Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
gone backwards 18:28 - Jan 10 with 15935 viewsswansealad69

Like monk and what he has done over the years..
But cant help feel we have lost our pass and movement around the pitch.
Yes we needed a plan b under br and ml but now we look clueless at times and the amount off times we give the ball away cheaply is shockin.
As iv said I like monk but feel our passing and patient football has gone backward.
Allso what is going on with Wayne and nathan? Nathan just seams lost and rarley cuts in to get the ball but just holds out wide.Wayne just gives the ball away or loses it time and time again.
I know im going to get some sh, t for this but we have been poor for most the season and its only a handful of games were we realy look good.
gone backwards on 10:55 - Jan 13 with 1138 viewsCatullus

For what it's worth,

Bryn, you have been unnecessarily negative for a while now.

The OP, I disagree with you, but you are entitled to an opinion. It does seem like certain people are responding to you and not your post. A lesson I like to think I have learned after my spat with T2C!

Apparently it's the weaker posters who feel the need to be critical of Laudrup. That coming from someone being critical of Monk. I'd suggest being critical of Monk (whilst standing up for Laudrup) shows a few weaknesses, being unable to let the past go, poor judgement, poor football knowledge.......possibly more but I'll stop there.

The facts really are simple and plain to see. yes we aren't as attractive as we were. But we are harder to beat. I'll take that trade off. And are we bad to watch.....I thoroughly enjoyed the match. West ham were up for it, it was a battle but we deserved better than just a point. On another day we could easily have won, or lost and that is football for you.
Monk is still learning, he's still fairly new to management but he learns quickly. His subs Saturday were excellent, I thought.
There (and quite opposite to someone else's opinion) have only been 2/3 games where we've been poor. Most of the time we have been generally good and a bit unlucky. A lot of that has been down to some awful refereeing too.
On Laudrup, I'll agree something, let him go. The last few months of his tenure were awful. We were heading for relegation. But he's gone, forget him.
On Monk, he's done well and still improving. He'll make mistakes (as do all managers, even SAF did!) but on balance he's doing just fine.
We've had our best ever Premier league start but we still get this sh!t.......it's, well it's laughable.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

gone backwards on 14:25 - Jan 13 with 1058 viewsicecoldjack

gone backwards on 02:35 - Jan 13 by sixpenses

What spoiled my enjoyment was when a manager who achieved so amazingly and gave us the most brilliant foray into Europe was continuously slagged off and lied about on this forum such that our own chairman who had sacked him issued a statement to say it turned his stomach and should stop and said he was the most genuine and honest person you could meet.

However it did not stop. There is barely a post I have made about Laudrup that is not in response to lies, abuse, negative exaggeration about a manager who gave us our most successful season ever and a fantastic run in Europe which attracted the player to us that we have just sold for a massive profit. I have said little against Monk and always support the team, but this bile against Laudrup has totally divided the fan base and was totally unacceptable. If I said about Monk a fraction of the shocking things that had been said about Laudrup I would be Lynched.

If we had a top ten finish, won a major cup and a great run in Europe I imagine people would complain. Complain they ripped him apart and made us look totally petty and sacked him in the most unprofessional and disrespectful way.

Certainly tarnished the golden year for me and for us as a club.

100% bang on.

It's easy to forget that the £30m pound player we are about to sell only came here because we could offer him European football, that is a great and very accurate point.

I've always maintained there could have been a way out of the problem and sacking him wasn't the only option, in a perfect world Laudrup and Monk would have been a great option for us, but it wasn't to be.
gone backwards on 14:39 - Jan 13 with 1042 viewsStarsky

gone backwards on 02:35 - Jan 13 by sixpenses

What spoiled my enjoyment was when a manager who achieved so amazingly and gave us the most brilliant foray into Europe was continuously slagged off and lied about on this forum such that our own chairman who had sacked him issued a statement to say it turned his stomach and should stop and said he was the most genuine and honest person you could meet.

However it did not stop. There is barely a post I have made about Laudrup that is not in response to lies, abuse, negative exaggeration about a manager who gave us our most successful season ever and a fantastic run in Europe which attracted the player to us that we have just sold for a massive profit. I have said little against Monk and always support the team, but this bile against Laudrup has totally divided the fan base and was totally unacceptable. If I said about Monk a fraction of the shocking things that had been said about Laudrup I would be Lynched.

If we had a top ten finish, won a major cup and a great run in Europe I imagine people would complain. Complain they ripped him apart and made us look totally petty and sacked him in the most unprofessional and disrespectful way.

Certainly tarnished the golden year for me and for us as a club.

To Spratty,

That's simply not true.
You had a right downer on Monk when he took over.
And you had right downer on the board for not throwing £millions at Laudrup because you thought he should have loads more money to sweeten his departure.
To be honest, you never got over it. The evidence is in every post you make.
You can't let go, you can't move on.
I've never heard you lambast anyone on here for dissing Martinez or Rodgers... Only Laudrup.

