Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This investment by the yanks 20:01 - Dec 27 with 9486 viewswetjack

We were having a good discussion in the pub yesterday before the game regards this investment in the club which by all accounts does not seem to be an investment but a sale of shares by the shareholders

I saw the trust statement earlier in the week that they could not give us more information at this point in time but we had some questions that I don't know whether anyone can answer for me

I. We assumed that the trust would not sell any shares? Is this the case?
ii. What benefit is there to the football club for this sale
iii. Huw Jenkins has said that he wants to provide protection for the trust - does this mean that he is going to give some of his shares to them?
iiii. have the shareholders actively pushed for a sale or has this kind of landed in their lap
v. what happens to the shareholders that sell in terms of their roles as directors of the club?
vi. what powers do the trust have to veto the club
vii. the banner that has appeared for the past few games on the east stand is a trust banner - yes?
viii. would a change in ownership be for the best for the club if some of the directors want out?
viiii. how much say will we as fans get in the deal

Sorry for all the questions, would be happy if someone has some answers

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

This investment by the yanks on 20:02 - Dec 27 with 4919 viewsJackfath

We need a spokesman to ask these questions and feedback.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

This investment by the yanks on 20:04 - Dec 27 with 4907 viewswetjack

This investment by the yanks on 20:02 - Dec 27 by Jackfath

We need a spokesman to ask these questions and feedback.

Dont we have that via the trust?

This investment by the yanks on 20:04 - Dec 27 with 4888 viewsJackfath

This investment by the yanks on 20:04 - Dec 27 by wetjack

Dont we have that via the trust?

Some would say YES, some NO.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/133740/t2c-v-ld.-part-i/

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/133925/t2c-and-ld-a-bit-

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/133813/t2c-and-ld-we-go-
[Post edited 27 Dec 2014 20:10]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

This investment by the yanks on 20:12 - Dec 27 with 4832 viewsUxbridge

I'll answer what I can:

I. We assumed that the trust would not sell any shares? Is this the case? Correct. This was stated in a recent press statement.
ii. What benefit is there to the football club for this sale My opinion only, but none.
iii. Huw Jenkins has said that he wants to provide protection for the trust - does this mean that he is going to give some of his shares to them? That'd be nice but that's a question only HJ could answer.
iiii. have the shareholders actively pushed for a sale or has this kind of landed in their lap
I don't think it would really matter either way.
v. what happens to the shareholders that sell in terms of their roles as directors of the club? A good question. It would depend.
vi. what powers do the trust have to veto the club Veto what? A sale? Not really.
vii. the banner that has appeared for the past few games on the east stand is a trust banner - yes? No.
viii. would a change in ownership be for the best for the club if some of the directors want out? Another good question. The Trust believes there is no need for change.
viiii. how much say will we as fans get in the deal If I sell my house, would the neighbours get anything?
[Post edited 27 Dec 2014 20:13]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

This investment by the yanks on 21:04 - Dec 27 with 4678 viewswetjack

This investment by the yanks on 20:12 - Dec 27 by Uxbridge

I'll answer what I can:

I. We assumed that the trust would not sell any shares? Is this the case? Correct. This was stated in a recent press statement.
ii. What benefit is there to the football club for this sale My opinion only, but none.
iii. Huw Jenkins has said that he wants to provide protection for the trust - does this mean that he is going to give some of his shares to them? That'd be nice but that's a question only HJ could answer.
v. what happens to the shareholders that sell in terms of their roles as directors of the club? A good question. It would depend.
vi. what powers do the trust have to veto the club Veto what? A sale? Not really.
vii. the banner that has appeared for the past few games on the east stand is a trust banner - yes? No.
viii. would a change in ownership be for the best for the club if some of the directors want out? Another good question. The Trust believes there is no need for change.
viiii. how much say will we as fans get in the deal If I sell my house, would the neighbours get anything?

Thank you for that - I thought the banner was a trust one or at least that is what we had heard anyway. I don't get though why we have no say is that not the point of the trust in that we get to vote or does that come back to the veto part that even if we were against it other people can pretty much do what they want?

This investment by the yanks on 21:08 - Dec 27 with 4660 viewsUxbridge

This investment by the yanks on 21:04 - Dec 27 by wetjack

Thank you for that - I thought the banner was a trust one or at least that is what we had heard anyway. I don't get though why we have no say is that not the point of the trust in that we get to vote or does that come back to the veto part that even if we were against it other people can pretty much do what they want?

Votes and vetoes are two very different things. The Trust can't entirely block what is effectively a private sale.

This investment by the yanks on 21:11 - Dec 27 with 4644 viewswhiterock

This investment by the yanks on 21:04 - Dec 27 by wetjack

The Trust has said we'll be consulted but only when there's an offer on the table, as far as I'm aware, there's no offer on the table
This investment by the yanks on 08:14 - Dec 28 with 4327 viewsDyfnant

Woukd I be correct in assuming both HJ & LD will both be selling shares if this 'investment' goes ahead?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

This investment by the yanks on 08:47 - Dec 28 with 4282 viewsUxbridge

This investment by the yanks on 08:14 - Dec 28 by Dyfnant

Woukd I be correct in assuming both HJ & LD will both be selling shares if this 'investment' goes ahead?

