Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disabled Season Tickets 14:52 - Mar 27 with 11941 viewssully49

Tried to renew my season ticket over the phone as I've been able to do for the last few seasons but was told I would have to bring my DWP letter proving my disabilities, which I completely agree with. However, I queued for 10mins and went to the counter with all my info only to be told that because I only have middle rate care component it doesn't qualify for my carer coming in with me as both components of disability had to be the higher rate, and I would have to buy 2 season tickets and pay £898
I asked how long this rule, had been in force the very nice lady said, "it's always been the rule, but we haven't been policing it correctly" I was then told to appeal this and I had to complete a form justifying to whoever says yes or no why I needed a carer at all. This was both humiliating and annoying. I now have to wait now for the decision. Do all clubs have this policy?

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Disabled Season Tickets on 15:21 - Mar 27 with 9577 viewsScoobyWho

Coupled with recent events highlighted by Darran, ( initially ) there seems to be an issue with some stadium staff regards people ( customers ) who are not considered 'able bodied' ..... This will come back to haunt them in the future I am sure.

I dont actually blame the hierarchy who I consider to be approachable and sensible most of the time, but there definitely needs to be some form of care taken, and special consideration for the embarrassment this caused you. Surely there was a better way to manage this situation ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Disabled Season Tickets on 15:24 - Mar 27 with 9572 viewsSwanseajill

I can't answer your last question.
What I will say is that many disabled and genuine people are being put under stress over this. And there are umpteen appeals to sift through.

Those who paid for seasons and carers tickets last December have only recently been informed of this change.
There is a small group sifting through the appeals, which includes Ian James the disabled trust officer.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 15:29]
Disabled Season Tickets on 15:30 - Mar 27 with 9557 viewsDarran

If you recieve attendance allowance or severe disablement (I think is got a new name) you can produce those for the free carer ticket.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Disabled Season Tickets on 15:38 - Mar 27 with 9544 viewsScoobyWho

Disabled Season Tickets on 15:30 - Mar 27 by Darran

If you recieve attendance allowance or severe disablement (I think is got a new name) you can produce those for the free carer ticket.

It's wrong though that sully was made to feel embarrassed and placed in a position where he had to justify his position and produce evidence to display his appeal. And now feels scapegoated due to his disability by club Policy to mention it. He is being treated differently because of his disability, which is appalling.

I'm Fcking disgusted.

Disabled Season Tickets on 16:23 - Mar 27 with 9508 viewsJack_y_Jwc

a friend of mine had to go through exactly the same thing recently, it's an 80 mile round trip for us to get to games and without his carer he wouldn't be able to get to games.

his appeal was successful thankfully, otherwise he couldn't afford both tickets, but the whole process was very stressful.

the club are hell bent on making money where ever they can it seems

Disabled Season Tickets on 16:27 - Mar 27 with 9500 viewsDarran

Disabled Season Tickets on 15:38 - Mar 27 by ScoobyWho

It's wrong though that sully was made to feel embarrassed and placed in a position where he had to justify his position and produce evidence to display his appeal. And now feels scapegoated due to his disability by club Policy to mention it. He is being treated differently because of his disability, which is appalling.

I'm Fcking disgusted.

Yes I agree they should have contacted the disabled season ticket holders to inform them of the changes.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Disabled Season Tickets on 18:02 - Mar 27 with 9454 viewsstevethejack

Disabled Season Tickets on 15:30 - Mar 27 by Darran

I think the new name is Personal Independence Payment.
Disabled Season Tickets on 18:32 - Mar 27 with 9411 viewsscottishjack

Just seen this, along with the thread about the young mascot...is someone having some sort of brainfart down at the club?

I know Sully away from Planet Swans and he is a great bloke, and certainly doesn't deserve this kind of nonsense... I'm not a kneejerk kind of person, but more and more lately I feel that the unique feeling between the club and supporters is rotting away.
Login to get fewer ads

Disabled Season Tickets on 19:09 - Mar 27 with 9371 viewsMartyrman57

My understanding is as Sully states. They want evidence of the higher rate component. We had to complete the form when renewing a couple of months ago.
Disabled Season Tickets on 20:19 - Mar 27 with 9328 viewsEdmundo

Unfortunately some people have taken advantage of certain classifications ( even my brother who had the higher rate with helper, but shouldn't have had it), this has ruined it for people who are perfectly entitled to the invalid & helper tickets.

I hope the people who have ripped the club off and hence fecked it up for genuinely disabled people burn in hell!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Disabled Season Tickets on 21:14 - Mar 27 with 9300 viewsScoobyWho

Disabled Season Tickets on 20:19 - Mar 27 by Edmundo

Unfortunately some people have taken advantage of certain classifications ( even my brother who had the higher rate with helper, but shouldn't have had it), this has ruined it for people who are perfectly entitled to the invalid & helper tickets.

