Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for some straight talking. 12:27 - Jan 29 with 9928 viewsperchrockjack

=============== Jackarmy boys can paste this if it stimulates you.

1. Where is the Evidence that this sell out will take place

2. If it does, why would it kill our club

3. If the current board of directors make a lot of money by a sale, quite wtf should we be arsed ;frankly why people who were pre -eminent in saving our club and putting our club into this whole new ball game are being vilified by questionable posters is deeply shaming. It makes us look like filth.

4.Why would any American incomers want to run down/asset stripour club when ,if we move up, they d make more.

5. If their involvement frees us from a rabid and feckless band of doombrains at Swansea Council, then surely its joy deep joy. Never forget it was a Swansea council that bought the vetch on the cheap and did nowt for us at all. We went bust as a result.
Now its karma time and our club-now a big deal- is calling the shots.

6. Not all American /foreign investment is necessarily bad.

7. I remember Swansea Town/City as being a basket case- a source of amusement for those denizens of a decrepit mind set. Now, look at us and this is just the beginning, but some are blinded by simply envy- ie Swansea people becoming rich, anathema to some, well not to all. THE BIGGEST CAUSE OF THIS VILIFICATION is simply the fact that directors ,those who took the risk to save us, will end up rich men. If they do, I really hope they enjoy it as we have everything to thank them for .

So.. its a matter of Trust and THE trust.

Who you believe will colour your thoughts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Time for some straight talking. on 21:55 - Jan 29 with 1697 viewsGroo

I believe the Man Utd owners did similar when they bought the club, didn't they fund loans through Man Utd for their purchase to pay the old owners?

Groo does what Groo does best

Time for some straight talking. on 23:12 - Jan 29 with 1642 viewsperchrockjack

Well groo s research should clear matters somewhat so we can relax a little and even maybe get rather excited at what might turn out to be triffic stuff.

People, as Bermuda suggests, are really looking at something sinister when in fact it is not.

Won't change a thing as well see tomorrow....

Won't we.

Pleasant night to all

Time for some straight talking. on 23:14 - Jan 29 with 1621 viewsParlay

Time for some straight talking. on 23:12 - Jan 29 by perchrockjack

Well groo s research should clear matters somewhat so we can relax a little and even maybe get rather excited at what might turn out to be triffic stuff.

People, as Bermuda suggests, are really looking at something sinister when in fact it is not.

Won't we.

Pleasant night to all

Then you clearly haven't understood what he said Perch. Do you ever read?

The club loses a load of money.

Keep up.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Time for some straight talking. on 23:27 - Jan 29 with 1612 viewsGroo

He's not broke that's for sure, this guy donated $50 million for a hospital wing.

he is a businessman though, I doubt he would treat Swansea City as a charity case.

There's also no evidence that he would pocket the TV money either.

In the 25 years prior to him taking over the baseball team, they had won 1 regional trophy.

In the 10 years (I think that's what i read) he owned them, they won 4 regional and one national trophy.

He invested fairly heavy in the team the first year or two and then held back as he invested $150 million on a new stadium.

He sold at a big profit but this was triggered by his divorce. Who knows if he would have sold otherwise?

Time for some straight talking. on 23:30 - Jan 29 with 1605 viewsjamiewales

Time for some straight talking. on 23:14 - Jan 29 by Parlay

Then you clearly haven't understood what he said Perch. Do you ever read?

The club loses a load of money.

Keep up.

I don`t know why you are bothering with some people with your time to be honest mate!
i think some people just expect far, far to much of us!
Time for some straight talking. on 23:31 - Jan 29 with 1607 viewsdameedna

Time for some straight talking. on 23:27 - Jan 29 by Groo

He's not broke that's for sure, this guy donated $50 million for a hospital wing.

he is a businessman though, I doubt he would treat Swansea City as a charity case.

In the 25 years prior to him taking over the baseball team, they had won 1 regional trophy.

In the 10 years (I think that's what i read) he owned them, they won 4 regional and one national trophy.

He invested fairly heavy in the team the first year or two and then held back as he invested $150 million on a new stadium.

He sold at a big profit but this was triggered by his divorce. Who knows if he would have sold otherwise?

