Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owain tudur Jones retirement 14:56 - Mar 6 with 2920 viewsswanskid95

Just announced his retirement from football due to a knee injury, still a huge Swans fan!
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:04 - Mar 6 with 1792 viewsdgt73

Could have reached the top if not for injuries. I was there at Swindon when he got injured and never really recovered from that.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:14 - Mar 6 with 1772 viewsApeShit

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:04 - Mar 6 by dgt73

Could have reached the top if not for injuries. I was there at Swindon when he got injured and never really recovered from that.

Don't re-write history, he was never going to be good enough for the PL.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:20 - Mar 6 with 1757 viewsDarran

One of the worst players I've ever seen in a Swans shirt,pure gash.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:20 - Mar 6 with 1757 viewsPegojack

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:14 - Mar 6 by ApeShit

Very true, he was a mediocre to crap midfielder at a time when we were desperately short of decent centre backs. He'd played in that position early in his career, but didn't want to switch at the Swans. The rest, as they say, is history....
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:21 - Mar 6 with 1754 viewswaynekerr55

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:20 - Mar 6 by Darran

One of the worst players I've ever seen in a Swans shirt,pure gash.

Future captain of Wales mun...

Ironic as he's the diametric opposite to what the man who invented passing wants in a player.

Shame though. Never nice for a career to be curtailed by injury

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:23 - Mar 6 with 1749 viewsicecoldjack

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:04 - Mar 6 by dgt73

The top of what ? Kilvey Hill ?

OTJ might have had a really good career if he had converted to centre half like he was advised to, instead of thinking he could play as a Swans midfielder, he didn't take the advice and was sold to a L1 club, not ever getting higher than that in his career .

As for making it to the top, he couldn't nail down a regular place with us let alone make it to the top, no doubt his injury played a certain part butas a midfielder no chance, he may have good enough if he became a centre half, if memory serves me well he wern't too great at heading for height either !

I wish him well for the future, played a small part in our rise i suppose.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 16:01 - Mar 6 with 1684 viewsdgt73

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:14 - Mar 6 by ApeShit

Aye I'd imagine you could say the same for the likes of Ash Williams, Leon Britton, Rangel etc, or hang on they were/are good enough for the PL. OTJ was young when he got injured at Swindon and it's impossible to tell 100% whether he'd have made it, but he'd have had a very good chance.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 16:10 - Mar 6 with 1667 viewsSTEVE1

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 16:01 - Mar 6 by dgt73

Aye I'd imagine you could say the same for the likes of Ash Williams, Leon Britton, Rangel etc, or hang on they were/are good enough for the PL. OTJ was young when he got injured at Swindon and it's impossible to tell 100% whether he'd have made it, but he'd have had a very good chance.

Before the injury he was average in a very good league 1 side I said to my boy the very first time I saw him that he really looks the part sadly his football ability did not come into line with that. Disappointed for him that he have had to call it a day hope things work out for him in whatever her decides to do.
Login to get fewer ads

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 16:32 - Mar 6 with 1638 viewsMillJack

I'm with Darran on this one, he was dogsh*t.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 16:40 - Mar 6 with 1623 viewsSirParlayMBE

One of the worst central midfielder we ever had, I was dumbfounded every time I heard someone say how good he was going to be. His areal ability was woeful for someone of his size and his passing range non existent He was a lanky Kristian Oleary.... reach the very top?

Jesus Christ.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 16:44 - Mar 6 with 1612 viewsperchrockjack

Incredible anyone could see anything in him when he was bought by our club.

Slow ,deceptively slow ,unable to shoot ,pass or tackle and a sickness record to bleed for.

Utter irrelevance who got good money from my/our club.

But he was Welsh..ffs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 16:48 - Mar 6 with 1608 viewsTreforys_Jack

Don't remember him being dog shite or gash and certainly not one of the worst ever midfield players we've had. Good enough for Championship or PL ? No definitely not, but did ok until our progress left him behind, but that could apply to numerous ex players.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 16:52 - Mar 6 with 1600 viewsSTEVE1

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 16:48 - Mar 6 by Treforys_Jack

Don't remember him being dog shite or gash and certainly not one of the worst ever midfield players we've had. Good enough for Championship or PL ? No definitely not, but did ok until our progress left him behind, but that could apply to numerous ex players.

We actually sold him to Norwich for £250,000 where I think he played no more than an handful of games the first being a 1-7 home defeat to Colchester.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 16:53 - Mar 6 with 1593 viewsperchrockjack

That's very naughty of us.