I hope the people who have ripped the club off and hence fecked it up for genuinely disabled people burn in hell!

I agreed that the criteria is the criteria, and rules is rules,mthis will always be the case for situations like this.
My point though is this, sully and all other supporters should not be subjected and singled out by the club or any organisation because of their disability and when this situation arises. People employed by the club should be ' educated ' in making disabled customers feel valued and welcome. Not as sully said embarrassed to be singled out to fill the form in to appeal. This could be handled far better and first line managers at the ticket office should be co-ordinating a less intrusive environment for this to be achieved.

Yes there needs to be scrutiny, but not in a way that leaves the customer in fear of being ashamed in public by a 'jobsworth' approach to such a delicate matter.

Disabled Season Tickets on 23:32 - Mar 27 with 9232 viewsEdmundo

Disabled Season Tickets on 21:14 - Mar 27 by ScoobyWho

I agreed that the criteria is the criteria, and rules is rules,mthis will always be the case for situations like this.
My point though is this, sully and all other supporters should not be subjected and singled out by the club or any organisation because of their disability and when this situation arises. People employed by the club should be ' educated ' in making disabled customers feel valued and welcome. Not as sully said embarrassed to be singled out to fill the form in to appeal. This could be handled far better and first line managers at the ticket office should be co-ordinating a less intrusive environment for this to be achieved.

Yes there needs to be scrutiny, but not in a way that leaves the customer in fear of being ashamed in public by a 'jobsworth' approach to such a delicate matter.

Agreed, the ticket office staff should have at least been helpful and understanding, like any front office desk should be.

There's definitely some training needed there and empathy.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Disabled Season Tickets on 00:03 - Mar 28 with 9214 viewsScoobyWho

Disabled Season Tickets on 23:32 - Mar 27 by Edmundo

Agreed, the ticket office staff should have at least been helpful and understanding, like any front office desk should be.

There's definitely some training needed there and empathy.

I am truely ashamed.

Disabled Season Tickets on 06:30 - Mar 28 with 9171 viewsSwansea_Viking

The disabled season ticket renewal this year is a bit different than usual as there are, unfortunately, as in all walks of life, a significant minority taking advantage of the free carer ticket and taking up spaces that should be used by genuine disabled people and their carers. The free carer system has probably not been checked or monitored as it should have been in years gone by thereby allowing the cheats to take full advantage.
I could list a whole range of examples here of how people abuse the system.
This is not a money making scheme by the club as it is trying to weed out the cheats and allow the genuine disabled supporters to get tickets and free carers. This was not a problem in the past as there were always spare seats but now in the premier league most games are complete sell outs meaning the cheats take up seats that should be provided to genuine disabled supporters and their carers. As it is the first time it has been done on this scale it has caused some issues.
Yes it probably could and should have been done better and publicised better but these lessons have been learnt and the process improved for next time.
The process is essentially two stages. If you meet the criteria on the policy you automatically renew. If you don't quite meet criteria you have the opportunity to provide evidence of the need for a free carer and explain how the carer helps on match days.
If anyone has any queries please do not hesitate to email me on ianjames@swanseacityfc.co.uk

You Stupid Boy!

Disabled Season Tickets on 08:17 - Mar 28 with 9127 viewsTheArtChappy

Swansea viking was very helpful when I enquired. But didn't get one in the end. I know the club has to check but it does make me feels if we are a hindrance to the club and would prefer that we weren't there.

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Disabled Season Tickets on 09:23 - Mar 28 with 9090 viewsGowerjack

Disabled Season Tickets on 06:30 - Mar 28 by Swansea_Viking

The disabled season ticket renewal this year is a bit different than usual as there are, unfortunately, as in all walks of life, a significant minority taking advantage of the free carer ticket and taking up spaces that should be used by genuine disabled people and their carers. The free carer system has probably not been checked or monitored as it should have been in years gone by thereby allowing the cheats to take full advantage.
This is not a money making scheme by the club as it is trying to weed out the cheats and allow the genuine disabled supporters to get tickets and free carers. This was not a problem in the past as there were always spare seats but now in the premier league most games are complete sell outs meaning the cheats take up seats that should be provided to genuine disabled supporters and their carers. As it is the first time it has been done on this scale it has caused some issues.
Yes it probably could and should have been done better and publicised better but these lessons have been learnt and the process improved for next time.
The process is essentially two stages. If you meet the criteria on the policy you automatically renew. If you don't quite meet criteria you have the opportunity to provide evidence of the need for a free carer and explain how the carer helps on match days.
If anyone has any queries please do not hesitate to email me on ianjames@swanseacityfc.co.uk

Not unreasonable.