Groo
Do you know what sort of % of ownership control he had to warrant going "all in', so to speak? Above 50% I presume, split with his wife.
Time for some straight talking. on 23:34 - Jan 29 with 1603 viewssixpenses

Won't we.

Pleasant night to all

Time for some straight talking. on 23:50 - Jan 29 with 1590 viewsUxbridge

Time for some straight talking. on 23:27 - Jan 29 by Groo

Oh well, might as well sell then

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Time for some straight talking. on 00:01 - Jan 30 with 1553 viewssixpenses

Time for some straight talking. on 16:06 - Jan 29 by GeoffThom

So when are some of the bright sparks on here who expect the guys running the club to carry on going to invest some of their hard earned cash to buy them out at a cheaper rate and keep the club in the prem and move them forward with their much needed cash injection because I don't see anyone else wanting the club and the guys running it are starting to tire of it plus probably want their money back with interest talk is cheap eh !

As far as I understand they have already had their money back with interest.

Talk is indeed cheap - so is selling the club to American profiteers in order to make massive personal windfall profits and pretend it is investment. Despite the club not getting a penny of it.

If I understand correctly the Board blocked the Trust from increasing it's share holding when Mel cashed in his shares (at a reasonable rate). Why except out of personal interest would the other shareholders want to suppress the Trust.

The more powerful the Trust the less attractive the shares are to money men who crave control. Which massively reduces the opportunity for massive windfall personal profits at the expense of the Club.
Time for some straight talking. on 00:05 - Jan 30 with 1546 viewsGroo

Time for some straight talking. on 23:50 - Jan 29 by Uxbridge

Oh well, might as well sell then

lol, couldn't tell you if its good or bad

Time for some straight talking. on 05:17 - Jan 30 with 1484 viewsStarsky

Won't we.

Pleasant night to all

Perch...
I remember you saying that you live within your means, don't go into debt etc.
That's the Swansea City blueprint.
Until we sell.
We'll be just like any other club then.
Might as well just play fantasy football. We are different. Let's stay that way.

It's just the internet, init.

Time for some straight talking. on 08:00 - Jan 30 with 1452 viewsDJack

Time for some straight talking. on 05:17 - Jan 30 by Starsky

Perch...
Until we sell.
Might as well just play fantasy football. We are different. Let's stay that way.

Succinctly put Starsky.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Time for some straight talking. on 08:04 - Jan 30 with 1450 viewsDr_Winston

Time for some straight talking. on 05:17 - Jan 30 by Starsky

Perch...
Until we sell.

Indeed.

The day we stop questioning those in charge of the club (and there's a worryingly large number of people who apparently can't wait to do just that) is the day we start to waste everything we've achieved over the last ten years.

Nobody is unanswerable to the fans. Jenkins, Dineen, Katzen, Moores. Nobody.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time for some straight talking. on 08:42 - Jan 30 with 1423 viewsDizzy

Time for some straight talking. on 08:04 - Jan 30 by Dr_Winston

Indeed.

The day we stop questioning those in charge of the club (and there's a worryingly large number of people who apparently can't wait to do just that) is the day we start to waste everything we've achieved over the last ten years.

Nobody is unanswerable to the fans. Jenkins, Dineen, Katzen, Moores. Nobody.

Again we have this mysterious WE.
Lest face it. WE achieved what WE did because of those men you mentioned. I wonder did you raise your concerns about them when they took over?
Time for some straight talking. on 09:22 - Jan 30 with 1401 viewsblueytheblue

Interruption time.

Going back to the second post, we've not signed "league 2 journeymen".

Alex Revell - Rotherham - Championship
Scott Malone - Millwall - Championship
Stuart O'Keefe - Crystal Palace - Premiership
Lee Peltier - Huddersfield - Championship

Just to get the point correct; either way, cutting costs and living within means is somthing we should do anyway.

Interruption over, get back to your bickering.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Time for some straight talking. on 09:40 - Jan 30 with 1394 viewsQuakerJack

Time for some straight talking. on 18:54 - Jan 29 by 1jack

me too

me three...

this is the sort of thing that worries me...

