Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Renaming the Stadium 18:12 - Jan 28 with 5223 viewsswanskid95

If we did buy the stadium, am I correct in saying that we could rename it to what we want?

Not saying I would change the name, but its a possibility, and curious to know what Huw and the rest of the board would call the stadium.
Renaming the Stadium on 08:08 - Jan 30 with 1087 viewsdgt73

Renaming the Stadium on 00:03 - Jan 29 by SgorioFruit

White Rock,
Nothing else

White Rock? How much money have they got.?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Renaming the Stadium on 09:00 - Jan 30 with 1075 viewsjacksinceever

Renaming the Stadium on 08:08 - Jan 30 by dgt73

White Rock? How much money have they got.?

The only white Rock I know are White Rock Damproofing. I can't see them paying millions to name the ground somehow.
Renaming the Stadium on 10:01 - Jan 30 with 1046 viewsYr_Arglwydd_Rhys

I'd be happy with the White Rock.

I'm trying to work out whether those who are unsure of White Rock are serious in their ignorance or not. If the latter, it speaks volumes of our new fanbase.
Renaming the Stadium on 10:04 - Jan 30 with 1044 viewsPlazex

The Morfa Bowl? The new vetch? The tawe stadium? the Tan Arena? The LG Ground? The Swansea Arena? The Swan Field? The Copper Ground? The Nev Wilshire Stadium? The Hayley the tea lady ground? The GWFX Arena?

Poll: Where will we finish?

Renaming the Stadium on 10:11 - Jan 30 with 1037 viewsdgt73

Renaming the Stadium on 10:01 - Jan 30 by Yr_Arglwydd_Rhys

I'd be happy with the White Rock.

I'm trying to work out whether those who are unsure of White Rock are serious in their ignorance or not. If the latter, it speaks volumes of our new fanbase.

I know the significance of the white rock name, but any romanticism to have the stadium named that is a non starter. Why, because the stadium naming rights will go to the highest bidder within reason.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Renaming the Stadium on 12:04 - Jan 30 with 1008 viewsStarsky

Renaming the Stadium on 10:11 - Jan 30 by dgt73

I know the significance of the white rock name, but any romanticism to have the stadium named that is a non starter. Why, because the stadium naming rights will go to the highest bidder within reason.

Innit.
It seems the Real Welshies don't give a shyte about naming rights income.
I wonder what they'd put on the shirt... White Shirt?

It's just the internet, init.

Renaming the Stadium on 12:29 - Jan 30 with 990 views3swan

Renaming the Stadium on 09:25 - Jan 29 by Rico1983

Its my understanding that the current deal with Liberty is up this year, but i may be wrong...

I think you are right.

From memory the original deal was for 5 years and then extended to 10
Renaming the Stadium on 12:34 - Jan 30 with 980 views3swan

Renaming the Stadium on 10:11 - Jan 30 by dgt73

It could be incorporated with a sponsor name

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31032158
Login to get fewer ads

Renaming the Stadium on 12:39 - Jan 30 with 970 viewsAquinas

The Ferrie Bodde stand.
Renaming the Stadium on 07:58 - Jan 31 with 913 viewsjacksinceever

Renaming the Stadium on 09:00 - Jan 30 by jacksinceever

The only white Rock I know are White Rock Damproofing. I can't see them paying millions to name the ground somehow.

Many know the history of the derivative of White Rock.
However any company paying millions is going to want it named after them.
Cannot see Tescos or whoever being happy with "The Tesco White Rock Stadium" or whatever.
Renaming the Stadium on 08:12 - Jan 31 with 905 viewss1ackjack

Renaming the Stadium on 07:58 - Jan 31 by jacksinceever

Many know the history of the derivative of White Rock.
However any company paying millions is going to want it named after them.
Cannot see Tescos or whoever being happy with "The Tesco White Rock Stadium" or whatever.

Personally I like the name Liberty Stadium as it seems to speak of freedom, regardless of the fact it was named after Liberty Properties, I would like to keep it as we have now got used to it.
Why not have for example, the GWFX Liberty Stadium (or whoever else) We would then have 2 sponsors.

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

Renaming the Stadium on 08:20 - Jan 31 with 901 viewsjack247

I would guess the contract with Liberty would remain valid. Don't know how long it has to run. We could try to pay them off if required, like we did with 32red.

In reality, as others have said, we could call it what we liked once the Liberty contract was up, but we would just sell the naming rights to the highest bidder.
Renaming the Stadium on 10:10 - Jan 31 with 884 viewsGowerjack

Renaming the Stadium on 08:07 - Jan 30 by dgt73

This is definitely the way to go i think. Don't know the exact figures or time scale of any payments, but let's say £27 million over ten years = £2.7 million P/A, with stadium naming rights and a few concerts in the summers that figure of £2.7 million P/A would be easily affordable.

If it were that easy to generate almost 3million a year why would the council be looking to sell?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024