Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. 14:35 - Jan 24 with 8479 viewsNOTRAC

Whatever our present position we are on the slide. There are too many players going backwards.
Something needs to be done and done quickly.
I am now beginning to fear for our future.
The quality has gone.Our top goal scorer is gone, and at the moment we are playing like headless chickens.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:06 - Jan 24 with 1761 views3swan

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 14:57 - Jan 24 by Pegojack

I agree with everything you've said in this thread, except the line "thank God we are in a position where we do not have to worry about relegation".
We have one recognised striker at the club who doesn't want to be there and seems to have an over inflated opinion of his own ability, as witnessed today. Where are the goals going to come from to get those 10 points? The only other guy in our team who seems able to score has just earned himself a three match ban.
To say I'm not looking forward to the Soton game is the understatement of the century.

I do think we will limp to enough points to stay up, but this team at the moment is not showing enough commitment to win matches.

Our 'style' over the last few years has been support play giving options for the player on the ball. We did that by not giving the opposition time on the ball and playing at a high tempo.

We tend to walk through games lately, with very little teamwork - every man for himself.
We have been a lightweight team with enough togetherness allowing as to play our game.

Now we are just lightweight and tend to fold
We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:07 - Jan 24 with 1756 viewsDarran

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:04 - Jan 24 by LeonisGod

really?

Go back and find the threads and you name the amount of money and I'll bet you it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:08 - Jan 24 with 1756 viewsbarry_island

There are no Americans on the streets of Baghdad...

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:09 - Jan 24 with 1737 viewsswansealad69

Should monk be sacked? Yoy have to look at it both ways.
Hsve the board got anyone in mind who can step in? I dought it as they put all there efforts in monk, so it could be a big risk to sack him now.
But if they stick with him, the players look lost and discipline under monk is poor.
Our trade mark passing movement and patient football has gone, and lets be honest we aint been playing our game most this season and struggling to kill games off.
So should he go? I say no but the clyb needs to look at next season as we have the points to keep us up but if we start a new season the way we are then we will go down.
We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:10 - Jan 24 with 1723 viewsDyfnant

Wilf's goals had been carrying us, we now have a striker with a powder puff shot that needs shooting practice pronto

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:12 - Jan 24 with 1697 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

It's almost like people think we're experiencing, *ahem*, wait for it...

...the strong principles we have had at Swansea City over the last ten years slowly being eroded...

Where have I heard that before...;)

Very grim today, very grim.

A lot of the vitriol seems to be forgetting we were 10-11 for almost an entire game against a top 10 Championship side who only dropped down from the Prem a couple of years ago; It was a tough ask.

However, it was still pisspoor fromus; Nothing in the way of positives to take out of that. Dyer is just utterly broken, even Montero was utter sh*t when he came on. I heartily laughed out loud at his chipped up back-pass effort to their keeper which I think was meant as a cross...*titter*

Sigh, two consecutive weekends of hurt pride and wondering what actually is going on at Swansea City these days. I questioned Monk's appointment as manager, but he turned me around and I've been delighted how we've done up until recently overall, but we're in a dark place right now, and it'll be interesting to see how it pans out over the next month or so.

Honeymoon period is definitely over; Time to see what he's made of. Strap yourselves in.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:13 - Jan 24 with 1690 viewsWarwickHunt

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:08 - Jan 24 by barry_island

There are no Americans on the streets of Baghdad...

I hope we don't get another Comical Garry post-match interview. Obviously.
We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:13 - Jan 24 with 1688 viewsbuilthjack

We still need to extend the ground, definitely.

We also need Ki and Britton back in the crucial areas.
A winger and a centre forward a must too this week please.
I think we can get away with a back four of Naughton, Ash, Fernandes and dare I say Taylor.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:13 - Jan 24 with 1687 viewsDafyddHuw

Why no Naughton, and what's wrong with Leon?
We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:17 - Jan 24 with 1654 viewsGeoffThom

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:13 - Jan 24 by builthjack

We still need to extend the ground, definitely.