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories/2002-10-13/just-how-much-did-john-moores-kno

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Time for some straight talking. on 09:41 - Jan 30 with 1393 viewsDizzy

Lest face it a bunch of businessmen took over our club who were clueless as to how a club was run. The future of the club was at stake. I didnt notice pages and pages of threads questioning the business acumen of those involved. There was plenty at stake, just not plenty of money.
Funny that.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 9:42]
Time for some straight talking. on 09:49 - Jan 30 with 1385 viewsApeShit

Time for some straight talking. on 09:41 - Jan 30 by Dizzy

Lest face it a bunch of businessmen took over our club who were clueless as to how a club was run. The future of the club was at stake. I didnt notice pages and pages of threads questioning the business acumen of those involved. There was plenty at stake, just not plenty of money.
Funny that.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Its Friday...

Time for some straight talking. on 09:49 - Jan 30 with 1384 viewsUxbridge

Time for some straight talking. on 00:05 - Jan 30 by Groo

lol, couldn't tell you if its good or bad

I'd say it's simply unnecessary, so am against on that basis. At least from the club's perspective.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Time for some straight talking. on 10:44 - Jan 30 with 1354 viewsperchrockjack

With respect the comments attributed to me have been taken out of context..
You ll find the last comments regarding debt were relating to people who go into debt for trivial non essentials.

Sadly, this issue is one which yet again splits us as fans and the bitterness is pretty Welsh really, when you me to think of it.

We mightbe at a crossroads and no longer seemingly able to cruise along without there being "money" behind us.

If people cannot stomach us as a megalith then a championship place seems an option rather than us pushing on. The Board might be thinking this way and as to how to move us on to the next level. NO EVIDENCE THEY ARE DOING IT-AS THE TRUST IS-FOR THEMSELVES.

This debacle was created by one single poster by a single post and has led to much division when there s really no need.

I trust the Board and Trust more than any anonymous poster expert

Time for some straight talking. on 10:51 - Jan 30 with 1350 viewsApeShit

Time for some straight talking. on 10:44 - Jan 30 by perchrockjack

With respect the comments attributed to me have been taken out of context..
You ll find the last comments regarding debt were relating to people who go into debt for trivial non essentials.

Sadly, this issue is one which yet again splits us as fans and the bitterness is pretty Welsh really, when you me to think of it.

We mightbe at a crossroads and no longer seemingly able to cruise along without there being "money" behind us.

If people cannot stomach us as a megalith then a championship place seems an option rather than us pushing on. The Board might be thinking this way and as to how to move us on to the next level. NO EVIDENCE THEY ARE DOING IT-AS THE TRUST IS-FOR THEMSELVES.

This debacle was created by one single poster by a single post and has led to much division when there s really no need.

I trust the Board and Trust more than any anonymous poster expert

The thing is with FFP coming into play now, having "money" (loans) behind us is pretty pointless.

You trust the board and the Trust?

I don't see how that works. It would seem that they want completely different things?

We have made a profit of £1.7 and had some heavy outlays, we are fine as we are and should continue to grow as we have been.
Time for some straight talking. on 11:22 - Jan 30 with 1332 viewssixpenses

Funny that.

Except you seem to have (conveniently for your own argument) missed out on a few of the other variables.

The supporters were not major shareholders in the business at that time, but became that as a result of that takeover - so I imagine that was a very positive thing and currently gives the supporters an even stronger role in protecting the interests of the club of which they are a major shareholder.

The other shareholders were supporters of the club in an action that was presented as a selfless gesture to save the club which at that time was in absolutely dire straights.

A very very different situation to that currently, so to compare is pretty weak.

Even more recently at Valencia I remember these men rightfully being applauded like heroes from the fans in the gods for what they achieved for our club. They stood there for ages taking in all the plaudits for what they had done in the interests of SCFC.

Unfortunately now at least some of these already financially well rewarded shareholders want to cash in on the further millions that they may take out at the expense of our Club.

Interests have diverged. The Trust is protected from direct personal gain as an objective so can only act in the interests of the club. The other shareholders are far from impartial with those multi millions potentially available if they are willing to push the club into the hands of overseas money men whose objective is profit and who could throw out the Trust.

