Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teabag RIP 15:31 - Jan 27 with 19739 viewsDarran

http://www.thewave.co.uk/news/local/rip-swanseas-tea-cosy-pete/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Teabag RIP on 20:01 - Jan 28 with 2328 viewsSwanjack10

For sale
1 x green wax raincoat
1x wooly hat
1xheavily soiled trousers
1xbag of various items
Pair of boots,very high mileage but very reliable
Ffs statue,legend etc,what next ?rip the pete.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Teabag RIP on 20:57 - Jan 28 with 2282 viewsVetchitBack

Teabag RIP on 20:01 - Jan 28 by Swanjack10

For sale
1 x green wax raincoat
1x wooly hat
1xheavily soiled trousers
1xbag of various items
Pair of boots,very high mileage but very reliable
Ffs statue,legend etc,what next ?rip the pete.

I think a statue or at least some prominent artwork in his memory would be a great idea.

To show how little decency costs.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Teabag RIP on 21:37 - Jan 28 with 2247 viewsdickythorpe

Teabag RIP on 23:49 - Jan 28 with 2182 viewsLeonisGod

Teabag RIP on 20:57 - Jan 28 by VetchitBack

I think a statue or at least some prominent artwork in his memory would be a great idea.

To show how little decency costs.

From the little I've read about him on here, it sounds like a statue is the last thing that he would have wanted.
Teabag RIP on 03:47 - Jan 29 with 2156 viewsZut_Alors

Teabag RIP on 23:49 - Jan 28 by LeonisGod

From the little I've read about him on here, it sounds like a statue is the last thing that he would have wanted.

Have to agree with this.

IMO, the tributes don't necessarily stem from a personal connection to Pete. Instead, it's more a connection to Swansea that's gone. Tea Cosy Pete was part of the environment, part of the city, so with his passing, a part of that goes too. At least that's how I see it.
Teabag RIP on 10:35 - Jan 29 with 2101 viewsjacabertawe

Teabag RIP on 03:47 - Jan 29 by Zut_Alors

Have to agree with this.

IMO, the tributes don't necessarily stem from a personal connection to Pete. Instead, it's more a connection to Swansea that's gone. Tea Cosy Pete was part of the environment, part of the city, so with his passing, a part of that goes too. At least that's how I see it.

Agreed. Perhaps something simple in Castle Gardens and donations to The Cyrenians?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Teabag RIP on 11:21 - Jan 29 with 2074 viewsPonderosa

RIP to a gent who didn't bother anybody. Although, judging by the faux grief I'm seeing on most websites I'm hoping he'll posthumously get the Nobel Prize for Bindipping, seeing as he was so revered by everyone

Bring The Missus

Teabag RIP on 12:00 - Jan 29 with 2053 viewsVetchitBack

Teabag RIP on 23:49 - Jan 28 by LeonisGod

Agreed hence my second suggestion

Login to get fewer ads

Teabag RIP on 14:05 - Jan 29 with 2018 viewsrockgodwillie

Teabag RIP on 21:37 - Jan 28 by dickythorpe

I remember this picture from a website called aardvark cymru or somethin? Looks like it now defunct. Had some good stuff on it. Teabag was featured along with the Killay woodman, and some other local characters. Anyone else come across it?

Anyway, Rip Pete, and god bless.
Teabag RIP on 18:51 - Jan 29 with 1955 viewsdickythorpe

Killay Woodman? Who he?
Teabag RIP on 19:32 - Jan 29 with 1937 viewslibertine

so no one actually knew his real story?

I had this friend he always used to talk to him and in honesty I never asked my friend what the real story was, this friend of mine was strangely interested in him and other tramps who lived on the street in the 70/80's.

I obviously didn't understand why he was interested in talking to a tramp (I was 14/15 at the time and a little scared) This friend of mine ran away with the fair when he was 15 and now 50 something sleeps rough in singleton park.

The council have given him a place but he actually prefers to sleep rough so thast what he does, bizarre!
Teabag RIP on 19:39 - Jan 29 with 1930 viewslondonlisa2001

Teabag RIP on 03:47 - Jan 29 by Zut_Alors

Have to agree with this.

A very good point. As someone who has lived away for the best part of 30 years, the people and things that made the City what we will always remember as home are important.

On a similar theme, I will always remember what I used to call the 'Evening Post family'. I have no idea what their names were, but the Dad used to dress as a cowboy (with hat, spurs and chaps and even a toy pistol) and the Mum and daughters used to sell the Post around Swansea as well. One of them was always outside C&A. I wonder what ever happened to them?
Teabag RIP on 19:48 - Jan 29 with 1921 viewsdickythorpe

Teabag RIP on 19:39 - Jan 29 by londonlisa2001

A very good point. As someone who has lived away for the best part of 30 years, the people and things that made the City what we will always remember as home are important.