Needed to be better publicised however.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Disabled Season Tickets on 10:33 - Mar 28 with 9053 viewsSwansea_Viking

Disabled Season Tickets on 08:17 - Mar 28 by TheArtChappy

Swansea viking was very helpful when I enquired. But didn't get one in the end. I know the club has to check but it does make me feels if we are a hindrance to the club and would prefer that we weren't there.

I am sorry to hear you didn't get one. Disabled fans are not a hindrance. I don't know your personal circumstances (from your PS username) or why you didn't get a free carer ticket this year but feel free to to contact me if you wish to discuss anything.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 10:37]

You Stupid Boy!

Disabled Season Tickets on 10:39 - Mar 28 with 9039 viewsScoobyWho

Disabled Season Tickets on 06:30 - Mar 28 by Swansea_Viking

It's good of you to respond Ian, but some on heres arent making a point regards the policy for renewal, that's by the by. its about how people are treated, how they are managed when at the ticket office and what can be done to make the experience less embarrassing and customers feel more valued.

I'm not sure how many different ways it can be said.

Disabled Season Tickets on 10:55 - Mar 28 with 9017 viewsSwansea_Viking

Disabled Season Tickets on 10:39 - Mar 28 by ScoobyWho

It's good of you to respond Ian, but some on heres arent making a point regards the policy for renewal, that's by the by. its about how people are treated, how they are managed when at the ticket office and what can be done to make the experience less embarrassing and customers feel more valued.

I'm not sure how many different ways it can be said.

Thanks Scooby, Like I said in my response the club have taken on board the issues this year and have / will be addressing them to make the process better for next time.

You Stupid Boy!

Disabled Season Tickets on 20:14 - Mar 28 with 8861 viewsDewi1jack

I saw the EMails sent out, stating it was just for Higher rate mobility.
Never saw anything saying about appealing or explaining the need for a carer and getting the carer ticket.
I paid the extra for the ST, as we've had them since moving to the Morfa. And my daughter needs help, otherwise she struggles to get to and watch the game.
Will I remember all the sh1tty, lowlife things done to us since we got promoted if we ever go back to L1 or L2.
Yes.
I'll still be there, but if a ST doesn't make sense because of the number of games I can make (travelling, work etc), then I won't renew regardless as I have in the past.
Not forgiven the club for moving the renewal date to Xmas, just a few weeks prior to Xmas yet.
As many other haven't either.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Disabled Season Tickets on 06:01 - Mar 29 with 8763 viewsdgt73

Let's not blame the club, let's blame the people taking the pi$$ in regard of having a carer when they don't need one.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Disabled Season Tickets on 06:03 - Mar 29 with 8762 viewsdgt73

Disabled Season Tickets on 20:14 - Mar 28 by Dewi1jack

I saw the EMails sent out, stating it was just for Higher rate mobility.
Never saw anything saying about appealing or explaining the need for a carer and getting the carer ticket.
I paid the extra for the ST, as we've had them since moving to the Morfa. And my daughter needs help, otherwise she struggles to get to and watch the game.
Will I remember all the sh1tty, lowlife things done to us since we got promoted if we ever go back to L1 or L2.
Yes.
I'll still be there, but if a ST doesn't make sense because of the number of games I can make (travelling, work etc), then I won't renew regardless as I have in the past.
Not forgiven the club for moving the renewal date to Xmas, just a few weeks prior to Xmas yet.
As many other haven't either.

The season ticket renewal date is the end of march and not before Xmas.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Disabled Season Tickets on 09:59 - Mar 29 with 8713 viewsScoobyWho

Disabled Season Tickets on 10:55 - Mar 28 by Swansea_Viking

Thanks Scooby, Like I said in my response the club have taken on board the issues this year and have / will be addressing them to make the process better for next time.

Thanks 👍

Disabled Season Tickets on 12:14 - Mar 29 with 8676 viewsDewi1jack

Disabled Season Tickets on 06:03 - Mar 29 by dgt73

The season ticket renewal date is the end of march and not before Xmas.

And I'd always renewed in May when we were lower leagues.
Just in time for my daughters birthday.
Until the first season we got promoted, then the email came out just before Xmas saying renew quick or pay more money

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Disabled Season Tickets on 13:16 - Mar 29 with 8644 viewsTheArtChappy

Disabled Season Tickets on 10:33 - Mar 28 by Swansea_Viking

I am sorry to hear you didn't get one. Disabled fans are not a hindrance. I don't know your personal circumstances (from your PS username) or why you didn't get a free carer ticket this year but feel free to to contact me if you wish to discuss anything.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 10:37]

Sorry I meant. I didn't go to get one.

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024