Does that negate what they did in the past. Well kind of. Does such self interest make them bad people. Not really but not ones who should be producing Disney type movies to raise themselves to deification when in truth they may also be willing to sell the club downriver for massive financial gain. Their choice certainly but that puts them at odds with the aims of the Trust.

That being the case the Trust protects the Club. If the shares are not worth that amount of money with the Trust standing strong and fighting tooth and nail to prevent any action that will weaken its influence and prevent money men riding unfettered over our club then tough. They need to know it is like buying a house with a sitting tenant with lifetime and descendants rights. Which from what I have seen reduces the value by about 80%. Which is why such houses are often sold to the sitting tenants for peanuts.

See any similarity here.
Time for some straight talking. on 11:30 - Jan 30 with 1318 viewsStarsky

Funny that.

Nothing funny about it at all.

The board have done brilliantly since they took over.
The board's mission statement has been "living within our means"
We buy promising players and we sell them at a profit if it's suits us.
Nobody on here has disagreed with this, it's what's made us as a club for the last 12 years.

Now... All of a sudden, we need "investment"

Now... All of a sudden, shareholders want out.

That's what's changed.

Scrap the expansion until we can afford it then.

Surely the annual dividend payouts are more than enough financial compensation for the fantastic efforts of the shareholders/board. I'm happy for them to have it.

To sell their shares to outside 'investors' immediately erases the Swansea City ethos, that they spent 12 years developing.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 11:33]

It's just the internet, init.

Time for some straight talking. on 11:32 - Jan 30 with 1316 viewsDizzy

Time for some straight talking. on 11:22 - Jan 30 by sixpenses

Except you seem to have (conveniently for your own argument) missed out on a few of the other variables.

The supporters were not major shareholders in the business at that time, but became that as a result of that takeover - so I imagine that was a very positive thing and currently gives the supporters an even stronger role in protecting the interests of the club of which they are a major shareholder.

The other shareholders were supporters of the club in an action that was presented as a selfless gesture to save the club which at that time was in absolutely dire straights.

A very very different situation to that currently, so to compare is pretty weak.

Even more recently at Valencia I remember these men rightfully being applauded like heroes from the fans in the gods for what they achieved for our club. They stood there for ages taking in all the plaudits for what they had done in the interests of SCFC.

Unfortunately now at least some of these already financially well rewarded shareholders want to cash in on the further millions that they may take out at the expense of our Club.

Interests have diverged. The Trust is protected from direct personal gain as an objective so can only act in the interests of the club. The other shareholders are far from impartial with those multi millions potentially available if they are willing to push the club into the hands of overseas money men whose objective is profit and who could throw out the Trust.

Does that negate what they did in the past. Well kind of. Does such self interest make them bad people. Not really but not ones who should be producing Disney type movies to raise themselves to deification when in truth they may also be willing to sell the club downriver for massive financial gain. Their choice certainly but that puts them at odds with the aims of the Trust.

That being the case the Trust protects the Club. If the shares are not worth that amount of money with the Trust standing strong and fighting tooth and nail to prevent any action that will weaken its influence and prevent money men riding unfettered over our club then tough. They need to know it is like buying a house with a sitting tenant with lifetime and descendants rights. Which from what I have seen reduces the value by about 80%. Which is why such houses are often sold to the sitting tenants for peanuts.

See any similarity here.

So we cant trust the people who saved the club? Ok. Maybe they should sell it.
Time for some straight talking. on 11:33 - Jan 30 with 1314 viewsDizzy

Time for some straight talking. on 11:30 - Jan 30 by Starsky

Nothing funny about it at all.

The board have done brilliantly since they took over.
The board's mission statement has been "living within our means"
We buy promising players and we sell them at a profit if it's suits us.
Nobody on here has disagreed with this, it's what's made us as a club for the last 12 years.

Now... All of a sudden, we need "investment"

Now... All of a sudden, shareholders want out.

That's what's changed.

Scrap the expansion until we can afford it then.

Surely the annual dividend payouts are more than enough financial compensation for the fantastic efforts of the shareholders/board. I'm happy for them to have it.

To sell their shares to outside 'investors' immediately erases the Swansea City ethos, that they spent 12 years developing.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 11:33]

So we dont trust the board to find investment but we trust it to keep helming the ship. Errr.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024