Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull home 22:03 - Apr 3 with 3929 viewsTNT

Any memories / thoughts about this fixture?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Hull home on 22:29 - Apr 3 with 2806 viewssherpajacob

My thoughts go back to the easter weekend of 2003.

Leyton Orient away on the Saturday
Exeter at home on the.Monday.

We lost them both and were staring down the barrel.

I remember driving to London on good Friday and going to legoland with my missus.
It was one of the warmest good Fridays on record. we were swelteting. Saturday morning looking out of the hotel windows saw only blue sky, so we went to brisbane road in shirt sleeves.

It was possibly the coldest I've ever been at a football match.

James Thomas scored a well taken goal to give us the lead then we collapsed 3-1.

I was so cold I lost almost all feeling in my fingers and driving back had pins and needles until well past Membury.

Easter Monday was even worse, going down 1-0 at home to Exeter.

Of course the 4-2 over hull a fortnight later is immortal, but let's also remember how we ended up in that position.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Hull home on 23:00 - Apr 3 with 2775 viewsTNT

Hull home on 22:29 - Apr 3 by sherpajacob

My thoughts go back to the easter weekend of 2003.

Leyton Orient away on the Saturday
Exeter at home on the.Monday.

We lost them both and were staring down the barrel.

I remember driving to London on good Friday and going to legoland with my missus.
It was one of the warmest good Fridays on record. we were swelteting. Saturday morning looking out of the hotel windows saw only blue sky, so we went to brisbane road in shirt sleeves.

It was possibly the coldest I've ever been at a football match.

James Thomas scored a well taken goal to give us the lead then we collapsed 3-1.

I was so cold I lost almost all feeling in my fingers and driving back had pins and needles until well past Membury.

Easter Monday was even worse, going down 1-0 at home to Exeter.

Of course the 4-2 over hull a fortnight later is immortal, but let's also remember how we ended up in that position.

Quality response mate...

... seldom seen on Swans' forums these days.

'The' Hull Game is well documented.

I agree with those who recognise 'The' Rochdale game, "as or more important" than Hull.

The lesser mentioned games that you allude to, Orient (away), Exeter (Home) were played within two days of each other (19th & 21st April), leaving us with no points!

Those were the days, my friend...

... we thought they'd never end!

Hull home on 23:05 - Apr 3 with 2766 viewsTNT

Post Script

YJB!

Hull home on 23:22 - Apr 3 with 2750 viewsNeathJack

I was at Orient for that game and looking back, had no recollection it was so late in the season and just 2 days before that horrific Exeter game.

In my head in was played on Jan or Feb, but that may be to do with how cold it was, as was alluded to.

Another Hull game that stands out in the memory is another last day of the season game where the ko was delayed by about an hour because of the weather. The game had to be played as most of the Hull squad were off on holiday straight afterwards!
Hull home on 23:23 - Apr 3 with 2750 viewsKilkennyjack

Dont like Hull.

Rich foreign owner trying change their name and badge (sound familiar ?) and trying to bully the FA. No respect for the traditions of the game. Little respect to views of fans.

Also Peter Taylor and his behavious on our big survival day. Plus their fans who made it pretty clear that the loss of a welsh club from the Football League was no bad thing.

I hope we stuff them, but they will be more motivated than us perhaps ? We are a better team so hopefully we can match their desire on the day.

Beware of the Risen People

Hull home on 23:42 - Apr 3 with 2726 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Hull home on 23:23 - Apr 3 by Kilkennyjack

Dont like Hull.

Rich foreign owner trying change their name and badge (sound familiar ?) and trying to bully the FA. No respect for the traditions of the game. Little respect to views of fans.

Also Peter Taylor and his behavious on our big survival day. Plus their fans who made it pretty clear that the loss of a welsh club from the Football League was no bad thing.

I hope we stuff them, but they will be more motivated than us perhaps ? We are a better team so hopefully we can match their desire on the day.

The rich foreign owner has lived in Hull for 47 years since fleeing persecution in his homeland.

He has made massive philanthropic contributions to local theatres, sports clubs and hospitals.

He may have been misguided in trying to change the name to their long established nickname but comparison with what Tan has done down the road is totally unjust in my opinion.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Hull home on 23:52 - Apr 3 with 2708 viewsperchrockjack

Hull is a proud city much ridiculed by southern media .
Most down south woukd be truly clueless to stick a coin on the map to locate hull.

Sure it's dog rough in many places but so is swansea cardiff liverpool and Dagenham but it's always the North thst gets stick,

Well, the cap of culture will help to regenerate as it did for liverpool and the regen is still rampant.

It's what swansea has needed for decades and really we should be very envious of them.
Big rugby city too. Strange feckers mind

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Hull home on 23:55 - Apr 3 with 2708 viewstruckjack

Hull home on 23:42 - Apr 3 by Joe_bradshaw

The rich foreign owner has lived in Hull for 47 years since fleeing persecution in his homeland.

He has made massive philanthropic contributions to local theatres, sports clubs and hospitals.

He may have been misguided in trying to change the name to their long established nickname but comparison with what Tan has done down the road is totally unjust in my opinion.

I don't care if the owner was a stamp collector as you say. Apart from THAT Hull game i remember the one before where there was trouble at the Garibaldi and during the game things like umbrellas being thrown like javelins towards the away fans...... those were the days!
Login to get fewer ads

Hull home on 01:20 - Apr 4 with 2655 viewsScoobyWho

Hull home on 23:00 - Apr 3 by TNT

Quality response mate...

... seldom seen on Swans' forums these days.

'The' Hull Game is well documented.

I agree with those who recognise 'The' Rochdale game, "as or more important" than Hull.

The lesser mentioned games that you allude to, Orient (away), Exeter (Home) were played within two days of each other (19th & 21st April), leaving us with no points!