Love Stasi x x x

It's just the internet, init.

gone backwards on 14:45 - Jan 13 with 1033 viewsItchySphincter

gone backwards on 00:37 - Jan 13 by sixpenses

Accurately representing the original meaning

and you did say on here to Phil directly before he deleted my account that is was not fair that DYSS was banned and I was allowed to continue posting. Which seems pretty much like a complaint to me.

I'll take your word for it, I've got a reasonable memory for the events and context - I'll leave it there.

As for the second bit - you could take that as me attempting to lend subtle support to Dwight but it's up to you how you choose to take it.

Anyway, have a nice day Sprout.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

gone backwards on 15:29 - Jan 13 with 1009 viewsymaohyd

gone backwards on 00:26 - Jan 13 by Darran

Aye we won 2 out of 11 games after the final so I'd say we tailed off a lot.

Seems to be a very emotional thread. Always two sides to a coin, lots of opinion on the sacking of Laudrup, the current style of play and the merits of Monk. Many say they deal in facts.

Well the facts detailed in this short post speak volumes. When you then continue the poor form into the next season (2013/14) to a point where the Swans were in danger of being relegated, for the life of me I can't understand the long winded pro Laudrup, hysterical posts that are on here.

Michael Laudrup should be given huge respect for what he achieved, he should be lauded eternally for landing the club its first major trophy...absolutely.

If the Swans have a poor end to this season and then continue that poor run of form into a substantial part of next season, even though I'm a huge fan of Garry Monk I would absolutely expect him to be sacked.

So why the fuc* those still bitter at Laudrup being sacked can't grasp why, is beyond me!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

gone backwards on 15:43 - Jan 13 with 995 viewsperchrockjack

why are some so obsessed with their ps reputation that it clouds the fooking obvious.

Cant thinkof any other club that would have so many who seemingly want Monk to fail to prove they ere right. If MONK were to, you can imagine the bun fight to get the post poisonouspostin. Deeply sickening is alsothe fact that LAUDRUP S sacking has led to this board travelling in a sewer likerats to the sea.

Laudrup would have taken us down ,no question about it, fook the style of football. THE MAN WAS DISINTERSTED and his stock isn't exactly any higher is it though he will add the wedge he s on.

Monk is respected by nearly all club fans OUTSIDE Swansea. I discuss the game with chums ,fans of many clubs ,and all are agreed Monk is a potential diamond manager. Straight in at the deep end, no number two of note, no real help from previous experienced manager but here we are still tolerating this garbage.

Mike HALL has a good new book out describing in detail the tribal, insular,squabblingnature of Welsh people/sports fans.

These past months have shown it to have substance.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

gone backwards on 16:33 - Jan 13 with 974 viewsexiledclaseboy

gone backwards on 02:21 - Jan 13 by sixpenses

Just not true.

when Laudrup took over he was praised for having that direct attacking edge that Bren was deemed to lack (no disrespect to Bren who was brilliant for us). Remember that first game that 5-0 win against a team we had had no luck with before. Stuck me and many others as pretty attacking

Grinding out results - did you miss

Chelsea home and away in the COC - 180 minutes against the champions of Europe and they could not score a single goal against us home or away, yet we put 2 on them at theirs

Arsenal at theirs ground out the majority of the match under the most tremendous pressure without conceding then Michu scored those 2 sublime goals - ecstasy

Yet again you've taken something as a slight on Laudrup when it was neither written nor meant that way. For the avoidance of any doubt my view is that Laudrup was for the most part an excellent Swans manager. As you rightly say at the start he was praised for taking the Rodgers model and making it more attractive and attacking. We won the League Cup, on of the greatest days in the club's history, and did well enough in the resultant Europa League campaign. But there's also no doubt that form and performances dipped towards the end of his time here. And yes, before you say it, I accept that Laudrup had injuries and Europe to deal with.

But the board took the decision to sack him. I didn't agree with it at the time and said so. I don't think we'd have been relegated if he'd stayed, although none of us can say that for certain. There's no doubt the whole situation could have been handled better by all concerned, including Laudrup. His cringeworthy airport press conference did no one any credit.

But when he'd gone he'd gone. Why you and some others feel the need to keep defending his honour while all the while being very equivocal in your support (if you can even call it support. Monk simply attracts downright hostility from some) of our current manager is completely beyond me. I know you like to paint yourself as some kind of crusader for truth and justice, Planet Swans's very own Captain America perhaps, but there's only one truth we all need to know. Michael Laudrup is no longer Swansea City manager. Garry Monk is. Supporting Monk does not mean that Laudrup is being disrespected. Why some of you insist on doing this is completely beyond my comprehension.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024