Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we all hoping Burnley survive? 14:51 - Apr 5 with 1813 viewswespens

Just watching them play Spurs. Play in the right way, have a good manager, players stepping up a level and decent support (albeit with six fingers they can make more noise than other fans!). Genuinely hope they stay up and Leicester, QPR and Villa go down!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Are we all hoping Burnley survive? on 15:15 - Apr 5 with 1811 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'd rather they stayed up than Sunderland. They haven't yet been sufficiently punished for their sins of 1974.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Are we all hoping Burnley survive? on 16:37 - Apr 5 with 1794 viewsterminallytangerine

Are we all hoping Burnley survive? on 15:15 - Apr 5 by basilrobbiereborn

I'd rather they stayed up than Sunderland. They haven't yet been sufficiently punished for their sins of 1974.

No.

O.K. gut reaction and on careful reflection perhaps unfair. Putting my tribal bias aside it is difficult not to admire their achievement or dislike their husky voiced manager.

If I'm being tribal again it does have the advantage of keeping Blackburn in their place and denies our inflexible friends the opportunity of another local derby next season if Grayson (damn his eyes - though in reality another manager I find it difficult to dislike) gets them past the post. So my vindictive side might be best served by them staying in the prem.

QPR would be my relegation fodder of choice given their contempt for the rules of spending restraint (of which we are the experts if not the best example to argue the case.

So

Yes.
Are we all hoping Burnley survive? on 17:07 - Apr 5 with 1793 viewsOsbourne

Are we all hoping Burnley survive? on 16:37 - Apr 5 by terminallytangerine

No.

O.K. gut reaction and on careful reflection perhaps unfair. Putting my tribal bias aside it is difficult not to admire their achievement or dislike their husky voiced manager.

If I'm being tribal again it does have the advantage of keeping Blackburn in their place and denies our inflexible friends the opportunity of another local derby next season if Grayson (damn his eyes - though in reality another manager I find it difficult to dislike) gets them past the post. So my vindictive side might be best served by them staying in the prem.

QPR would be my relegation fodder of choice given their contempt for the rules of spending restraint (of which we are the experts if not the best example to argue the case.

So

Yes.

Osbourne says yes.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2015 17:11]
Are we all hoping Burnley survive? on 22:45 - Apr 5 with 1771 viewsBFC_Tim

Are we all hoping Burnley survive? on 17:07 - Apr 5 by Osbourne

Osbourne says yes.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2015 17:11]

BRR - big win for Sunderland - Burnley fans will arguably feel me cheated than we did if they go down as they have thrown away so many games when they were in a position to win all the points!!
[Post edited 5 Apr 2015 22:45]

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Are we all hoping Burnley survive? on 10:05 - Apr 6 with 1756 views1953Original

Whenever I watch them I always think of us - they are a very happy, classy bunch and their players have that 'no fear' mentality which we used to enjoy watching - a good example of how Premier League parachute money should be used and what a difference a good manager and settled, structured club makes. Hope they do it.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Are we all hoping Burnley survive? on 14:08 - Apr 6 with 1750 viewsseasider1887

I have nothing against Sunderland and the memory of 74 has faded now.

I would not mind if Burnley stayed up if for no other reason to show Karl what he could have done if he had run the club properly . Also how much money he has lost out on which lets face it is all he cares about.
Are we all hoping Burnley survive? on 15:42 - Apr 6 with 1740 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Looking at Hull's fixtures, Burnley will overtake them so will stay up unless QPR get some surprise results.
Are we all hoping Burnley survive? on 16:10 - Apr 6 with 1738 viewscamberwell1

Are we all hoping Burnley survive? on 15:42 - Apr 6 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Looking at Hull's fixtures, Burnley will overtake them so will stay up unless QPR get some surprise results.

Burnley need at least 3 wins in the run in to stay up (4 will guarantee safety) - whether they can get them is another issue - they can't score and lack a bit of cutting edge but as others have said I wish 'em well - it would be nice to see them have another chance next season and what a coup for the Town if they did stay up.

Yeah S/land '74 - poor old Harry Potts (mind it was our lack of home wins that cost us - too many draws and far to many 0-0 bores !)

Cambers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024