky where he benefits from, errm, capitalism.

Brand is an intellectual lightweight. A poundshop Stephen Fry, if you will. No ideas, no solutions just rhetoric. Audience, other than a few sheep saw straight through him. Once you get past the "It was the bankers gov. They cause cancer, started world war I and are responsible for Miranda f***ing Hart being on TV" diatribes he's no substance whatsoever.

Brand realised that. Why do you think he went so quiet after the audience, who he believed would love him, ripped him to pieces?

Question Time on 12:11 - Dec 12 with 3865 viewscontroversial_jack

Band is onto something, but he doesn't always put it across as well as he could. His opponents and those on here are more interesting in his character assassination than actually debating his points
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:22 - Dec 12 with 3839 viewsmax936

When are you going on to make it a threesome.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2014 12:30]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Question Time on 12:23 - Dec 12 with 3833 viewsParlay

Question Time on 05:14 - Dec 12 by dgt73

That wasn't the point i was making. My point was this isnt his profession, if someone believes he didn't do his research on Farage's history... Well he is not a politician.

He is as far away from a fool as you could possibly get. Incredibly intelligent man.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is ÂŁ45 a match ticket too high?

Question Time on 12:31 - Dec 12 with 3817 viewsGreatBritton

Comedians who try to get serious after they've made a fortune are always going to get a hammering from some. Ben Elton is the best example of lightweight politics, but Brand makes serious points. Trouble is, he's too rhetorical and too self-congratulatory. Very articulate though
Question Time on 12:37 - Dec 12 with 3807 views_

Question Time on 00:01 - Dec 12 by reddythered

Not every week.

Media like him; fact is, like his message or not it's ratings. Psycho lefties like that woman in the crowd with the troubling hair colour show themselves to be violent thugs. It's all controversy, it's all spectacle.

Brand no doubt felt with his "intellectual superiority" he'd feed his Messianic complex by being hailed as a god.

In reality, lack of preparation caused him to make mistakes like failing to acknowledge Farage's history. He certainly didn't expect to be torn to pieces by the audience - it was noticeable he went very quiet after one crowd members comments to him.

One Nazi looking BNP thug.

Whatever Brand is for anyone to support vvankstains like that bloke says it all.

Dangerous times.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Question Time on 12:53 - Dec 12 with 3786 viewsepaul

Russell Brand
Answer time

I’ve just got home from recording bbc tv’s political debate show Question Time and if you saw it and found it anti-climactic, I know how you feel.

Nigel Farage in the flesh, gin blossomed flesh that it is, inspires sympathy more than fear, an end of the pier, end of the road, end of days politician, who like many people who drink too much has a certain sloppy sadness. Camilla Cavendish who I was sat next to, seemed kindly and the two politicians from opposing parties, that flanked Dimbleby melted into an indistinguishable potage of cautious wonk words before I could properly learn which was blue and which was red. For my part I sat politely on my hands, keen to avoid hollering obscenities after a week of hypocrisy accusations and half-arsed, front page controversy.

Only the audience inspire passion or connection. Humanity. The usual preposterous jumble that you see in any of our towns, even if groomed and prepped by Auntie, they comparatively throb with authenticity opposite us, across the shark-eyed bank of cumbersome cameras.

The panelists have been together in “the green room” chatting, like before any TV show, and that’s what QT is, a TV show, a timid and tepid debate where the topics and dynamism of the discussion are as wooden and flat as the table we gamely sit around.

There is a practice question prior to the record, so the cameras can position and mics can be checked and the audience can practice harrumphing. In my dressing room at the modern Kentish theatre, before my sticky descent, I can hear them being prepped “ask questions, quarrel, applaud, keep those hands up”.

The practice question is a soft ball rhubarb toss about clumping kids or something and even though I’m determined to concentrate like a grown up, my mind drifts back to the Canterbury Food Bank I visited before arriving, partly to learn about it, as a researcher told me there might be question on them and first hand knowledge would make me look good, and partly because, y’know, I actually care.

In a warehouse in a retail park Christians and sixth formers assemble bags of what would rightly be considered “staples” in a kinder world. Tins of food and packets of biscuits and it’s good that we’re near to the “White Cliffs of Dover” because it feels like there’s a war on and the livid coloured packaging goes sepia in my mind as Dame Vera scores the melancholy scene.

The Christians are as Christians are, kind and optimistic. The donations come from ordinary local folk “We get more from the poorer people” says Martin, a quick deputy in a cuddly jumper. “More from Asda shoppers than Waitrose.” As I contemplate cancelling my Ocado (or whatever the f*ck it’s called) order Chrissy, the lady who runs the scheme says that this year people who received packages previously have now donated themselves. Previous recipients often volunteer an all. Here older folk and the students diligently box off the nosh and I determine to give them and their heartening endeavor a shout out on the show and my writhing, nervous gut begins to settle.

Chrissy explains how the Caterbury Food Bank has brought people together, not just those it feeds but those who volunteer. “It seemed like a good way to worship Christ” she says. Martin, who I am starting to gently fall in love with, observes that supermarkets profit from the enterprise as Food Bank campaigns encourage their customers to spend more there. “Do you think there’s an obligation for the state to feed people?” I ask “or room for a bit more Jesus kicking the money lenders out of the temple type stuff?”
They smile.

Many who use their facility are people that work full time and still fall short, others have suffered under “benefit sanctions”. “They’re very quick to cut off people’s benefits these days” says Martin.

“People think that Canterbury is affluent, but all around us are pockets of the hidden hungry”. The hidden hungry. “I’m gonna use that” I tell him as I scarper. He makes a very British joke about charging me as I get in the car and I tell him I nicked some jammy dodgers, and we laugh so that’s alright.

