Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis a goner? 08:19 - Jan 15 with 10943 viewsNOTRAC

In the Times today..
'Crystal Palace's attempts to sign a second striker this week rest on their willingness to improve their offer to Bafetimbi Gomis after edging closer to meetingSwansea City's £8m valuation.
Gomis earns £55,000 per week at the Liberty Stadium and is seeking an increase of £15,000 a week if he is to join the relegation battle in south London with Alan Pardew, the Crystal Palace manager who tried on several occasions to sign the France forward while at Newcastle United.
Swansea still owe Gomis a large chunk of the £8m signing on fee agreed when he joined on a free transfer from Lyons last summer which has led the South Wales club to demand the same amount as a fee from Palace'
The last paragraph,if true ,seems amazing!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Gomis a goner? on 12:58 - Jan 15 with 3140 viewssixpenses

Does not seem too amazing to me if it is true

What does seem amazing to me is people believing (when they say how little we spent this year for the quality we have achieved) truly believe that free transfers of the quality we have brought in are actually anything like free.

As said most of the money just goes to the player instead. Shared across signing on fee, higher wages, longer contracts and large bonuses.

Still strongly believe Bony was to be sold, to have 2 strikers of that quality and expense in a club like ours does not really make sense financially.

Really want Gomis to stay though, think he could be excellent for us. Otherwise going to book Michu in for a trip to Lourdes. Happy to pay for it myself and carry him there if I thought it would work.
Gomis a goner? on 13:18 - Jan 15 with 3071 viewsbargoedjack

Gomis a goner? on 09:13 - Jan 15 by Neath_Jack

Very few players out there who are not driven by money mate. As long as he performs like he did in his last game for us, i'll be happy.

Exactly - he hasn't played like a player who's just here to pick up a paycheck ... if we're paying him good money, can afford it and he's performing, that's good enough for me ...
Gomis a goner? on 14:36 - Jan 15 with 2962 viewsswanduck

On Sky they were saying Dortmund and another Eiropean club I can't remember were interested in him.
Gomis a goner? on 15:18 - Jan 15 with 2883 viewssully49

If he ends up going I really hope we don't knee jerk into bringing in Cisse. As yet Oliviera is an unknown quantity and GM has said he will push Siggy forward, not an option, especially at this time of the season. We have too long to keep that strategy going IMHO.
We have only just seen highlights of Gomis' ability in the last 2 games after all, it's his time to shine as our first choice striker
Is it good business to let him go know? I understand if we force him to stay is equally bad for us. We now need HJ to pull the proverbially from the hat once more.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Gomis a goner? on 15:24 - Jan 15 with 2862 viewsParlay

Gomis a goner? on 09:12 - Jan 15 by Neath_Jack

Can you give me the link to the official figures that were published please.

Not sure if you are being intentionally obtuse here. Are you also suggesting we didnt get around £25m for Wilf because there isnt an "official" source - come on now, you are more switched on than that NJ, leave that bollocks to the likes of daz.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Gomis a goner? on 15:47 - Jan 15 with 2813 viewsNeath_Jack

Gomis a goner? on 15:24 - Jan 15 by Parlay

Not sure if you are being intentionally obtuse here. Are you also suggesting we didnt get around £25m for Wilf because there isnt an "official" source - come on now, you are more switched on than that NJ, leave that bollocks to the likes of daz.

So, as i originally stated then, nobody on this forum knows how much we paid him, how much wages he is on, or if there is a release clause in his contract. Thanks.

Or are we going to assume that what is in the papers is gospel? Come on now, you are more switched on than that, leave that bollocks to the likes of daz.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gomis a goner? on 15:53 - Jan 15 with 2785 viewsParlay

Gomis a goner? on 15:47 - Jan 15 by Neath_Jack

So, as i originally stated then, nobody on this forum knows how much we paid him, how much wages he is on, or if there is a release clause in his contract. Thanks.

Or are we going to assume that what is in the papers is gospel? Come on now, you are more switched on than that, leave that bollocks to the likes of daz.

Ah mimicking my post. Great stuff.

I know what you said, and it was silly then NJ, and it is just as silly now.

Absolutely we assume what is reported far and wide is correct. Ive said this countless times. Fans need to differentiate between a filler story and a report of what has happened. These guys have amazing contacts. I don't think the Daily Mail have got a Swans story wrong (or cardiff) in years, they clearly have their finger on the pulse with the two South Wales clubs.