We also need Ki and Britton back in the crucial areas.
A winger and a centre forward a must too this week please.
I think we can get away with a back four of Naughton, Ash, Fernandes and dare I say Taylor.

Got to stop mucking about and get Olsen in my eyes and now we've got a dm as well
We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:18 - Jan 24 with 1644 viewsbluenile

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:04 - Jan 24 by Darran

You don't think we should extend the ground because of our poor performances over the last few weeks?

Come on Darran, you know what was meant. I remember when John Toshack took us into the old First Division and we built the new East Stand. He was happily telling his mentor, Bill Shankly, that the grandiose plans were to build the equivalent of the new stand all around the ground. Shankly then said "Listen son, get it right on the pitch before you start worrying about things like that". I think it's highly unlikely that we'll get relegated this year, but having said that, it's not an impossibilty. Losing is a habit learned as easily as winning. I'm not panicking, nor asking for Garry Monk's head, but it's painfully obvious that if we end up in a dogfight, then Bafetimbi Gomis is the poodle to the other team's Rottweillers. Money in the bank is one thing, players who win you games are another. As for today's game, we were up against it after going down to ten men, however I thought we went in at half time with optimism and had held our own. Second half was as poor as it gets, with midfield players backing off and letting them play. Garry gave an interview afterwards where he said "I thought we controlled the second half up until they scored their second"...................Really??.............Now that IS worrying.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:20 - Jan 24 with 1625 viewsDr_Winston

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:18 - Jan 24 by bluenile

Come on Darran, you know what was meant. I remember when John Toshack took us into the old First Division and we built the new East Stand. He was happily telling his mentor, Bill Shankly, that the grandiose plans were to build the equivalent of the new stand all around the ground. Shankly then said "Listen son, get it right on the pitch before you start worrying about things like that". I think it's highly unlikely that we'll get relegated this year, but having said that, it's not an impossibilty. Losing is a habit learned as easily as winning. I'm not panicking, nor asking for Garry Monk's head, but it's painfully obvious that if we end up in a dogfight, then Bafetimbi Gomis is the poodle to the other team's Rottweillers. Money in the bank is one thing, players who win you games are another. As for today's game, we were up against it after going down to ten men, however I thought we went in at half time with optimism and had held our own. Second half was as poor as it gets, with midfield players backing off and letting them play. Garry gave an interview afterwards where he said "I thought we controlled the second half up until they scored their second"...................Really??.............Now that IS worrying.

We've had it right on the pitch for the last four years. Had it right off the pitch for the most part too.

Comes a time when you've just got to grow a pair and take the plunge.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:20 - Jan 24 with 1617 viewsDarran

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:18 - Jan 24 by bluenile

No I didn't and still don't know what was meant,things still need to happen off the field even if we're completely dire on it.

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:21 - Jan 24 with 1604 viewsunion_jack

Excellent post. Agree with everything you say but would say that losing is a lot harder habit to give up than winning.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:22 - Jan 24 with 1593 viewsdeanscfc

"Garry gave an interview afterwards where he said "I thought we controlled the second half up until they scored their second"

He's made a few comments like that have been worrying. After the Liverpool saying we hadn't played that badly was the worst for me. We were 100% outplayed in that game to an extent that I couldn't remember in the PL previously.
We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:22 - Jan 24 with 1476 views3swan

" Garry gave an interview afterwards where he said "I thought we controlled the second half up until they scored their second"...................Really??.............Now that IS worrying."

Totally agree, if that's his honest view and not just a TV interview.
We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:24 - Jan 24 with 1460 viewsDr_Winston

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:22 - Jan 24 by 3swan

" Garry gave an interview afterwards where he said "I thought we controlled the second half up until they scored their second"...................Really??.............Now that IS worrying."

Totally agree, if that's his honest view and not just a TV interview.

