Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? 18:18 - Mar 27 with 6989 viewsDanielswan

Who surprised you in a bad or good way? and why?

I have followed Swansea only a year before Laudrup stepped in, so not much history here. I have to say that Michu comes first, I never ever expected him to just start banging them in when he was signed.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 18:31 - Mar 27 with 4381 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Fabianski. He's done a hell of a lot better than I thought he would. With the way he's been playing this season, its hard to grasp that he used to have the name "Flappyhandski."

Jack Cork is another one who's exceeded my expectations a lot.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 18:39]

Come on you Swans.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 18:44 - Mar 27 with 4345 viewsDanielswan

Yeah, Fabianski definately has surprised many to point where people are asking wether he will be here next year ... I definately hope so, class keeper.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:06 - Mar 27 with 4299 viewshydraulicjack

Modu Barrow has impressed me

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:10 - Mar 27 with 4290 viewsPozuelosSideys

Lee Trundle. Who would have thought that squeaky Scouser would have given us so many memorable moments when we signed him up!?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:20 - Mar 27 with 4269 viewsplasjack

Lets turn this round who is the worst
how about Itay Schector.
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:23 - Mar 27 with 4263 viewsPozuelosSideys

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:20 - Mar 27 by plasjack

Lets turn this round who is the worst
how about Itay Schector.

We have had countless players who have been worse than Schecter - well, unless somebody has only been following us since the PL.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:29 - Mar 27 with 4254 viewsplasjack

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:23 - Mar 27 by PozuelosSideys

We have had countless players who have been worse than Schecter - well, unless somebody has only been following us since the PL.

Pavel Abbot pre P/L days
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:31 - Mar 27 with 4244 viewsPozuelosSideys

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:29 - Mar 27 by plasjack

Pavel Abbot pre P/L days

Ha, thats a good one. He sucked, especially as he scored for fun for Huddersfield.

Il take your Abbot and il raise you one Amankwaah

Login to get fewer ads

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:34 - Mar 27 with 4233 viewsshimmie

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:31 - Mar 27 by PozuelosSideys

Ha, thats a good one. He sucked, especially as he scored for fun for Huddersfield.

Rory Fallon. Had a few good games but for £400k??? If only we'd got grant holt instead. But in saying that we mayve gone up under jackett and probably wouldn't be where we are now.
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:34 - Mar 27 with 4232 viewsplasjack

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:31 - Mar 27 by PozuelosSideys

Trump you with Julian Alsop.
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:38 - Mar 27 with 4220 viewsscottishjack

Scott Sinclair for me, a Chelsea cast off and a journeyman at a very young age, I wasn't too impressed with the money we coughed up...

Glad to be proved wrong.

And as someone mentioned earlier, Michu...never heard of him and yet we spunked up a couple of million! Again, happily proved wrong...
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:38 - Mar 27 with 4220 viewsairedale

Ashley for me. Since he joined us in L1 or L2, I've always been amazed after each transfer window has closed, how he is still with us. Also how well he has performed at every level. He's been one of the best in his position in each division.
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:39 - Mar 27 with 4219 viewsLeonisGod

Jordi Lopez. He was Sousa's main signing, trained by Barca, had a good season on paper with Qpr the year before and we were told he would add quality (and presumably Huw was too).

It took about 15 minutes to realise he was cack and worse than what we had. A big disappointment.
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:55 - Mar 27 with 4194 viewsDr_Winston

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:34 - Mar 27 by shimmie

Rory Fallon. Had a few good games but for £400k??? If only we'd got grant holt instead. But in saying that we mayve gone up under jackett and probably wouldn't be where we are now.

Fallon did OK. Scored some important goals and we got our money back. We've had much worse.

And I've never understood the "better off not getting promoted under Jackett" theories. He's proven his ability as a manager since leaving us and there's no guarantees we'd have struggled.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 20:10 - Mar 27 with 4167 viewsDull1Thomas

John Toshak

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 20:15 - Mar 27 with 4157 viewsplasjack

Alan Curtis
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 20:22 - Mar 27 with 4149 viewsjack247

Good - Angel Rangel
Bad - Frank Nouble
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 20:22 - Mar 27 with 4148 viewsNeath_Jack

Michu.
Ben Davies.
John Salako.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 08:36 - Mar 28 with 3993 viewsswancity

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:55 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

Fallon did OK. Scored some important goals and we got our money back. We've had much worse.

And I've never understood the "better off not getting promoted under Jackett" theories. He's proven his ability as a manager since leaving us and there's no guarantees we'd have struggled.

The only part of that which is correct is the we've had much worse bit

If Jackett had got us promoted and one of the reasons we didn't beat Barnsley was his awful team selection for the play off final, it's likely that Martinez wouldn't have come here. After all it was Roberto who changed everything about this club, changes from which we are still benefitting today

Can't you recall the terrible football we were playing in jackets last season and the team being in decline. I can and can also recall that everyone was pleased when he was sacked ( asked politely to shove off )

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 09:06 - Mar 28 with 3950 viewsDr_Winston

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 08:36 - Mar 28 by swancity

The only part of that which is correct is the we've had much worse bit

If Jackett had got us promoted and one of the reasons we didn't beat Barnsley was his awful team selection for the play off final, it's likely that Martinez wouldn't have come here. After all it was Roberto who changed everything about this club, changes from which we are still benefitting today

Can't you recall the terrible football we were playing in jackets last season and the team being in decline. I can and can also recall that everyone was pleased when he was sacked ( asked politely to shove off )

There are no lengths that you won't go to to arse kiss Martinez are there?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 09:18 - Mar 28 with 3938 viewspencoedjack

Garry Monk as boss for me thought it was a bad appointment .... How wrong I was
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 09:46 - Mar 28 with 3901 viewsMrSwerve

Rangel is a good one. Bought for 12k, became a hugely loyal player for us through the leagues and became an established PL right back.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 09:59 - Mar 28 with 3877 viewsgiantstoneater

Terry Phelan in a pre season friendly after we'd been relegated, when I saw the size of him I almost gave up after seeing him dash up and down that line I was full of hope. After that size wasn't an issue then along came Leon!!!. Trundle, for years we were screaming out for a decent striker then along he came scored goals and entertained to boot.
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 10:03 - Mar 28 with 3873 viewswhiterock

A topical one for me, when I saw him in a pre-season friendly at Llanelli, I thought what a pile of horse sh!t but delighted to be proved totally wrong, great player and some great goals.... Andy Robinson
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 10:32 - Mar 28 with 3840 viewsZut_Alors

Premier League era would be Routs for me. Fantastic for us since he's been here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024