That would very much depend on the deal. Such detail is not confirmed yet.

This investment by the yanks on 10:48 - Dec 28 with 4135 viewswhiterock

My understanding is that 30% purchase will be pro-rata between all shareholders who wish to sell, once and shareholder goes under 5% he's off the board! there's two gone for starters.
This investment by the yanks on 11:43 - Dec 28 with 4047 viewstomdickharry

Only paid up Trust members will receive details of any investment offer that is put,at the date of the last balance sheet there were 122,how many there are now don't know and, according to the Trust heirachy those paid up members will have no vote to determine the fate of any investment offer, its only the Trust board members.
This investment by the yanks on 13:06 - Dec 28 with 3952 viewsexiledclaseboy

This investment by the yanks on 11:43 - Dec 28 by tomdickharry

Only paid up Trust members will receive details of any investment offer that is put,at the date of the last balance sheet there were 122,how many there are now don't know and, according to the Trust heirachy those paid up members will have no vote to determine the fate of any investment offer, its only the Trust board members.

Where has the Trust said that the members won't have a vote?

Poll: Tory leader

This investment by the yanks on 13:12 - Dec 28 with 3934 viewstomdickharry

This investment by the yanks on 13:06 - Dec 28 by exiledclaseboy

Where has the Trust said that the members won't have a vote?

Only paid up Trust members can vote terms of membership of the Trust.
This investment by the yanks on 13:15 - Dec 28 with 3925 viewsexiledclaseboy

This investment by the yanks on 13:12 - Dec 28 by tomdickharry

Only paid up Trust members can vote terms of membership of the Trust.

Yes but you said:

"...according to the Trust heirachy those paid up members will have no vote to determine the fate of any investment offer, its only the Trust board members."

Which clearly says that even those paid up members won't get a vote on the fate of any offer that may be made.

When was that said and who by?

This investment by the yanks on 13:59 - Dec 28 with 3839 viewsmorningstar

This investment by the yanks on 13:15 - Dec 28 by exiledclaseboy

Yes but you said:

"...according to the Trust heirachy those paid up members will have no vote to determine the fate of any investment offer, its only the Trust board members."

Which clearly says that even those paid up members won't get a vote on the fate of any offer that may be made.

When was that said and who by?

He wont answer that as he's probably realised he's made an error in fairness, but more importantly, is he thereabouts on his total of fully paid up trust members? I mean, 122!
[Post edited 28 Dec 2014 14:00]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

This investment by the yanks on 14:01 - Dec 28 with 3829 viewssixpenses

This investment by the yanks on 11:43 - Dec 28 by tomdickharry

"according to the Trust heirachy those paid up members will have no vote to determine the fate of any investment offer, its only the Trust board members."

Yep would be interested to know who said only the Trust Board not the Trust members will have a say on this
This investment by the yanks on 14:04 - Dec 28 with 3809 viewsStarsky

This investment by the yanks on 14:01 - Dec 28 by sixpenses

"according to the Trust heirachy those paid up members will have no vote to determine the fate of any investment offer, its only the Trust board members."

Yep would be interested to know who said only the Trust Board not the Trust members will have a say on this

Tomdickharry just said it mun.

It's just the internet, init.

This investment by the yanks on 14:04 - Dec 28 with 3809 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I don't think anyone has said that.

Phil has repeatedly said that all fully paid up Trust members will have a vote whenever an offer is finally tabled.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

This investment by the yanks on 14:05 - Dec 28 with 3806 viewssixpenses

If TDH won't answer this, I would welcome a response from another Trust rep as this is a very concerning comment if true
This investment by the yanks on 14:07 - Dec 28 with 3793 viewsDr_Winston

It's TDH. The pixies probably told him.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2014 14:07]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This investment by the yanks on 14:07 - Dec 28 with 3793 viewssixpenses

This investment by the yanks on 14:04 - Dec 28 by Joe_bradshaw

I don't think anyone has said that.

Phil has repeatedly said that all fully paid up Trust members will have a vote whenever an offer is finally tabled.

Indeed but this seemed a very specific comment
This investment by the yanks on 14:12 - Dec 28 with 3773 viewsmorningstar

This investment by the yanks on 14:07 - Dec 28 by sixpenses

Indeed but this seemed a very specific comment

It may seem specific, but I think Jobbies on the right lines.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

This investment by the yanks on 14:15 - Dec 28 with 3758 viewssixpenses

This investment by the yanks on 14:12 - Dec 28 by morningstar

It may seem specific, but I think Jobbies on the right lines.

Perhaps a Trust Rep could refute this very specific statement then
This investment by the yanks on 14:19 - Dec 28 with 3746 viewsKingBony

This investment by the yanks on 20:12 - Dec 27 by Uxbridge

I'll answer what I can:

Lol, needn't have bothered with those wishy washy nothing answers.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

This investment by the yanks on 14:39 - Dec 28 with 3709 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don't know about the figure but I didn't know myself until Phil mentioned to me a couple of months ago that there was a difference between ST "members" and paid-up members. I duly paid my subscription and am now a "proper" member. Lord knows how many others thought/think the same as me, that as long as you've bought your ST you're a proper member of the Trust. If TDH's figure is correct, and I suspect it might be close, it's something else that the Trust should be communicating much more pro-actively.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2014 14:41]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024