I think about the hidden hungry as I settle into my QT chair and get “mic’d up”. Farage entered to a simultaneous cheer and jeer, they cancel each other out, like bose headphones and leave an eerie silence. David Dimbleby says something about it being panto season and someone in the audience says “oh no it isn’t” and I love him for it, even though I’m pretty sure he was one of the UKip cheerers.

And a pantomime it is, well not so entertaining, no flouncing dames or doleful Buttons or rousing songs, just semi-staged tittle-tattle and bickering. The only worthwhile sentiments, be they raging or insightful come from the audience, across the camera bank. The man who brings up politicians pay rises, the man who demands I stand for parliament (so that he could not vote for me judging from his antipathy), the mad, lovely blue hair woman who swears at everyone, mostly though the woman who says “Why are we talking about immigrants? It’s a side issue, this crisis was caused by financial negligence and the subsequent bail-out”. This piece of rhetoric more valuable than anything I could’ve said, including my pound-shop Enoch Powell gag. More potent than the one thing I regret not saying because time and format did not permit it. That the people have the wisdom, not politicians, that the old paradigm is broken and will not be repaired. That the future is collectivised power. Parliamentary politics is dead, they, it’s denizens, wandering from aye to neigh from Tory to UKip know it’s dead and we know it’s dead. Farage is worse than stagnant, he is a tribute act, he is a nostalgic spasm for a Britain that never was; an infinite cricket green with no one from the colonies to raise the game, grammar schools on every corner and shamed women breastfeeding under giant parasols. The Britain of the future will be born of alliances between ordinary, self-governing people, organised locally, communicating globally. Built on principles that are found in traditions like Christianity; community, altruism, kindness, love.

In the “practice question” Farage says it’s okay to hit children “it’s good for them to be afraid” he said. There is a lot of fear about in our country at the moment and he is certainly benefitting from it. But the Britain I love is unafraid and brave. We have a laugh together, we take care of one another, we love an underdog and we unite to confront bullies. We voluntarily feed the poor when the government won’t do it. These ideas and actions that I saw in the food bank and across the camera bank are where the real power lies and this new power is the answer, no question about it.

‪#‎bbcqt‬

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Question Time on 12:59 - Dec 12 with 3777 viewsepaul

Question Time on 08:00 - Dec 12 by Darran

Nobody's done more pillorying than you on these people with a few quid and too many rooms in their big houses that they don't need Paul.
The blokes an absolute tw*t.

IOn what people people who dont give a f*ck and have more money than sense and want to make even more money and f*ck the underpriviledged,the poor and the destitute, yeah Ive slated the royal scrounging c*nts and rightly so look think what you want about RB , yeah many think he's a bellend but in my book he speaks out and shows that he has compassion, thatll do for me.

better be that than an open racist, sexist c*nt like farage, read what i posted before this what brand has written, in farage's mind its ok to hit kids, how much of a c8nt does that make him, he's poison and yeah he is a pound shop Enoch Powell

Question Time on 13:00 - Dec 12 with 3775 viewslondonlisa2001

Question Time on 12:23 - Dec 12 by Parlay

That wasn't the point i was making. My point was this isnt his profession, if someone believes he didn't do his research on Farage's history... Well he is not a politician.

He is as far away from a fool as you could possibly get. Incredibly intelligent man.

oh God, I'm sure I'm going to regret this, but Parlay - he really isn't you know.

He's as full of cliche as it's possible to be, a walking, talking embodiment of all that is wrong with political debate in this country at the moment.

It's vacuous, ill thought out, critical without solution and relies on the ranting soundbite not the substance. The 'poundshop Powell' stuff last night was a prepared soundbite for the masses - how do i know? Because he used it in a rant against Farage that bore no relation to the question asked.

Using long words (for the sake of it, and often, pretty badly and out of context) is not 'incredible intelligence'.

The guy is a complete hypocrite. Not just because he has, as he calls it, 'a couple of quid' (approximately ÂŁ15m or so) but because he spends his life slagging off the city, and yet has set up a film company, funded by the City, that uses structures to avoid tax for those investing, investors like his best mate and manager.

He slags off the 'excess' that 'bankers' have at the expense of 'us ordinary people' yet when he got married to Katy Perry, he had a 5 day extravaganza in India that involved him arriving on an elephant.

He 'stands up for the ordinary people' by attending rallies - funny that, when he has a book in the shops at the moment called 'Revolution', so every time he received publicity for his ranting nonsense, he makes more of that filthy dosh he despises so much. And after those rallies, where he rails against wealth and the oppression of the poor, he often relaxes in some of London's swankiest cocktail bars and restaurants, sneaking out back doors in case the paps get a shot of him and his rich, celebrity chums. He's often seen out and about in Mayfair clubs and Hoxton wine bars.

He doesn't have an original thought in his body - he's Rik from the Young Ones made real (only when Rik had graduated and made a few million).

And it comes to something when that complete b*****d Farage, who spends his whole life moaning about 'immigrants' while being married to a German immigrant isn't the biggest hypocrite on the panel.

The really terrifying thing is that if the ranting, vacuous nonsense served up by him and his mate 'Bunny' (her of the shouting from the audience fame last night) is the best that 'the left' can muster, we are going to end up with Farage's bunch of racist, homophobic loons getting so many votes next year it makes me want to vomit.
Question Time on 13:02 - Dec 12 with 3770 viewsreddythered

Question Time on 12:37 - Dec 12 by _

One Nazi looking BNP thug.

Whatever Brand is for anyone to support vvankstains like that bloke says it all.

Dangerous times.

"One"?

So a middle aged guy short hair is automatically looking like a "Nazi"? Just wow.

Did you also ignore the others in the audience who pilloried Brand's posts or were they not "Nazi" looking enough?

The fact you're looking for a correlation between Farage and Brand is wrong.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024