Even now ,that's some fee

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 17:10 - Mar 6 with 1575 viewsicecoldjack

Well there is one thing that is different here, OTJ came from Porthmadoc via Bangor, most of our lower league players at the time,least the ones that did make it all the way through had been at top clubs from a young age so had something about them.

While you never know what will happen with any player, with the ones mentioned below we could at least understand the pedigree, so its not a massive surprise when we see them playing prem football really, not if you think about it, of course its been down to massive hard work and dedication by them and the club to acheive that.

Garry Monk- Southampton
Alan Tate- Man utd
Leon Britton- West Ham/Arsenal
Mark Gower- Spurs
Tom Butler- Sunderland
Ash Williams - WBA
Darren Pratley- Fulham

Most of these players didn't quite cut it with teir parent clubs but they obviously had talent that could be nurtured and grown, there will always be a hidden gem like Rangel, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

OTJ was an average footballer who we thought we could develop, turned out he was of limited ability, no shame in that either, they are still miles ahead of most who play the game.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 17:13 - Mar 6 with 1572 viewsTreforys_Jack

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 17:10 - Mar 6 by icecoldjack

Well there is one thing that is different here, OTJ came from Porthmadoc via Bangor, most of our lower league players at the time,least the ones that did make it all the way through had been at top clubs from a young age so had something about them.

While you never know what will happen with any player, with the ones mentioned below we could at least understand the pedigree, so its not a massive surprise when we see them playing prem football really, not if you think about it, of course its been down to massive hard work and dedication by them and the club to acheive that.

Garry Monk- Southampton
Alan Tate- Man utd
Leon Britton- West Ham/Arsenal
Mark Gower- Spurs
Tom Butler- Sunderland
Ash Williams - WBA
Darren Pratley- Fulham

Most of these players didn't quite cut it with teir parent clubs but they obviously had talent that could be nurtured and grown, there will always be a hidden gem like Rangel, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

OTJ was an average footballer who we thought we could develop, turned out he was of limited ability, no shame in that either, they are still miles ahead of most who play the game.

Good points well made. Even given you an up arrow
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 17:59 - Mar 6 with 1516 viewsStarsky

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 16:44 - Mar 6 by perchrockjack

Incredible anyone could see anything in him when he was bought by our club.

Slow ,deceptively slow ,unable to shoot ,pass or tackle and a sickness record to bleed for.

Utter irrelevance who got good money from my/our club.

But he was Welsh..ffs

Harsh.

With regards to getting money from the club...

We bought him for £5000 and sold him for £250,000

Not good enough for us but let's show a bit of heart here and wish the lad all the best for the future.

Even Oldjack had to retire with a dodgy knee.

It's just the internet, init.

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:02 - Mar 6 with 1510 viewsC_jack

There was a desperation for one of our own to come good at the time. The fan base wanted him to be a lot better than he was ever going to be.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:02 - Mar 6 with 1509 viewsgiantstoneater

Who knows if he would have made it in the Premier his first and worse injury sustained playing for us certainly didn't help, in our first season back in the First Division under KJ his partnership with Roberto helped us to the top of the division, post injury we fell away. It always amazes me how some posters slag off our former players also one who's injury playing for us was probably the end of his career KJ didn't do him any favours by rushing him back too early. Diolch i ti OTJ a pob lwc yn y dyfodol.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:25 - Mar 6 with 1466 viewsmax936

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 16:53 - Mar 6 by perchrockjack

That's very naughty of us.

Even now ,that's some fee

Mere beer money for folks living on the Wirral, Im told Richy

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:32 - Mar 6 with 1452 viewsmax936

Sad to hear about a former Swans player, yes he was limited, but that was like a lot of players we had at the time so no real shame in that, plus he made us a few bob when he moved on, good luck to him in his future career.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:39 - Mar 6 with 1438 viewsDr_Winston

Some top nonsense in this thread.

Decent player OTJ. Not great by any stretch, but much better than the drama queens are claiming.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:48 - Mar 6 with 1412 viewsDarran

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:39 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

Some top nonsense in this thread.

Decent player OTJ. Not great by any stretch, but much better than the drama queens are claiming.

No he wasn't he was shit.

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:49 - Mar 6 with 1411 viewsDr_Winston

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:48 - Mar 6 by Darran

No he wasn't he was shit.

Exhibit A.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:53 - Mar 6 with 1397 viewsDarran

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:49 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

Exhibit A.

He was a poor mans Orlandi that's how bad he was.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024