Those were the days, my friend...

... we thought they'd never end!

I remember the joy in the away end very well as marc richardssneaked the winner in at Rochdale. Nice turn out that day too.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Hull home on 01:21 - Apr 4 with 2654 viewsScoobyWho

Hull home on 23:55 - Apr 3 by truckjack

I don't care if the owner was a stamp collector as you say. Apart from THAT Hull game i remember the one before where there was trouble at the Garibaldi and during the game things like umbrellas being thrown like javelins towards the away fans...... those were the days!

Anyone on here remember the away fixture on the housing estate, that Fcking shocked them.

Hull home on 09:14 - Apr 4 with 2564 viewsKilkennyjack

The Hull Tigers name change request has kicked off again very recently, the fans group 'say no to hull tigers' will again need to protect the clubs traditions. Rich Owner threatens to quit again. And the latest on the Airco arena and the failed academy audit is another car crash caused by the ownership at that club.

Joe if you think thats all good, then i am wrong. And thousands of hull city fans are wrong as well.

Hull home on 09:20 - Apr 4 with 2553 viewsOldjack

Del boy been to Hull and back

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Hull home on 09:32 - Apr 4 with 2535 viewsProfessor

I have a hazy recollection of a Division 3 game in the 80s. It was a midweek game but Hull were top and brought a good few down. Someone was being particularly go by, leading to some guy climbing over the North Bank fence, walking across the pitch, reaching into the west terrace, smacking the Hull fan and walking back into the North Bank whilst the police and stewards looked on in disbelief. I sometimes wonder if it was a surreal dream.
Hull home on 10:24 - Apr 4 with 2485 viewssomersetsimon

Wasn't there and couldn't even bring myself to listen. Painted the spare bedroom instead!
Hull home on 10:30 - Apr 4 with 2478 viewsmonmouth

1978 or 79. Geoff Crudgington, Alan Waddle, John Toshack. 2-0 and a penalty against back to 2-2. 'Ave it. Better days to live than look back on.

Fast forward. 2003. Exeter. Thought we were gone. Rochdale was the miracle, really; Hull just a dream. Better days to look back on than to live.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Hull home on 18:04 - May 9 with 2272 viewsKilkennyjack

Looks like its bye bye Tigers and their mega rich owner, cant say they will be missed too much. Have they contributed anything to this premier league this season ?

Hull home on 19:26 - May 9 with 2209 viewsjack247

Is that Dutch TV programme following Swans and Exter in the run up to the end of the season available online anywhere?
Hull home on 19:57 - May 9 with 2176 viewsGowerjack

Early 90's coming back from a game in London.

Aust Services we all pile in for a piss break.

One solitary Hull fan in an 'orrible Tiger print shirt.

He looked VERY worried,

He needn't have been they had beaten the scum earlier.

He had 200 new friends!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Hull home on 19:59 - May 9 with 2173 viewsmorningstar

Hull home on 01:20 - Apr 4 by ScoobyWho

I remember the joy in the away end very well as marc richardssneaked the winner in at Rochdale. Nice turn out that day too.

I ran my own bus too Rochdale. What a day out, decided to stop off for a night out on the way home, the young pretenders on the coach thought I'd take them to some quiet village for a few pints. They soon woke up when I told them we were going in to Stoke for the night! Fair play though, we owned the place!
[Post edited 9 May 2015 20:00]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Hull home on 20:59 - May 9 with 2116 viewsScoobyWho

Hull home on 19:59 - May 9 by morningstar

I ran my own bus too Rochdale. What a day out, decided to stop off for a night out on the way home, the young pretenders on the coach thought I'd take them to some quiet village for a few pints. They soon woke up when I told them we were going in to Stoke for the night! Fair play though, we owned the place!
[Post edited 9 May 2015 20:00]

I often think that Marc Richards goal at Rochdale was as important as James Thomas's goal at that last home game v Hull. Because without Richards goal, the result v Hull wouldnt have mattered.

Hull home on 21:01 - May 9 with 2105 viewsgrabsplatter

Hull home on 19:26 - May 9 by jack247

Is that Dutch TV programme following Swans and Exter in the run up to the end of the season available online anywhere?

It's on You Tube - just search for That Final Day - the original program & the revisited version are on there
Hull home on 21:41 - May 9 with 2068 viewsmorningstar

Hull home on 20:59 - May 9 by ScoobyWho

I often think that Marc Richards goal at Rochdale was as important as James Thomas's goal at that last home game v Hull. Because without Richards goal, the result v Hull wouldnt have mattered.

It was without any shadow of doubt. After losing at home against Exeter we felt we were doomed. Hull home win was always on the cards, but we had too win at Rochdale. Much has been said about those 'heroes', but let's be honest those heroes were pretty shit!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Hull home on 22:29 - May 9 with 2042 viewsjack247

Hull home on 21:01 - May 9 by grabsplatter

It's on You Tube - just search for That Final Day - the original program & the revisited version are on there

Awesome. Cheers mate
Hull home on 22:29 - May 9 with 2041 viewsjack247

Hull home on 20:59 - May 9 by ScoobyWho

Definitely
Hull home on 22:33 - May 9 with 2036 viewsjack247

Hull home on 21:41 - May 9 by morningstar

It was without any shadow of doubt. After losing at home against Exeter we felt we were doomed. Hull home win was always on the cards, but we had too win at Rochdale. Much has been said about those 'heroes', but let's be honest those heroes were pretty shit!

I have never quite got the 'legends' tag for that team. I got completely carried away in the emotion when we stayed up and they were certainly heroes that day, but in the cold light of day, they scraped an 89th place league finish.

Having said that, seeing where we are now, it was one of the biggest sporting 'sliding doors' moments of all time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024