Its the same every time. Bony to be sold in january (bollocks!). Michu to be loaned to napoli (bollocks!), Sinclair to man city (bollocks!), spanish divide in camp (bollocks!). Monk to take over (bollocks!). Swansea to sign gomis (bollocks!) ad infinitum.

The deal was £17m to bring him here. If you choose not to believe that then its up to you.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 15:54]

Forum celebrity

Gomis a goner? on 15:54 - Jan 15 with 2790 viewsDarran

Gomis a goner? on 15:47 - Jan 15 by Neath_Jack

i don't know why I'm being mentioned he doesn't know and that's a fact.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis a goner? on 15:57 - Jan 15 with 2775 viewsParlay

Gomis a goner? on 15:54 - Jan 15 by Darran

You are being mentioned because you troll this place and are deliberately obtuse.

We all know..., some just choose not to believe it due to the misguided notion that they are always being lied to.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 15:58]

Forum celebrity

Gomis a goner? on 15:58 - Jan 15 with 2775 viewsOldjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-garr

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gomis a goner? on 15:59 - Jan 15 with 2773 viewsNeath_Jack

Gomis a goner? on 15:54 - Jan 15 by Darran

I know he doesn't. It's not ok for others to assume, but it's ok for him to, when it suits of course. I was just showing him the error of his ways, i'll leave him to it now.

As Monty used to say, "My work here is done".

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gomis a goner? on 16:00 - Jan 15 with 2754 viewsParlay

Gomis a goner? on 15:58 - Jan 15 by Oldjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-garr

Rubbish, thats not an official source. Go away with your lies trying to poison our brains OldJack

Forum celebrity

Gomis a goner? on 16:01 - Jan 15 with 2749 viewsParlay

Gomis a goner? on 15:59 - Jan 15 by Neath_Jack

I know he doesn't. It's not ok for others to assume, but it's ok for him to, when it suits of course. I was just showing him the error of his ways, i'll leave him to it now.

Im glad you have retreated for your sake... because this is one you had absolutely not a cat in hells chance of winning.

The deal was £17m as reported.

(By "its not ok for others to assume" - do you mean a jury sentencing someone to 5 years in prison on a guess? And you are comparing it to a newspaper with a direct contact at our club and havent been wrong about a story for as long as i can remember.... Right? Oh and every news outlet there is also.)

[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 16:06]

Forum celebrity

Gomis a goner? on 16:06 - Jan 15 with 2740 viewsDarran

Gomis a goner? on 15:59 - Jan 15 by Neath_Jack

Yeah you retreat now just incase like.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gomis a goner? on 16:10 - Jan 15 with 2717 viewsParlay

Gomis a goner? on 16:06 - Jan 15 by Darran

Yeah you retreat now just incase like.

Innit.

I remember a thread I made last year with the heading something like "where has this 'its bollocks because its in the paper' movement come from". In it I showed the accuracy of the daily mail to our transfer news, and then compared it to the lack of belief shown by fans as a blanket response. They then forget how right the information is and revert to type straight away regarding the next story. It is a never ending cycle of fans saying "bollocks, its in the paper" - only to be proven they are yet again misguided.

Its pretty easy to tell the filler daily star stories from the accurate accounts. Unfortunately football fans have a tendency to brush them all with the outlandish rumours of a few sources regardless of track record. Nowt as queer as folk they say.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 16:11]

Forum celebrity

Gomis a goner? on 16:30 - Jan 15 with 2532 viewsWarwickHunt

Gomis a goner? on 15:58 - Jan 15 by Oldjack

Mandy Rice-Davies was unavailable for comment.
Gomis a goner? on 17:12 - Jan 15 with 2463 viewsperchrockjack

One liners are the future.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis a goner? on 00:49 - Jan 16 with 2253 viewsTom1912

Having had some exposure to football contracts through my previous job, in my experience the press know absolutely feck all.

The majority of the time, someone guesses and the rest echo it and it becomes gospel.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 0:50]
Gomis a goner? on 10:45 - Jan 16 with 2151 viewsjacabertawe

Quotes from his agent:

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/newcastle-approach-bafetimbi-gomis-fren

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Gomis a goner? on 10:50 - Jan 16 with 2122 viewslonglostjack

Which club in their right senses would offer a player a guaranteed starting place?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024