Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remainder of the season consolidation? 16:43 - Jan 6 with 6113 viewsParlay

The impact of Bony leaving is going to be huge, it cannot be understated how much this will change our play, even down to our tactical approach. This will be incredibly hard to adjust to and I just hope the fans remain patient with on field matters as this is going to take some adapting. Partnerships and understandings are going to have to be forged over time like Siggy and Bony did.

I think instead of pushing on for top 6, our realistic target now must be just for a mid-table finish with anything higher as a bonus. We have got a lovely cushion in terms of points to cope with losing Bony and hopefully by next season we will be firing on all cylinders with our new starting striker.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:24 - Jan 6 with 1031 viewslondonlisa2001

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:17 - Jan 6 by Parlay

Top 10 now after the top goalscorer in the Prem in 2014 looks to be leaving and yet 3-4 places higher was not even fathomable to become an aim should he have stayed... (even though a handful of points separates them).

What a card.

there is normally a fairly large gap in points terms by the end of each season somewhere between 5th/6th and 9th/10th though.

Last year, 20 points separated 6th from 10th - that is a huge step up in class.

Over the course of the year, the 'big teams' usually separate off and leave the 'rest'.

Our longer term aspirations will be better served (in my view) by having 3 or 4 quality additions to the squad than 1 player (however great he is). Let's gradually build quality year on year and accept that part of that will be losing from time to time any superstars that we can unearth.
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:30 - Jan 6 with 1001 viewsParlay

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:24 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

there is normally a fairly large gap in points terms by the end of each season somewhere between 5th/6th and 9th/10th though.

Last year, 20 points separated 6th from 10th - that is a huge step up in class.

Over the course of the year, the 'big teams' usually separate off and leave the 'rest'.

Our longer term aspirations will be better served (in my view) by having 3 or 4 quality additions to the squad than 1 player (however great he is). Let's gradually build quality year on year and accept that part of that will be losing from time to time any superstars that we can unearth.

We arent going on "usually" though, we are going on now.

Usually 37 points sees you safe but if everyone had 34 points in the bottom 3 with 5 games to go aims would be adjusted accordingly.

This season there is 4 points separating 6th and 9th after 20 games. Not only that but two of the smaller teams in West Ham and Southampton currently occupy positions above us, teams we are more than capable of not only keeping up with but out performing.

Forum celebrity

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:32 - Jan 6 with 992 viewsjacksfullaces

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 17:45 - Jan 6 by JBT95

If Bony had hadn't been so hot headed we could have easily drew with Southampton after matching them with 10 men for half a game.

The Newcastle game how the hell we never won that.

Stupid pen vs the Palace.

Spurs... well everybody knows.

Its all little mistakes and yes they add up but we aren't a million miles off 4th so why we can't challenge for 6th is beyond me.

and on the flip side we could, maybe should have drawn or lost to hull and villa.

it evens itself out - we are where we are
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:33 - Jan 6 with 986 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:23 - Jan 6 by Parlay

I think if you take the incorrect ref decisions then we should be somewhere in the top 6. If Green had been sent off in the first 10 minutes in our last game and Routledge not incorrectly sent off then that was 3 points all day long.

So its not just our short comings that have denied us points like Whatachunt is trying to suggest, some of these lost points have been taken out of our hands.

You are talking about if & buts and oh so close .

I am talking about players & performance

I have seen only 2 top 6 performances all season from us .
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 18:34]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:36 - Jan 6 with 971 viewslondonlisa2001

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:30 - Jan 6 by Parlay

We arent going on "usually" though, we are going on now.

Usually 37 points sees you safe but if everyone had 34 points in the bottom 3 with 5 games to go aims would be adjusted accordingly.

This season there is 4 points separating 6th and 9th after 20 games. Not only that but two of the smaller teams in West Ham and Southampton currently occupy positions above us, teams we are more than capable of not only keeping up with but out performing.

yes and last year there was only 5 points as well - that's the whole point - the table starts to separate usually in the second half of the season to leave a big gap - it's the relative squad sizes I guess as the season progresses that makes such a big difference.

I agree that we should aim to keep up with Southampton and West Ham, but let's not be in any doubt about these being 'smaller teams' - compared to us they're both big clubs and for us to compete with them is doing really well. We'll get there, as long as we keep progressing and developing, and part of that is selling £30m players. Two years ago it was selling £15m players, so it's all good steps forward.
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:37 - Jan 6 with 968 viewsskippyjack

I believe 8th is our position.. and if we fail to get more than 47 points I'll be disappointed.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:38 - Jan 6 with 960 viewslondonlisa2001

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:37 - Jan 6 by skippyjack

I believe 8th is our position.. and if we fail to get more than 47 points I'll be disappointed.

50 points for the first time should be a great aim.
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:42 - Jan 6 with 947 viewsskippyjack

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:38 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

Can we gain 6 wins and 3 draws in 18 games?.. we're more than capable.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Login to get fewer ads

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:46 - Jan 6 with 934 viewslondonlisa2001

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:42 - Jan 6 by skippyjack

Can we gain 6 wins and 3 draws in 18 games?.. we're more than capable.

well I would certainly be very disappointed if we didn't.

