Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Down sizeing your job. 18:07 - Jan 28 with 7549 viewsjackportis

Anyone done it. Pack in a well paid job for another paying less reducing stress, dread and hassle? Any tips, regrets, or indeed no regrets?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Down sizeing your job. on 18:11 - Jan 28 with 3644 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Just watching the news about elderly care.

F@ck it ,blow the lot before you retire or they will take it all off you anyway.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Down sizeing your job. on 18:18 - Jan 28 with 3624 viewsDyfnant

Struggling through atm. Missus hates it when I work nights and also work every other weekend. The benefit of it being I should be able to retire at 50

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Down sizeing your job. on 18:40 - Jan 28 with 3598 viewsPacemaker

Gave up a job almost thirty years ago earning a lot of money but involved a great deal of travelling, stress and time away from the family.

My arse dropped out the first payslip I had in my current job but you just live life accordingly, tough at first but plenty of people live on less. Never owned a BMW, Audi, Merc or Jag and never will but never missed working away either.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Down sizeing your job. on 18:42 - Jan 28 with 3586 viewsskippyjack

How can people get stressed.. honest to f*ck.. your experience of life should deal with it.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Down sizeing your job. on 18:45 - Jan 28 with 3588 viewsjackportis

Down sizeing your job. on 18:42 - Jan 28 by skippyjack

How can people get stressed.. honest to f*ck.. your experience of life should deal with it.

Clearly u are happy in your job...

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Down sizeing your job. on 18:46 - Jan 28 with 3575 viewsskippyjack

Down sizeing your job. on 18:45 - Jan 28 by jackportis

Clearly u are happy in your job...

Haven't got one..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Down sizeing your job. on 18:47 - Jan 28 with 3582 viewsSenhin

I could have gone somewhere for 5k more and a better vehicle deal and less stress a few months back. Starting to wish I took it after this last week of shit.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Down sizeing your job. on 18:54 - Jan 28 with 3555 viewsmax936

I've got all that and Im not paid well, getting stressed hassle and dreading work is built into your personality I think, some days and weeks are better than others, but its all relevant, disturbed sleep is the worst especially if you're not the greatest of sleepers
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 18:54]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Down sizeing your job. on 19:11 - Jan 28 with 3512 viewsdickythorpe

Down sizeing your job. on 18:42 - Jan 28 by skippyjack

Did you ever work? Ever work for a boss that pushed you so much you got ill?
Ever worked for a firm that back tracked on pay rises?
Ever worked for a firm that demanded more but for the same or less pay NOT more?
Ever worked for a firm that wouldn't give you the holidays you booked?
Down sizeing your job. on 19:20 - Jan 28 with 3486 viewsskippyjack

Down sizeing your job. on 19:11 - Jan 28 by dickythorpe

Ever worked for a firm that demanded more but for the same or less pay NOT more?

Of course.. he didn't push me.. I voluntarily f*cked myself on purpose.. (his loss)
Obviously..
They didn't demand more..
Nope..

Down sizeing your job. on 19:34 - Jan 28 with 3469 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Down sizeing your job. on 19:11 - Jan 28 by dickythorpe

You need to get a union in there .

Down sizeing your job. on 19:40 - Jan 28 with 3455 viewsdickythorpe

Down sizeing your job. on 19:34 - Jan 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

You need to get a union in there .

"We do not recognise unions"
Down sizeing your job. on 19:43 - Jan 28 with 3444 viewsnavyjack

Im looking forward to it in a few years; little number in B&Q or similar,turn up, show folks where the dulux and MDF is and go home. And none of the B*llshit inbetween..yes i'll have a bit of a pension to supplement but cant wait to do something with Minimal responsibility...and I just know I'll be content..
Down sizeing your job. on 19:45 - Jan 28 with 3438 viewsepaul

Not strictly downsized job but when got made redundant in 2011, when eventually got job, it was almost half the pay, still there and I love it, not a jot of stress I go at my pace and decide what i do, be quite happy in this job until the day I retire

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Down sizeing your job. on 20:07 - Jan 28 with 3406 viewsLeonisGod

Down sizeing your job. on 18:11 - Jan 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

F@ck it ,blow the lot before you retire or they will take it all off you anyway.