On a similar theme, I will always remember what I used to call the 'Evening Post family'. I have no idea what their names were, but the Dad used to dress as a cowboy (with hat, spurs and chaps and even a toy pistol) and the Mum and daughters used to sell the Post around Swansea as well. One of them was always outside C&A. I wonder what ever happened to them?

Rounded up and sent back to Cefn Coed.
Teabag RIP on 19:52 - Jan 29 with 1914 viewsVetchitBack

Teabag RIP on 19:39 - Jan 29 by londonlisa2001

Killed in a gunfight at the OK Coracle

Teabag RIP on 19:53 - Jan 29 with 1913 viewsdickythorpe

Teabag RIP on 19:52 - Jan 29 by VetchitBack

Killed in a gunfight at the OK Coracle

Teabag RIP on 19:55 - Jan 29 with 1909 viewslondonlisa2001

Teabag RIP on 19:53 - Jan 29 by dickythorpe

am I the only one that remembers them?
Teabag RIP on 19:57 - Jan 29 with 1900 viewsJackfath

I think they set up thejackarmy.net

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Teabag RIP on 19:58 - Jan 29 with 1897 viewsdickythorpe

Teabag RIP on 19:55 - Jan 29 by londonlisa2001

am I the only one that remembers them?

I can remember C&A, and the Evening Post was sold outside by a woman with a triple chin with a massive strand of hair growing out of lowest chin.

No Wyatt Earp and family though!!
Teabag RIP on 20:02 - Jan 29 with 1884 viewslondonlisa2001

Teabag RIP on 19:58 - Jan 29 by dickythorpe

I can remember C&A, and the Evening Post was sold outside by a woman with a triple chin with a massive strand of hair growing out of lowest chin.

No Wyatt Earp and family though!!

the quite large lady was one of the family. The wife and daughters were all quite large (very large) and the father was a skinny guy but always dressed as a cowboy :-)

Always one outside the other entrance to the market as well (opposite the shoe shop) next to Lloyds.
Teabag RIP on 20:03 - Jan 29 with 1880 viewsJackfath

Teabag RIP on 20:02 - Jan 29 by londonlisa2001

the quite large lady was one of the family. The wife and daughters were all quite large (very large) and the father was a skinny guy but always dressed as a cowboy :-)

Always one outside the other entrance to the market as well (opposite the shoe shop) next to Lloyds.

Perhaps the large lady ate them.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Teabag RIP on 20:03 - Jan 29 with 1877 viewsdickythorpe

Teabag RIP on 20:02 - Jan 29 by londonlisa2001

Well I have learned something!!!

There was always a man selling lighters nearby as well. I'm sure he was banned as they were exploding in people's pockets and handbags
Teabag RIP on 20:04 - Jan 29 with 1874 viewslondonlisa2001

Teabag RIP on 20:03 - Jan 29 by Jackfath

Perhaps the large lady ate them.

perhaps so.
Teabag RIP on 20:04 - Jan 29 with 1874 viewslibertine

lisa,

you are talking about the Smuttos's, I think they lived down by the vetch, they were big swans fans and serious nutters,

the last time I one of them was in the bryn y mor about 15 years ago, Charlie smutto headbutting nutter case absolutely hammered falling into people.

I remember the first time I encountered the Tw@ in Virgin records he attacked the girl who used to work there Wendy because she was a punk, he picked up a big heavy standalone ashtray and threw it at her,

nice guy, sadly missed I guess hes locked up.
Teabag RIP on 20:06 - Jan 29 with 1869 viewsNeath_Jack

Teabag RIP on 14:05 - Jan 29 by rockgodwillie

I remember this picture from a website called aardvark cymru or somethin? Looks like it now defunct. Had some good stuff on it. Teabag was featured along with the Killay woodman, and some other local characters. Anyone else come across it?

Anyway, Rip Pete, and god bless.

Aye i remember that site, was some really funny stuff on there. Another "celebrity" was Arfon Haines Davies.

Big swans fans who run it if i remember correctly, one went to Australia to live i think.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Teabag RIP on 20:08 - Jan 29 with 1862 viewslondonlisa2001

Teabag RIP on 20:04 - Jan 29 by libertine

lisa,

you are talking about the Smuttos's, I think they lived down by the vetch, they were big swans fans and serious nutters,

the last time I one of them was in the bryn y mor about 15 years ago, Charlie smutto headbutting nutter case absolutely hammered falling into people.

I remember the first time I encountered the Tw@ in Virgin records he attacked the girl who used to work there Wendy because she was a punk, he picked up a big heavy standalone ashtray and threw it at her,

nice guy, sadly missed I guess hes locked up.

yes - that's it!!

They were definitely big Swans fans - the girls often had a Swans scarf on when the weather turned a little chilly!

He was often seen outside the Valbonne as well. Long black hair and a cowboy hat :-)

I remember the punk girl in Virgin records - didn't know her name though. Good shop that used to be back in the day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024