Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kingsway 12:48 - Mar 31 with 10558 viewsmax936

Nasty accident on the road there again Air Ambulance there, just heard it on Swansea Sound, whoever designed that new road system needs sectioning, how many more accidents is it gonna take to change it, shocking.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Kingsway on 12:57 - Mar 31 with 3465 viewsmonmouth

Not been down there for years, what've they done with it?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kingsway on 13:03 - Mar 31 with 3450 viewsmax936

Kingsway on 12:57 - Mar 31 by monmouth

They've taken the subway away and redesigned the traffic flow with buses in a separate lane, meaning that you have to look both ways at the same time crazy, just heard that it's a collision between a pedestrian and a bus again, dear god.

Kingsway on 13:05 - Mar 31 with 3445 viewschris_jack

I passed there about 11.30 and loads of people taking photos of the person on the floor
Kingsway on 13:06 - Mar 31 with 3442 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Kingsway on 13:03 - Mar 31 by max936

They've taken the subway away and redesigned the traffic flow with buses in a separate lane, meaning that you have to look both ways at the same time crazy, just heard that it's a collision between a pedestrian and a bus again, dear god.

I know what you're saying but why do people still not look both ways while crossing the road?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Kingsway on 13:06 - Mar 31 with 3441 viewsDarran

Kingsway on 13:03 - Mar 31 by max936

Won't be long before you'll have the same eejits (Uxbridge) saying it's not difficult to cross a road.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kingsway on 13:06 - Mar 31 with 3440 viewsApeShit

Kingsway on 13:06 - Mar 31 by Brynmill_Jack

I know what you're saying but why do people still not look both ways while crossing the road?

Thats what I was thinking?
Kingsway on 13:15 - Mar 31 with 3407 viewsJoe_bradshaw

They should of course. The trouble is it looks exactly like a dual carriageway and you don't expect traffic to go both ways on one half of a dual carriageway.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Kingsway on 13:16 - Mar 31 with 3404 viewsSwanjaxs

Kingsway on 13:05 - Mar 31 by chris_jack

I passed there about 11.30 and loads of people taking photos of the person on the floor

So let me get this rite, there were loads of people taking photos of the poor injured person on the floor!Fu#@ing ghouls! !! Hope whoever it is makes a speedy recovery
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 13:17]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Kingsway on 13:17 - Mar 31 with 3393 viewsdickythorpe

Jokers run our city. Hope the victim is ok
Kingsway on 13:29 - Mar 31 with 3365 viewsSwanzay

The one way system is a farce, has never improved traffic flow and seems to have made the kingsway into russian roulette for people unfamiliar with system.
This hell bent drive to give buses the freedom of the city is a major factor as to my the life is being straggled out of the city center.
Kingsway on 13:41 - Mar 31 with 3338 viewsSwanjaxs

Just been told that a lady pushing a pram was involved, the woman has been airlifted to Morriston A&E, Awful

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Kingsway on 13:45 - Mar 31 with 3323 viewsairedale

You take your life in your hands when you cross that Westway (which runs North to South).

I don't think that CACOS are fit people to design road systems.
Kingsway on 13:52 - Mar 31 with 3307 viewsJackSomething

Best wishes to the lady involved and especially to their child.

Not sure you can blame the road system though, it's pretty hard to miss a bus coming at you from either direction if you are paying attention. I know if I'm crossing a road with my son, I take no chances.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Kingsway on 14:04 - Mar 31 with 3275 viewsairedale

Trouble with The Kingsway is that people (especially locals) assume that it is a dual carriageway, and only look one way when they're crossing the 'killing lane'.
Kingsway on 14:04 - Mar 31 with 3274 viewsicecoldjack

In a perfect world accidents wouldn't exist at all.

I totally understand why there is a huge problem and design fook up, its not easy even when switched on crossing that road alot of people still think its the same as it has been for years and in a split second it can catch anyone out.

There have been far too many accidents and near misses for it to be a case of people not knowing the green cross code!

They need to change it pronto IMO.
Kingsway on 14:07 - Mar 31 with 3270 viewsmax936

Kingsway on 12:57 - Mar 31 by monmouth

Duplicate post sorry.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 14:17]

Kingsway on 14:15 - Mar 31 with 3246 viewsmax936

Basically you've got to look both ways but at the same time so to speak, as others have said its a confusing road system, whereas traffic flows in either direction on the same carrige way because of the bus lane.

Kingsway on 14:18 - Mar 31 with 3234 viewsPhil_S

I think I posted on here a few months back that I was driving along the Kingsway and came to the lights watching a woman step out in front of a bus having just looked in the opposite direction

It is very badly designed but it is also basic road safety to look both ways even in a one way street

Hope the lady is OK though obviously

This post has been edited by an administrator
Kingsway on 14:20 - Mar 31 with 3223 viewsJackSomething

Kingsway on 14:15 - Mar 31 by max936

Basically you've got to look both ways but at the same time so to speak, as others have said its a confusing road system, whereas traffic flows in either direction on the same carrige way because of the bus lane.

So what you're saying is people have to look both ways and check there's nothing coming before crossing the road? Not being funny, but I seem to remember that being pretty common wisdom for some time now.

I appreciate the Kingsway is a confusing system, but if there's something coming from one direction (especially a bus), surely you wouldn't cross the road unless you were absolutely certain how the system worked? Or better still, considering where this accident occurred, until the green pedestrian light comes on?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Kingsway on 15:09 - Mar 31 with 3168 viewsjackal

I worked by the Kingsway for years. It's very confusing for motorists and pedestrians alike. Coming from the Dragon you come down in two lanes on the right hand side of the road. It just feels wrong. And two way traffic in the other lane. If you're not concentrating it's a recipe for disaster.
Kingsway on 15:55 - Mar 31 with 3105 viewsApeShit

Kingsway on 14:15 - Mar 31 by max936

So like a normal road then?
Kingsway on 15:57 - Mar 31 with 3100 viewsApeShit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-32130485
Kingsway on 16:00 - Mar 31 with 3095 viewsLeonisGod

Kingsway on 13:15 - Mar 31 by Joe_bradshaw

They should of course. The trouble is it looks exactly like a dual carriageway and you don't expect traffic to go both ways on one half of a dual carriageway.

That's the problem innit. It's not difficult to get your head around but is counterintuitive, which is why it's causing problems. Something needs to be done about it.
Kingsway on 16:25 - Mar 31 with 3061 viewsraynor94

If only people would use the crossings and obey the lights there wouldn't be a problem, far to many jaywalking

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kingsway on 17:28 - Mar 31 with 2985 viewsDr_Winston

Kingsway on 13:06 - Mar 31 by Darran

Won't be long before you'll have the same eejits (Uxbridge) saying it's not difficult to cross a road.

It's not difficult to cross a road.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024