Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mario Gomez 18:00 - Jan 13 with 5647 viewsMagicDaps

Reports in Germany suggesting that we're interested in Mario Gomez. The fee being discussed is €15 million (£11.7 million).

As mad as it sounds, I could very much see this happening. Gomez has had injury problems since he's joined Fiorentina and struggled to score goals, however his ability is unquestionable.

In all competitions:

2008/09 - 44 games, 35 goals
2010/11 - 45 games, 39 goals
2011/12 - 52 games, 41 goals

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Mario Gomez on 18:05 - Jan 13 with 5590 viewsDaggyjack

As a follower of Fiorentina, i can't see this.
Wages would be high, he's been very injury prone and now he's playing, he's the only main striker as Rossi is injured, as is Babacar, although they have just signed Diamanti on loan.
Mario Gomez on 18:42 - Jan 13 with 5349 viewsParlay

£12m is a lot for a striker turning 30.

An excellent striker, for how much longer he will be that I wouldn't know.

Too deal would be far too rich for us.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Mario Gomez on 18:42 - Jan 13 with 5341 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He may have had injury problems, but 28 appearances and only 5 goals is not what we need.
The last season and a half has been no where near as good as the previous 3 seasons.
Mario Gomez on 18:43 - Jan 13 with 5340 viewsNeath_Jack

What are his 12/13 and 13/14 stats?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Mario Gomez on 18:51 - Jan 13 with 5284 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Mario Gomez on 18:43 - Jan 13 by Neath_Jack

According to Soccerbase
12/13 28 Apps, 13 goals
13/14 13 Apps, 4 goals
14/15 15 Apps, 1 goal.

Do you see a trend there, remind you of Michu?
Mario Gomez on 18:54 - Jan 13 with 5251 viewsjojaca

Mario Gomez on 18:43 - Jan 13 by Neath_Jack

Mr Jenkins and board would not waste £10 million plus on striker past 30. There is no re sell value. We are going to get linked to every tom, dick and harry with a £30 million pound in the bank.

Even when you know, you never know?

Mario Gomez on 18:56 - Jan 13 with 5224 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Mario Gomez on 18:54 - Jan 13 by jojaca

Mr Jenkins and board would not waste £10 million plus on striker past 30. There is no re sell value. We are going to get linked to every tom, dick and harry with a £30 million pound in the bank.

Agreed.
Mario Gomez on 18:57 - Jan 13 with 5218 viewsNeath_Jack

Mario Gomez on 18:51 - Jan 13 by A_Fans_Dad

According to Soccerbase
12/13 28 Apps, 13 goals
13/14 13 Apps, 4 goals
14/15 15 Apps, 1 goal.

Do you see a trend there, remind you of Michu?

And he's 29?

So if we take his age, injuries, wages, transfer fee and recent scoring record into account, then he sounds like a bargain, not.

Well, he will to some, as they will just look at his name and think he must be worth it.

Don't go get him Huw.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

Mario Gomez on 19:02 - Jan 13 with 5160 viewsHuw57

Mario Gomez on 18:05 - Jan 13 by Daggyjack

As a follower of Fiorentina, i can't see this.
Wages would be high, he's been very injury prone and now he's playing, he's the only main striker as Rossi is injured, as is Babacar, although they have just signed Diamanti on loan.

Diamanti is a Number 10, isn't he?

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Mario Gomez on 19:13 - Jan 13 with 5100 viewslonglostjack

This was in the German Bild today - Italian fans getting on his back - one goal in 12 games and the manager implying that Gomez should give up football. Thankfully no mention of the Swans !!

http://m.bild.de/sport/fussball/mario-gomez/steht-in-der-kritik-39310484,variant

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Mario Gomez on 22:16 - Jan 13 with 4783 viewsheadcleaner

Michu in his first season here was head and shoulders the most exciting and watchable player we've ever had. He might have crashed and burnt but he was superb. Gomez has the potential to be all of that and more. Great if it happened and if it didn't mmmmeah
Mario Gomez on 22:51 - Jan 13 with 4627 viewsJJJack

Mario Gomez on 22:16 - Jan 13 by headcleaner

Michu in his first season here was head and shoulders the most exciting and watchable player we've ever had. He might have crashed and burnt but he was superb. Gomez has the potential to be all of that and more. Great if it happened and if it didn't mmmmeah

Totally disagree. Gomez has been a great poacher. And that's about it. Now well past his best......incomparable with a fully fit Michu at his best tearing up the Prem.

Total non story.......never in a gazillion years would this happen.
Mario Gomez on 09:49 - Jan 14 with 4261 viewsApeShit

What a load of b*llocks!
Mario Gomez on 09:58 - Jan 14 with 4233 viewsSkipTheJack

Great player in his time, but spending £10m+ on a 30ish year old, injury prone, high wage player with his career on the way down is not the way Swansea City does its business. Let QPR go in for him.
Mario Gomez on 10:07 - Jan 14 with 4199 viewskopperburgjack

Quality signing in my opinion, who cares about the money side of it, that's for the owners to worry about not us.. the amount I spend on following the swans id much rather see that extra bit of quality if it means the directors spending a bit more! Not my money going to waste if it was a flop

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Mario Gomez on 10:12 - Jan 14 with 4169 viewsLord_Bony

Would be a laugh listening to the commentary on match days though with two gomez and gomis n the side..
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 10:13]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Mario Gomez on 10:18 - Jan 14 with 4151 viewsicecoldjack

Gomez is a has been.

The only reason he would come to us is for a pay day, his best days are over and we cant afford to squnder hard earnt cash.

We are only ever 2 big signing failiures away from deep shti in this league, the board are very good at minimising risk in this area, cant see gomez ever getting close to becoming a swans player, too many things go agaimst him, age,injury and form being the primary reasons.
Mario Gomez on 11:07 - Jan 14 with 4044 viewsNeath_Jack

Mario Gomez on 10:07 - Jan 14 by kopperburgjack

Quality signing in my opinion, who cares about the money side of it, that's for the owners to worry about not us.. the amount I spend on following the swans id much rather see that extra bit of quality if it means the directors spending a bit more! Not my money going to waste if it was a flop

You sound exactly like that lot up the road.

I'm glad we have a board with a completely different attitude.

Mario Gomez on 15:05 - Jan 14 with 3781 viewsruhrjack

It,s now in the German papers. http://www.bild.de/sport/bildlive/sport-tag-im-ticker/sport-tag-im-live-ticker-3
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024