To 'beat' the traditional 40 point target by 25% would be great going. We then push on again, and hopefully so it continues.
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:47 - Jan 6 with 928 viewsunion_jack

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:38 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

Lisa, in your posts above you've said more clearly what I tried to do. That's why I voted for you on the POTY poll but I'm sure you'll get over the disappointment!

Your point about points tally improving us an excellent one. We should be aiming for more points year on year and 50 this year will be an improvement.

Just to reiterate, we should be ambitious but realism is equally important. I hate to see the 'we're bigger than Barcelona' psyche in here.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:48 - Jan 6 with 925 viewsParlay

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:33 - Jan 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

You are talking about if & buts and oh so close .

I am talking about players & performance

I have seen only 2 top 6 performances all season from us .
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 18:34]

No i am not. Im making a factual statement that our season which sees us 4 points off 6th has been severely hampered by continued awful game changing refereeing decisions. Whether we have only performed the the level you deem "top 6" is completely irrelevant.

Forum celebrity

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:49 - Jan 6 with 921 viewsWatchman

AS for the OP well as Zammo said 'Just Say No'

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:50 - Jan 6 with 912 viewsParlay

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:49 - Jan 6 by Watchman

AS for the OP well as Zammo said 'Just Say No'

You don't think we should adjust our targets then?

Madness.

Forum celebrity

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:52 - Jan 6 with 904 views3swan

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:47 - Jan 6 by union_jack

Lisa, in your posts above you've said more clearly what I tried to do. That's why I voted for you on the POTY poll but I'm sure you'll get over the disappointment!

Your point about points tally improving us an excellent one. We should be aiming for more points year on year and 50 this year will be an improvement.

Just to reiterate, we should be ambitious but realism is equally important. I hate to see the 'we're bigger than Barcelona' psyche in here.

Agree with both of you, let's keep building as a club season by season. In cups take the chance as it comes along, but the league is a different proposition.
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:55 - Jan 6 with 894 viewslondonlisa2001

It's a struggle but I'm trying to see the positives in the poll (all of which passed me by as I was on a beach...) ;-)

Points have to be the target - we then see where that leaves us. 50 points ish should be around 8th or so - hopefully we can get more than that, but 50 would be great I think.

What I don't quite understand is the 'we finished 9th and improved our team' bit. So did everyone else. We aren't unfortunately the only club seeing a year on year increase in TV money - everyone is improving (or trying to). I see a lot of positives in some of our signings - Montero and Barrow look like great buys and so do Fab and Fernandez as well. We just need to go slowly but surely. Others will serve for a shorter time and fill a gap but will be less of a return on investment. One thing that seems to be the case - we seem to have a scouting team that know a good find when they see one and that's great news for the future.
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:57 - Jan 6 with 886 viewsDrizzy

Get your head out of her arse.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:57 - Jan 6 with 884 viewsParlay

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:52 - Jan 6 by 3swan

Agree with both of you, let's keep building as a club season by season. In cups take the chance as it comes along, but the league is a different proposition.

This thread is nothing to do with building as a club or that we should be going for top 6. Darren has trolled it and its completely gone off track.

Whether you think our aim was top 6 or top 8 or top 10 makes little difference at all. The question was, as a fanbase, should we now expect a not so flattering mid table finish, maybe 12th or 13th as the team is now going to go through a transitional period such is the impact of Bony on our team.

Also posed the question would the fans be patient enough to allow this.

Forum celebrity

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 19:01 - Jan 6 with 867 viewsDarran

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:57 - Jan 6 by Drizzy

Stop being obtuse Kam.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 19:01 - Jan 6 with 855 viewsParlay

I remember a similar thread and similar reaction when i suggested we could have a top 10 finish with similar points comparisons and accusations of mental health. I am also sure if you told this board 12 years ago where we would be bow there would be equally ludicrous reactions.

I find it startling that we, well a few of us, have been on this journey over the past decade and still have mental barriers about being able to go any higher.

But i am falling for the trolling trap here and continuing to take about past targets when indeed the thread is about future ones.

Forum celebrity

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 19:02 - Jan 6 with 855 viewsDrizzy

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 19:01 - Jan 6 by Darran

Stop being obtuse Kam.

Only if you stop being a c0ck first, Pross.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 19:04 - Jan 6 with 839 viewsDarran

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 19:02 - Jan 6 by Drizzy

Ok deal.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 19:05 - Jan 6 with 826 viewsItchySphincter

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 16:56 - Jan 6 by nantywatcher

Personally I think we will be a better team without him. Siggy should last a whole game now without having to put 90% of the effort into a striking partnership. As a character I really like Mr Bony, as a footballer there are so many weaknesses in his game I just don't get where a price of £25- £30 million comes from. Take the money and run. Brilliant business and all credit to the scouting and management team at Swansea City.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 19:07 - Jan 6 with 814 viewslondonlisa2001

and I thought that 'bloaty' feeling was because of the flight ...
Remainder of the season consolidation? on 19:09 - Jan 6 with 794 viewsOldjack

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 19:02 - Jan 6 by Drizzy

Once a cock always a cock

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 19:19 - Jan 6 with 754 viewsskippyjack

Remainder of the season consolidation? on 18:52 - Jan 6 by 3swan

Agree with the women and forget my input.. f*cking leaches. Watch yourself Lisa.. I know what they're up to.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024