Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now that we are safe 20:05 - Dec 21 with 4898 viewscentrestandswan

for another season, what will it be like having nothing to worry about after Christmas ? Will we win the FA Cup or gain a Euro place, it would not be the Swans without some form of excitement to keep our season ticking over.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Now that we are safe on 16:07 - Dec 22 with 1193 viewsAnotherJohn

It would be very nice to have a good cup run. Speaking for myself, however, it wouldn't be a boring season at all to finish in the top half without the threat of relegation. I could get quite excited enough following the drama of whether we finish 10th or 6th, and it would be all the better without the gut-wrenching fear of a bad run and going down. Okay, call me a wimp...
Now that we are safe on 16:29 - Dec 22 with 1163 viewsmarchamjack

37 pts (not the mythical 40) is actually the average safety mark for staying up in the PL over the years, so we're 4 wins off that. Not going down let's be realistic and not silly about it.

No possible excuse not to play our strongest team in the FA Cup from now on in. If Hull can get there, Wigan can get there, surely we can. Would love another season in Europe and I'd accept that threatening (not losing it obviously!) our comfortable PL position we have this year.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Now that we are safe on 17:20 - Dec 22 with 1136 viewsBloodyhills

It's not over to the fat lady sings.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Now that we are safe on 17:43 - Dec 22 with 1126 viewsImAlrightJack

Now that we are safe on 01:35 - Dec 22 by Glyn1

No, we really don't. 40 points is what most people look at, but another way of looking at it is that you need ten wins to avoid relegation. I don't remember the last team to be relegated with that many.

So we need only three more wins. We could be safe by January.

Blackpool had 10 wins BUT they also got 39 points and every season since that one, it's been more than enough to keep you up. The following season QPR stayed up on 37, Sunderland 39 the season after that and WBA 36 last season, giving an average of 37 points during that time. Blackpool were so damn unlucky (especially with the unwritten referee's rule of 'always protect Man United') and even Steve Bruce said last season that if Hull get at least 10 wins, they'll be safe (they got 10).

The lowest is 6 I believe, with that being WBA in 2004/05.
Now that we are safe on 18:41 - Dec 22 with 1085 viewsperchrockjack

More small time thinking.

We really should be ,by now, looking at Europa cup qualification.

We are established . Listen to fans of other clubs as some doubters on here would amaze many fans from other pl clubs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Now that we are safe on 21:00 - Dec 22 with 1051 viewsImAlrightJack

I still think to this day Man United wanted Blackpool down. As in the past they always fielded a weakened team in the next matches to the end of the season if they already won the title, like when West Ham beat them to stay up (Tevezgate). What with a huge Champions League fixture the following week (the final for a start!), it looked so certain United would put out a weakened team, but this time put out a full strength one. It's like they didn't want another Lancashire team in the league, only for Fergie to say how well they tried to survive all as a smokescreen cover-up. Still sickens me 4 years on, and not one football fan said anything about it. It's like they were more interested in relegating Blackpool by not resting players, than winning the CL Final and they played really badly in that also. They probably would have won it, or played much better than they did despite losing if they rested them. Okay, there is that strongest team at all time rule, but United have got away with it three times, while Blackpool got punished for it earlier in the season.
Now that we are safe on 21:54 - Dec 22 with 1024 viewsjack247

Now that we are safe on 21:00 - Dec 22 by ImAlrightJack

I still think to this day Man United wanted Blackpool down. As in the past they always fielded a weakened team in the next matches to the end of the season if they already won the title, like when West Ham beat them to stay up (Tevezgate). What with a huge Champions League fixture the following week (the final for a start!), it looked so certain United would put out a weakened team, but this time put out a full strength one. It's like they didn't want another Lancashire team in the league, only for Fergie to say how well they tried to survive all as a smokescreen cover-up. Still sickens me 4 years on, and not one football fan said anything about it. It's like they were more interested in relegating Blackpool by not resting players, than winning the CL Final and they played really badly in that also. They probably would have won it, or played much better than they did despite losing if they rested them. Okay, there is that strongest team at all time rule, but United have got away with it three times, while Blackpool got punished for it earlier in the season.

I'm struggling with the logic of this. I can see why you think United should have put out a weakened team for their own benefit, but why have Blackpool been hard done by?
Now that we are safe on 06:26 - Dec 24 with 916 viewsJethroJack

Now that we are safe on 02:01 - Dec 22 by Glyn1

JJ - I know that you're being sarcastic but I for one would totally support that strategy. Play our strongest side in all six games of the FA Cup and play weaker teams in the Premier League.

Apparently we are the only current Premier League team (plus Hull?) never to have been in an FA Cup Final so let's make that this season's priority. If it means that we drop down a couple of places and the directors get a smaller dividend then I could live with that, and to be fair the directors could live with it as well.

So the answer to the original question is that this is what we'll be arguing about from January up to May.

I was only being semi-sarcastic.
Garry's already shown himself to be an astute manager & "targetting" the FA Cup with strong selections would be a brilliant strategy. Another way of further strengthening our ever-increasing world-wide profile
Login to get fewer ads

Now that we are safe on 17:07 - Dec 24 with 851 viewsBilly_the_Bugle

Now that we are safe on 06:26 - Dec 24 by JethroJack

I was only being semi-sarcastic.
Garry's already shown himself to be an astute manager & "targetting" the FA Cup with strong selections would be a brilliant strategy. Another way of further strengthening our ever-increasing world-wide profile

We are now in a position for the first time where we need to keep some squad members happy by giving them game time. Rumours about Gomis feeling out of it, etc. by having a cup run, players like Bafe will be more involved even past the ACON.

European football will attract new blood and keep our stars for another year.

25 points is a little early to be talking about guaranteed safety, but that's good. We don't want the team taking their feet off the gas.
Now that we are safe on 01:36 - Dec 25 with 801 viewsJBT95

Now that we are safe on 11:38 - Dec 22 by sherpajacob

FA Cup must be a priority, absolutely no excuse for not fielding the strongest possible team at Tranmere.

Other than the fact we are playing in London 48hrs before as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024