There's some truth in that. My grandparents scrimped and saved for years off 1 low wage and refused any sort of benefits. Then the whole lot went on bl00dy social services home care charges and then retirement home top-ups. Once the money runs out the state picks up the bill, so I don't see the point in saving if you can only save a bit. Different if you've hundreds of thousands in savings though.
Down sizeing your job. on 20:08 - Jan 28 with 3403 viewsjackportis

Down sizeing your job. on 19:45 - Jan 28 by epaul

Not strictly downsized job but when got made redundant in 2011, when eventually got job, it was almost half the pay, still there and I love it, not a jot of stress I go at my pace and decide what i do, be quite happy in this job until the day I retire

Good for u. Thats wat im after.

Down sizeing your job. on 20:15 - Jan 28 with 3392 viewsLord_Bony

I suppose I ve been lucky most of my working life I ve been my own boss,so I have no idea what stress in the work place is...though I did experience it in my first job after leaving school...that's when I vowed never to go back to that.

I would one day like to retire somewhere like Thailand,even Spain where it's possible to live a real good life on just a simple income stream if need be.totally different to working in London or a big city.

Recently heard of a local someone who was a surgeon and gave it all up to become a taxi driver...never been happier apparently,also an accountant turned jazz musician is another.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Down sizeing your job. on 20:48 - Jan 28 with 3339 viewsmonmouth

Yes I totally changed direction near on 10 years ago and life has been terrific ever since. Recommended, but only if the finances add up. You don't want to be scratching around for a few quid wishing you were still getting the bigger dosh. Especially as you have more time to spend it.

You also don't want to be doing something that bores the arse off you. The 'no stress' novelty would soon wear off. I asked some close friends what they thought my strengths and weaknesses were and what I'd be good at. They were spot on. Don't do that if you can't take criticism mind.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Down sizeing your job. on 21:06 - Jan 28 with 3304 viewsskippyjack

Down sizeing your job. on 20:48 - Jan 28 by monmouth

Yes I totally changed direction near on 10 years ago and life has been terrific ever since. Recommended, but only if the finances add up. You don't want to be scratching around for a few quid wishing you were still getting the bigger dosh. Especially as you have more time to spend it.

You also don't want to be doing something that bores the arse off you. The 'no stress' novelty would soon wear off. I asked some close friends what they thought my strengths and weaknesses were and what I'd be good at. They were spot on. Don't do that if you can't take criticism mind.

Well I'm not good at anything.. what do you suggest?.. because I'm a 'thickie'.. I can't read.. I can't write.. I can't do that.. been called a 'hooligan'.. I'm an ugly grotesque 'boy'.. you lack 'manners'.. you'll be on the 'dole'.. stop laying on the desk.. on the games last night skip? You're a scumbag.. you're not good enough son..down a class you go.. why ain't you doing your work today skip? Up all last night were you? you've got to stop mitching skip..you had fairly good attendance last year.. that's the highly educated views of people we've got in teaching.. thank God I mitched and played football.. that's all I can say..

Down sizeing your job. on 21:10 - Jan 28 with 3297 viewsepaul

Down sizeing your job. on 20:08 - Jan 28 by jackportis

Good for u. Thats wat im after.

and the beauty of it is they love me there, I actually changed the job to suit myself so Im not bored and the residents and building benefit, whilst the money aint great Im not bothered got enough to get by, they award me a bonus aboutb3 times a year as a thanks

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Down sizeing your job. on 21:17 - Jan 28 with 3273 viewsmax936

Down sizeing your job. on 21:10 - Jan 28 by epaul

and the beauty of it is they love me there, I actually changed the job to suit myself so Im not bored and the residents and building benefit, whilst the money aint great Im not bothered got enough to get by, they award me a bonus aboutb3 times a year as a thanks

That's because of all the brown tonguing you do by washing the guv's motor init

Down sizeing your job. on 21:19 - Jan 28 with 3265 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Down sizeing your job. on 19:40 - Jan 28 by dickythorpe

"We do not recognise unions"

Where you work china

If everyone got together there could be a chance to get one in.

Down sizeing your job. on 21:22 - Jan 28 with 3249 viewsepaul

Down sizeing your job. on 21:17 - Jan 28 by max936

That's because of all the brown tonguing you do by washing the guv's motor init

Oi the going rate for that is 4 cans mush

Down sizeing your job. on 21:57 - Jan 28 with 3180 viewsmax936

Down sizeing your job. on 21:22 - Jan 28 by epaul

Oi the going rate for that is 4 cans mush

Aye 4 cans of White Lightening

Down sizeing your job. on 22:02 - Jan 28 with 3162 viewsScoobyWho

Down sizeing your job. on 18:11 - Jan 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Close family relative has spent 28k of savings - only now is he allowed to claim, now he is skint and 3 months behind with his mortgage, he has paid in to the system for 44 years.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024