Why should the two things be any different?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:27 - Jan 24 with 1434 viewsAngelRangelQS

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:12 - Jan 24 by FearOfAJackPlanet

It's almost like people think we're experiencing, *ahem*, wait for it...

...the strong principles we have had at Swansea City over the last ten years slowly being eroded...

Where have I heard that before...;)

Very grim today, very grim.

A lot of the vitriol seems to be forgetting we were 10-11 for almost an entire game against a top 10 Championship side who only dropped down from the Prem a couple of years ago; It was a tough ask.

However, it was still pisspoor fromus; Nothing in the way of positives to take out of that. Dyer is just utterly broken, even Montero was utter sh*t when he came on. I heartily laughed out loud at his chipped up back-pass effort to their keeper which I think was meant as a cross...*titter*

Sigh, two consecutive weekends of hurt pride and wondering what actually is going on at Swansea City these days. I questioned Monk's appointment as manager, but he turned me around and I've been delighted how we've done up until recently overall, but we're in a dark place right now, and it'll be interesting to see how it pans out over the next month or so.

Honeymoon period is definitely over; Time to see what he's made of. Strap yourselves in.

A draw would have been a decent result with 11 v 11 imo - down to 10 men, it was always going to be tough but it was rather worrying to see certain players look poor today.

The likes of Gomis, Dyer, Shelvey, etc you'd have expected to have shown something today but they didn't.

I agree that now is the time to see what Monk is made of. We've been disjointed lately but then we have had a lot of upheaval in terms of injuries, suspensions and these farcical international tournaments.

Rangel today again showed us why we needed a new right back so badly and Tiendalli why we need a new left one to compete with taylor. Let's hope we can also sort this Gomis mess out one way or another too.

10 points should be easy but I don't think I'd bet my house on it right now
We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:27 - Jan 24 with 1429 views3swan

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:24 - Jan 24 by Dr_Winston

Why should the two things be any different?

They shouldn't,but we keep being told in football that what goes on behind closed doors is different.

We had Rodgers saying the same sort of things.

We played badly and if Garry thinks that we did well for any prolonged period in that game then he can borrow my specs
We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:31 - Jan 24 with 1407 viewsDr_Winston

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:27 - Jan 24 by 3swan

They shouldn't,but we keep being told in football that what goes on behind closed doors is different.

We had Rodgers saying the same sort of things.

We played badly and if Garry thinks that we did well for any prolonged period in that game then he can borrow my specs

Monk's been happy enough to publically lambast certain players this season (and I don't necessarily disagree with his decision to do so), so we can only assume that he does genuinely believe that to be the case.

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:33 - Jan 24 with 1391 views3swan

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:31 - Jan 24 by Dr_Winston

Monk's been happy enough to publically lambast certain players this season (and I don't necessarily disagree with his decision to do so), so we can only assume that he does genuinely believe that to be the case.

Ok my specs are in the post to the Liberty on Monday then
We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:33 - Jan 24 with 1382 viewsDarran

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:31 - Jan 24 by Dr_Winston

Managers,all managers talk shit in interviews J and if the bloke doesn't realise there's some had work ahead he shouldn't be a manager.

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:37 - Jan 24 with 1361 viewsjackonicko

He didn't specifically name Rangel in his post match interview today, but it was pretty clear who he was talking about when he criticised our defending for the second,
We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:40 - Jan 24 with 1325 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:37 - Jan 24 by jackonicko

He didn't specifically name Rangel in his post match interview today, but it was pretty clear who he was talking about when he criticised our defending for the second,

Mmmm...Rangel marking the opposition goal threat at set-pieces and get's easily beaten once or twice a season? well, player's fault is a valid argument.

It happens time and time and time again..?

Who's fault is that?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:41 - Jan 24 with 1324 viewsAngelRangelQS

We are on the slide and something needs to be done quickly. on 15:33 - Jan 24 by Darran

Managers,all managers talk shit in interviews J and if the bloke doesn't realise there's some had work ahead he shouldn't be a manager.

He didn't have the look of a man who thought we'd played even remotely well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024