Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teabag RIP 15:31 - Jan 27 with 19753 viewsDarran

http://www.thewave.co.uk/news/local/rip-swanseas-tea-cosy-pete/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Teabag RIP on 15:35 - Jan 27 with 6181 viewsMcTaff

So sad. If there were more Pete's in this world, it woukd be a better place. RIP to a gentle soul.
Teabag RIP on 15:36 - Jan 27 with 6176 viewsjackharris

Whoops again I was composing my thread when you were putting yours up.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 15:37]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Teabag RIP on 15:36 - Jan 27 with 6172 viewsNogginthenog

Yes that is sad news. RIP.
Teabag RIP on 15:38 - Jan 27 with 6160 viewsOldjack

Never harmed a soul R.I.P.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Teabag RIP on 15:49 - Jan 27 with 6123 viewslibertine

I remember reading in the post
that he had found a wallet in late night town opened it and found the address and walked over to Manselton to give it to the owner.

there aren't many who would do that for a total stranger.

Whats the history on the gentleman?

so many rumours

R.I.P.
Teabag RIP on 15:51 - Jan 27 with 6114 viewsOldjack

Teabag RIP on 15:49 - Jan 27 by libertine

I remember reading in the post
that he had found a wallet in late night town opened it and found the address and walked over to Manselton to give it to the owner.

there aren't many who would do that for a total stranger.

Whats the history on the gentleman?

so many rumours

R.I.P.

Peter, also known by the name Teabag, hit the headlines back in the 1990s after walking to Kittle in Gower to return a bag containing £7,000 to its owner.

When the owner offered him a reward, it's said he smiled and said " my reward is returning it" and just walked back to town.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Teabag RIP on 16:06 - Jan 27 with 6070 viewsskippyjack

The hospital released him.. then suffered another stroke.. are they killing off homeless people now?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Teabag RIP on 16:27 - Jan 27 with 6013 viewsSwanzay

RIP Pete, a Swansea icon.
Login to get fewer ads

Teabag RIP on 16:48 - Jan 27 with 5953 viewsicecoldjack

RIP Pete.

a kind soul who was a credit to himself. Says everything that this guy made the papers,message boards and is plastered with tributes all over facebook.
Teabag RIP on 16:49 - Jan 27 with 5938 viewsonetimejack

RIP tea cosy Pete.

Poll: Should Jackfath refrain from starting threads in the football only board

Teabag RIP on 16:58 - Jan 27 with 5920 viewsjacabertawe

So sad. He was part of Swansea's "furniture". I wonder if we will now know his real identity?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Teabag RIP on 17:42 - Jan 27 with 5840 viewsdickythorpe

RIP

One rumour was that he was a millionaire!!! Believe what you will but as already mentioned he never hurt a fly.
Teabag RIP on 17:46 - Jan 27 with 5829 viewsDarran

My mother used to do voluntary work in Swansea and every morning she'd open up he'd be sleeping under a bush,she'd make a cup of tea every time and he'd say "thank you very much but no thank you" and refuse it.

My mother also reckons his brothers a vicar in Swansea ????

Teabag RIP on 17:47 - Jan 27 with 5822 viewsperchrockjack

.. and you were called "teabag" presumably as a form of insult..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Teabag RIP on 18:07 - Jan 27 with 5788 viewsVetchitBack

He certainly wasn't a millionaire but at one point had just shy of 10,000 in the bank as my father worked in Kingsway Post Office at the time told me.

Part of Swansea folklore now.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Teabag RIP on 18:21 - Jan 27 with 5740 viewsskippyjack

He was a very intelligent man.. he was academically educated to a very high standard when he was young.. decided to live on the streets so he didn't have to pay tax and get used by the establishment.. he didn't believe in greed and the educational systems ethos..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Teabag RIP on 18:25 - Jan 27 with 5729 viewsDarran

Teabag RIP on 18:07 - Jan 27 by VetchitBack

He certainly wasn't a millionaire but at one point had just shy of 10,000 in the bank as my father worked in Kingsway Post Office at the time told me.

Part of Swansea folklore now.

Sounds like your old man has the credentials to be a mod on here.

Teabag RIP on 18:42 - Jan 27 with 5691 viewsjackpot

He was offered social housing but turned it down.
Intelligence wise I would say he was ok but nothing great as some try to make out.
If anyone tried to take a photo of him he would run a mile.
He had various haunts to sleep out and was always complaining that change/progress would end up with him having to find somewhere else to sleep.
He slept under the bushes outside the Quakers building in St Helens Road for years until they had the bushes cut down.
Was rumoured to be into money lending to other homeless /socially down people.
Teabag RIP on 18:43 - Jan 27 with 5691 viewsWhiterockin

Teabag RIP on 15:51 - Jan 27 by Oldjack

Peter, also known by the name Teabag, hit the headlines back in the 1990s after walking to Kittle in Gower to return a bag containing £7,000 to its owner.

When the owner offered him a reward, it's said he smiled and said " my reward is returning it" and just walked back to town.

On one drunken night out I had a long chat with Pete about this, while sitting in the gutter on a glorious sunny evening.

The Evening Post put in the paper about the reward and said that they were holding it if Pete would like to contact them. I asked him why he didn't just pop in and give it to charity if he didn't want it.

He said let me just ask you this in reply. Why do you think the Evening Post put it in the paper when they know where to find me. All the reporters that they have round about and the can't find me, if they wanted to. They put it in to fill pages and sell papers. If I went in to collect it, there would have been another spread to sell yet more papers for the capitalists.

Pete was a lovely friendly intelligent man who will be greatly missed. The world could do with more of the same.

God Bless Pete. RIP.
Teabag RIP on 18:59 - Jan 27 with 5645 viewsJackfath

A statue of him in Castle Square would be fitting.

I would virtually guarantee that money could be raised through donation for this by the good folk of Swansea in memoriam of a legend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Teabag RIP on 19:09 - Jan 27 with 5619 viewsDr_Winston

Teabag RIP on 16:58 - Jan 27 by jacabertawe

So sad. He was part of Swansea's "furniture". I wonder if we will now know his real identity?

A guy I used to work with claimed his name was Brian Burford. He used to sign on in some of the old Swansea jobcentres before he just dropped out of society and went his own way.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Teabag RIP on 19:45 - Jan 27 with 5541 viewsjacabertawe

Teabag RIP on 18:59 - Jan 27 by Jackfath

A statue of him in Castle Square would be fitting.

I would virtually guarantee that money could be raised through donation for this by the good folk of Swansea in memoriam of a legend.

https://www.justgiving.com/teacosypete/

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Teabag RIP on 20:39 - Jan 27 with 5444 viewsjacksinceever

RIP
Sounds like a real gent.
Teabag RIP on 20:42 - Jan 27 with 5430 viewsperchrockjack

Moving stuff winston

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Teabag RIP on 20:44 - Jan 27 with 5425 viewsDyfnant

Teabag RIP on 18:21 - Jan 27 by skippyjack

He was a very intelligent man.. he was academically educated to a very high standard when he was young.. decided to live on the streets so he didn't have to pay tax and get used by the establishment.. he didn't believe in greed and the educational systems ethos..

That contradicts what he told me to my face, he said he never chose to be homeless.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024